Thread: 14 weeks out.

GaPeach88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool 14 weeks out.

Hey everyone, I am wanting to do a bikini comp oct 9th. Which is a little over 14 weeks out. I am about 155lbs with about 26% body fat. I am strong and very proportioned and have a lot of muscle just need to cut up. Am I being unrealistic only being 14 weeks out? sorry there are no progress pics. They are coming...

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by GaPeach88 View Post
    Hey everyone, I am wanting to do a bikini comp oct 9th. Which is a little over 14 weeks out. I am about 155lbs with about 26% body fat. I am strong and very proportioned and have a lot of muscle just need to cut up. Am I being unrealistic only being 14 weeks out? sorry there are no progress pics. They are coming...
    Honestly, I say there is no way in 14 weeks you will be ready. I believe you can be much leaner and lower bf% significantly. But i do not think you are going to be on par with the other girls in the comp. Especially if you have not been training for very long.
    And you may not have as much muscle as you think you do unless you have been trainign for a while and have cut and bulked before.

My sdvice would be to cut fat and train for a while to see where you are and then do some more training and pick a show farther out.
    Bikini is not all about dropping body fat to get on stage.
    However, if you feel this is something you must do then do it, just know that it is likely you will not be lean enough for stage.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

MPH, CPT and Nutrition and Wellness Coach

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

GaPeach88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by rockangel View Post
    Honestly, I say there is no way in 14 weeks you will be ready. I believe you can be much leaner and lower bf% significantly. But i do not think you are going to be on par with the other girls in the comp. Especially if you have not been training for very long.
    And you may not have as much muscle as you think you do unless you have been trainign for a while and have cut and bulked before.

My sdvice would be to cut fat and train for a while to see where you are and then do some more training and pick a show farther out.
    Bikini is not all about dropping body fat to get on stage.
    However, if you feel this is something you must do then do it, just know that it is likely you will not be lean enough for stage.
    Ok thanks for your honesty! i have always worked out just never went that next step for a show or anything...

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Ok thanks for your honesty! i have always worked out just never went that next step for a show or anything...
    What does "always worked out" mean??
    Are you lifting weights?
    How long have you been seriously training and thinking about competeing?
    Do you have a trainer?

In order to do this, your diet would have to be spot on with little room for error. And 14 weeks is hard to stay on track.
    If you dont have your diet in check nothing else will matter and if you do not have experience in doing competitions, i highly recommend finding a trainer that can give you solid programs and diets specifically for competitions.
    If you have never cut before, then you have no idea how your body will respond to it so 14 weeks may not be enough, especially with holding onto a higher % of bf. (and not hating since i started out about the same, just saying its high to start off with trying to do a comp in so little time).
    I did my comp in 17 weeks, and it was not enough time. Sure i did it, but i wasnt where i wanted to be and i am certainly not on par with people who are doing shows in your neck of the woods (I am from a small town bout 20 mins outside of s'port).
    If you are serious about it, then i say work toward competeing but give yourself more time to bring the body fat down.
    Its not as easy as you think it is.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

MPH, CPT and Nutrition and Wellness Coach

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

rcswent is just really nice. (+1000) rcswent is just really nice. (+1000) rcswent is just really nice. (+1000) rcswent is just really nice. (+1000) rcswent is just really nice. (+1000) rcswent is just really nice. (+1000) rcswent is just really nice. (+1000) rcswent is just really nice. (+1000) rcswent is just really nice. (+1000) rcswent is just really nice. (+1000) rcswent is just really nice. (+1000)
    It's really up to you. If you want to do it, know that you will probably only lose maybe 20 lbs (if you were to lose 1.5lbs a week)? And you may not reach your desired look for contest. Just keep that in mind, but if you still want to do it for the experience then go for it!

betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10) betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10) betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10) betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10) betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10) betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10) betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10) betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10) betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10) betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10) betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    rockangel has given you really good advice.

Personally, I think IF you did everything perfect and worked your tail off you would still not be competitive with those stats in 14 weeks. What I will say, however, is that you should focus on putting forth the all out effort. See where you end up. I have been amazed at some of the newer bikini competition photos that they have much more muscle than the first year...(last year). It is one thing to lose weight and quite another to be so tight and toned that you are competitive in a bikini competition.

I have friends who set 'goal dates' to peak but with no intent of a show at all. I used to wonder how a person could do this because the idea of the show is what provides me the motivation to demand more of myself. However, I now see that it is very purposeful to set a date and diet towards the date...to acheive a milestone.

Anyway...my two cents
    I love Anthony Scott

pyxis804 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pyxis804 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pyxis804 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pyxis804 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pyxis804 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pyxis804 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pyxis804 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pyxis804 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pyxis804 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pyxis804 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pyxis804 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I say go ahead and plan for it and if worse comes to worse don't do it. Most of the competitions you can register the night before. You can always try to do the comp october 9th and then if that one doesn't work out you can shoot for one a month or so later. Just a thought?

kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz
    Yes you are being unrealistic. You need more time and if you plan on doing the show, understand your conditioning will be off/you won't come in lean enough. If you want to be "competitive" I advise picking a later show.

Best of luck.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)