Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Sh00kOnes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sh00kOnes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sh00kOnes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sh00kOnes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Do "Cold Approaches" Ever Even Work?

I don't know a single guy who met a girlfriend through a cold approach, they all did it through social circle/work/school

How in the hell do you impress a woman enough in 10 minutes of conversation for her to want to date you? Do you gets get like 50 numbers and maybe 1 of them is a date?

gswarrior510 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gswarrior510 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gswarrior510 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gswarrior510 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gswarrior510 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gswarrior510 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gswarrior510 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gswarrior510 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gswarrior510 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gswarrior510 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gswarrior510 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    that's all I do. Granted, it is in college, but it's about as cold as you can get in college. I just approach in favorable situations for me (not many people around, 4-5 minutes to talk)..

I dont think I've ever had a 10 minute conversation off the bat. 4-5 minutes tops. Every number I got was a date, every date was good (didnt get all the way in a lot of them, but i had fun on all of them).. some didnt give me their number, but that's rare because most of the times if a girl is cold to me I just back off, it's not that hard to see.

I'm not even all that looks wise right now, but girls tell me that they are impressed at me pretty much the first one to just approach out of nowhere on the street.

Sh00kOnes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sh00kOnes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sh00kOnes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sh00kOnes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by gswarrior510 View Post
    that's all I do. Granted, it is in college, but it's about as cold as you can get in college. I just approach in favorable situations for me (not many people around, 4-5 minutes to talk)..

I dont think I've ever had a 10 minute conversation off the bat. 4-5 minutes tops. Every number I got was a date, every date was good (didnt get all the way in a lot of them, but i had fun on all of them).. some didnt give me their number, but that's rare because most of the times if a girl is cold to me I just back off, it's not that hard to see.

I'm not even all that looks wise right now, but girls tell me that they are impressed at me pretty much the first one to just approach out of nowhere on the street.

what's your success rate with these 5 minute conversations? How many numbers for each date?

gswarrior510 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gswarrior510 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gswarrior510 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gswarrior510 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gswarrior510 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gswarrior510 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gswarrior510 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gswarrior510 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gswarrior510 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gswarrior510 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gswarrior510 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Sh00kOnes View Post
    what's your success rate with these 5 minute conversations? How many numbers for each date?
    like I said, I back off if they are cold, so success rate of actually asking them out and getting number is over 90%..I have no idea about backing off vs getting a number..probably like 50% or so..I only approach in favorable situations for me.

what do you mean "how many numbers for each date"? I told you, I never got rejected a date after I got a number (if that's what you meant). I got flaked on a couple times, but I still met up with them eventually.

RoWdY_RuFf_BoY is just really nice. (+1000) RoWdY_RuFf_BoY is just really nice. (+1000) RoWdY_RuFf_BoY is just really nice. (+1000) RoWdY_RuFf_BoY is just really nice. (+1000) RoWdY_RuFf_BoY is just really nice. (+1000) RoWdY_RuFf_BoY is just really nice. (+1000) RoWdY_RuFf_BoY is just really nice. (+1000) RoWdY_RuFf_BoY is just really nice. (+1000) RoWdY_RuFf_BoY is just really nice. (+1000) RoWdY_RuFf_BoY is just really nice. (+1000) RoWdY_RuFf_BoY is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yes cold approaches work. It can be a hit or miss. Like everything else, at the beginning you will suck, but practice will make you better.

I don't bother trying to 'impress' women. If she don't like me, she doesn't have too. The girls who like me, give me their number and say yes when I ask them out.

Most guys NEVER do cold approaches are because they are scared. Cold approaches are a HIGH RISK activity. It's confrontational, upfront. What guy wants to put himself in a position like that? Something way out of his comfort zone?! So most guys take the path that provides the LEAST RISK OF REJECTION. Which is through social circle/work/school like you mentioned.

If you cold approach, you are probably in the top 5%(And I'm being generous with 5%) of men who do it.
    Current: 15% BF

Goal: 10 - 12% bodyfat.

