Apostle X is just really nice. (+1000) Apostle X is just really nice. (+1000) Apostle X is just really nice. (+1000) Apostle X is just really nice. (+1000) Apostle X is just really nice. (+1000) Apostle X is just really nice. (+1000) Apostle X is just really nice. (+1000) Apostle X is just really nice. (+1000) Apostle X is just really nice. (+1000) Apostle X is just really nice. (+1000) Apostle X is just really nice. (+1000)

RXRugby reviews Nootropics

In this thread I will be reviewing several products.

I have many to add but they will be as of today
    Huperzine- A by Unique Nutrition
    Picamilon by Unique Nutrition
    PhenylEthylAmine by Unique Nutrition
    Sulbutiamine by Unique Nutrition
    WAR IS PEACE
    FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
    IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Apostle X is just really nice. (+1000) Apostle X is just really nice. (+1000) Apostle X is just really nice. (+1000) Apostle X is just really nice. (+1000) Apostle X is just really nice. (+1000) Apostle X is just really nice. (+1000) Apostle X is just really nice. (+1000) Apostle X is just really nice. (+1000) Apostle X is just really nice. (+1000) Apostle X is just really nice. (+1000) Apostle X is just really nice. (+1000)

Huperzine-A by Unique Nutrition

HUPERZINE-A
    BY:

Where to buy: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/uniq/hup.html

My Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3394571

Writeup

What is L-Huperzine A?

L-Huperzine A ([5R-(5, 9 , 11E]-S-amino-11-ethylidene -5, 6, 9, 10-tetrahydro-7 -methyl-5, 9 -methanocyclooctapyridin-2(1H)-one) is an alkaloid isolated from the Chinese club moss Huperzia serrata. L-Huperzine A is the natural form of Huperzine A and has been shown to be up to 3 times more potent than synthetic DL forms on the market.

What Does It Do?

L-Huperzine A is a potent, reversible, fast-acting acetylcholine esterase (AChE) inhibitor. Acetylcholine (ACh) is a major neurotransmitter in the brain and is known to be involved in many aspects of cognition. AChE is responsible for breaking down acetylcholine in the brain. When AChE is inhibited levels of ACh increase in the brain. L-Huperzine A readily crosses the Blood Brain Barrier and has been shown to have a stronger AChE inhibiting effect than donepezil and Galantamine.

Acetylcholine declines with age and decreased acetylcholine levels have been implicated in a number of memory-related conditions such as Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI) and Alzheimer's disease. Increased levels of acetylcholine have been shown to be beneficial in these conditions as well as in healthy young people.

Recent research shows L-Huperzine A also has 2 additional remarkable effects on the brain. It protects NMDA (N-Methyl-D-Asparate) receptors (by acting as an NMDA antagonist), it stimulates the synthesis of Nerve Growth Factor and up-regulates NGF receptors, both of which promote youthful cognitive functioning.

What Is It Used For?

L-Huperzine A has been clinically shown to be effective for enhancing memory and learning performance in healthy young & old people.

Who Should Take L-Huperzine A?

Any healthy adult can use L-Huperzine A. It has been found both in clinical studies and throughout its long history of usage to be one of the safest and most effective memory boosters. It is helpful for individuals that wish to be able to learn large amounts of information efficiently and store it for easy access. Students, business professionals, physicians and researchers often find L-Huperzine A to be especially useful. The dose most often recommended is 100-400 mcg daily or as needed with meals. Up to 800 mcg can be taken for special memory demanding effects.

Are there any side effects?

Human clinical trials using L-Huperzine A in both high and low dosages report minimal side effects. If too high of a dose is used for a long period of time the user may experience mild nausea, sweating, or muscle tension due to high acetylcholine levels. These symptoms disappear quickly after the dosage is reduced.

