BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000)

A CKD ~ 5x5 question

I tried searching first, so I apologize if it's been covered...

This is my 2nd week of Keto so I'm looking forward to the carb-up this weekend. I just had a couple questions/concerns regarding it.

The version of 5x5 I'm doing is Stronglifts and this Friday will be my 'B' workout, which is squats (5x5), overhead press (5x5), deadlift (1x5), pull-ups (3xF) & prone bridge (3x30s). As I said, this is week two for me so it's still (really) light weight.

I'm wondering how to make this a depletion workout without totally messing up the program. Has anyone else done Stronglifts 5x5 on CKD?

While I'm here, I guess I might as well also ask another question I've been trying to figure out:

Since I'm going to be eating carbs post-workout, should I keep my fats in the first half of the day back? If I typically take in 175g fat through the day, would I cut it back to, say, 90g?

Again, I apologize, but thank you for your help.
    Sgt, USMC

hamton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hamton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hamton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hamton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hamton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hamton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hamton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hamton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hamton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hamton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hamton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I can't totally answer your question, but I'll make a suggestion. If you can shift your workout around so that you do your 5x5 after a carb up, it would be better. You muscles are pumped and primed for power. But if you are doing 5x5 for all your workouts, then I guess it doesn't matter. In that case, I guess you can throw in a round of full body workout to squeeze out all the glycogen left in your muscles.

As for the carb up day, just eat your fat like you normally would on keto days. If you usually consume like 120g of fat before a workout or dinner, then do just that. After the workout, carb up. Fruit pre-workout is optional. Up to you.

BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000)
    What if I wait to start my (12-hour) carb-up Saturday morning, as opposed to directly following the workout? Would that negate the need for a depletion workout?

It's not that I'm afraid of a depletion workout, but I'm currently working out on Tuesdays & Thursdays until I return from vacation in mid-July, and I'm also not sure how to incorporate it into my current 5x5 program.
    Sgt, USMC

I think I figured out a way to turn my 5x5 workout into a depletion workout, and I've moved today's workout to tomorrow so I can start my carb-up following the workout. I have just one more question, now that I've made that decision. Sorry...

From the reading I've done (like this thread, for example), I need to kick the carb-up off right after my workout with a 100g carb 50g protein shake. When I look at powdered dextrose, though (like this powder sold at bb.com), 4g is 1.25 tsp. So for 100g, I'll need to add 32 tsp of sugar to my shake.... Is this going to make it sickingly sweet? Is there a better way to get those 100g?

I did read, through searches, that smarties and sweet tarts are dextrose. Does anyone know how many grams they contain? Would popping a mouthful of these candies and chasing it with a whey shake be easier than loading up a cup full of dextrose powder?
    Sgt, USMC

Vanusk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vanusk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vanusk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vanusk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vanusk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vanusk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vanusk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vanusk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vanusk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vanusk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vanusk will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I run a simliar 5X5 and without a doubt the big lifts should put you where you want to be. My suggestion would be increase some of the most taxing lifts to achieve your depletion.

A good example would be since your running your deadlifts with 1x5 right now try to take it to 5x5 while pyramiding your weight up or down.

Example:

1X5 of a warmup weight say 135.
    1X5 (1) 5 reps at 225 (not sure what weight your working with)
    1X5 (2) 5 reps at 245
    1X5 (3) 5 reps at 265
    1X5 (4) 5 reps at 285
    1X5 (5) 5 reps at 305

This is just an example set and obviously the weight you will be pulling will be different.

You could also do this in reverse or use squats instead of deadlifts, imo deadlifts are the best at beating you up. If you have alot of energy to burn run all 5 sets after the warmup at 305 (again example weight).