Page 71 of 171 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,130 of 5128
    Xivurius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i read on the first page the Diet and Training plan. It suits my lifestyle and I think I'm going to give it a shot! I'm a tall, skinny kid, so I'm willing to try this (slightly modified) and see how it goes, thank you very much!

NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hit 160.

Muqsith1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Muqsith1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Muqsith1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Muqsith1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Muqsith1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Muqsith1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i am in. my weight is only 130 lbs right now. can we do no cardio while bulking? it seems that i burn calories fast when I incorporate running into my routine.

Eriatarka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eriatarka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eriatarka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eriatarka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eriatarka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eriatarka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Starting an 2 week cut, which should bring me to 140lbs with abs showing. Even tough I'm skinny, I hate my gut, so I'll do what I need to get below 10% bf. After that, its clean bulk time, this time with creatine. Lets put my ectomorph metabolism to the test and see how fast I can shed fat out of my body.

Jokhum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'll jump on this awesome-train. Started at 115lbs @ May this year, currently bouncing around @ 138. And up up up we go !

Present is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Present is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Present is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Present is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Present is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Present is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Present is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Present is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Present is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Present is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Present is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Muqsith1 View Post
    i am in. my weight is only 130 lbs right now. can we do no cardio while bulking? it seems that i burn calories fast when I incorporate running into my routine.
    I'm of course still learning how to bulk up the best way possible, maybe I'm missing some info but I refuse to do any cardio right now, just strictly lifting weights.

Originally Posted by NoFive0 View Post
    Hit 160.
    same.

We will all have the days where we are not skinny anymore.
    Last edited by Present; 09-18-2011 at 07:04 PM.

note2self is on a distinguished road. (+10) note2self is on a distinguished road. (+10) note2self is on a distinguished road. (+10) note2self is on a distinguished road. (+10) note2self is on a distinguished road. (+10) note2self is on a distinguished road. (+10) note2self is on a distinguished road. (+10) note2self is on a distinguished road. (+10) note2self is on a distinguished road. (+10) note2self is on a distinguished road. (+10) note2self is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm 6'2 and was 160 damn near all year. Pretty skinny. Bulked a few years ago and got to 179 but have since lost damn near all of that muscle. Gone through some personal **** but now I'm back on it for good. Started bulking about a month ago and I'm about 165. 3000 calories a day, watching my diet, and lifting 3 times a week. Goal is 185 at 10% BF by the end of the year. I'm pretty confident that I'll be there.

I've gone through some personal **** in the last few years and working out one thing that keeps my motivated and focused to get back on track. I love it.

Muqsith1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Muqsith1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Muqsith1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Muqsith1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Muqsith1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Muqsith1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hit 160.
    great job. my current target is 160....but now, I am still 130.9

Originally Posted by Present View Post
    I'm of course still learning how to bulk up the best way possible, maybe I'm missing some info but I refuse to do any cardio right now, just strictly lifting weights.
    same here. I stopped doing cardio for the past 1 week,eat huge and I gained 3 lbs from 127 to 130.

Originally Posted by Jokhum View Post
    I'll jump on this awesome-train. Started at 115lbs @ May this year, currently bouncing around @ 138. And up up up we go !
    great job bro. keep it up

Originally Posted by DanDastardly View Post
    For sure bro, my long term goal is to get up to 180-190lbs, but short term my aim is to gain 20lbs by the end of the year. Is that realistic?
    definitely realistic bro. just eat huge, lifting heavy, little/ no cardio, good amount of rest.

NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I do a lot of cardio and eat clean, one might think it wil take longer but it seems like it would be the same time as bulking and cutting together. I don't feel healthy if I can't do cardio.

I do a lot of cardio and eat clean, one might think it wil take longer but it seems like it would be the same time as bulking and cutting together. I don't feel healthy if I can't do cardio.
    same thought bro. I was thinking whether I should do cardio , get slower bulk and still maintain low bodyfat. or, should I gain weight fast and then cut later on. For the past one week, I did no cardio and gained 3 lbs which is quite good for me.

any tips on cardio?