Number of days taken: 1 full bottle
    • Taste: scale of 1-10= N/A
      N/A Capsule Form

• Focus: scale of 1-10= 10
      Everyone knows what it feels like to be done with the school year. Your brain completely shuts down, and stays in hybernation until the next school year. This summer, I had to wake my brain back up! Huperzine-A gave me a great mental awareness and my brain seemed to start right back, no cobwebs or anything. I know for a fact my memory improved a lot. I had German vocabulary quizzes daily, and Hup-A helped me memorize these words fairly easily. Words and formulas came to me while taking tests, it was almost like having a cheat sheet in front of me .

• Results: scale of 1-10= 10
      I recieved two 4.0's in my summer quarter. One of my courses was Calculus II, which is not too difficult, but was challenging for me at times.

• Side Effects: scale of 1-10=10
      Absolutely none. The label recommends taking with a meal, which I did nearly every time. The few times that I did not take the Hup-A with a meal, nothing spectacular happened, no head aches or anything, so no big deal for me!

Also, someone noted that it is not a good idea to take it within 5 hours of bedtime. I recall one time I was extremely tired in class and I took some Hup-A and it woke me up! It seems to wake the brain up pretty effeciently.

• Price: scale of 1-10= 8
      At bodybuilding.com the price is listed as $21.49. There are 120 capsules (100 mg) in one bottle.
      Seeing as I took 4 capsules a day, 2 on the weekends.
      4 x 5= 20 , 2 x 2= 4, 24 capsules per week equals a supply for 5 weeks. At around $4.30 a week, you can't really complain. A lot cheaper than paying for a tutor!
      However, seeing as this is for all ages, and because I am a college student, I feel the price is a just a little high. But with BB.com discounts and hopefully future sales, this is a definite keeper!

• Overall: scale of 1-10= 9
      Huperzine-A is some quality stuff. I took this product at all different dosages and felt the 4 a day worked best. You cannot beat a product that is known to help with memory. I don't know if I should recommend this product to my peers because I want it all for myself! I received two 4.0s in my summer college course. I took them to get ahead and hopefully have around a 3..5 average, but with the help of Huperzine-A I exceeded my own expectations.

I told my dad about this product and bought him a bottle. I have 2 bottles in reserve, waiting for my upcoming school year!

Thank you Steve/ Unique Nutrition for allowing me to experience this great product! And thanks to everyone who has been offering advice/comments etc. in my log
    Last edited by RXrugby; 07-25-2007 at 04:41 PM.
    WAR IS PEACE
    FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
    IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Improve your Mind CognitiveNutrition's Avatar
    CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by RXrugby View Post

HUPERZINE-A
    BY:

Where to buy: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/uniq/hup.html

Writeup

What is L-Huperzine A?

L-Huperzine A ([5R-(5, 9 , 11E]-S-amino-11-ethylidene -5, 6, 9, 10-tetrahydro-7 -methyl-5, 9 -methanocyclooctapyridin-2(1H)-one) is an alkaloid isolated from the Chinese club moss Huperzia serrata. L-Huperzine A is the natural form of Huperzine A and has been shown to be up to 3 times more potent than synthetic DL forms on the market.

What Does It Do?

L-Huperzine A is a potent, reversible, fast-acting acetylcholine esterase (AChE) inhibitor. Acetylcholine (ACh) is a major neurotransmitter in the brain and is known to be involved in many aspects of cognition. AChE is responsible for breaking down acetylcholine in the brain. When AChE is inhibited levels of ACh increase in the brain. L-Huperzine A readily crosses the Blood Brain Barrier and has been shown to have a stronger AChE inhibiting effect than donepezil and Galantamine.

Acetylcholine declines with age and decreased acetylcholine levels have been implicated in a number of memory-related conditions such as Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI) and Alzheimer's disease. Increased levels of acetylcholine have been shown to be beneficial in these conditions as well as in healthy young people.

Recent research shows L-Huperzine A also has 2 additional remarkable effects on the brain. It protects NMDA (N-Methyl-D-Asparate) receptors (by acting as an NMDA antagonist), it stimulates the synthesis of Nerve Growth Factor and up-regulates NGF receptors, both of which promote youthful cognitive functioning.

What Is It Used For?

L-Huperzine A has been clinically shown to be effective for enhancing memory and learning performance in healthy young & old people.

