Aparks3108 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aparks3108 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aparks3108 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aparks3108 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aparks3108 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aparks3108 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aparks3108 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aparks3108 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question NIKE FIT + sensor

HI, I purchased a NIKE Fit + sensor on Saturday and TRIED to use this device yesterday. I thought that this would motivate me because I quit smoking 9 days ago (pack a day for 6 years). I have an Iphone and I downloaded the app for the sensor. The Iphone is linked to the sensor and it seems to operate just fine. However, when I run on the treadmill at a pace of 8 minutes and 34 seconds (7.0), the NIKE Sensor "believes" that I am running at a faster pace. I tried to calibrate my run; but I chose a 5K distance workout so the program would not let me calibrate.

1. What am I doing wrong?
    2. I am almost embarrassed to ask this; but is it possible that I am running faster than the time on the treadmill indicates? (I WISH)
    3. I have not created a NIKE account to download my workout history. Has anyone done this?

I don't really need this thing, because I have a runner's watch that I can use. I just thought that it would be cool and a great progress tracker.

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The Nike Sportband is a decent little tool for running, but not really as accurate as the GPS watches. Plus I hate the fact that the sensor only lasts 3-6 months then you have to buy another one when the battery dies. That aside, I have heard of people having trouble with them, but the accuracy will greatly depend on whether you calibrated it correctly and how tight you have it secured to your shoe (if using a pouch and not a Nike+ shoe that ist meant for). The website is garbage too, everytime I log on there to check out my distances there is an error or it will not read my last run. Take it for what its worth, but I would just buy a Garmin 405 and be done with it.

Aparks3108 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aparks3108 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aparks3108 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aparks3108 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aparks3108 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aparks3108 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aparks3108 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aparks3108 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    The Nike Sportband is a decent little tool for running, but not really as accurate as the GPS watches. Plus I hate the fact that the sensor only lasts 3-6 months then you have to buy another one when the battery dies. That aside, I have heard of people having trouble with them, but the accuracy will greatly depend on whether you calibrated it correctly and how tight you have it secured to your shoe (if using a pouch and not a Nike+ shoe that ist meant for). The website is garbage too, everytime I log on there to check out my distances there is an error or it will not read my last run. Take it for what its worth, but I would just buy a Garmin 405 and be done with it.
    Thanks for the info. I am using it in a NIKE + shoe. I don't like the fact that you have to replace a $20.00 sensor every 3-6 months either. I really do not think it is calibrated correctly at this time.

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Aparks3108 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I am using it in a NIKE + shoe. I don't like the fact that you have to replace a $20.00 sensor every 3-6 months either. I really do not think it is calibrated correctly at this time.
    I did my calibration with a 1 mile run, and it really didnt do that bad. My Garmin said 1 mile, and the Nike Sportband was .99 miles. I just would rather have exact GPS measurements and the Garmin website was outstanding for tracking your runs and planning courses for your next run. Good luck, as long as your running and getting faster it doesnt matter what you use.