Originally Posted by Muqsith1 View Post
    same thought bro. I was thinking whether I should do cardio , get slower bulk and still maintain low bodyfat. or, should I gain weight fast and then cut later on. For the past one week, I did no cardio and gained 3 lbs which is quite good for me.

any tips on cardio?
    As far as tips, I don't know. I have been boxing since I was younger so I'm kind of use to it. I run in the woods, up and down hills and stuff probably once or twice a week. It's very exhausting, probably somewhere around 3-4 miles. And I run around a lake here in town where there is a college and lots of females 2 to 3 times a week. It's right under 3 miles, like 2.8 or something. I also used to be in the Navy so running is something i've always done, even though I always hated it.

Just do or don't do what you want. If you don't want to run and you just want to bulk I don't see a problem with that. I used to swim 500 yards 3 times a week and feel like that is almost a workout even though it burns tons of calories.

By far the best cardio I believe is jump rope, you can burn the calories 3 times faster than jogging. I'm about to get a bike and do that though, because I want to get big legs. I think that bicycling is probably the most fun and is a happy medium between cardio and working out.

Which ever you choose just stay motivated. All it takes is time, your goal is attainable, just have to work hard at it.

nuketurnal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i was sick for almost 2 weeks, damn! i'm getting back on track. currently 142lbs now, hope to gain a lot!

Fastforce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey everyone, I guess I need some motivation to gain weight too. I'm 173 CM, 5 foot 8, 115 pounds. I know I'm underweight but I have trouble eating more than I'm suppose to because I'm scared of getting fat. Please help!

Atheist Alliance Wannabe slammedsl1's Avatar
    slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Need an opinion from anyone who trains in the morning...

I've just started back again this week, and twice, I've puked after working out when I get home. When I was working out consistently, I used to eat before I went, didn't have a problem, now that I'm back at it, I'm not sure, I started eating alot less before I go, just some rice milk and a banana. I feel maybe it's just the intensity and my body getting used to it again, thoughts?
    Check out my training blog : http://blog.bodybuilding.com/slammedsl1/

Originally Posted by slammedsl1 View Post

I've just started back again this week, and twice, I've puked after working out when I get home. When I was working out consistently, I used to eat before I went, didn't have a problem, now that I'm back at it, I'm not sure, I started eating alot less before I go, just some rice milk and a banana. I feel maybe it's just the intensity and my body getting used to it again, thoughts?
    Most likely the intensity, you don't smoke do you?

I used to have a 98 Z, loved that car.

5to9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5to9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5to9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5to9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5to9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5to9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5to9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5to9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5to9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5to9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5to9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I don't work out in the morning, but I hardly ever eat beforehand; I usually just have a BCAA drink, and the most I'll eat is a piece of toast with peanut butter. Maybe the intensity + you still need time to wake up. I always feel like hell in the morning until 10 or 11

slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Most likely the intensity, you don't smoke do you?

I used to have a 98 Z, loved that car.
    Nah, not a smoker. Not sure what you mean about the car, that username was from when I owned a Saturn SL1 lol

Originally Posted by 5to9 View Post
    I don't work out in the morning, but I hardly ever eat beforehand; I usually just have a BCAA drink, and the most I'll eat is a piece of toast with peanut butter. Maybe the intensity + you still need time to wake up. I always feel like hell in the morning until 10 or 11
    I usually have no issues waking up, I guess I'll just keep going at it, I went 4-6 weeks and didn't have this problem when I first started

Nah, not a smoker. Not sure what you mean about the car, that username was from when I owned a Saturn SL1 lol

I usually have no issues waking up, I guess I'll just keep going at it, I went 4-6 weeks and didn't have this problem when I first started
    Oh I read it as "slammedls1" my fault bro.