Who Should Take L-Huperzine A?

Any healthy adult can use L-Huperzine A. It has been found both in clinical studies and throughout its long history of usage to be one of the safest and most effective memory boosters. It is helpful for individuals that wish to be able to learn large amounts of information efficiently and store it for easy access. Students, business professionals, physicians and researchers often find L-Huperzine A to be especially useful. The dose most often recommended is 100-400 mcg daily or as needed with meals. Up to 800 mcg can be taken for special memory demanding effects.

Are there any side effects?

Human clinical trials using L-Huperzine A in both high and low dosages report minimal side effects. If too high of a dose is used for a long period of time the user may experience mild nausea, sweating, or muscle tension due to high acetylcholine levels. These symptoms disappear quickly after the dosage is reduced.

N/A Capsule Form

• Focus: scale of 1-10= 10
      Everyone knows what it feels like to be done with the school year. Your brain completely shuts down, and stays in hybernation until the next school year. This summer, I had to wake my brain back up! Huperzine-A gave me a great mental awareness and my brain seemed to start right back, no cobwebs or anything. I know for a fact my memory improved a lot. I had German vocabulary quizzes daily, and Hup-A helped me memorize these words fairly easily. Words and formulas came to me while taking tests, it was almost like having a cheat sheet in front of me .

• Results: scale of 1-10= 10
      I recieved two 4.0's in my summer quarter. One of my courses was Calculus II, which is not too difficult, but was challenging for me at times.

Absolutely none. The label recommends taking with a meal, which I did nearly every time. The few times that I did not take the Hup-A with a meal, nothing spectacular happened, no head aches or anything, so no big deal for me!

Also, someone noted that it is not a good idea to take it within 5 hours of bedtime. I recall one time I was extremely tired in class and I took some Hup-A and it woke me up! It seems to wake the brain up pretty effeciently.

At bodybuilding.com the price is listed as $21.49. There are 120 capsules (100 mg) in one bottle.
      Seeing as I took 4 capsules a day, 2 on the weekends.
      4 x 5= 20 , 2 x 2= 4, 24 capsules per week equals a supply for 5 weeks. At around $4.30 a week, you can't really complain. A lot cheaper than paying for a tutor!
      However, seeing as this is for all ages, and because I am a college student, I feel the price is a just a little high. But with BB.com discounts and hopefully future sales, this is a definite keeper!

Huperzine-A is some quality stuff. I took this product at all different dosages and felt the 4 a day worked best. You cannot beat a product that is known to help with memory. I don't know if I should recommend this product to my peers because I want it all for myself! I received two 4.0s in my summer college course. I took them to get ahead and hopefully have around a 3..5 average, but with the help of Huperzine-A I exceeded my own expectations.

I told my dad about this product and bought him a bottle. I have 2 bottles in reserve, waiting for my upcoming school year!

Thank you Steve/ Unique Nutrition for allowing me to experience this great product! And thanks to everyone who has been offering advice/comments etc. in my log
    Great review!
    www.cognitivenutrition.com
    www.bodybuilding.com/store/uniq/uniq.htm

PEA 750 mg caps: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/uniq/peaultra.html
    PEA Dosing: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=261217881&postcount=1379

PICAMILON
    BY:

Where to buy: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/uniq/pic.html

Writeup

What is Picamilon?

Picamilon (N-Nicotinoyl GABA) is a powerful derivative of GABA & Niacin created in Russia. Unlike GABA it rapidly and effectively penetrates the blood brain barrier using a special niacin analog carrier providing potent GABAgeric effects on the brain. Picamilon is unique in that is can be stimulating and relaxing at the same time. It is the ultimate Physical/Mental Restorer.

What Does It Do?

