geno2217 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) geno2217 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) geno2217 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Home Cable/Pulley ideas. DIY?

I'm on a fairly tight budget but want to start doing a few workouts from home to fit my schedule.

I've just spent an hour searching the internet for a Pully Machine which you can hang over your door. I feel like such a thing ought to exist but I can;t find it.

Perhaps an extension to a pull up bar? Just something where I can attach my own weights to a cable and do excercises like tricep push downs and maybe lat pull downs.

Has anybody seen anything of this sort?

Or has anybody had success improvising with their own system to do these exercises?

Prepare Perform Prevail SuicideGripMe's Avatar
    SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You can get some cheap bands for a similiar effect, attaching them to a power rack or vertical tower/pull up set up. If not, I'd just stick with free weights if I was on a budget. A barbell, dumbells, power rack, and adjustsable bench is all I need.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180003183&p=1635918623#post1635918623
    New Shanghai Log!

"225, 315, 405 whatever. Yeah these benchmark digits come to mean a lot to us, the few warriors in this arena. They are, however, just numbers. I'm guilty of that sh*t too, waiting for somebody to powder my nuts cuz I did 20 reps of whatever the **** on the bench. Big f*king deal. It is all relative." G Diesel

tagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) tagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) tagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) tagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) tagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) tagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) tagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) tagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) tagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) tagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) tagger will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The workout equipment section might be better at helping with this. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26

Personally, I would never use a weight pulley system that hung over my door because I'd worry about ruining the hinges and door frame.

I've got something cheap hooked up at my place - I put a hook screw into a beam in the ceiling, hung a pulley on it, ran a cable through the pulley, hooked some weight to one end and a dog rope toy to the end I pull with. The only really weak point is the hook screw; everything else is rated at least 200lbs. I've been meaning to look into what people use to hang heavy punching bags. I've also thought about setting up another pulley anchored to the floor so I could have a low pulley, but I haven't thought of a good enough way to do it with my setup.
    Thankful that my bi's are small and humble so you don't confuse them with mountains