I rep back: <3

like I said, I back off if they are cold, so success rate of actually asking them out and getting number is over 90%..I have no idea about backing off vs getting a number..probably like 50% or so..I only approach in favorable situations for me.

what do you mean "how many numbers for each date"? I told you, I never got rejected a date after I got a number (if that's what you meant). I got flaked on a couple times, but I still met up with them eventually.

nearly every number you have ever gotten was a date? Lol wut?

Originally Posted by RoWdY_RuFf_BoY View Post

Most guys NEVER do cold approaches are because they are scared. Cold approaches are a HIGH RISK activity. It's confrontational, upfront. What guy wants to put himself in a position like that? Something way out of his comfort zone?! So most guys take the path that provides the LEAST RISK OF REJECTION. Which is through social circle/work/school like you mentioned.

There's nothing fun or enjoyable about a cold approach. You're bothering some stranger in public, putting yourself on the line to get rejected, etc...

No surprise at all that 99% of guys hate cold approaches

^ that's a horrible attitude to have. I approach girls with the mindstate of getting to know more people and bettering myself.

brb I'd rather stare at the grass at the bus stop listening to music rather than talk to a cute girl next to me..oooookay

nearly every number you have ever gotten was a date? Lol wut?
    I'm serious..I dont ask them for a number. I tell them to get lunch with me. Every time..most of them say yeah and I just give them my phone.

I change the plan a little bit and take them to this really nice park near the beach most of the times though.

Stankus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stankus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stankus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stankus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stankus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stankus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stankus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stankus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stankus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stankus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stankus has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yes. They are devastatingly effective if you know what you are doing, because most guys don't have the balls to approach a girl on the street. It really seperates yourself from other guys when you can go up to a girl and strike up a conversation with her. Let's face it- guys that can't cold approach and only get girls through social circle are major pussos.

On the other hand, you are correct that it is hard to get a girlfriend this way. Girls are very, very timid creatures and even though you may be an awesome guy and you get a kiss or a lay they will often not enter into a long term relationship with you because you aren't part of their social circle. Girls are very big into social circles, I don't know why. I guess it's a strength in numbers mindset or something. Haha. So yeah, it's easier to do social circle game or college game, because they will know people you know, which makes them more comfortable.

As far as giving you pointers for a cold approach, there are too many to list. It comes down to a few things though: Be confident and don't flinch. Don't react to her sh*t tests. Make her laugh. Show her that you are calm and collected yet dominant. Do some light kino on her.

There's nothing fun or enjoyable about a cold approach. You're bothering some stranger in public, putting yourself on the line to get rejected, etc...

Your confidence in yourself is terrible. You need to fix that first. You're making excuses not to cold approach to cover up the fact that you are a pussy.
    ♥~♥ ~♥ RH NATURALS CREW ♥~♥ ~♥

^ that's a horrible attitude to have. I approach girls with the mindstate of getting to know more people and bettering myself.

brb I'd rather stare at the grass at the bus stop listening to music rather than talk to a cute girl next to me..oooookay

the option of listening to music at bus stop by myself instead of talking to a girl next to me is 238580280238632063205275320375307x better to be honest

Approaching a strange girl in public, especially an attractive one, is like jumping into a shark tank

KnockoutXX is a name known to all. (+5000) KnockoutXX is a name known to all. (+5000) KnockoutXX is a name known to all. (+5000) KnockoutXX is a name known to all. (+5000) KnockoutXX is a name known to all. (+5000) KnockoutXX is a name known to all. (+5000) KnockoutXX is a name known to all. (+5000) KnockoutXX is a name known to all. (+5000) KnockoutXX is a name known to all. (+5000) KnockoutXX is a name known to all. (+5000) KnockoutXX is a name known to all. (+5000)
    At college too.....

I don't know. I have a high notch count but all have been earned at night.