-GABA Modulator [Normalizes GABA A receptor activity]

-(Supports Stress, Anxiety, Focus, Physical & Mental energy )

- Cerebral Blood Flow [Tones cerebral vessels] (Mental energy/Alertness support)

N/A Capsule Form

• Focus: scale of 1-10= 9
      Picamilon was great when it came to focus. I mainly took Picamilon when going out with some attractive girls, during important meetings or during tests.
      I am a really nervous/anxious guy when it comes to test taking or girls. Picamilon most notably helped me maintain a focused, but relaxed state. Normally, before I take a test I am biting my finger nails until they bleed or checking the clock every minute. When I took Picamilon I breezed through my test and felt confident in my test taking skills. Picamilon as gave me the ability to talk easy, without mumbling to girls.

• Results: scale of 1-10= 9
      I cannot complain at all, Picamilon did what it was supposed to do. It kept me alert, focused and relaxed. During work I felt in charge and aware of what was going on all times. I stayed focus on my job and gave out orders while staying calm and collective, without worrying myself to death.
      None that I am aware of!
    • Price: scale of 1-10= 7
      At Bodybuilding.com the price is $19.75 for 120 Capsules (50mg/capsule). While I feel this is steep, Picamilon does indeed work.The Directions State: Take 1-3 capsules 1-3 times daily for mild relaxation. Take 4-6 capsules daily for mental stimulation. However I felt the need to only take Picamilon when absolutely necessary, so it has lasted me for a long time (still have a few left). If you need a supplement to help you out with stress and to keep you motivated throughout the day, you should try Picamilon.
    • Overall: scale of 1-10= 8
      Picamilon does exactly what the website states
      -(Supports Stress, Anxiety, Focus, Physical & Mental energy )

- Cerebral Blood Flow [Tones cerebral vessels] (Mental energy/Alertness support)

A lot of people suffer from anxiety and stress such as myself. Picamilon greatly reduced my stress and anxiety during tests/dates/work. This product is good to try at least once! I will definitely be ordering some more before exam time to help me focus and stay relaxed for my exams.

Last edited by RXrugby; 08-07-2007 at 03:10 PM.
    WAR IS PEACE
    FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
    IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Molecular Nutrition Rep SwolenONE's Avatar
    SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Solid Reviews, I will likely get into nootropics during fall semester if my course load proves to be very challenging.

yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Wow awesome reviews man.

Perhaps ill look into this stuff for my upcoming final year.
    seated rows before hoes

bigdane55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigdane55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigdane55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigdane55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigdane55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigdane55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigdane55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigdane55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigdane55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigdane55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigdane55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    sweet reviews very thorough

CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000)
    Detailed to a T. And not just a lowercase t but a Capital T.

PEA Dosing: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=261217881&postcount=1379

Secret_Hope is just really nice. (+1000) Secret_Hope is just really nice. (+1000) Secret_Hope is just really nice. (+1000) Secret_Hope is just really nice. (+1000) Secret_Hope is just really nice. (+1000) Secret_Hope is just really nice. (+1000) Secret_Hope is just really nice. (+1000) Secret_Hope is just really nice. (+1000) Secret_Hope is just really nice. (+1000) Secret_Hope is just really nice. (+1000) Secret_Hope is just really nice. (+1000)
    Nice review! Huperzine A was great for me until I started to get sick. I refuse to finish the bottle. I'll be looking forward to your other reviews. Maybe there is something better out there.
    Everybody's parents are crazy but it's scary when you can prove it.
    REPS:
    NEGS:
    You can trust me with the shipping...
    Good Traderz Thread post #1231, 1463, 2392, 2949

Originally Posted by Secret_Hope View Post
    Nice review! Huperzine A was great for me until I started to get sick. I refuse to finish the bottle. I'll be looking forward to your other reviews. Maybe there is something better out there.
    Thats when you need to cut back on the dose. Or cycle it. For teens I would suggest 1 cap either mon-fri or only as needed. L-Huperzine A is the most effective compound for raising ACh. If you overdo it especially at your age yeah you will probably get sick.

Originally Posted by Secret_Hope View Post
    Thanks! I keep telling myself I need to get them done, but the forums have been bugging the crap out of me and I can never seem to find my own threads.

