alejandrososa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alejandrososa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alejandrososa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alejandrososa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alejandrososa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alejandrososa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alejandrososa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alejandrososa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alejandrososa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alejandrososa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alejandrososa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Cool Im skinny, what should i buy, a barbell or dumbells?

Im skinny, 6'2 and 175 pounds, and im 18, i have alot of money to spend lately and im thinking about buying a barbell or dumbells, which can help me get ripped all over my upper body..and how much weight should i use for my size?

sulnig34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Gym membership

alejandrososa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alejandrososa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alejandrososa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alejandrososa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alejandrososa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alejandrososa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alejandrososa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alejandrososa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alejandrososa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alejandrososa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alejandrososa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by sulnig34 View Post
    Gym membership
    I had one of them and it didnt work out, i'd rather have my own equipment.

JBWork is just really nice. (+1000) JBWork is just really nice. (+1000) JBWork is just really nice. (+1000) JBWork is just really nice. (+1000) JBWork is just really nice. (+1000) JBWork is just really nice. (+1000) JBWork is just really nice. (+1000) JBWork is just really nice. (+1000) JBWork is just really nice. (+1000) JBWork is just really nice. (+1000) JBWork is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by alejandrososa View Post
    Gym Membership x2.

zakc will become famous soon enough. (+50) zakc will become famous soon enough. (+50) zakc will become famous soon enough. (+50) zakc will become famous soon enough. (+50) zakc will become famous soon enough. (+50) zakc will become famous soon enough. (+50) zakc will become famous soon enough. (+50) zakc will become famous soon enough. (+50) zakc will become famous soon enough. (+50) zakc will become famous soon enough. (+50) zakc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    IMO dumbbells would be better. Use whatever weight you want as long as it works your muscle and you keep increasing it.

ptwa9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ptwa9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ptwa9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ptwa9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ptwa9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ptwa9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ptwa9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ptwa9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ptwa9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ptwa9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ptwa9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

BURGUENO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BURGUENO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BURGUENO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BURGUENO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BURGUENO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BURGUENO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BURGUENO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BURGUENO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BURGUENO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BURGUENO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BURGUENO will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    IMO, much better of with the barbell, all your compounds.

Registered User KrazyEyezKillah's Avatar
    KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I had one of them and it didnt work out
    Care to elaborate?

Originally Posted by KrazyEyezKillah View Post
    Care to elaborate?
    not much equipment to use everyone was always taking it up, so what do you think? barbell or dumbells? and what weight?

KennySch will become famous soon enough. (+50) KennySch will become famous soon enough. (+50) KennySch will become famous soon enough. (+50) KennySch will become famous soon enough. (+50) KennySch will become famous soon enough. (+50) KennySch will become famous soon enough. (+50) KennySch will become famous soon enough. (+50) KennySch will become famous soon enough. (+50) KennySch will become famous soon enough. (+50) KennySch will become famous soon enough. (+50) KennySch will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    not much equipment to use everyone was always taking it up, so what do you think? barbell or dumbells? and what weight?
    try a different gym or go at a different time

Bodybuilding Success Coolcicada's Avatar
    Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would get dumbbells, so much more you can do with them.

If you can afford it, get dumbbells and a bar with separate weights.

Nathan17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nathan17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nathan17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nathan17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nathan17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nathan17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nathan17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nathan17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nathan17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nathan17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nathan17 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    bahahaha bro maybe you should not go at the busiest time of the day and your not going to get big with a barbell

Originally Posted by Nathan17 View Post
    bahahaha bro maybe you should not go at the busiest time of the day and your not going to get big with a barbell
    Well what kind of equipment do you suggest that i buy?

comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Well what kind of equipment do you suggest that i buy?
    Power rack.
    Bench.
    Olympic bar.
    400 lbs of weight.
    Possibly, a dip/pullup station.

Total of over $1000, closer to $2000 than $1000.

