Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    On 1st bulk EVER! Yiikes! ChrizyKibs's Avatar
    ChrizyKibs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrizyKibs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrizyKibs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrizyKibs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrizyKibs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrizyKibs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrizyKibs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrizyKibs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrizyKibs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrizyKibs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrizyKibs will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Red face Alright, here we go! Here I can blather on about my FIT project lol

So, I finally decided to create a journal for everybody to follow and hoping it will add even more motivation I've been lurking on this website for about 3 months and this is actually my first post in the forum so hello!

Monday I began my week 10 of getting fit. There's been ups and downs but the most important thing is that I keep going. I've added a lot of weight onto the barbells compared to when I started out only 9 weeks ago and nothing really beats that feeling!

I haven't seen any results on the scale but I have seen results when measuring - I know it's not necessarily about the number on the scale but it would be awesome to have visible muscles and weigh 59 kg (I'm at 61 now). My goal in the beginning was to get toned/muscular arms, shoulders and back/lower back BUT since I started to see great results on thighs, butt and stomach very quickly I must admit those areas are now added onto my goal list as well. My overall goal is to get fit but I'm having trouble setting an END goal as in BF, weight or inches. I would love to set a specific goal but seeing I used to be overweight (100 kg at 1.71 cm) I'm used to set goals as in kg to lose and that's definitely not the way to go around it here lol

I know this will be a long process but I feel like I'm well on my way. I've heard it will take about 12 weeks to accomplish any kind of noticeable results - at least for anybody else to notice than me - so that has been on my mind since starting out; I'll take 12 weeks at a time and adjust goals and so on when I hit that mark.

I've been reading a lot about supplements, nutrition and just sculpting the body in general over the last couple of weeks. I've created a meal plan with the recommended amount of protein daily - some of this protein comes from my daily post-work out shaker. From this week on I will focus on fat loss where the first 9 weeks more so have been about getting back into the work out routines (suffered from a shoulder injure from january-may) and eating the right amount of calories (maintenance). So since I'm focused on fat loss; my goal will be to eat about 300 calories less per day than needed which will give me a weight loss of 1 kg per month - hopefully this will be fat! I chose 300 calories because this seems to be doable, some days I've eaten 500 less and felt fine but I know that will be torture for me on other days - besides I'm in no hurry losing the fat, I want to get stronger and be able to lift more

From the beginning I decided I wanted to have a weekly 'cheat-day', a day where I don't follow my meal plan but stay below calorie limit. There's been weeks where it has worked out great but there's been more weeks where I've eaten way too much BUT every time I got right back on track the following day. My hope is that I've learned from this and will keep my sweet tooth in order because I'm keeping my 'cheat-day'. You know, IIFYM hehe

I've been working out 4 times per week; 3 days with weight training and 1 day with cardio + yoga (I didn't want to burn out) but starting this week I'll be adding 1 more training day. So now I'll have 3 days with full body weight training, 1 day with cardio + yoga and 1 day with weight training focusing on only my upper body.

I feel like my way to getting into shape REALLY takes off this week so it's a great time for me to start this journal now! So far I've accomplished great discipline and in my opinion I've also accomplished motivating results after only 9 weeks - I'm very excited to keep improving my form!

I would love inputs and comments but I'm definitely decided to create this journal so I don't drive my family crazy since they don't find this interesting and it's all I can talk and think about lol... This journal will be filled with diet, work-outs, weigh-ins & measurements, motivation vs. none and probably some progress photos too.

ChrizyKibs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrizyKibs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrizyKibs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrizyKibs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrizyKibs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrizyKibs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrizyKibs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrizyKibs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrizyKibs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrizyKibs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrizyKibs will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thought I would share my work out program as it looks right now.