Originally Posted by uniquenutrition View Post
    Thats when you need to cut back on the dose. Or cycle it. For teens I would suggest 1 cap either mon-fri or only as needed. L-Huperzine A is the most effective compound for raising ACh. If you overdo it especially at your age yeah you will probably get sick.
    Yea, I only took mine Mon-Friday.
    I hope to get my PEA review up soon! Sulbutiamine will follow
    WAR IS PEACE
    FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
    IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Thanks! I keep telling myself I need to get them done, but the forums have been bugging the crap out of me and I can never seem to find my own threads.

Yea, I only took mine Mon-Friday.
    I hope to get my PEA review up soon! Sulbutiamine will follow
    Bump for PEA.

PHENYLETHYLAMINE
    BY:

Where to buy: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/uniq/pea.html

Writeup

What is PEA?

PEA (PhenylEthylAmine) is a neuromodulator (monoamine) in the brain involved in mood and mental alertness related to the neurotransmitter Dopamine (3,4-dihydroxy-phenethylamine). It naturally occurs in some amounts in chocolate, certain algae?s and is produced in small amount in the brain from D-Phenylalanine.
    Phenylethylamine is related to the following neurotransmitters and neuroactive compounds:

Dopamine (3,4-dihydroxy-phenethylamine), Tyramine (4-hydroxy-phenethylamine), Epinepinephrine (?,3,4-trihydroxy-N-methyl-phenethylamine), Ephedrine (N-methyl-?-hydroxy-amphetamine), etc.

Its chemically structural relation to these compounds account for its unique effects on mood, focus, mental alertness, and energy. However its effects are relatively short acting as it is usually broken down by the enzyme MAO-B within several hours. This makes it an ideal short-lived yet safe fast acting compound.

What Does It Do?
    Helps maintain focus, concentration, mood, alertness and effortful attention

: Increases the release of Acetylcholine (Support Memory & Cognition)
    [By stimulating the AMPA glutamtergic receptors]

: Elevate mental alertness
    [By suppressing the inhibitory effects of GABA-B receptors]

: Indirect activation of Dopamine autoreceptors
    [By an increased efflux of newly synthesized dopamine]

Initial Review (taken from log):
    I was extremely tired this morning, I got around 6 and half hours of sleep, but I woke up in the middle of it, so I don't know if I really got any of the good "deep" sleep, what is it called...REM?
    Anyway I took 4 PEA- as I sat down to eat breakfast I noticed it.
    It makes you feel relaxed and all your muscles seem weightless. Right now as I type this my arms are sore, but this morning I don't even remembering feeling my arms, they were weightless! Along with the weightlessness and relaxed feelings, I also felt tingles, most notable in my hands and quads. I also felt a strange sensation in my head, more towards the back. I have to say I love this feeling, you feel no aches, no pains, only tiny little impulses that tell your body you feel awesome!

N/A Capsule Form

When I took PEA, my dad noticed that I had a big old Joker grin across my face. I was very relaxed and felt great the whole time. It works very well in any situation. It is very good to take in the AM to wake you up and kick start you, its good Pre-Workout to get you ready to lift, I also bet it would be a decent drug to take while on a date (feel relaxed and gooooood)

This is the only Nootropic that I was actually able to ?feel? right away. It takes about 30 minutes to kick in. Once it does you feel great mentally, you just really enjoy who you are and feel awesome, and also physically, you feel tingles throughout your body, I noticed them the most in muscles that suffered from DOMS. I felt weightless, refreshed, and happy.
      None. Unless you consider feeling way too damn good a bad thing.

The price at Bodybuilding.com is $27.49 for 120 capsules. The recommended serving size is 1-2 capsules daily. I felt that 1-2 capsules is insufficient and 3 or 4 work A LOT better. The product roughly comes out to $.22 a capsule, which really isn?t bad at all.

