Chrom3y is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chrom3y is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chrom3y is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chrom3y is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chrom3y is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chrom3y is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chrom3y is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chrom3y is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chrom3y is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chrom3y is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chrom3y is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Why cant my gf lose anymore weight?

My gf started losing weight last year. She weighs about 160 right now and wants to get down to around 135-140 by summer. For the past month she hasnt been losing anything. Before she was eating 1200 cals daily. Then she raised to 1600 a day thinking 1200 was too low. Been about 2 weeks and still no progress. I told her to focus more on protein and lift more but Im no expert. Idk wth is the problem. I just started cutting and Im losing weight just fine.

Help pls??

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    How is she counting her calories? Is she weighing her food properly (ie. EVERYTHING)? How often do you see her (in other words, how often do you NOT see what she is eating or doing). The vast majority of overweight people do not understand portion sizing and underestimate how much they are eating. Even measuring cups can be off. If she is not losing at 1600 (which is much better than 1200 but still, even 1700-1800 might work better for now) then she is not counting her calories properly.

One month is a bit soon to tell (men tend to lose weight faster than women - you have more overall muscle mass, less overall body fat at the same weight, and hormones/PMS/water fluctuations can throw off the scale) but there should be a slight budge.

Chrom3y is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chrom3y is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chrom3y is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chrom3y is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chrom3y is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chrom3y is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chrom3y is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chrom3y is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chrom3y is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chrom3y is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chrom3y is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Her scale broke.. This is exactly what I've been telling her though. She needs to be weighing everything. Im with her a lot and she really doesnt over eat. But still she'll make bad choices like last night we went out and she had an order of cornbread and soup. Her excuse was "I only ate once today". Which kinda pissed me off because I started my cut early just to help her out.

Im gonna buy her a new scale and if she doesnt go 2 weeks without eating crap then she can do w/e she wants.
    Its up to her to make the progress. I'll get lean on my own.

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    She can have the cornbread and soup, if she's tracking her calories correctly that will not kill her progress.

Get the scale, that is the best option. Have her measure everything, even condiments (srs).
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

Originally Posted by megdaig View Post
    She can have the cornbread and soup, if she's tracking her calories correctly that will not kill her progress.

Get the scale, that is the best option. Have her measure everything, even condiments (srs).
    I know. What I mean is that she just randomly decides to eat calorie dense food without really knowing how much she ate prior to that meal. But yes im gonna buy the scale today and see how it goes. Thanks.

ozziefitchick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ozziefitchick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ozziefitchick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ozziefitchick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ozziefitchick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ozziefitchick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ozziefitchick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ozziefitchick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ozziefitchick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ozziefitchick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ozziefitchick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    How long has she been cutting for at 1200 cals??

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Chrom3y View Post
    I know. What I mean is that she just randomly decides to eat calorie dense food without really knowing how much she ate prior to that meal. But yes im gonna buy the scale today and see how it goes. Thanks.
    I get that you guys are 20 and dating so probably go out a lot - try sticking to places where nutritional information is available and check the guide online before you go to minimize impulse choices. When she is later on maintaining and has a good grip of eyeballing occasional treats then don't worry, but for now, she needs to track.

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by NathanielArca View Post
    Why would she raise her caloric intake to 1,600 calories if she's not losing fat at 1,200 calories? Tell her to reduce her calories just a bit more and see how that works out.
    Because 1200 is below her BMR and it is not necessary to go that low. Plus, she likely is eating more than 1600 if she is not losing, she just may not be tracking correctly. Instead of just blindly reducing calories because "it isn't working" they need to do more analysis to figure out the true problem, then adjust appropriately.
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

Location: London, State / Province, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by NathanielArca View Post
    Why would she raise her caloric intake to 1,600 calories if she's not losing fat at 1,200 calories? Tell her to reduce her calories just a bit more and see how that works out.
    If she's not losing at that level she needs a reality check or a doctor.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155881453

litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000) litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000) litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000) litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000) litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000) litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000) litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000) litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000) litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000) litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000) litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Chrom3y View Post
    My gf started losing weight last year. She weighs about 160 right now and wants to get down to around 135-140 by summer. For the past month she hasnt been losing anything. Before she was eating 1200 cals daily. Then she raised to 1600 a day thinking 1200 was too low. Been about 2 weeks and still no progress. I told her to focus more on protein and lift more but Im no expert. Idk wth is the problem. I just started cutting and Im losing weight just fine.

Help pls??
    jog an hour a day. itll work.. also sparkspeople has good easy to follow meal plans and trackers

waitegirl7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) waitegirl7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sounds like she is having problems calculating, tracking, and understanding how to align correct diet with lifestyle/exercise. I am going to ask this though... Is this something that she wants? or you? Also, what is she doing for her exercise routine? Is she really pushing some weight or going light?

sgtpeppers will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgtpeppers will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgtpeppers will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgtpeppers will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgtpeppers will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgtpeppers will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgtpeppers will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgtpeppers will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgtpeppers will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgtpeppers will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgtpeppers will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    what does she do for exercise?