Mondays and Tuesdays:
    20 mins of cardio (stationary bike)
    1 hour of full body weight training class (we do squats, dips, bench press, bend over rows, dead lift, crunches, sit ups, planks and so on)

Wednesdays:
    45 mins of cardio (treadmill or stationary bike)
    1 hour of Yoga

Thursdays (arms/back day):
    45 mins of cardio (stationary bike)

I do 3 sets x 8 reps at each of these machines:
    Vertical traction (40 kg) MY GOAL IS TO DO CHIN UPS! WHEN I'M ABLE TO DO 50 KG ON THIS MACHINE AND IT'S BECOMING TOO EASY I'LL START TRYING TO DO CHIN UPS
    Shoulder press (20 kg)
    Chest Incline (17.5 kg)
    Chest Press (20 kg)
    Low Row (30 kg)
    Pulldown (30 kg)
    Upper Back (17.5 kg)

Friday:
    25 mins of cardio (stationary bike)

6 sets x 8 reps of crunches / sit-ups
    2 sets x 8 reps of squats with barbell (22.5 kg)
    1 set x 8 reps of inner thigh squats with barbell (22.5 kg)
    2 sets x 8 reps of stiff leg good mornings with barbell (22.5 kg)

4 sets x 8 reps of leg raises
    60 elbow to knee as fast as possible
    40 heel touchers as fast as possible
    4 sets x 8 reps of barbell glute bridge (5 kg)

30 sec. plank
    2 sets x 30 sec side planks
    2 sets x 16 reps of mountain climbers

2 sets x 8 reps of triceps extension (6.25 kg)
    4 sets x 8 reps of romanian dead lifts (25 kg)
    4 sets x 8 reps of hyperextensions
    Last edited by ChrizyKibs; 08-09-2013 at 05:02 PM.
    I'm Danish, I WILL misspell - DEAL WITH IT! ;)

Registered User coconuttree2009's Avatar
    coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Welcome!

I understand you go to some sort of weight training class?
    Have you considered taking on a well established programme that you could do by yourself with free weights?

NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    welcome! congrats on 10 weeks

Originally Posted by coconuttree2009 View Post
    Welcome!

I understand you go to some sort of weight training class?
    Have you considered taking on a well established programme that you could do by yourself with free weights?
    Thank you Yes I do, that's where I got my inspiration for the exercises I'm doing on my own on Fridays. Are you referring to the programs they've put up on this site?

Originally Posted by NutMeigh View Post
    welcome! congrats on 10 weeks
    Thank you I know it's not much but gotta start somewhere lol

Since I'm now focusing on losing fat and reducing calories I all of a sudden got all worried; what if it's not fat I'll be losing? I obviously make sure to lift weight as many times a week as possible and I also make sure I don't go below strength when lifting so I don't get weaker. I also get about 1.75g protein pr. kg which is recommended but this is my first time focusing on FAT and not just a number on a scale... Phew. I hope I'm doing it right

I'm not completely sure about my BF% either, I used one of those where you pinch the fat/skin on your body but I have a feeling the result was incorrect. At my gym it's possible to get your BF% for a small amount of money but that's only the first Monday of each month so I'll be waiting a while longer before I'll know my exact BF%. Which is where my concern about losing fat or just weight stems from because I have no idea till I get my BF%, right?

So today I ended my 1st week with 5 work-outs. It was pretty rough getting myself to the gym today, I was definitely motivated - otherwise I wouldn't have gone lol - my body was just incredibly tired and sore BUT I ended up going and even added more weight to my lifts

I feel good about this program but I might end up adding more to it since it didn't take more than 33 mins AND I felt like I could have done more exercises for my abs and arms.

4 sets x 8 reps of barbell glute bridge (7.5 kg)

30 sec. plank

2 sets x 8 reps of triceps extension (7.5 kg)
    4 sets x 8 reps of romanian dead lifts (27.5 kg)
    Last edited by ChrizyKibs; 08-09-2013 at 04:59 PM.

Originally Posted by ChrizyKibs View Post
    I feel good about this program but I might end up adding more to it since it didn't take more than 33 mins AND I felt like I could have done more exercises for my abs and arms.
    I'm thinking about adding some sets of bent over barbell rows, extra elbow to knee + 1 or 2 sets of triceps extensions next time

Oh yea, completely forgot! I had my weigh-in today and I went from 61.8 to 61.4 so -0.4 kg my first week of losing fat! Woohoo!

alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    So today I ended my 1st week with 5 work-outs. It was pretty rough getting myself to the gym today, I was definitely motivated - otherwise I wouldn't have gone lol - my body was just incredibly tired and sore BUT I ended up going and even added more weight to my lifts

30 sec. plank

2 sets x 8 reps of triceps extension (7.5 kg)
    Congrats on starting up a weight training program and journal! Your motivation is awesome!

