Kingkoopa330 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Working out with Cerebral Palsy

First I would like to start off by saying that I go to a gym were people are there to help me and watch me. So yes it's safe for me to workout. It's a school gym so they have all your basic machines+dumbbells+bench press. My problem is it never seems like I reach failure in any set on anything well I have on bench press before lifting the bar about 20 times. I can probably bench 125 max and yes their is someone always spotting me. (I just don't want you guys worrying). When I go to do the machine chest press I don't really feel anything in my chest but I do feel it in my shoulders. The same goes for the butterfly chest exercise regular bench press db chest press etc... I think the main problem is that my arms don't go straight up and down I mean I just don't really know for sure. I'm just never getting any bigger and it pisses me off. I see guys like the unlikelytoad and others with CP getting big and it makes me question why can't I? I just wish their was an explanation for this. So if anyone can help please reply.

Can someone make me up a workout program for me?

Here's what's available at my school

These are all pin machines+dumbbells etc...

Machine chest press upper/lower handles
    Machine chest butterfly
    lat pull-down
    tricep pull-down
    tricep extension (the machine sitting down when put your hands behind your head an pull straight up)
    leg press
    treadmill
    preacher curls

I can do db chest press, shoulder press, db chest press incline etc...
    Regular bench press
    leg curls

I'm pretty sure that's it now let's see what you guys come up with even though theirs not much to work with.

Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000)
    You need to focus on contracting the muscle. Are you gaining weight? you need to eat to get big.

What exercises can you not do?

Yea I have a pretty big apatite and how would I focus on contracting the muscle how many seconds up/down? if that's what you mean?

Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Kingkoopa330 View Post
    Yea I have a pretty big apatite and how would I focus on contracting the muscle how many seconds up/down? if that's what you mean?
    Just when you are doing the lift really focus on squeezing the muscle

its all about mind muscle connection.

Originally Posted by Jericoe View Post
    You need to focus on contracting the muscle. Are you gaining weight? you need to eat to get big.

What exercises can you not do?
    I probably can't do much with the barbell besides the press.

I probably can't do much with the barbell besides the press.
    can you do any lower body exercises?

Originally Posted by Jericoe View Post
    can you do any lower body exercises?
    probably but my legs aren't that strong.

probably but my legs aren't that strong.
    BUMP! I want to see if I can get the unlikelytoad to help me out or someone who has CP but don't be afraid to reply even if you don't have CP. As I'm still looking for a workout program using the machines/dumbbells that are available at my gym.

grux12 is just really nice. (+1000) grux12 is just really nice. (+1000) grux12 is just really nice. (+1000) grux12 is just really nice. (+1000) grux12 is just really nice. (+1000) grux12 is just really nice. (+1000) grux12 is just really nice. (+1000) grux12 is just really nice. (+1000) grux12 is just really nice. (+1000) grux12 is just really nice. (+1000) grux12 is just really nice. (+1000)
    My little brother has cerebral palsy and it's been very difficult to get him to gain weight yet he has a very large appetite (the kid eats almost as much as I do). When you say you have a large appetite, do you have a clear indication of how many calories you're eating each day?

As far as muscle-contraction goes, here's a video where Kai Greene explains it:

Originally Posted by grux12 View Post
    My little brother has cerebral palsy and it's been very difficult to get him to gain weight yet he has a very large appetite (the kid eats almost as much as I do). When you say you have a large appetite, do you have a clear indication of how many calories you're eating each day?

I eat like a horse. I take medicine that has increased my appetite (It's not for that purpose but yes it does increase my appetite). I weighed 125 my junior year of HS that was 2010. I now weigh anywhere from between 170-185 haven't been weighed in awhile my home scale says 160 but that's BS some say I look like I weigh 210. It was very difficult for me to gain weight also but now I have to watch out for diabetes due to the medicine I'm on

Originally Posted by grux12 View Post

No I really don't have a clear indication of how many calories I'm eating each day.

No I really don't have a clear indication of how many calories I'm eating each day.
    That's my biggest problem however is that I don't feel a stretch when exercising. I just don't know what to do.

grux12 is just really nice. (+1000) grux12 is just really nice. (+1000) grux12 is just really nice. (+1000) grux12 is just really nice. (+1000) grux12 is just really nice. (+1000) grux12 is just really nice. (+1000) grux12 is just really nice. (+1000) grux12 is just really nice. (+1000) grux12 is just really nice. (+1000) grux12 is just really nice. (+1000) grux12 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Then start counting calories and recording them in a journal. We have about 31290784329180291830978304973.02 stickies on these forums detailing exercise plans, where to begin with nutrition, etc. If you still have questions, send a PM to Coolcicada and tell him that grux sent you; he'll know what that means.

Actually, he probably won't. Tell him I sent you his way because he offered to help spoon feed teh newbz:
    Originally Posted by coolcicada @ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=987128313#post987128313
    Thanks, or you can just tell them to PM me and I'd be more than happy to spoon-feed noobs the information.

SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000)
    email/pm some of those other lifters who seem to be making progress even with CP. chances are they will be more than happy to give you suggestions/tips
    Master total
    S: 585
    B: 370
    D: 605

EvilExists has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EvilExists has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EvilExists has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EvilExists has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EvilExists has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EvilExists has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    work the same brah