I approach girls during the day with indirect game, sort of "getting a feel" for interest, and it's only worked once for me in college. She approached me at a party later and we phucked right away. But it wasn't even that cold of an approach because I happened to be in one of her classes, yet never acknowledged her.

One other time it succeeded in me meeting a girl who helped me greatly in a project, but for the most part I feel you're more likely to meet a taken woman during the cold approach than at parties. But that could also be because I'm at a monogamous school.

I never get "blown out," - the girls are always nice and pleasant about it, but I can usually tell disinterest and end up backing off.

Two things that are causing difference between me and gswarrior:

1) I'm introverted, so I phucking hate indirect game. I lke to be sexual, forward, and assertive with girls. Many are attracted to that, but during the day on campus is *not* the place to accelerate the girls' emotions that fast. They'll freak out if a stranger is acting that way. Unfortunately cold approaches during the day usually require more indirect game, ie talking about something interesting to pique the girl's interest about you.

2) Manlet status - but NO, not in the insecurity way, more in the way she can't consider my approach and indirect game as sexually as she would with someone tall. Approaches at night are just fine when done confidently but girls just cant take me seriously when I'm hitting on them in such an innocuous place. Average height on my campus is 6'2" though for males.

Originally Posted by KnockoutXX View Post
    At college too.....

I don't know. I have a high notch count but all have been earned at night.

I approach girls during the day with indirect game, sort of "getting a feel" for interest, and it's only worked once for me in college. She approached me at a party later and we phucked right away. But it wasn't even that cold of an approach because I happened to be in one of her classes, yet never acknowledged her.

One other time it succeeded in me meeting a girl who helped me greatly in a project, but for the most part I feel you're more likely to meet a taken woman during the cold approach than at parties. But that could also be because I'm at a monogamous school.

I never get "blown out," - the girls are always nice and pleasant about it, but I can usually tell disinterest and end up backing off.

Two things that are causing difference between me and gswarrior:

1) I'm introverted, so I phucking hate indirect game. I lke to be sexual, forward, and assertive with girls. Many are attracted to that, but during the day on campus is *not* the place to accelerate the girls' emotions that fast. They'll freak out if a stranger is acting that way. Unfortunately cold approaches during the day usually require more indirect game, ie talking about something interesting to pique the girl's interest about you.

2) Manlet status - but NO, not in the insecurity way, more in the way she can't consider my approach and indirect game as sexual as she would with someone tall.

You're 5'9, LOL at manlet. You're avg height

KnockoutXX is a name known to all. (+5000) KnockoutXX is a name known to all. (+5000) KnockoutXX is a name known to all. (+5000) KnockoutXX is a name known to all. (+5000) KnockoutXX is a name known to all. (+5000) KnockoutXX is a name known to all. (+5000) KnockoutXX is a name known to all. (+5000) KnockoutXX is a name known to all. (+5000) KnockoutXX is a name known to all. (+5000) KnockoutXX is a name known to all. (+5000) KnockoutXX is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You're 5'9, LOL at manlet. You're avg height
    Not at stanford, bro.

Approaching a strange girl in public, especially an attractive one, is like jumping into a shark tank
    LOL really dude? that sounds ridiculous. Say that to yourself outloud.

What can a 5'0-5'8" little girl possibly do to you? THe bus stop is the BEST place to talk to them because you dont have to awkwardly stop them or anything.

As I said earlier, my rejections were all pleasant - oftentimes the girl just had a boyfriend.

Dude, go out and get rejected 3 times. Trust me, you might actually enjoy it.

Originally Posted by KnockoutXX View Post
    LOL really dude? that sounds ridiculous. Say that to yourself outloud.

What can a 5'0-5'8" little girl possibly do to you? THe bus stop is the BEST place to talk to them because you dont have to awkwardly stop them or anything.