Eriatarka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eriatarka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eriatarka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eriatarka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eriatarka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eriatarka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Fastforce View Post
    Hey everyone, I guess I need some motivation to gain weight too. I'm 173 CM, 5 foot 8, 115 pounds. I know I'm underweight but I have trouble eating more than I'm suppose to because I'm scared of getting fat. Please help!
    I'm going to be straightfoward with you. I started at 123lbs and same height as you and I looked like a skeleton and was borderline anoretic. I'm 145 now and I still look very skinny. You simply cant be serious saying you are scared of getting fat, because even fat would probably make you look a lot better than you look now. Then, in my opinion there are 2 ways here: you can devote yourself to this hobby and eat. If you get fat, you cut it in 2 weeks due to your fast metabolism. To give you my example, I gained 22lbs and wasn't happy at how fat I was becoming. I'm starting a cut, but still I will be 140lbs after that, which is a LOT better then 123lbs.
    The second way (and I'm a psychologist), is to see a professional and see if that fear of yours comes from a eating disorder. It can be life-threatning and it alters your perception of fat-gain. Don't be afraid to seek advice.

Good luck in your goals either way.

Don't know if this was asked before, since the thread has lots of posts, but how does your suplement stack looks?
    I'm cutting now, and I'll start heavy again in october. I'm planning ahead my stack for the next cicle, and I want it to be kinda perfect.
    Therefore I'd love sugestions, or a critique at my plans:

Tipical Protein:
    ON 100% Whey
    ON Casein

Multi:
    ON Opti-men

BCAA
    ON BCAA

Pre-workout:
    Jack3D\No-Xplode (still havent decided, but leaning towards Jack3d)

Post-workout
    CGT-10 (creatine, glutamine and taurine).

Other:
    Dextrose
    ZMA+Tribulus
    Fish oil (worth it?)

This may seem like an overkill, but I'm really looking foward to give it all on the next bulk.
    Critiques?

mafty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mafty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mafty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mafty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mafty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mafty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mafty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mafty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mafty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mafty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mafty is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Eriatarka View Post
    Don't know if this was asked before, since the thread has lots of posts, but how does your suplement stack looks?
    I'm cutting now, and I'll start heavy again in october. I'm planning ahead my stack for the next cicle, and I want it to be kinda perfect.
    Therefore I'd love sugestions, or a critique at my plans:

Tipical Protein:
    ON 100% Whey
    ON Casein

Multi:
    ON Opti-men

BCAA
    ON BCAA

Pre-workout:
    Jack3D\No-Xplode (still havent decided, but leaning towards Jack3d)

Post-workout
    CGT-10 (creatine, glutamine and taurine).

Other:
    Dextrose
    ZMA+Tribulus
    Fish oil (worth it?)

This may seem like an overkill, but I'm really looking foward to give it all on the next bulk.
    Critiques?
    145lbs and cutting? bro I weigh similar to you, and there's no way you should be cutting. I eat everything in sight. and when Im full I go eat more. Personally I wont consider a cut until im up near 170 and even then, Id only cut if my BF got out of control.

Oh I read it as "slammedls1" my fault bro.
    Ohhh haha

Originally Posted by mafty View Post
    145lbs and cutting? bro I weigh similar to you, and there's no way you should be cutting. I eat everything in sight. and when Im full I go eat more. Personally I wont consider a cut until im up near 170 and even then, Id only cut if my BF got out of control.
    Its a fair critique, and I wouldn't cut either if I wasn't having an special event where I must look my best. I was carrying a gut when I started and now it just looked bad. Like I said before, thanks to my fast metabolism, I'll get where I want in one or two weeks, and it will be a lot more motivating having a 6pack. I also plan on cleanbulking, maybe with IF, in the future.

bonkerzzz is just really nice. (+1000) bonkerzzz is just really nice. (+1000) bonkerzzz is just really nice. (+1000) bonkerzzz is just really nice. (+1000) bonkerzzz is just really nice. (+1000) bonkerzzz is just really nice. (+1000) bonkerzzz is just really nice. (+1000) bonkerzzz is just really nice. (+1000) bonkerzzz is just really nice. (+1000) bonkerzzz is just really nice. (+1000) bonkerzzz is just really nice. (+1000)
    ****!!!!!!!!