Be sure to test out your own dosage. Some people only need 1 capsule to feel the effects, other people like me need 4 capsules to feel that ?sweet spot?. This product is very good, it really gives you a kick, the only problem is it last for only 30 minutes, give or take, depends on what you eat, body weight, etc.
      PEA is surprisingly effective on mood, focus, mental alertness, and energy. I really love this product, except for the short lasting effects. I would definitely try it out just once to see if you like it. It can be used for many things, a pick me up, a pre-workout supp, mood supp, or for just a relaxing time.
      I would not take it everyday, as you could build up a tolerance, but really its not needed everyday anyway. The bottle lasted me a long time. Definitely going to purchase again in the future and make my own Pre-workout concoction,

WAR IS PEACE
    FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
    IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

kappaz is just really nice. (+1000) kappaz is just really nice. (+1000) kappaz is just really nice. (+1000) kappaz is just really nice. (+1000) kappaz is just really nice. (+1000) kappaz is just really nice. (+1000) kappaz is just really nice. (+1000) kappaz is just really nice. (+1000) kappaz is just really nice. (+1000) kappaz is just really nice. (+1000) kappaz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Great reviews, repped.

AronP24 is just really nice. (+1000) AronP24 is just really nice. (+1000) AronP24 is just really nice. (+1000) AronP24 is just really nice. (+1000) AronP24 is just really nice. (+1000) AronP24 is just really nice. (+1000) AronP24 is just really nice. (+1000) AronP24 is just really nice. (+1000) AronP24 is just really nice. (+1000) AronP24 is just really nice. (+1000) AronP24 is just really nice. (+1000)

PHENYLETHYLAMINE
    BY:

Where to buy: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/uniq/pea.html

Writeup

What is PEA?

PEA (PhenylEthylAmine) is a neuromodulator (monoamine) in the brain involved in mood and mental alertness related to the neurotransmitter Dopamine (3,4-dihydroxy-phenethylamine). It naturally occurs in some amounts in chocolate, certain algae?s and is produced in small amount in the brain from D-Phenylalanine.
    Phenylethylamine is related to the following neurotransmitters and neuroactive compounds:

Dopamine (3,4-dihydroxy-phenethylamine), Tyramine (4-hydroxy-phenethylamine), Epinepinephrine (?,3,4-trihydroxy-N-methyl-phenethylamine), Ephedrine (N-methyl-?-hydroxy-amphetamine), etc.

Its chemically structural relation to these compounds account for its unique effects on mood, focus, mental alertness, and energy. However its effects are relatively short acting as it is usually broken down by the enzyme MAO-B within several hours. This makes it an ideal short-lived yet safe fast acting compound.

What Does It Do?
    Helps maintain focus, concentration, mood, alertness and effortful attention

: Increases the release of Acetylcholine (Support Memory & Cognition)
    [By stimulating the AMPA glutamtergic receptors]

: Elevate mental alertness
    [By suppressing the inhibitory effects of GABA-B receptors]

: Indirect activation of Dopamine autoreceptors
    [By an increased efflux of newly synthesized dopamine]

I was extremely tired this morning, I got around 6 and half hours of sleep, but I woke up in the middle of it, so I don't know if I really got any of the good "deep" sleep, what is it called...REM?
    Anyway I took 4 PEA- as I sat down to eat breakfast I noticed it.
    It makes you feel relaxed and all your muscles seem weightless. Right now as I type this my arms are sore, but this morning I don't even remembering feeling my arms, they were weightless! Along with the weightlessness and relaxed feelings, I also felt tingles, most notable in my hands and quads. I also felt a strange sensation in my head, more towards the back. I have to say I love this feeling, you feel no aches, no pains, only tiny little impulses that tell your body you feel awesome!

N/A Capsule Form

When I took PEA, my dad noticed that I had a big old Joker grin across my face. I was very relaxed and felt great the whole time. It works very well in any situation. It is very good to take in the AM to wake you up and kick start you, its good Pre-Workout to get you ready to lift, I also bet it would be a decent drug to take while on a date (feel relaxed and gooooood)

This is the only Nootropic that I was actually able to ?feel? right away. It takes about 30 minutes to kick in. Once it does you feel great mentally, you just really enjoy who you are and feel awesome, and also physically, you feel tingles throughout your body, I noticed them the most in muscles that suffered from DOMS. I felt weightless, refreshed, and happy.
      None. Unless you consider feeling way too damn good a bad thing.

