liftNfish is on a distinguished road. (+10) liftNfish is on a distinguished road. (+10) liftNfish is on a distinguished road. (+10) liftNfish is on a distinguished road. (+10) liftNfish is on a distinguished road. (+10) liftNfish is on a distinguished road. (+10) liftNfish is on a distinguished road. (+10) liftNfish is on a distinguished road. (+10) liftNfish is on a distinguished road. (+10) liftNfish is on a distinguished road. (+10) liftNfish is on a distinguished road. (+10)

my guide on how to live an awesome life

these are just my personal opinions, hope you brahs enjoy

1) NEVER SAY NO! (in other words, be a yes man) there are logical things you can say no to of course, but overall take advantage of the opportunities that are presented to you. even if its little things such as going to the movies or seeing a concert from a band you've never heard of. you never know where you might end up at the end of the night

2) invest in a little bit of personal development. it may sound stupid and i thought it was too before i took a chance and read a couple books and listened to a few audio tapes. Jim Rohn, John C. Maxwell, Zig Ziglar, Tony Robbins are just few greats to look up

3) Stop being so negative. we all know sh!t happens in life that we can't control, so why spend more than 5min being angry? people all the time have one crappy thing happen in their day and they continue to bring it up all day to everyone they come in contact with. this just seeds that though into everyone around you and makes them negative too. Im a big believer in the law of attraction. I highly recommend the book The Secret to anyone and everyone. Its changed my outlook on the way i react to sh!tty situations.

4) be more active (not a big deal for the people on this site). In general the mass population sits around at home in their free time and wastes life away. get out and interact with people. go join club or a sports team. make your free/leisure time meaningful. dont waste away infront of a tv/computer.

5) stop worrying about what other people think. many people live in a jail cell because they are too afraid of what people might think of them. make people judge you on your personality, not the fancy shirt you're wearing.

that's all i have for now. if anyone of you brahs have comments/question feel free to ask away
    meet force with force

Smudgefit is not very helpful. (-500) Smudgefit is not very helpful. (-500) Smudgefit is not very helpful. (-500) Smudgefit is not very helpful. (-500) Smudgefit is not very helpful. (-500) Smudgefit is not very helpful. (-500) Smudgefit is not very helpful. (-500) Smudgefit is not very helpful. (-500) Smudgefit is not very helpful. (-500) Smudgefit is not very helpful. (-500) Smudgefit is not very helpful. (-500)
    Bump on all these!

Can I throw one in?

Try to love as much about everything/everyone as you can, the beauty is there! Dont be false either, you just need to see it

liftNfish is on a distinguished road. (+10) liftNfish is on a distinguished road. (+10) liftNfish is on a distinguished road. (+10) liftNfish is on a distinguished road. (+10) liftNfish is on a distinguished road. (+10) liftNfish is on a distinguished road. (+10) liftNfish is on a distinguished road. (+10) liftNfish is on a distinguished road. (+10) liftNfish is on a distinguished road. (+10) liftNfish is on a distinguished road. (+10) liftNfish is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Smudgefit View Post
    Bump on all these!

Can I throw one in?

Try to love as much about everything/everyone as you can, the beauty is there! Dont be false either, you just need to see it
    good addition
    meet force with force

Just a gym rat TheProgressiveOne's Avatar
    TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    good post man..

boogie102786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boogie102786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boogie102786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boogie102786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boogie102786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boogie102786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boogie102786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boogie102786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boogie102786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boogie102786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boogie102786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by liftNfish View Post

1) NEVER SAY NO! (in other words, be a yes man) there are logical things you can say no to of course, but overall take advantage of the opportunities that are presented to you. even if its little things such as going to the movies or seeing a concert from a band you've never heard of. you never know where you might end up at the end of the night

I really really need to start doing this. I've thought about it before but it seems like every time I've been invited to do something lately I've turned it down. The rest I work on daily. And I love my self improvement books, they aren't as cheesy as they sound. lol

Good post OP.
    What I lack in hight, I make up for in shortness.

cbezz is just really nice. (+1000) cbezz is just really nice. (+1000) cbezz is just really nice. (+1000) cbezz is just really nice. (+1000) cbezz is just really nice. (+1000) cbezz is just really nice. (+1000) cbezz is just really nice. (+1000) cbezz is just really nice. (+1000) cbezz is just really nice. (+1000) cbezz is just really nice. (+1000) cbezz is just really nice. (+1000)
    I enjoy reading these uplifting kind of - Improve yourself threads.
    They're quite well thought out, and quite insightful. And they're nearly always applicable to me haha.
    Thanks man.

gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Great post. I have to say I agree with everything on there.

I have been doing a lot of personal development the past few years and it has changed my life. It is not easy to step away from old patterns but once you notice it and can control it, it makes life worth living. Living simple is the best way to go. We get so caught up in society that we forget what lifes truly about.