This is a lot of volume for one workout, I have no idea how you could have completed this in 33 minutes! Do you take rests in between your sets? I usually do 3 sets each of 7 or 8 exercises in 1 training session and that usually takes 45-60 minutes.

I wish you the best of luck on your fit project and I’ll be tagging along to see how you do

Originally Posted by alyshabruso View Post
    Congrats on starting up a weight training program and journal! Your motivation is awesome!

This is a lot of volume for one workout, I have no idea how you could have completed this in 33 minutes! Do you take rests in between your sets? I usually do 3 sets each of 7 or 8 exercises in 1 training session and that usually takes 45-60 minutes.

I wish you the best of luck on your fit project and I’ll be tagging along to see how you do
    Thank you! Yea I rest between sets - but probably at most a minute at a time. I didn't even rush through my work-out, I did it in my own pace but obviously two of the exercises are done fast on purpose. You think it's a lot of volume? How so? Just curious

I already noticed your journal and been reading a lot of it - I love your progress so far and the hard work you've been doing!

alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thank you! Yea I rest between sets - but probably at most a minute at a time. I didn't even rush through my work-out, I did it in my own pace but obviously two of the exercises are done fast on purpose. You think it's a lot of volume? How so? Just curious

I already noticed your journal and been reading a lot of it - I love your progress so far and the hard work you've been doing!
    You’re welcome

It just has a let more sets in it than I’m used to seeing, but I just noticed the first chunk of it and the 3rd chunk are the same exercises but separated, which makes it look less taxing overall.

If you feel it’s working for you, keep it up! But just be careful with the volume. I’ve been notorious for trying to squeeze a ton of volume into my training sessions and so many people have warned me against it. If you do too many things in one day you can’t put as much focus on each move. After a few weeks if you feel like you are starting to burn out a bit, just know that a shorter routine would be perfectly fine and would still lead to great results

I’m glad you like my journal! Thanks so much

You’re welcome

It just has a let more sets in it than I’m used to seeing, but I just noticed the first chunk of it and the 3rd chunk are the same exercises but separated, which makes it look less taxing overall.

If you feel it’s working for you, keep it up! But just be careful with the volume. I’ve been notorious for trying to squeeze a ton of volume into my training sessions and so many people have warned me against it. If you do too many things in one day you can’t put as much focus on each move. After a few weeks if you feel like you are starting to burn out a bit, just know that a shorter routine would be perfectly fine and would still lead to great results

I’m glad you like my journal! Thanks so much
    lol I don't have enough time/days for all the exercises I want to do/add! Who would have thought? Right now I'm feeling pretty good about my program but I'm sure it'll be changed/switched up for a change of pace. And I definitely know what you mean, that's exactly why I made sure arm/back isn't too overwhelming otherwise it would be too much for me in the long run.

And thanks for the support btw.!

Alright, here's my meal plan. It's a bit of a weird order because I currently work nights full time + bartend on Saturdays (where I don't follow the meal plan since I obviously can't bring my fridge to work nor do I have time to eat that much lol).

Right now I follow the same meal plan 5 days out of the week - in 1 month I'm done bartending and then I'll be following the meal plan 6 days a week. Sunday I use as 'cheat-day', eating whatever but staying below needed calories.

Meal plan:
    Grapes (200 grams)
    Nectarines (200 grams)

Tuna (140 grams)
    Cashew nuts (25 grams)

Chocolate milk (small glass)
    Junket (200 grams) with muesli rich on fibres (50 grams)

Before work-out:
    Oatmeal (small portion)

After work-out:
    Protein shake (made with whey powder and low fat milk)
    1 banana

Chicken (75 grams) (ON FRIDAYS: STEAK AND LESS POTATOS TO LOWER CALORIE INTAKE)
    Potatos (200 grams)
    Carrots (100 grams) with raisins (33 grams)
    Dressing (25 grams)

= around 2.000 calories

lol I don't have enough time/days for all the exercises I want to do/add! Who would have thought? Right now I'm feeling pretty good about my program but I'm sure it'll be changed/switched up for a change of pace. And I definitely know what you mean, that's exactly why I made sure arm/back isn't too overwhelming otherwise it would be too much for me in the long run.

And thanks for the support btw.!
    I'm glad your program is working for you It is generally good to switch things up every 3-4 months because your body will adapt to your program and you don't want that! Keep up the good work!

