Gso3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Anyone just use free weights? Back exercise help needed.

I don't have access to gym right now so just have a barbell, dumbells & a bench.

Muscles which I'm having a bit of trouble hitting are: Back, Rear Delts, Glutes.

For back: I'm just doing pull ups, & bent over rows which is proving to be quite ineffective lol also started deadlifts (I've been squatting til now.. think these are much better).. is there a range of motion to isolate the back area?

Rear delts - I have no idea what exercise works these.

Glutes - Rarely ever get sore.

Also, I do Chest on arm day, after benching and curling I do Flyes.. is there anything else I can do with DBs?

Green to whoever can provide a good answer to one or more of these questions. Cheers brahs.

mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Look under your chair. YOU GET A REP, AND YOU GET A REP, REPS FOR EVERYONE! If I get a rep, you get a rep, every time. Give me a link to make my life a little easier.

If you don't give me a link and you didn't post in the thread you rep'd me in, I'm not gonna go searching for you. I'll get everyone on recharge.

vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Gso3 View Post
    I don't have access to gym right now so just have a barbell, dumbells & a bench.

Muscles which I'm having a bit of trouble hitting are: Back, Rear Delts, Glutes.

For back: I'm just doing pull ups, & bent over rows which is proving to be quite ineffective lol also started deadlifts (I've been squatting til now.. think these are much better).. is there a range of motion to isolate the back area?

Rear delts - I have no idea what exercise works these.

Glutes - Rarely ever get sore.

Also, I do Chest on arm day, after benching and curling I do Flyes.. is there anything else I can do with DBs?

Green to whoever can provide a good answer to one or more of these questions. Cheers brahs.
    For rear delts - rear delt row, for glutes - deadlift and hip thrusts, you can bench incline, flat, or decline. You can also do pulloveres to hit lats, pecs. Also check out Kroc Rows (heavy one-arm db rows for 20 reps). Don't forget shrugs.

Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    rear delt

= rear delt flies, rear delt barbell row

glutes
    = , low bar squats, wide stride lunges (this will 99% get you sore), glute bridges, romanian deads/ arch back goodmorning etc
    "Do not subordinate fundamental principles to minor details."

Physiotherapy instagram
    https://www.instagram.com/dayyan.physio/

You guys are awesome, reps all round.

That exrx site is going to be my life for the next few days!

Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Weighted pullups, split squats, hack squats, Jefferson squats.

martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Gso3 View Post
    You guys are awesome, reps all round.

That exrx site is going to be my life for the next few days!
    No need for that. There's probably only around 3 or 4 exercises that you'll need for the back and you've already mentioned three of the best. I know you're exaggerating but spending a few days learning new assistance movements would probably be time spent more effectively learning to deadlift, row and chin up.

Good luck. By actually paying attention to RD and the back you're better than 90% of lifters anyway.

Originally Posted by martial-man420 View Post
    No need for that. There's probably only around 3 or 4 exercises that you'll need for the back and you've already mentioned three of the best. I know you're exaggerating but spending a few days learning new assistance movements would probably be time spent more effectively learning to deadlift, row and chin up.

Good luck. By actually paying attention to RD and the back you're better than 90% of lifters anyway.
    Thanks man, good advice there.. I now realise how great an exercise the Deadlift is, just I'd always done Squats and seen no need to do both.. but been picking up the bar today finding form and can feel it nicely on the lower/mid back so will be substituting Squats for these

Haha, man I can't neglect RD as front and mid delts are getting big at this stage.. I would have trained them from day one if I had known how to.. that's why exrx is a great site - teaches you about muscles you never knew about and how to exercise them.

Maybe better than 90% of typical gym goers but BB.com seems to be full of people who do it right and know their ****.. so it's a good place to be right now. Thank you all

Repped martial-man420. Peace out.