adamcostin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help With Workout Routine

Hey guys, was wondering if you could tell me what I'm doing wrong/right with my workout.
    I've been working out for about 4 months now. The reason I chose a 4-day-split is because
    it fits into my schedule (uni), where as a 3-day-split won't work.

19y/o
    5'10"
    156lbs
    12.5%BF
    Goal: Strength/size, 9%BF

Monday:
    4x8 Bench
    4x8 DB Shoulder Press
    3xF Chin-ups
    3x10 Hyperextensions
    3x10 Dips

Tuesday:
    4x8 Squat
    4x8 Stiff-Leg Deadlift
    3x10 Leg Curl
    3x10 Standing Calf Raise

Wednesday: Boxing

Thursday:
    4x8 Overhead Press
    4x8 Incline Bench Press
    3x10 E-Z Bar Upright Row
    3xF Pull-up
    3x10 Hyperextensions
    3x10 Dips

Friday:
    4x8 Deadlift
    4x8 Leg Press
    3x10 Leg Curl
    3x10 Standing Calf Raise

Saturday: Hiking/Kayaking/Rock-climbing

Sunday: Rest

Appreciate any help.

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What has your bodyweight done in these 4 months?
    What has your strength done in these 4 months?

Just giving us your split and routine and then telling us to find what is right or wrong is gonna be kinda hard to do without knowing they above questions.
    OG

PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by adamcostin View Post
    Hey guys, was wondering if you could tell me what I'm doing wrong/right with my workout.
    I've been working out for about 4 months now. The reason I chose a 4-day-split is because
    it fits into my schedule (uni), where as a 3-day-split won't work.

19y/o
    5'10"
    156lbs
    12.5%BF
    Goal: Strength/size, 9%BF

Monday:
    4x8 Bench
    4x8 DB Shoulder Press
    3xF Chin-ups
    3x10 Hyperextensions
    3x10 Dips

Tuesday:
    4x8 Squat
    4x8 Stiff-Leg Deadlift
    3x10 Leg Curl
    3x10 Standing Calf Raise

Wednesday: Boxing

Thursday:
    4x8 Overhead Press
    4x8 Incline Bench Press
    3x10 E-Z Bar Upright Row
    3xF Pull-up
    3x10 Hyperextensions
    3x10 Dips

Friday:
    4x8 Deadlift
    4x8 Leg Press
    3x10 Leg Curl
    3x10 Standing Calf Raise

Saturday: Hiking/Kayaking/Rock-climbing

Sunday: Rest

Appreciate any help.
    What kind of help are you looking for? Is this routine working for you or have you not even started it yet? Looks like a pretty decent upper/lower 4-day split. The key is how you manage your intensity. Also, I noticed you said your goal is strength/size and 9% bf. I hope you don't plan on achieving both of those at the same time. You will not be able to put on size while trimming your bf% down. I'd strongly recommend focusing on strength and size gains at your body stats, you can easily drop the fat at a later time. It takes a lot longer to build muscle mass than it does to drop body fat.
    Online Training Services available. PM me for details.

Originally Posted by Jasonk282 View Post
    What has your bodyweight done in these 4 months?
    What has your strength done in these 4 months?

Just giving us your split and routine and then telling us to find what is right or wrong is gonna be kinda hard to do without knowing they above questions.
    Weight: 176lbs to 156lbs.
    Bodyfat%: 20% to 12.5%

Bench Press: 40kg to 50kg
    Squat: 45kg to 65kg
    Deadlift: 60kg to 85kg

Basically I'm just making sure my routine is set out well, hits the right muscles,
    etc.

Originally Posted by PuffinMyLye View Post
    What kind of help are you looking for? Is this routine working for you or have you not even started it yet? Looks like a pretty decent upper/lower 4-day split. The key is how you manage your intensity. Also, I noticed you said your goal is strength/size and 9% bf. I hope you don't plan on achieving both of those at the same time. You will not be able to put on size while trimming your bf% down. I'd strongly recommend focusing on strength and size gains at your body stats, you can easily drop the fat at a later time. It takes a lot longer to build muscle mass than it does to drop body fat.
    Basically I'm just making sure my routine is set out well, hits the right muscles, and will help me increase my strength/size. I haven't started yet, I decided to check with you guys first to make sure I'm not doing something terribly wrong. Nah I don't plan on increasing strength/size while cutting down bf%, probably should have made it clear that those are my long-term goals. My goals for this routine are just strength and size.

PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Weight: 176lbs to 156lbs.
    Bodyfat%: 20% to 12.5%

Bench Press: 40kg to 50kg
    Squat: 45kg to 65kg
    Deadlift: 60kg to 85kg

Basically I'm just making sure my routine is set out well, hits the right muscles,
    etc.
    Basically I'm just making sure my routine is set out well, hits the right muscles, and will help me increase my strength/size. I haven't started yet, I decided to check with you guys first to make sure I'm not doing something terribly wrong. Nah I don't plan on increasing strength/size while cutting down bf%, probably should have made it clear that those are my long-term goals. My goals for this routine are just strength and size.
    Given that you are a beginner, I would advise that you stick to more of a full body program with less volume. You would see much better results, especially in the long term. However, knowing that most people will just ignore that statement and do a routine that they find "fun" I would say the program you listed is fairly well setup provided you are not training to failure.
    Online Training Services available. PM me for details.