I'm pretty happy about my 1st week cutting. Ended up with a total deficiency of 2.222 calories (if everything was counted right of course lol).

My body is still pretty sore after 5 work-outs this week, I don't know if that has something to do with me cutting on top of working out or if it's just my body getting used to another work out session. Either way I just gotta tough it out

I'm pretty happy about my 1st week cutting. Ended up with a total deficiency of 2.222 calories (if everything was counted right of course lol).

My body is still pretty sore after 5 work-outs this week, I don't know if that has something to do with me cutting on top of working out or if it's just my body getting used to another work out session. Either way I just gotta tough it out
    feeling sore is so reassuring, it means your doing the right thing! I get kind of sad if I'm not sore the day after my workouts lol

It took a very long time before I fell asleep after my nightshift and knowing my instructor is on vacation this week made it a struggle getting out of bed and going to the gym lol.. And on top of that I was hitting the gym later than normal so it was packed with people - sigh - I hate waiting for people to be done with the machines.

Anyways, I chose to do arms/chest/upper back today:

Warm-up: 25 mins on the stationary bike

3 sets x 8 reps at each of these machines:
    Vertical traction (40 kg)
    Shoulder press (20 kg)
    Chest Incline (17.5 kg)
    Chest Press (20 kg)
    Low Row (30 kg)
    Pulldown (30 kg)
    Upper Back (20 kg) +2.5kg, yay!

+ I added: 4 sets x 8 reps of triceps extension (7.5 kg)

Leaving the gym it felt like my arms were massive so I definitely did good!
    Last edited by ChrizyKibs; 08-12-2013 at 12:52 PM.

Another night of not so good sleep - ugh - oh well, I made it to the gym and I kicked ass! I'm surprised at how many people there was at the gym tho, I went at my normal time and still it was packed!! I guess summer must be over lol

I chose abs/legs/lower back today:

Warm-up: 25 mins on the stationary bike

65 elbow to knee as fast as possible +5, woohoo!

30 sec. plank
    3 sets x 16 reps of mountain climbers - added an extra set!
    65 elbow to knee as fast as possible - added an extra set!
    40 heel touchers as fast as possible - added an extra set!

4 sets x 8 reps of hyperextensions +5 kg plate (it was getting too 'easy' )

I just got done eating a delicious dinner so now I'm gonna lay back and relax. My abs are SORE! Yay!

Nice Work Chrizy! Good for you hitting new personal records, feels great, huh?

Can I make a suggestion? 25 mins is pretty long for a warm up, I think you would benefit on doing a shorter warm up (like 5 minutes) and doing the rest of your cardio after your workout (an additional 20-25 mins).

I don't know if you're familiar with the the science behind glycogen storage/metabolism (i'm a college nutrition student lol so I've had to study it in annoyingly meticulous detail) but it has been shown to be much more beneficial for fat loss if you do your cardio after your weight training. This way you have more energy for your actual lifts and once you are done lifting your energy stores are depleted and you can more easily burn off any additional fat with cardio. Also, since you have more energy for your lifts you will be able to hit even more personal records!

just something to think about. I know a lot of people like doing cardio first because they like to get it over with and tend to skip it if they wait until later (guilty lol) but you may find that you like doing it after. Again, whatever works for you

Keep it up! You're doing amazing

Nice Work Chrizy! Good for you hitting new personal records, feels great, huh?

Can I make a suggestion? 25 mins is pretty long for a warm up, I think you would benefit on doing a shorter warm up (like 5 minutes) and doing the rest of your cardio after your workout (an additional 20-25 mins).

I don't know if you're familiar with the the science behind glycogen storage/metabolism (i'm a college nutrition student lol so I've had to study it in annoyingly meticulous detail) but it has been shown to be much more beneficial for fat loss if you do your cardio after your weight training. This way you have more energy for your actual lifts and once you are done lifting your energy stores are depleted and you can more easily burn off any additional fat with cardio. Also, since you have more energy for your lifts you will be able to hit even more personal records!

just something to think about. I know a lot of people like doing cardio first because they like to get it over with and tend to skip it if they wait until later (guilty lol) but you may find that you like doing it after. Again, whatever works for you

Keep it up! You're doing amazing
    Funny you should mention it, earlier when I was sitting on the bike I was thinking about WHY it is people that lift recommend to do cardio AFTER lifting and now I know lol.. I'm gonna try out your suggestion on Thursday (next weightlifting session) and see how that pans out for me. I can see how it will be easy to skip after lifting tho

And thanks for the support! Feels great to see progress, even if it's just a small amount it makes me proud!