Or buy shet used and possibly get all that under one grand.

ptwa9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ptwa9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ptwa9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ptwa9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ptwa9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ptwa9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ptwa9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ptwa9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ptwa9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ptwa9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ptwa9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by comps View Post
    Power rack.
    Bench.
    Olympic bar.
    400 lbs of weight.

Dude you just need to know where to look. They used to sell the PowerTec power rack on this site for $349 (free shipping) on sale like once every year. Good rack too:
    http://bodybuilding.wikkii.com/wiki/Power_Racks
    http://powertecfitness.com/p-31-work...k-wb-pr11.aspx

That power rack accpets dipping handles attachments too.

And Dick's sporting goods sells 300lb olympic weight sets (starter olympic bar included - probably won't bend till 600lbs) for $200:
    http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...uctId=10793623

So for $600 you can find new equipment that's decent.

Qwestions has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Qwestions has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Qwestions has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Qwestions has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Qwestions has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Qwestions has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Qwestions has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Qwestions has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Qwestions has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Qwestions has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Qwestions has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by ptwa9 View Post

And Dick's sporting goods sells 300lb olympic weight sets (starter olympic bar included - probably won't bend till 600lbs) for $200:
    http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...uctId=10793623
    **** thats so cheap, i just bought 225 worth for about $250 without a bar :/

TimeTakesUsAll is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimeTakesUsAll is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimeTakesUsAll is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimeTakesUsAll is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimeTakesUsAll is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimeTakesUsAll is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimeTakesUsAll is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimeTakesUsAll is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimeTakesUsAll is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimeTakesUsAll is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimeTakesUsAll is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Get a barbell, the exercises you can do with a barbell will work out multiple muscle groups and barbell exercises put on serious muscle. Barbell and a Bench is vital.

dmowski333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmowski333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmowski333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmowski333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmowski333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmowski333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmowski333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmowski333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmowski333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmowski333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmowski333 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'd say dumbbels, if you don't want to spent a lot of money.

You can also buy expander.

vanbroeK will become famous soon enough. (+50) vanbroeK will become famous soon enough. (+50) vanbroeK will become famous soon enough. (+50) vanbroeK will become famous soon enough. (+50) vanbroeK will become famous soon enough. (+50) vanbroeK will become famous soon enough. (+50) vanbroeK will become famous soon enough. (+50) vanbroeK will become famous soon enough. (+50) vanbroeK will become famous soon enough. (+50) vanbroeK will become famous soon enough. (+50) vanbroeK will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    your not going to get big with a barbell
    You're right, I don't know why anyone would use a barbell.

Registered User EverydaiBuildin's Avatar
    EverydaiBuildin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EverydaiBuildin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EverydaiBuildin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EverydaiBuildin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EverydaiBuildin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EverydaiBuildin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EverydaiBuildin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EverydaiBuildin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EverydaiBuildin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Honestly buy gym membership... it'd be better for you because you'll have all the machines, dumbells and barbels.

Although my friend has a home gym (which I go to as my gym) he spent roughly $4000 on the gym equipment he bought. We got about 4 barbells, 10 dumbells, 2 benches, A squat Rack, Seated Toe raise machine and about 600kg (Rough guess could be more or less).

Equation is:

$300 for Gym membership (A year)
    OR
    $4000 on gym equipment

Do the maths.
    "Once you want it as bad as you want to breath then you'll be successful"

DomMotivation has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DomMotivation has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DomMotivation has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DomMotivation has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DomMotivation has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DomMotivation has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DomMotivation has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DomMotivation has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DomMotivation has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DomMotivation has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DomMotivation has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    FOOD and a gym membership.
    Don't b a mess and spend lots of unnecessary money which you didn't make.
    but if you're rlly against it then get dumbells. also lulz nice logic, ripped upper body n chicken legS?

