Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

The True Test of Endurance: MikeWines' log of FN BCAA Plus

First off, I want to give a HUGE thank you to yakuzastyle and Formutech Nutrition for allowing me the opportunity to log their newest product!

ENDURANCE is one of the most complete sports supplements for all athletes because the ingredients provide
    an extra edge during high intensity workouts, reducing muscle soreness, and supporting storage of energy in muscle
    and facilitates creation of energy for muscles to use. Along with the staples found in other BCAA powder the additions
    of Beta Alanine and Creatinol-0 Phosphate make ENDURANCE one of the most complete BCAA powders on the market!

Benefits of ENDURANCE:
    - 7100mg of BCAA!
    - Promote muscle growth.
    - Help delay muscle fatigue.
    - Promote faster tissue repair.
    - Support optimum growth hormone levels.
    - Help reduce delayed-onset muscle soreness.
    - Provide energy boosts during intense training sessions
    - Reduce muscle breakdown during training and recovery.
    - Promotes vasodilation, supporting improved protein assimilation and absorption.

Quick Background About Me:
    Training Experience: Been lifting since senior year of high school but got serious with it about a year ago.
    Current Training Split: I'm running Wendler's 5/3/1 with a bit of extra assitance work and the BBB template.
    Monday-Squat&DL
    Tuesday-Bench&OHP
    Thursday-DL&Squat
    Friday-Bench&OHP
    Supplements: Fish Oil, Multi, Whey, Creatine Mono
    Macros: Sitting at ~4k on training days (600/80/220)

I've been looking for a stimulant free supplement which I could run and FN appears to have made the perfect product. A significant dose of beta alanine and citrulline malate and quite a hefty amount of BCAAs. Pretty pumped to try this out, time for some gains!
    B.S. Exercise Science
    M.S. Applied Sport Science and Exercise Physiology

mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    in on this one baby!!! good luck bud. I'll check back everyday to see how it's goin. The flavor is amazing
    The 2 most important things to me when training are 1. The Muscle Mind Connection. and 2. Intensity

NSCA Certified Trainer
    NPC Competitor
    Utah State Firefighter

MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

CYCLE 6/Week 2: 3x3
    (weight x reps x sets)

Warm-Up
    Rumble Rolling, Scapula Protraction/Retraction, 1st Rib Mobilization, Band Pull Aparts & Dislocations

Bench
    WU:
    65x5
    85x5
    105x3
    Work sets:
    110x3
    125x3
    140x5 (Easy so went for more)
    125x3
    110x3

A1: OHP
    50x10x5 (BBB@50%)
    A1: Paused Chinups
    BWx3x5

B1:Floor Press
    45sx10
    50sx10x2
    B1: DB Row
    50sx10x2
    55sx10

C1: Cable Pullovers
    3setsx10reps
    C1: Facepulls
    3setsx15reps

Scoop was at the bottom, had to go digging. haha

Smell: 7/10 Exactly like the chewable vitamin C! It's unreal how alike they are.

Taste: 8/10 I'm not a huge orange fan but this was extremely reminiscent to the popsicles you used to get as a kid.

Mixability: 8/10 I noticed there were white flecks (see pic below) which stuck around for about 10-15 minutes even after some hard shaking. However they eventually went away.

1 Scoop:20oz H2O

Focus: 7/10 Not mind blowing but fairly solid.
    Energy: 9/10 Felt great through the whole session.
    Pump: 7/10 Not too much going on in the beta alanine department. Maybe a bit more noticeable when I got done
    Strength: 8/10 Bench felt easy and much better than expected.

Quite happy with day 1!
    Attached Images
    B.S. Exercise Science

mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    dang thanks for such a detailed first review with all those pics!
    The 2 most important things to me when training are 1. The Muscle Mind Connection. and 2. Intensity

NSCA Certified Trainer
    NPC Competitor
    Utah State Firefighter

KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think this will really grow on you. I logged it a while back (melon flavor) and I am hooked now. just something about this product.

nice start and nice training session today.
    I'm back.......kinda.....sort of....

Originally Posted by mormonpickett View Post
    dang thanks for such a detailed first review with all those pics!
    FN was nice enough to send me a tub of their product for free so I want to provide a thorough and accurate trial so that you get the feedback you're looking for. It's the least I can do.

