Oko93 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oko93 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oko93 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oko93 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oko93 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oko93 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oko93 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oko93 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oko93 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oko93 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oko93 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Help me Help my Diabetic 60 year old dad.

Hello, first I would like to say in my first post, that I love this forum, I browsed through many articles and am not going to be a more active member.

So my dad is 60 years old and is an overweight type 2 diabetic with increasing health problems. He is 214 lbs and 5'10". He cannot do normal cutting because of his diabetes. If someone can be helpful and post a diet plan he could possibly follow. I am getting very worried for his well-being. About two years ago I saw him go into diabetic shock for the first and luckily only time. It scared me so much, that it was the main reason for me going from 235 to 188, and then start body building.

Madbrad70 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Madbrad70 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Madbrad70 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Madbrad70 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Madbrad70 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Madbrad70 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Madbrad70 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Madbrad70 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Madbrad70 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Madbrad70 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Madbrad70 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    First thing we need to know is your dad motivated to get into better shape? You want this for him till you turn blue but it won’t do any good if he is not willing to put in the time. If he has not really done much for exercise before start small and work up from there. I don’t really know what type of shape he is in but maybe starting off by just going on a walk 3 times a week and then add more as that gets easier. Being diabetic has nothing to do with it, Im a Type 1 diabetic and lift hard and follow a lot of the nutrition advice that other member here follow. Only difference is going to be that he needs to watch his blood sugars. If there getting to low then adjust his diet, add carbs.

Oko93 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oko93 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oko93 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oko93 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oko93 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oko93 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oko93 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oko93 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oko93 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oko93 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oko93 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    He broke his elbow about 2 weeks ago so its just diet from here until then. He takes my dog on 1km walks pretty much every day until that. He is pretty tired all the time due to the pain meds (T3) , but he is pretty much off them now, he is pretty motivated but gets killed by bad snacks at bad times of the day. He refs soccer in the summer and actually has amazing legs. Above the waste he has a pretty big gut and 'moobs'.

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Oko93 View Post
    Hello, first I would like to say in my first post, that I love this forum, I browsed through many articles and am not going to be a more active member.

So my dad is 60 years old and is an overweight type 2 diabetic with increasing health problems. He is 214 lbs and 5'10". He cannot do normal cutting because of his diabetes. If someone can be helpful and post a diet plan he could possibly follow. I am getting very worried for his well-being. About two years ago I saw him go into diabetic shock for the first and luckily only time. It scared me so much, that it was the main reason for me going from 235 to 188, and then start body building.
    Type diabetics tend to do better on a "cut" type diet. Of course if there is medication involved, extra care must be taken. Being a type 2 as I am, I am now unmedicated due to my diet, which tends to be very very low carb and higher protein. if he decides to get serious, have him consult a registered dietician. Trust me, he can lose weight as a diabetic. I lost 90lbs, so I am sure it can be done. I was 270lbs at 5' 8".

crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    snack will be his downfall its ounds like to me. i am the same way.

The reason i ate snacks as a meal was because i didnt have any meals at the ready to eat that i liked. I am hungry now, not in 2 hours after i make a meal.

To solve this i pre prepare my meals so there is always more then enough of them every day to eat. This way i have a choice.

also eating before he is hungry will help. if i wait 3 hours between meals i am screwed. 2 1/2 hours and i am good. again, this requires planning. dont get caught out with no food.

you can look at any diabetic cookbook and get some idea of what he should eat so that easy. next, bust out the grill or the foreman and get at it. takes about an hour per week to prepare and package everything. not much when you think about it.
    "To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other."-- Carlos Castaneda