Here are some good sites and blogs that I read daily to make sure I'm on the right path.

http://zenhabits.net/

http://www.dailyom.com/
    If you're absent during my struggle, don't expect to be present during my success.

misc lyfe aint no strife midniteOG's Avatar
    midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000)

2) invest in a little bit of personal development. it may sound stupid and i thought it was too before i took a chance and read a couple books and listened to a few audio tapes. Jim Rohn, John C. Maxwell, Zig Ziglar, Tony Robbins are just few greats to look up

3) Stop being so negative. we all know sh!t happens in life that we can't control, so why spend more than 5min being angry? people all the time have one crappy thing happen in their day and they continue to bring it up all day to everyone they come in contact with. this just seeds that though into everyone around you and makes them negative too. Im a big believer in the law of attraction. I highly recommend the book The Secret to anyone and everyone. Its changed my outlook on the way i react to sh!tty situations.

4) be more active (not a big deal for the people on this site). In general the mass population sits around at home in their free time and wastes life away. get out and interact with people. go join club or a sports team. make your free/leisure time meaningful. dont waste away infront of a tv/computer.

5) stop worrying about what other people think. many people live in a jail cell because they are too afraid of what people might think of them. make people judge you on your personality, not the fancy shirt you're wearing.

that's all i have for now. if anyone of you brahs have comments/question feel free to ask away
    good read:
    lets see here:
    1. i need to get more involved with stuff like that. i tend to stick with things i like and not really explore much other stuff. getting better at that, but still could use some work
    2. doing good with that so far
    3. im good at this. i mean, i sorta let things linger and will think about them alot. but i tend not to let other people see that im not ina good mood or that im unhappy.
    4. need to go to some clubs and stuff. but im not 21 yet, so im sorta 1/2 in 1/2 out on that.. half fun at the activities i do attend tho.
    5. i need alot more work on this. and when i say alot i do mean a **** ton. im working on it tho. cut my hair, changed my style some and what not..

but ya, heres some of my own. take what people say and think about it. if its a complimen, go with it. if its criticism think about it and maybe there right. give it a shot. if it works it does, if not, **** it. you only live once, live how you want, not how you want people to see you.
    *****official misc photography crew *****

WyoSigAlph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I agree with everything liftNfish posted, although, some of things are easier to do than others. But if I had any advice to give to anyone it would be right with number three. I try telling people all the time, what is the point of getting angry at something we have no control over, you are just wasting your time on negativity. I guarantee that your daily life will be more pleasant if you can adopt that thought process.

Great Post liftNFish!

boogie102786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boogie102786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boogie102786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boogie102786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boogie102786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boogie102786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boogie102786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boogie102786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boogie102786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boogie102786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boogie102786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    We definitely need a self improvement thread.

Originally Posted by boogie102786 View Post
    We definitely need a self improvement thread.
    we really do. too many people on here mad or upset over pointless crap. learn to live, not hate everything.
    meet force with force

selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000)

I like number 5 the best......Sometimes our egos get in the way of taking action....who gives a flyin fuk how others see ya....I have found the individuals to make fun of others are the ones who are the most insecure....thanks for sharing brah
    While liftin duh weights I yell out..."You sexy beast"...."Squeeze metal for papa".

Originally Posted by selffirst View Post
    I like number 5 the best......Sometimes our egos get in the way of taking action....who gives a flyin fuk how others see ya....I have found the individuals to make fun of others are the ones who are the most insecure....thanks for sharing brah
    encourage people, dont put them down. there is a time and place for joking with your brahs but to act as if your better than someone only shows your true insecurities
    meet force with force

gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Might as well keep this going.

Here is a guy I worked with in the past. He has these pod cast that I find very helpful. Check it out.

http://www.thenewmanpodcast.com/
    If you're absent during my struggle, don't expect to be present during my success.

BIGrob84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGrob84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGrob84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGrob84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGrob84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGrob84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGrob84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGrob84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGrob84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGrob84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGrob84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Good post man. It's our choice whether we are happy or not. Have some Reps.
    LOGIC / emotion = CONTROL

we really do. too many people on here mad or upset over pointless crap. learn to live, not hate everything.
    Indeed. I'm not saying I'm not one of these people but I try to catch myself. I've listened to a lot of Anthony Robbins, read Sean Stephensons book, and listened to countless other clips from seminars. I always thought the stuff was cheesy until I gave it a try and it really helps give a better outlook on life.

Originally Posted by gottalift78 View Post
    Might as well keep this going.

Here is a guy I worked with in the past. He has these pod cast that I find very helpful. Check it out.

http://www.thenewmanpodcast.com/
    I'll definitely check that out.