As I said earlier, my rejections were all pleasant - oftentimes the girl just had a boyfriend.

the whole dating process is just a bunch of bullsh*t

Approach some sl00t and have to impress her enough to want to go out with you. She can turn you down for any one of a trillion reasons. I just hate that whole process, the fact that you're being judged on whether you're good enough or not, it all sucks

niosh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) niosh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) niosh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) niosh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) niosh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) niosh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) niosh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) niosh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) niosh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) niosh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) niosh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Strong username to post content.

SompletelyCober has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SompletelyCober has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SompletelyCober has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SompletelyCober has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SompletelyCober has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SompletelyCober has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SompletelyCober has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SompletelyCober has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SompletelyCober has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SompletelyCober has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SompletelyCober has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

No one can ever reject you- they can only reject their image of you.
    Los Angeles Crew
    Computer Science crew
    BMW crew

Originally Posted by SompletelyCober View Post
    No one can ever reject you- they can only reject their image of you.
    Complete nonsense

You can get turned down for 10 billion reasons, half of which are your approach and half of which are not your approach. For example, I live at home right now at the age of 23 and I know there's a good number of women who would reject me just based on that lone (Even though I'm graduating college and will have a good job and likely move out in a year or so when I have enough money for a downpayment)

Women are 50 times more picky and shallow than men are, lettuce be reality. If you're not fat and you're not a bitch, you have a great chance with 99% of guys

SompletelyCober has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SompletelyCober has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SompletelyCober has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SompletelyCober has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SompletelyCober has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SompletelyCober has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SompletelyCober has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SompletelyCober has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SompletelyCober has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SompletelyCober has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SompletelyCober has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Complete nonsense

You can get turned down for 10 billion reasons, half of which are your approach and half of which are not your approach. For example, I live at home right now at the age of 23 and I know there's a good number of women who would reject me just based on that lone (Even though I'm graduating college and will have a good job and likely move out in a year or so when I have enough money for a downpayment)

Women are 50 times more picky and shallow than men are, lettuce be reality. If you're not fat and you're not a bitch, you have a great chance with 99% of guys
    I meant that it's on you if you feel bad for being "rejected."

She doesn't even know you if you just met. If she's single and doesn't want to date you- you're right; she could have declined for a billion different reasons. Maybe she slept poorly last night, maybe you look like her ex, maybe her stomach hurts.

They're women. With so many random reasons to not want you, why would you care if she doesn't? Why would you care so much if she "rejects" you?

On top of that- if you see everything so negatively, of course they're going to reject you. They'll sense your negative energy (really) and your insecurity.

It shouldn't matter if you're 30 and living at home.

Ever see a couple and wonder how that guy got that girl? This is a stupid way of thinking but I won't get into it here.

All you need to know is that women are emotional creatures. If you can spark an emotional response in her and intrigue her it wouldn't matter if you were dead broke.

Especially if you're 23 and going after 18-25 year olds.

Stop complaining how good women have it and how bad men have it. Complaining won't change anything. Go do something to change your place in life if you don't like it.
    Los Angeles Crew
    Computer Science crew
    BMW crew

Originally Posted by SompletelyCober View Post
    I meant that it's on you if you feel bad for being "rejected."

She doesn't even know you if you just met. If she's single and doesn't want to date you- you're right; she could have declined for a billion different reasons. Maybe she slept poorly last night, maybe you look like her ex, maybe her stomach hurts.

They're women. With so many random reasons to not want you, why would you care if she doesn't? Why would you care so much if she "rejects" you?

What I hate though is this nonsense peddled in the PUA community, "She's not rejecting you, she's rejecting your approach"

You could make a picture perfect approach and still easily get rejected because you're not tall enough, good looking enough or whatever other nonsense that women are looking for

It's better off to live in reality than persist in delusion

FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

having sex is enjoyable about cold approaches

most guys are ****ing pussies who are scared of putting themselves "on the line"
    The best years of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own. You do not blame them on your mother, the ecology, or the president. You realize that you control your own destiny.

FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What I hate though is this nonsense peddled in the PUA community, "She's not rejecting you, she's rejecting your approach"

You could make a picture perfect approach and still easily get rejected because you're not tall enough, good looking enough or whatever other nonsense that women are looking for

It's better off to live in reality than persist in delusion
    gotta be trolling
    The best years of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own. You do not blame them on your mother, the ecology, or the president. You realize that you control your own destiny.

Originally Posted by FeelTheFear View Post
    having sex is enjoyable about cold approaches

Of course it is, everything before that is not

Of course it is, everything before that is not
    yes it is lol. Just went sarging today, was a ton of fun. It's fun if you aim to amuse yourself. Don't try to please the girl, please yourself

gotta be trolling

It's not trolling at all. There are a big list of things that you can get turned down for that have nothing to do with your approach

I'm not saying that the approach isn't HUGE and that you have no control over any of it but there are a lot of things that you don't have control over

It's not trolling at all. There are a big list of things that you can get turned down for that have nothing to do with your approach

I'm not saying that the approach isn't HUGE and that you have no control over any of it but there are a lot of things that you don't have control over
    did 4 sets today

1/4 blew me off immediately

1 was into me but I froze up and didnt talk enough
    Another one didn't like a joke I made
    3rd was an easy number close

2/3 of my failures were because of my own doing. Both girls were giving big IOIs at the beginning, if I was better I easily could've got their numbers

During the day you have a ton of control

did 4 sets today

1/4 blew me off immediately

1 was into me but I froze up and didnt talk enough
    Another one didn't like a joke I made
    3rd was an easy number close

2/3 of my failures were because of my own doing. Both girls were giving big IOIs at the beginning, if I was better I easily could've got their numbers

During the day you have a ton of control

Good work man, I have a ton of respect for guys who can do that

For me, I would just love to have 1 girl to be my GF. I hate the dating game with a passion and couldn't care less about sexing a bunch of women

InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Cold approaches to me are the highlight of everyday, there is just so much fun to be had when you first talk to a new person that you can't replicate when you already know them.

For a lot of people cold approaches is a means to an end, it's a step to get a number/date/relationship.

For me the cold approach itself is the most enjoyable part, I often disregard numbers/sure things I have received in favour of cold approaching more women.

Approach some sl00t and have to impress her enough to want to go out with you. She can turn you down for any one of a trillion reasons. I just hate that whole process, the fact that you're being judged on whether you're good enough or not, it all sucks
    You don't try to impress them, you just have fun.

If I have the choice between 2 things to say, 1 something that will impress her/improve my chances/result in success, 2 being something that will be fun/funny/exciting to me... I go for number 2 100% of time because that's what makes life enjoyable.

This, rejection is one of the best parts of pickup, over time I started to love it, even more so than success.

One of my favourite moments still is when you get a kiss rejection, that moment when they pull away as you go in... and they make that disgusted face, absolutely cracks me up and provides a fun obstacle to work around but the tension is just electric.

Originally Posted by InfinityThor View Post

If I have the choice between 2 things to say, 1 something that will impress her/improve my chances/result in success, 2 being something that will be fun/funny/exciting to me... I go for number 2 100% of time because that's what makes life enjoyable.
    SO MUCH THIS. reps reps reps reps reps reps

Originally Posted by InfinityThor View Post
    Cold approaches to me are the highlight of everyday, there is just so much fun to be had when you first talk to a new person that you can't replicate when you already know them.

For a lot of people cold approaches is a means to an end, it's a step to get a number/date/relationship.

For me the cold approach itself is the most enjoyable part, I often disregard numbers/sure things I have received in favour of cold approaching more women.

This, rejection is one of the best parts of pickup, over time I started to love it, even more so than success.

One of my favourite moments still is when you get a kiss rejection, that moment when they pull away as you go in... and make that disgusted face, absolutely cracks me up and provides a fun obstacle to work around but the tension is just electric.

I have zero interest in any of this, I just want a decent looking girl to be my gf