Roman_God is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roman_God is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roman_God is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roman_God is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roman_God is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roman_God is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roman_God is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roman_God is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roman_God is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roman_God is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roman_God is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    A bench press will take you a long way

Roman_God is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roman_God is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roman_God is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roman_God is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roman_God is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roman_God is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roman_God is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roman_God is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roman_God is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roman_God is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roman_God is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by vanbroeK View Post
    You're right, I don't know why anyone would use a barbell.
    I practically never use DB's... I'm not so small.

I definitely prefer Barbell Presses for mass. You can also clean the bar up and front squat if you think its absolutely necessary to work your legs.

TimHarrison is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimHarrison is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimHarrison is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimHarrison is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimHarrison is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimHarrison is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimHarrison is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimHarrison is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimHarrison is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimHarrison is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimHarrison is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you wanted to buy all the equipment available in a decent gym you would need to spend like 5000, waste of money.
    Gonna get 99 Strength, Attack, Defence, Hitpoints and Agility IRL brah.

Registered User SpencerGull_old's Avatar
    SpencerGull_old has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpencerGull_old has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpencerGull_old has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpencerGull_old has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpencerGull_old has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpencerGull_old has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpencerGull_old has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpencerGull_old has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpencerGull_old has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I didnt like going to the gym because I was very insecure about how skinny I used to be. so I bought a combo bench, a barbell, and spin lock dumbbells. I have used this system for almost 4 years now. sure its a litte awkward for me to do squats with the rack on the bench, but I still get the job done. Id buy dumbbells and a barbell in the 1 inch standard plate so the plates are interchangeable through your spin lock and barbell. It will cost you some $ at the end of the day....

1JabReynolds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Dumbell, It is the best piece of equipment of you know how to use it correctly..

MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Power rack.
    Bench.
    Olympic bar.
    400 lbs of weight.

this. also there are dumbbells where you can put olympic weights on (like a barbell). buy two of those if you need dumbbells
    sig line can't be a novel crew. and I'll be banned if I make it a novel again

JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Barbell i would say. Bench, Deadlift, Powercleans, Front squats, Curls, Skull Crushers, Overhead Press, Clean Jerk.

Dumbells are good but your limited to the preset weights
    *Mechanical Engineering Crew*
    *6'3" Master Race Crew*
    *6 Figs Crew*

"Because the thing about repairing, maintaining, and cleaning is it’s not an adventure. There’s no way to do it so wrong you might die. It’s just work. And the bottom line is, some people are okay going to work, and some people … well, some people would rather die. Each of us gets to choose.”

fkholmes is on a distinguished road. (+10) fkholmes is on a distinguished road. (+10) fkholmes is on a distinguished road. (+10) fkholmes is on a distinguished road. (+10) fkholmes is on a distinguished road. (+10) fkholmes is on a distinguished road. (+10) fkholmes is on a distinguished road. (+10) fkholmes is on a distinguished road. (+10) fkholmes is on a distinguished road. (+10) fkholmes is on a distinguished road. (+10) fkholmes is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Power rack.
    Bench.
    Olympic bar.
    400 lbs of weight.

I'd personally recommend getting some adjustable dumbells instead of the dip/pullup station (power racks normally have a pull up station), but yeah, this is what you want if you're building your own home gym.

KewlBeans is on a distinguished road. (+10) KewlBeans is on a distinguished road. (+10) KewlBeans is on a distinguished road. (+10) KewlBeans is on a distinguished road. (+10) KewlBeans is on a distinguished road. (+10) KewlBeans is on a distinguished road. (+10) KewlBeans is on a distinguished road. (+10) KewlBeans is on a distinguished road. (+10) KewlBeans is on a distinguished road. (+10) KewlBeans is on a distinguished road. (+10) KewlBeans is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by KennySch View Post
    try a different gym or go at a different time
    ^^^ this. Just visit other gyms. Many gyms around me offer free 1 day or 1 week trials. Just see what ones arnt too crowded and have what you need. I find that i push myself harder when im in a gym anyways.