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.” ~Eckhart Tolle

^^This quote that I got from one of your other links has saved me from getting frustrated several times already

GetEven will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetEven will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetEven will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetEven will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetEven will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetEven will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetEven will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetEven will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetEven will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetEven will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetEven will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Came into this thread and thought it was going to be some noob telling us how to be CEOin. Really good post man. I try to be a so called "yes man." No matter how stupid something sounds or how much I don't want to do it, f*ck it I'm doing it. As long as it's not something criminal. Haha. Almost 99% of the time I'm like...hey that was pretty fun.

Originally Posted by GetEven View Post
    Came into this thread and thought it was going to be some noob telling us how to be CEOin. Really good post man. I try to be a so called "yes man." No matter how stupid something sounds or how much I don't want to do it, f*ck it I'm doing it. As long as it's not something criminal. Haha. Almost 99% of the time I'm like...hey that was pretty fun.
    lol. Its a good feeling man. Its great when a situation starts going south and you stay present and solid. I can't tell you the amount of respect you get when that happens. Patients is key to keeping cool and how we handle situations.

A great quote that I try to live by each day...

‘A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.’ ~Herm Albright

bulkupfast.com has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

maybe they do it because they dont know any other way?

Originally Posted by WyoSigAlph View Post
    I agree with everything liftNfish posted, although, some of things are easier to do than others. But if I had any advice to give to anyone it would be right with number three. I try telling people all the time, what is the point of getting angry at something we have no control over, you are just wasting your time on negativity. I guarantee that your daily life will be more pleasant if you can adopt that thought process.

Great Post liftNFish!
    I totally agree that this is a great way to live. It makes life sooo much easier. But, and its a J-Lo sized but, until people realise that they can feel better AND be motivated to change, AND get what they want from living in this way, theyve got no hope. Why would you even try?

This is one of the reasons I like Bhuddism so much; the practice of mindfulness and equanimity through meditation is one of the best ways, long term, to achieve this. I would also add that you can practice these skills and not be a Bhuddist, as I do...

Chuck2600 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Chuck2600 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Chuck2600 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Chuck2600 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Chuck2600 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Chuck2600 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Chuck2600 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Chuck2600 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Chuck2600 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Chuck2600 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Chuck2600 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    As much as I hate to admit it 3 and 5 are big issues for me, but I'm always trying to better myself as a person in every way I can.

good post!

AnthonyBishop will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnthonyBishop will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnthonyBishop will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnthonyBishop will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnthonyBishop will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnthonyBishop will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnthonyBishop will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnthonyBishop will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnthonyBishop will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnthonyBishop will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnthonyBishop will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good stuff. "No" is a very powerful word though. Saying "No" to things can have a strong positive effect (especially when dealing with women). I think most people say "Yes" too much. Saying "No" can elevate your status, and can show strong belief/feeling in something (which is respectable to most people).
    If you want drastic results you need to take drastic measures.

Originally Posted by GetEven View Post
    thanks man. im in no way a guru but this is just what ive been enlightened to this past year and helped me overcome many ****ty situations. big and small.

lol. Its a good feeling man. Its great when a situation starts going south and you stay present and solid. I can't tell you the amount of respect you get when that happens. Patients is key to keeping cool and how we handle situations.

A great quote that I try to live by each day...

‘A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.’ ~Herm Albright
    awesome quote. when things start turning sour i just laugh. not because i dont take it seriuosly but because laughter is contagious and it helps everyone get through without being negative.

Originally Posted by AnthonyBishop View Post
    Good stuff. "No" is a very powerful word though. Saying "No" to things can have a strong positive effect (especially when dealing with women). I think most people say "Yes" too much. Saying "No" can elevate your status, and can show strong belief/feeling in something (which is respectable to most people).
    I dont deal with women for one. at this point in my life i am to busy and focused to be in a relationship. if a girl im talking to throws up any red flags i immediately lose interest and i bail. not because im a coward or scared, but because i shouldnt have to "deal" with a girl or settle.

saying yes has it's limits of course. im more focusing it on experiences that most people say no to because they are scared/uncomfortable/lazy to say yes to.
    meet force with force

AnthonyBishop will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnthonyBishop will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnthonyBishop will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnthonyBishop will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnthonyBishop will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnthonyBishop will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnthonyBishop will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnthonyBishop will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnthonyBishop will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnthonyBishop will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnthonyBishop will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    saying yes has it's limits of course. im more focusing it on experiences that most people say no to because they are scared/uncomfortable/lazy to say yes to.
    Oh ok, I got you. Yea, getting out of your comfort zone is def where a lot of progress/change is made.
    If you want drastic results you need to take drastic measures.

VANCOUVER CANUCKS FUK YEA MAGnitude's Avatar
    MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000)
    read this book, it will help u alot!

RIP- LUC BOURDON

GO THE CANUCKS, GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really like this site man. And to the poster above I'm gonna give it a try if it's done in an audiobook as well.