SweetCitrus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SweetCitrus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SweetCitrus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SweetCitrus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SweetCitrus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SweetCitrus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SweetCitrus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SweetCitrus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SweetCitrus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SweetCitrus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SweetCitrus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Angry That Recalcitrant Maternity Pouch!!!

Hello everyone, I'm new to the boards... I made a search about the topic and it gave me zero results, so please excuse me if this has been asked before.

So, I've been working out for about four years now, and I'm happy with my body... I'm not really trying to become a bodybuilder, but it seems that my training has taken me in that direction a little bit.

I do weight training mostly 3 times a week... Deadlifts and squats 3x15 135lbs, leg presses 3x15 350lbs, bench presses 3x15 65lbs, and various other exercises depending on how I feel on the day. I can actually lift more with single lifts, but I rarely do that because I'm afraid that I may hurt myself. Once a week, I do planks, leg raises and other core exercises. I also do yoga in between weight training sessions, but not all the time. I'm not good with cardio, and I may engage in a couple of sessions of about 20 minutes in a week.

When it comes to diet, I'm afraid I could eat a lot cleaner, but having a family puts a toll on this, and I feed everyone the exact same thing I cook for myself. I do cut carbs as much as possible, but I do feel that I get too cranky if I don't have some, so I try to balance this.

I'm 50 and a single mother, so I can't really take any chances when it comes to my safety. However, all in all, I feel great, and I have been losing inches, slowly but surely without losing any weight (currently at 139lbs). I'm 5'2" in height, so I would say that I'm rather built for my size.

Now, all that was background, here's the real question...

I delivered my children through C-sections, and besides the scar, I built a pouch of fat over it that really makes me feel horrible about myself. Working out has helped a lot, but I still have the pouch and I wonder what is that I should eat given my workouts to help improve my figure.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by SweetCitrus View Post
    Hello everyone, I'm new to the boards... I made a search about the topic and it gave me zero results, so please excuse me if this has been asked before.

So, I've been working out for about four years now, and I'm happy with my body... I'm not really trying to become a bodybuilder, but it seems that my training has taken me in that direction a little bit.

I do weight training mostly 3 times a week... Deadlifts and squats 3x15 135lbs, leg presses 3x15 350lbs, bench presses 3x15 65lbs, and various other exercises depending on how I feel on the day. I can actually lift more with single lifts, but I rarely do that because I'm afraid that I may hurt myself. Once a week, I do planks, leg raises and other core exercises. I also do yoga in between weight training sessions, but not all the time. I'm not good with cardio, and I may engage in a couple of sessions of about 20 minutes in a week.

When it comes to diet, I'm afraid I could eat a lot cleaner, but having a family puts a toll on this, and I feed everyone the exact same thing I cook for myself. I do cut carbs as much as possible, but I do feel that I get too cranky if I don't have some, so I try to balance this.

I'm 50 and a single mother, so I can't really take any chances when it comes to my safety. However, all in all, I feel great, and I have been losing inches, slowly but surely without losing any weight (currently at 139lbs). I'm 5'2" in height, so I would say that I'm rather built for my size.

Now, all that was background, here's the real question...

I delivered my children through C-sections, and besides the scar, I built a pouch of fat over it that really makes me feel horrible about myself. Working out has helped a lot, but I still have the pouch and I wonder what is that I should eat given my workouts to help improve my figure.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Losing the extra body fat is all about getting in the right deficit with your calories. The food choices don't make a difference.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

SweetCitrus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SweetCitrus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SweetCitrus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SweetCitrus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SweetCitrus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SweetCitrus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SweetCitrus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SweetCitrus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SweetCitrus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SweetCitrus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SweetCitrus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    So, you're saying that I have to reduce my caloric intake to get rid of my maternity pouch... Just trying to understand.

kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz
    So, you're saying that I have to reduce my caloric intake to get rid of my maternity pouch... Just trying to understand.
    Yes, losing body fat always goes back to diet. If that's the area you tend to store more body fat, it's the last place you'll lose it. Continue your focus with heavy lifting and keep your calories in check.

Start here to figure out calories needed based on your individual stats/goals:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703921
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Thank you for the information...

However, it's not that I tend to store more fat in that area, I was just left like that after the surgeries. I obviously had gained weight during the pregnancy and after the surgery I was incapacitated for about 8 weeks. I think this is a common problem with women who've had C-sections.

I will reduce my caloric intake and see how it goes. Thank you.

Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thank you for the information...

However, it's not that I tend to store more fat in that area, I was just left like that after the surgeries. I obviously had gained weight during the pregnancy and after the surgery I was incapacitated for about 8 weeks. I think this is a common problem with women who've had C-sections.

I will reduce my caloric intake and see how it goes. Thank you.

If its not fat and its loose skin, that's a different thing and common to anyone who has been pregnant, Csection or not. Unfortunately, there is little you can do about loose skin other than weight train to build your obliques, back, and abs to fill the area out with lean mass. And time. Not sure how old your youngest is, but genetics and age have alot to do with skin elasticity. After my first two (both born between years of 32-36), my stomach bounced back eventually. Not so with my last one, who I had at 40. I don't have a "pooch" necessarily, but if you actually pull on the skin there, it stretches waaayy out, lol.

I am not sure what the comment I am 50 and a single mom so concerned with safety? None of us are here to hurt ourselves.
    "A champion is someone who gets up even when he can't" ---Jack Dempsey

I eat for living, not just lifting.

LoraJR72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LoraJR72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LoraJR72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LoraJR72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LoraJR72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LoraJR72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LoraJR72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LoraJR72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LoraJR72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LoraJR72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LoraJR72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My baby was born via c-section 4 months ago, so I know all about the "pooch". In fact, I have little to zero feeling in that area. Kind of frustrating since I want results now. However, lifting and watching my calorie intake is slowly dwindling it down. I have to be patient and keep working at it.