Originally Posted by KissIcon View Post
    I think this will really grow on you. I logged it a while back (melon flavor) and I am hooked now. just something about this product.

nice start and nice training session today.
    Thanks. It was pretty tasty to sip throughout my session. Ignore my poverty lifts, it's a work in progress. haha
    B.S. Exercise Science

Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Orange! I want some!
    My “training log”
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178659261

Here to stay motivated and to motivate others

I have had both flavors. The melon is delicious. There is something about the Orange that makes you just keep drinking and drinking. I love it. Good thing I have lots hehe

NSCA Certified Trainer
    NPC Competitor
    Utah State Firefighter

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Arent you logging for infinite labs too?

Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    uh oh

NSCA Certified Trainer
    NPC Competitor
    Utah State Firefighter

uh oh
    I was but am not currently since I used up the product, the log is just still being used.
    Last edited by MikeWines; 05-15-2013 at 07:07 AM.
    B.S. Exercise Science

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MikeWines View Post
    I was but am not currently since I used up the product, the log is just still being used.
    So you updated your log yesterday (infinite labs) with a workout but you did not use the product for that company?
    That is quite confusing...

So you updated your log yesterday (infinite labs) with a workout but you did not use the product for that company?
    That is quite confusing...
    Yeah I kept forgetting to say something, I'll clear that up shortly.
    B.S. Exercise Science

KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks. It was pretty tasty to sip throughout my session. Ignore my poverty lifts, it's a work in progress. haha
    Yeah, I hope not to be disappointed by the Orange. The Melon was 'da bomb! Loved it and is still a staple of mine.

Poverty lifts?? Nothing wrong with them. Chit, I am still in recovery/rehab mode so I feel like I am still using the pink dumbells

Yeah, I hope not to be disappointed by the Orange. The Melon was 'da bomb! Loved it and is still a staple of mine.

Poverty lifts?? Nothing wrong with them. Chit, I am still in recovery/rehab mode so I feel like I am still using the pink dumbells
    I'm a huge watermelon fan (ate a 10lb in one day a while ago. haha) so I would probably crush a tub of the melon myself.

Well I'm kind of in "recovery" too myself so I'm having to build myself back up after all of my lifts tanked hard. What are you rehabbing?
    B.S. Exercise Science

I'm a huge watermelon fan (ate a 10lb in one day a while ago. haha) so I would probably crush a tub of the melon myself.

Well I'm kind of in "recovery" too myself so I'm having to build myself back up after all of my lifts tanked hard. What are you rehabbing?
    I am the proud owner of a titanium plate and 6 screws in my cervical spin, C5-C7. I have had a few set backs since my full release from the doctor in January but got a long road. Didn't believe it at first but reality check set in.

I just bought a tub of the Orange and will probably crack into it this weekend

I am the proud owner of a titanium plate and 6 screws in my cervical spin, C5-C7. I have had a few set backs since my full release from the doctor in January but got a long road. Didn't believe it at first but reality check set in.

I just bought a tub of the Orange and will probably crack into it this weekend
    Good gosh, that's horrible. Deadlifting injury I presume? You'll enjoy the orange, good call.
    B.S. Exercise Science

Good gosh, that's horrible. Deadlifting injury I presume? You'll enjoy the orange, good call.
    Nope. It was a combo of several things really; degeneration, arthritis, compression, spinal stenosis, just to name a few. Have no clue what set it off but after a third flare up in 11 months and loosing muscle tone on left side, not to mention the pain, had to get it fixed. Of course, I am no spring chicken either

Yeah, I can't wait to crack open that tub. Just a few more days........

Nope. It was a combo of several things really; degeneration, arthritis, compression, spinal stenosis, just to name a few. Have no clue what set it off but after a third flare up in 11 months and loosing muscle tone on left side, not to mention the pain, had to get it fixed. Of course, I am no spring chicken either

Yeah, I can't wait to crack open that tub. Just a few more days........
    Wow that's intense. What all are you able to do exercise wise? I feel like I would go bonkers not being able to lift...
    B.S. Exercise Science

Wow that's intense. What all are you able to do exercise wise? I feel like I would go bonkers not being able to lift...
    I've been able to do about 70% of what I did before. I just can't go heavy for the most part. Certain movements/exercises I can't do period for a long while, like deads, bb squats, heavy shrugs, sometimes none at all and certain pulling exercises. So somewhat limited but pushing through it best I can. Still having a few hand issues but will see where that leads down the road.
    Trust me, surgery was mid October and until mid January, I was a sonofabitch........