Done something to my knee and it's absolutely hosed. No idea what but around 3 weeks ago I started getting a slight niggle behind my knee, nearing my 100kg 5x5 squat goal I pushed on. After another week things were getting worse but I could still bend it without much pain so naturally, I went on.

Fast forward to next week at work, I go to lift my leg up and bam something lets go at the back of my knee and a huge pain runs up and down my leg. Since then it's just swollen like hell and i'm struggling to bend it without that same pain. My calf was in inch bigger than my other and that was on a good day, I suspect some sort of tendonitus, but thats mainly because I don't want to think of the worsr possibilities

I have a doctors appointment tomorrow and hopefully into the physio soon to see whats going on. I'm completely fuked off atm, but if I can't train legs i'm still training upper body. I've worked too hard to let everything go to sh!t, it's happended numerous times before.

Sorry for the rant, I needed to get it off my chest abit. Hopefully you all learn from my mistake while you're in the early stages of training - if you get ANY sort of weird pain/feeling then REST IT.

Originally Posted by bonkerzzz View Post
    ****!!!!!!!!

Done something to my knee and it's absolutely hosed. No idea what but around 3 weeks ago I started getting a slight niggle behind my knee, nearing my 100kg 5x5 squat goal I pushed on. After another week things were getting worse but I could still bend it without much pain so naturally, I went on.

Fast forward to next week at work, I go to lift my leg up and bam something lets go at the back of my knee and a huge pain runs up and down my leg. Since then it's just swollen like hell and i'm struggling to bend it without that same pain. My calf was in inch bigger than my other and that was on a good day, I suspect some sort of tendonitus, but thats mainly because I don't want to think of the worsr possibilities

I have a doctors appointment tomorrow and hopefully into the physio soon to see whats going on. I'm completely fuked off atm, but if I can't train legs i'm still training upper body. I've worked too hard to let everything go to sh!t, it's happended numerous times before.

Sorry for the rant, I needed to get it off my chest abit. Hopefully you all learn from my mistake while you're in the early stages of training - if you get ANY sort of weird pain/feeling then REST IT.
    sorry to hear that. I hope everything goes well, bro.

Fastforce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Eriatarka View Post
    I'm going to be straightfoward with you. I started at 123lbs and same height as you and I looked like a skeleton and was borderline anoretic. I'm 145 now and I still look very skinny. You simply cant be serious saying you are scared of getting fat, because even fat would probably make you look a lot better than you look now. Then, in my opinion there are 2 ways here: you can devote yourself to this hobby and eat. If you get fat, you cut it in 2 weeks due to your fast metabolism. To give you my example, I gained 22lbs and wasn't happy at how fat I was becoming. I'm starting a cut, but still I will be 140lbs after that, which is a LOT better then 123lbs.
    The second way (and I'm a psychologist), is to see a professional and see if that fear of yours comes from a eating disorder. It can be life-threatning and it alters your perception of fat-gain. Don't be afraid to seek advice.

Good luck in your goals either way.
    Thanks for the good advice, I'll try it

Whyyousoskinny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whyyousoskinny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whyyousoskinny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whyyousoskinny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whyyousoskinny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whyyousoskinny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whyyousoskinny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whyyousoskinny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whyyousoskinny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whyyousoskinny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whyyousoskinny will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    6'5" 215 now.
    Been getting tons of compliments about how big i am etc.
    feelsgoodman.jpg
    NCSF Certified Personal Trainer
    Kettlebell, Pre-Post Natal, ViPR, Loaded Movement,
    Trigger Point, Boxing, Animal Flow and Progressive Bodyweight Training Certified.