Good Luck to you!
    Believe you can and you're halfway there. - Theodore Roosevelt

marisa_grace is on a distinguished road. (+10) marisa_grace is on a distinguished road. (+10) marisa_grace is on a distinguished road. (+10) marisa_grace is on a distinguished road. (+10) marisa_grace is on a distinguished road. (+10) marisa_grace is on a distinguished road. (+10) marisa_grace is on a distinguished road. (+10) marisa_grace is on a distinguished road. (+10) marisa_grace is on a distinguished road. (+10) marisa_grace is on a distinguished road. (+10) marisa_grace is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi Sweet Citrus, I am the same height as you a bit lower in weight which does not really matter. Anyway I am 44 and have had babies myself. If you have a ponch that is just sticking oujt then yes it is all diet. However if you have hanging skin from the babies, then no matter how clean you eat or how hard you train it wont make a difference. The only thing to get rid of loose or hanging skin would be a tummy tuck.

Time to start building... norinicole's Avatar
    norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I had a c-section and competed 3 years later.

Just sayin'.
    Mrs. Hessunit as of May 11, 2013

Originally Posted by Rowyn View Post
    If its not fat and its loose skin, that's a different thing and common to anyone who has been pregnant, Csection or not.

I am not sure what the comment I am 50 and a single mom so concerned with safety? None of us are here to hurt ourselves.
    It is fat... Fortunately, it seems I've been blessed with excellent skin elasticity. Didn't get stretch marks... Just the fat...

And of course not, I wasn't implying you'd want me to do anything unsafe. I just meant that I think I can lift more weight, but I don't do it for safety reasons. However, I have a personal trainer, and I'd push it when he's around.

Originally Posted by LoraJR72 View Post
    My baby was born via c-section 4 months ago, so I know all about the "pooch". In fact, I have little to zero feeling in that area. Kind of frustrating since I want results now. However, lifting and watching my calorie intake is slowly dwindling it down. I have to be patient and keep working at it.

Good Luck to you!
    Thank you! I recall having sensibility issues, but time had a way to resolve that. I can feel my muscles underneath my pooch even though I can't see a trace of them. So, calories intake it is...

Originally Posted by marisa_grace View Post
    Hi Sweet Citrus, I am the same height as you a bit lower in weight which does not really matter. Anyway I am 44 and have had babies myself. If you have a ponch that is just sticking oujt then yes it is all diet. However if you have hanging skin from the babies, then no matter how clean you eat or how hard you train it wont make a difference. The only thing to get rid of loose or hanging skin would be a tummy tuck.
    It's all fat... As I mentioned before, it may seem that I hit the jackpot with my skin. It's very elastic, so I barely have wrinkles, and my pouch has been getting smaller this past year, but I suppose I still have to tighten my diet.

Originally Posted by norinicole View Post
    I had a c-section and competed 3 years later.

Just sayin'.
    You go girl!

I get your point, but I don't think I have what's needed to get that lean.

aragonmod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aragonmod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aragonmod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aragonmod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aragonmod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aragonmod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aragonmod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aragonmod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aragonmod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aragonmod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aragonmod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

I'm 40, 5'4", about 128-130lbs. I had my son the "natural way" 14yrs ago. I have a pouch I can not get rid of. Its not big, but its big enough to bother me.

My ABS are the weakest part of my body. This year I am making a point to get rid of it once and for all. How am I gonna do that you ask?! IM NOT SURE.......but I think I'm gonna use the insanity AB work out + cleaner meal plans (hate to use the word "diet")

But if you have better ideas or plan please share. =)

Good luck to all of you .....us

V
    MS V

9 lbs better be worth it mommymakeover's Avatar
    mommymakeover will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommymakeover will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommymakeover will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommymakeover will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommymakeover will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommymakeover will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommymakeover will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommymakeover will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommymakeover will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommymakeover will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommymakeover will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have it too, from a c-section. Its fat and saggy skin AAAND thats one of the places I hold most of my fat, right there nice and neat in that little pocket. I just have to work on getting my bodyfat down and minimize that area as much as possible. The saggy skin will probably hang around.
    I swear, this 9 pounds better have been worth it.

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Mine went away after my first LO after getting my weight down to 112 lbs. Unfortunately that is the first place I gain weight when I get pregnant and the last place I lose it. And I aim for the sole goal of losing the fat BEFORE gaining muscle since I know I will be stuck with that tummy fat otherwise (and it is easier for me to lose fat than gain muscle due to the breastfeeding).

Be sure to check that you don't have diastasis recti - http://www.befitmom.com/abdominal_separation.html
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

www.********.com/hotnfitcom

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've had two c-sections; the 2nd at 40.

Yep, there's some loose skin there, but the incision is so low the only person who will ever see it besides me is my bedroom partner. Unless I decide to become a centerfold or make porn.
    Sheriff John Brown always hated me
    For what I don't know
    Every time I plant a seed
    He said kill them before they grow

gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've had 2 children, 1 via c-section. My lower abs have always been saggier than my upper. With weight loss I saw noticeable improvements above my belly button quite quickly, but not so much below. It's only recently that I'm finally starting to see noticeable changes in that area as well. Now my skin below my belly button is much loser and wrinkly. While that doesn't sound attractive (and it's not), I take that as a sign that I'm losing the fat underneath. The area is getting flatter. I'm hoping that the skin will eventually tighten up, but if it doesn't, no big deal. As long as the fat pooch is gone. Like discdoggie mentioned, there aren't too many people that are going to be seeing that much of me .