I've been able to do about 70% of what I did before. I just can't go heavy for the most part. Certain movements/exercises I can't do period for a long while, like deads, bb squats, heavy shrugs, sometimes none at all and certain pulling exercises. So somewhat limited but pushing through it best I can. Still having a few hand issues but will see where that leads down the road.
    Trust me, surgery was mid October and until mid January, I was a sonofabitch........
    Man that sounds rough, you definitely have my sympathies. We really take it for granted being able to train injury free everyday. Keep after it, rehab is the most important part to getting back to 100%.
    B.S. Exercise Science

yakuzastyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yakuzastyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yakuzastyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yakuzastyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yakuzastyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yakuzastyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yakuzastyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yakuzastyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yakuzastyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yakuzastyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yakuzastyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What's good?

Originally Posted by yakuzastyle View Post
    What's good?
    Nothing much my man, good to have you in on the log. Dose #2 is in the works for this afternoon's workout!
    B.S. Exercise Science

Nothing much my man, good to have you in on the log. Dose #2 is in the works for this afternoon's workout!
    hope you like it! let us know how the flavor is this time. I can't say enough about the flavors of endurance. amazing

NSCA Certified Trainer
    NPC Competitor
    Utah State Firefighter

tear that chit up today.

gettn' ready to head to the gym myself. shoulders & cardio (i...hate.....car-dee-o....)

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    tear that chit up today.

gettn' ready to head to the gym myself. shoulders & cardio (i...hate.....car-dee-o....)
    All the cardio you need right here man!

Time to get things rolling...

CYCLE 6/Week 1: 3x5
    (weight x reps x sets)

Warm-Up
    Rumble Rolling & Lax Ball Work, Fire Hydrants, Clams, Glute Bridge, Goblet Squat

WU: Snatch Grip DL
    105x5
    135x5
    160x3
    Work Sets: Conventional Double Overhand DL
    185x3
    210x3
    235x5 (Easyyy, went for some +reps)
    210x3
    185x3

A1: Box Squat
    95x10x5 (BBB@50%)
    A1: Pullups
    BWx5x5

Step Back Lunges:
    20sx10x3

A2: Seated Calf:
    60/sidex10
    65/sidex8x2
    A2: Leg Raises
    BWx12x3

Taste: 8/10 Growing on me, really enjoying sipping it through my whole session. Sweet but not overpowering, quite refreshing actually.
    Mixability: 8/10 White flecks still hanging out when I first shake it but then disappear eventually.
    Focus: 9/10 Definitely zoned in today.
    Energy: 9/10
    Pump: 8/10 Got some beta alanine tingles when I got done.
    Strength: 9/10 Felt really good today, nice and strong.

Misc.
    >Fantastic workout! Energy, focus, and strength were all on point.

>Squats felt much better after implementing the tip in that video.

>590/80/230
    B.S. Exercise Science

hope you like it! let us know how the flavor is this time. I can't say enough about the flavors of endurance. amazing
    My thoughts on the flavor were included in day 1 and today as well. Tasty stuff!

tear that chit up today.

I haven't seen a treadmill in years myself...I much prefer sprints (hill or wingate)

Check these articles out, I think they'll be of some interest to you:
    http://jtsstrength.com/articles/2013...oing-it-wrong/
    http://www.jtsstrength.com/articles/...o-do-it-right/
    B.S. Exercise Science

yakuzastyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yakuzastyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yakuzastyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yakuzastyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yakuzastyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yakuzastyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yakuzastyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yakuzastyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yakuzastyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yakuzastyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yakuzastyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ErikTheElectric View Post
    That and this...

Originally Posted by ErikTheElectric View Post
    yes, that does work.....if i could avoid the traffic
    Originally Posted by yakuzastyle View Post
    That and this...

This most def ^^

Nice work today Mike.