MrGreen740 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What bodyparts on what days

I have about 2 months in now and i'm looking for help with a routine. I'm on a 3 day per week schedule. Monday is chest/biceps. Wednesday is legs, and Friday is back to chest. Right now I do incline, flat, and decline bench with barbell and dumbbells. Finishing the chest with cable crossovers. Bi's are done with machine curls as well as dumbbells. Leg day is stiff legged deadlifts, hack squats, leg presses, with leg extensions and leg curls. The end comes with seated calf raises. Basically I have no idea whatsoever about what I should be doing. I just jumped in thinking that doing these exercises are better than nothing. I've spent time looking on here and reading workouts, and to be honest i'm confused. What I would like is a guide of what body parts to exercise together on a 3 day schedule. I would like to target the total upper body in my routine meaning the inclusion of shoulders and back. Any help is sincerely appreciated.

Tony

Texastechnick is on a distinguished road. (+10) Texastechnick is on a distinguished road. (+10) Texastechnick is on a distinguished road. (+10) Texastechnick is on a distinguished road. (+10) Texastechnick is on a distinguished road. (+10) Texastechnick is on a distinguished road. (+10) Texastechnick is on a distinguished road. (+10) Texastechnick is on a distinguished road. (+10) Texastechnick is on a distinguished road. (+10) Texastechnick is on a distinguished road. (+10) Texastechnick is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    When I first began training seriously, I had the help of a few INBF pros to guide my workouts. I was hitting between 5-6 days a week and was seeing great results. With only three days you can still hit the same splits I was doing (2 body parts a day), obviously you will be hitting each body part once a week though.

Option 1:

Training day 1: chest and back

Training day 2: arms (bi/Tri)

Training day 3: legs and shoulders

Option 2

Training day 1: chest/ Tri

Training day 2: back and bi

Some complain that doing back and chest on the same day is a bad idea because it is cramming two very large muscle groups into one workout. I mix it up. For 4-6 weeks ill do option 1, then switch to option 2 for 4-6 weeks.

Your exercises seem good. I have a rule of thumb that I prefer to use machines as little as possible. This allows for you to hit the minor muscle groups that may not be worked as much on machines.

On bicepts I usually do dumbell curls, dumbell hammers, barbell or dumbell preacher curls, and double front (on cables)

Hope this helps.

MrGreen740 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the heads up!!!!!
    Originally Posted by Texastechnick View Post
    When I first began training seriously, I had the help of a few INBF pros to guide my workouts. I was hitting between 5-6 days a week and was seeing great results. With only three days you can still hit the same splits I was doing (2 body parts a day), obviously you will be hitting each body part once a week though.

Option 1:

Training day 1: chest and back

Training day 2: arms (bi/Tri)

Option 2

Training day 1: chest/ Tri

Training day 2: back and bi

Some complain that doing back and chest on the same day is a bad idea because it is cramming two very large muscle groups into one workout. I mix it up. For 4-6 weeks ill do option 1, then switch to option 2 for 4-6 weeks.

Your exercises seem good. I have a rule of thumb that I prefer to use machines as little as possible. This allows for you to hit the minor muscle groups that may not be worked as much on machines.

On bicepts I usually do dumbell curls, dumbell hammers, barbell or dumbell preacher curls, and double front (on cables)

Hope this helps.