PinkWeights has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PinkWeights has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PinkWeights has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PinkWeights has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PinkWeights has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PinkWeights has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PinkWeights has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Need Leg Exercises

...for thighs.
    Yeah, not so fast there. Can't do squats. Call it bad genetics combined with age but my squatting days (what there was of it) are long over. It's gone beyond uncomfortable and straight into grinding pain nowdays. And when I, "push past the pain," and force myself to do squats I end up with a few days so bad that I can't even get up off the toilet without help. That arthritis the surgeon promised me after knee surgery is coming to get me. Things grind in there. Loudly.
    Lunges are obviously also right out.

I do not belong to a gym with machines. I have a home gym with free weights, a bench, & a pulley system.

So what's left? I can do deadlifts (although that whole full range of motion is a problem since I can't start out of a squat and pull it off the floor like everyone else. I have to use the rack) I can do static holds like wall squats but I've never seen any results in static hold exercises. Is there a way to amplify gains there or is that exercise actually just for foo-foo girlie girls who want the illusion of working out without any of that scary muscle development?

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Do all types of squats result in pan (hack squats etc.)?
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

mmchad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would do sldl for my glutes and hamstrings. I would do hack squats for my quads. Of course do any isolation exercises that you may have access to.

Im not sure that static holds are the best for muscular development or not. However, it is something that anyone with joint problems should consider. From what I understand, for it to be effective you need to use a weight that you can hold for only a few seconds. Id recommend finding a book like Max-contraction training. Or just do a search on here.

Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    you could try dip belt / hip belt squats. this leaves your arms free so you can hold onto a power rack or something so you can adjust the angle and depth of the squat. this exercise may be for you. you can experiment with different squatting positions to find out which ones cause the least aches and pains.

Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I would start with extensions and curls. Hacks are great just use low weight. The dip squats someone mentioned also may work. I would also look into a good joint supp to help with the pain.
    If you not feeling the burn your not pushing hard enough.
    "Don't talk about it, be about it" MK
    Change, Challenge, Compete