Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

How do you guys sleep on keto?

When I followed the paleo diet, I'd do IF once a week to "reset" my body, as Cordain calls it. These fasts would always lead into me going into ketosis, which would always involve a terrible night of sleep. I'd usually sleep for 5-6 hours while waking up every hour or so. This happened every time I went into ketosis. I've tried to do a keto diet recently, but after 3 days of this, I would be completely shot, mentally and physically. I'm curious how you guys manage to make it past a few days with the sleep side effects of the diet, or if this was just something unique to me.

S7N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have no trouble sleeping at all whilst on the diet, if I am honest my sleep has probably improved. I started KETO Jan 1st had the fogginess and headaches for the first week but after that I honestly started to feel better, more alert, less hungry etc... Though the taste in my mouth was terrible, so bad it got me to the dentists for the first time in many years.

I drink a fair amount of water, I would say this helps.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/7SIN

frostywalrus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have no trouble sleeping either, probably also sleep better. I do take zinc and magnesium regularly and drink a tone of water.

Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have no trouble sleeping on keto. The energy I have in the morning is one of the reasons I love this diet. I do frequent IF and one alternate day fast a week and sometimes I have trouble falling asleep after the ADF. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the increased metabolic rate and hormones - the body is telling you to get off your ass and go hunt !
    Yes I know I am fat and weak. I'm working on it.
    I REP BACK.
    Everyone at BB constantly preaches meal timing is irrelevant. Then they religiously take a whey shake post-workout just to prove it.
    Ketosis: Because initiating lipolysis during a cut is obviously a terrible thing.
    Primal eating: Because cutting out processed foods is obviously a terrible thing.

KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Issues such as yours subside once you've "adapted out" of lipogenesis, and into lipolysis. It sounds like you have some anorexigenic hormonal resistance issues, so I recommend you refrain from caloric restriction during the first week or two. After the initial adaption, things will go much easier..
    I'll take arrogance and the inevitable hubris over self-doubt and lack of confidence, anyday.......

Registered User YesiEvenLiftBro's Avatar
    YesiEvenLiftBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YesiEvenLiftBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YesiEvenLiftBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YesiEvenLiftBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YesiEvenLiftBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YesiEvenLiftBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YesiEvenLiftBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YesiEvenLiftBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YesiEvenLiftBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YesiEvenLiftBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YesiEvenLiftBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    just give it 3 weeks for full induction, I got that two for about the first 5 days I was sleeping 3 hours a day, it was weird, also felt super lathargic and lazy, no energy to do anything with on and off headaches, after 3 weeks, felt phucking amazing, just randomly started to get bouts of super energy and euphoria

tonzoffun is on a distinguished road. (+10) tonzoffun is on a distinguished road. (+10) tonzoffun is on a distinguished road. (+10) tonzoffun is on a distinguished road. (+10) tonzoffun is on a distinguished road. (+10) tonzoffun is on a distinguished road. (+10) tonzoffun is on a distinguished road. (+10) tonzoffun is on a distinguished road. (+10) tonzoffun is on a distinguished road. (+10) tonzoffun is on a distinguished road. (+10) tonzoffun is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Silvance1 View Post
    When I followed the paleo diet, I'd do IF once a week to "reset" my body, as Cordain calls it. These fasts would always lead into me going into ketosis, which would always involve a terrible night of sleep. I'd usually sleep for 5-6 hours while waking up every hour or so. This happened every time I went into ketosis. I've tried to do a keto diet recently, but after 3 days of this, I would be completely shot, mentally and physically. I'm curious how you guys manage to make it past a few days with the sleep side effects of the diet, or if this was just something unique to me.
    Yea after induction period you should be fine, if not try OTC natural sleep aid, used it when i had shift work seemed to help and I was not groggy in the morning.

Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I go into keto with less than 50 carbs per day, any more and I come out of it. If I do paleo and stick to 50-100 carbs a day, will my body still be able to switch to burning fat instead of carbs? If so, will this make it easier to switch to a purely ketogenic diet?

KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Silvance1 View Post
    I go into keto with less than 50 carbs per day, any more and I come out of it. If I do paleo and stick to 50-100 carbs a day, will my body still be able to switch to burning fat instead of carbs? If so, will this make it easier to switch to a purely ketogenic diet?
    Hard to tell. If you're having adaptation issues, its better to keep carbs as low as possible during adaptation. Eating extra fat helps as well.
    I'll take arrogance and the inevitable hubris over self-doubt and lack of confidence, anyday.......

bobbydigitaloa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bobbydigitaloa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bobbydigitaloa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bobbydigitaloa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bobbydigitaloa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bobbydigitaloa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bobbydigitaloa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bobbydigitaloa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bobbydigitaloa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bobbydigitaloa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bobbydigitaloa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    When I am in keto, especially when the body fat dips into the 5% range, I don't sleep at all. I picked up som iForce Lights out to see if that helps this time around.
    678/424/700 - USPA Raw International Elite 220

Bradonis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bradonis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bradonis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bradonis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bradonis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bradonis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bradonis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bradonis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bradonis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bradonis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bradonis will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Easy:

I close my eyes, relax, and let my body do the rest

BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000)
    I get to sleep just fine but some nights I wake up several times, or wake up too early.
    Current log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149169243

Now cutting!