Funny you should mention it, earlier when I was sitting on the bike I was thinking about WHY it is people that lift recommend to do cardio AFTER lifting and now I know lol.. I'm gonna try out your suggestion on Thursday (next weightlifting session) and see how that pans out for me. I can see how it will be easy to skip after lifting tho

And thanks for the support! Feels great to see progress, even if it's just a small amount it makes me proud!
    Haha you're welcome, and I'm glad you're seeing progress!

So from what I can read there's very different ways to do a cut (or a bulk), there's talk about 40/40/20 ratio but also 30/50/20 and I'm a bit unsure about what's the best - maybe it's just about preference?

As it looks now, I'm getting 119,85 grams of protein / 255,87 grams of carbs / 53,44 grams of fat on a daily basis. So I'm slightly above in carbs and fat but below in protein if I go by the 30/50/20 ratio - which I'm more drawn to since I like to eat fruit like grapes, it helps me keep my sweet tooth under control but is also high in carbs. So I'm thinking about adding another protein shake instead of bread/potatos e.g. with my dinner which obviously will help me get more protein (+36,5 g.) but also lower my intake of carbs (-40 g.) and fat (-2,7 g.). This will bring me VERY close to the desired ratio, at least according to my calculations..

So now is my question - when should I have this protein shake? Hmmm

So, today was cardio day (laaaaaame!) Didn't feel like doing Yoga so I kept it to the treadmill, bike and the elliptical machine. It was so boring, I REALLY felt like lifting something heavy haha but I know how important it is to let your muscles recover... Besides my shoulders, lats and butt + hammies are killing me from yesterday's work-out so I probably wouldn't have accomplished much anyways! lol.. DOMS FTW!

My work-out today:
    20 mins on the treadmill
    25 mins on the stationary bike
    15 mins on the elliptical machine

Haha I see you've joined the "I hate cardio crew" Once you get into lifting cardio gets soooooo borrrrringgg. Also, about the protein shake, most people drink them post-workout, this is what I would do. Personally, I rather use my powder to cook with. I put it in oatmeal, omelets, and those mugcake things I always post about in my journal. I love experimenting with protein powder!

For the macros, I have seen either the 40/40/20 or 30/50/20 work for beginners. If you want to get a little more technical and specific about it, check out this thread for calculating macros http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703921. This thread advises you to not use ratios to calculate your macros because you can run into problems that way when your calorie goal starts getting higher, but for now you're probably okay as long as you get enough protein.

One more thing lol I know you are cutting right now, but you are in a super important stage for muscle growth because you are a beginner (beginners gain muscle at a MUCH faster rate than people who have been weight training for over a year). Make sure you don't cut too low or you will stall your progress with muscle growth. You probably shouldn't eat very much below your maintenance. I just looked at your meal plan and 2,000 calories a day sounds good for this intense muscle-growth stage

Keep it up!

Haha I see you've joined the "I hate cardio crew" Once you get into lifting cardio gets soooooo borrrrringgg. Also, about the protein shake, most people drink them post-workout, this is what I would do. Personally, I rather use my powder to cook with. I put it in oatmeal, omelets, and those mugcake things I always post about in my journal. I love experimenting with protein powder!

For the macros, I have seen either the 40/40/20 or 30/50/20 work for beginners. If you want to get a little more technical and specific about it, check out this thread for calculating macros. This thread advises you to not use ratios to calculate your macros because you can run into problems that way when your calorie goal starts getting higher, but for now you're probably okay as long as you get enough protein.

