Thread: Starting Out

Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    slomotmd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Starting Out

Hi.

As you may allready be able to figure out I'm no he-man. Last time I fully hit a gym was 14 years ago while doing dance. At that point I was pretty athletic and healthy. Unfortunately it's slid away alot and have recently in the last few months decided to stop smoking and concentrate on my future and my health.

Living in England, the typical available diets and lifestyle are somewhat disgraceful so what I'm really looking for is some simple tips (If this is the right place to post this) towards the first steps (again).

So a general good diet + simple break in plan to fitness would be briliant if anyone can point me in the right direction and hopefully get me on my way.

Cheers!
    www.myspace.com/slomotmd

www.myspace.com/themirimardisaster

Oh come on please! You must have all been this size once!
    www.myspace.com/slomotmd

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    start by posting your current diet & routine, and we can offer tips/advice.

The basic breakdown is this:
    Eat complex carbs, healthy fats, and lots of protein.

Eat every 2-3 hours (works out to be 5-8 meals a day usually).

At every meal eat protein. With as many meals as possible, eat fibrous vegetables. White Potatoes (regular baked potatoes, mashed potatoes etc) and corn do not count. They are very starchy.

Do not drink fruit juices. They are pretty much sodas with vitamins. If you want fruit juice, eat the actual fruit.

Drink lots of water, at least 1 gallon a day.

Get as many of your nutrients from whole foods, but you can use protein powders, bars, etc where needed to supplement. Remember that, don't tailor a whole diet around protein shakes.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

Thats a good start!

I allready eat a lot of oats, fruit, tuna + chicken (not fried).

I get to the gym when I can but mainly do cardio as I feel I need to improve my general fitness and stamina before I can even think about bulking up alot. At the moment I tend to spend 4 nights a week drumming for around 3 hours a night so im doing alot of burning, just unfortunately sat down!

Does that make sense at all?

I do tend to have a problem with breads in that they tend to bloat me out and feel like not eating.

Good advice on the juice though! Never realised that. Is that the same for smoothies?

Thanks!
    www.myspace.com/slomotmd

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by slomotmd View Post
    Thats a good start!

I get to the gym when I can but mainly do cardio as I feel I need to improve my general fitness and stamina before I can even think about bulking up alot. At the moment I tend to spend 4 nights a week drumming for around 3 hours a night so im doing alot of burning, just unfortunately sat down!

I do tend to have a problem with breads in that they tend to bloat me out and feel like not eating.

Good advice on the juice though! Never realised that. Is that the same for smoothies?

Thanks!
    Most smoothies you get at restaurants/smoothie shops are HORRIBLE for you. If you make your own smoothies (milk, protein powder, fruit, ice, etc) then you shoudl be alright. But if you do searches online, chances are you can find the nutrition facts of the ones you'd buy at a shop, and they are loaded with syrups and sugars.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

ahdonye is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahdonye is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahdonye is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahdonye is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahdonye is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahdonye is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahdonye is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahdonye is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahdonye is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahdonye is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahdonye is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by slomotmd View Post
    Thats a good start!

Thanks!
    No, your already getting enough cardio from drumming. Because you get so much cardio from drumming,you don't have to worry abot getting bulky. you'll just get a good "ripped" look. Just treat your drumming like you would a workout. 20g o' protein and a slow acting carb an hour before you drum, and 40g o' protein and a fast acting carb within 30 minutes of the finish of your set.