One more thing lol I know you are cutting right now, but you are in a super important stage for muscle growth because you are a beginner (beginners gain muscle at a MUCH faster rate than people who have been weight training for over a year). Make sure you don't cut too low or you will stall your progress with muscle growth. You probably shouldn't eat very much below your maintenance. I just looked at your meal plan and 2,000 calories a day sounds good for this intense muscle-growth stage

Keep it up!
    Oh, I already drink a protein shake after my work-out - I was just thinking about adding another one

I get about 1850-2000 calories pr. day. Thanks for the tips (and concern lol)! My maintenance calorie intake is at 1730 pr. day so I'm actually eating more than I normally would BUT I'm also burning between 500-600 calories pr. work-out so I ended out around 1400-1500 calories so between 200-300 below maintenance which I think it's a good amount

I was SOOOOO happy it was arm/chest/upper back day while walking into the gym but I kinda changed my thoughts on that midway through because apparently my lats were still VERY sore after my last work-out making some of these exercises hard to do. Oh well, got through it! And I do like DOMS - I complain BUT I also like being in 'pain'

Warm-up: 5 mins on the stationary bike

3 sets x 8 reps at each of these machines:
    Vertical traction (40 kg)
    Shoulder press (20 kg)
    Chest Incline (20 kg) +2.5kg, yay! - It was pretty rough tho so this will be hard on my next session buuuuut progress, woohoo!
    Chest Press (20 kg)
    Low Row (30 kg)
    Pulldown (30 kg)
    Upper Back (20 kg)

4 sets x 8 reps of triceps extension (7.5 kg)

Afterwards: 20 mins on the stationery bike
    (followed alyshabruso's advice. I couldn't really feel any difference while strength training but since I wasn't really lifting I'll give it another go with tomorrow's work-out The only way I could feel a difference was my arms being like jelly which made it pretty uncomfortable lol)
    Last edited by ChrizyKibs; 08-15-2013 at 03:46 PM.

So, I was feeling HORRIBLE last night.. Out of nowhere I felt dizzy, nauseous and had a pounding headache... And the 'best' part was that I just couldn't go to bed since I had the night shift so I had to 'stick it out', le sigh lol... At first I thought I was getting sick or something but figured I might 'just' be dehydrated and after SEVERAL liters of water over a few hours I finally started to feel better. Gotta watch out for that in the future because that was seriously unpleasant feeling like that! Anyways, decided not to go to the gym today since my night had been that horrible - I figured I needed to rest up, it made me feel lazy as **** tho lol

Today I had my weigh-in and the scale said 60.6 kg, which means -0.8 kg since last Friday. In my two weeks of cutting I've lost 1.2 kg and I'm not sure if the weight loss is going to quickly?? Don't get me wrong, I'm really happy about my results and have never complained about a weight loss BUT in this case it's just not irrelevant WHAT it is I'm losing.. So is this going to fast? I had thought I would lose about 0.250 kg - 0.5 kg a week so the results have surprised me a lot. Should I maybe add about 100 calories extra per day? Or is the loss okay? Keep in mind I'm only about 1.5-2 kg away from my ideal (and goal) weight ... hmmm

So, I was feeling HORRIBLE last night.. Out of nowhere I felt dizzy, nauseous and had a pounding headache... And the 'best' part was that I just couldn't go to bed since I had the night shift so I had to 'stick it out', le sigh lol... At first I thought I was getting sick or something but figured I might 'just' be dehydrated and after SEVERAL liters of water over a few hours I finally started to feel better. Gotta watch out for that in the future because that was seriously unpleasant feeling like that! Anyways, decided not to go to the gym today since my night had been that horrible - I figured I needed to rest up, it made me feel lazy as **** tho lol

Today I had my weigh-in and the scale said 60.6 kg, which means -0.8 kg since last Friday. In my two weeks of cutting I've lost 1.2 kg and I'm not sure if the weight loss is going to quickly?? Don't get me wrong, I'm really happy about my results and have never complained about a weight loss BUT in this case it's just not irrelevant WHAT it is I'm losing.. So is this going to fast? I had thought I would lose about 0.250 kg - 0.5 kg a week so the results have surprised me a lot. Should I maybe add about 100 calories extra per day? Or is the loss okay? Keep in mind I'm only about 1.5-2 kg away from my ideal (and goal) weight ... hmmm
    Aww I hope you feel better soon! It's a good idea to take a rest day when you are feeling ill, i know it can feel crappy, but its the best thing to do for your body!

When you start a cut it is natural for the weight to come off fast a first, but then it slows down soon after the initial drop. Since you're not very far away from your goal weight and you are in that accelerated muscle growth stage I think adding extra calories would be a great idea. Start with 100 and see how that goes, that's what I would do