The price at Bodybuilding.com is $27.49 for 120 capsules. The recommended serving size is 1-2 capsules daily. I felt that 1-2 capsules is insufficient and 3 or 4 work A LOT better. The product roughly comes out to $.22 a capsule, which really isn?t bad at all.

Be sure to test out your own dosage. Some people only need 1 capsule to feel the effects, other people like me need 4 capsules to feel that ?sweet spot?. This product is very good, it really gives you a kick, the only problem is it last for only 30 minutes, give or take, depends on what you eat, body weight, etc.
      PEA is surprisingly effective on mood, focus, mental alertness, and energy. I really love this product, except for the short lasting effects. I would definitely try it out just once to see if you like it. It can be used for many things, a pick me up, a pre-workout supp, mood supp, or for just a relaxing time.
      I would not take it everyday, as you could build up a tolerance, but really its not needed everyday anyway. The bottle lasted me a long time. Definitely going to purchase again in the future and make my own Pre-workout concoction,

I too wish that the effects lasted a bit longer...then again I take it 5 days a week 2 pre workout 2 post workout (sometimes 3) so maybe I am building up a tolerance to it....hope not
    "The mystic chords of memory, stretching from every battle-field, and patriot grave, to every living heart and hearth-stone, all over this broad land, will yet swell the chorus of the Union, when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature." A.Lincoln 3/4/1861

WAR DAMN EAGLE! '10 National Champs

Originally Posted by AronP24 View Post
    I too wish that the effects lasted a bit longer...then again I take it 5 days a week 2 pre workout 2 post workout (sometimes 3) so maybe I am building up a tolerance to it....hope not
    Kieltyka34 told me this "You could dose PEA twice a day though I wouldn't make it something common. You'll probably build a tolerance to the "feel good" effects of PEA (at least in my experience/opinion) rather quickly dosing it twice a day."
    WAR IS PEACE
    FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
    IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

SULB review should be up tonight or tomorrow
    WAR IS PEACE
    FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
    IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

SULBUTIAMINE
    BY:

Where to buy: http://bodybuilding.com/store/uniq/sulbutiamine.html

Writeup

What is Sulbutiamine?
    Sulbutiamine (isobutyrylthiamine disulfide) is a novel fat soluble derivative of vitamin B-1 (thiamine) that rapidly and quickly crosses the blood-brain barrier.
    Developed by the amazing French pharmaceutical company Servier under the name Arcalion for mental and physical exhaustion.It has been shown to promote wakefulness, anti fatigue, long-term memory, improve response to stress, and have a positive effect on mood.

-Neurochemical effects-

: Enhances working and episodic memory (through NDMA modulation)

: Acts on the nervous structures responsible for physical activity, attention, and wakefulness

: Helps tired organs to recover its mental and physical capacities

: Improves motor coordination and resistance to muscular fatigue and awakening state

-Dose-
    1-4 capsules daily with a snack or meal containing fat.

-When can I feel it?-
    Can be noticed within a few hours to a few days.

N/A Capsule Form

• Focus: scale of 1-10= 5
      I took Sulbutiamine every morning with fat as it states to. I stayed awake in classes and at work, but I was still pretty lethargic.I think the effects were extremely minimal and I never really "felt" energy. The claims of wakefulness and alertness didn't shine through to me at all.
    • Results: scale of 1-10= 7
      Well I made it through a rough summer of working and schooling. I did not have any extra energy outside of what I usually had. Maybe a little at best, but nothing extraordinary, and I never really felt a difference in mood either. However, I did notice that my body was slightly more refreshed. One weekend I completely passed out due to exhaustion and just slept all day ( I had not taken SULB that day). I took SULB the next day and for the rest of the week and felt slightly better, but I really crashed for that one weekend. I think SULB may have helped with recovery physically and mentally.
      None that I was aware of.
      At bodybuilding.com the price is listed as $19.99. There are 60 capsules (300 mg) in one bottle. Directions state take 1-2 capsules daily or as needed with meals. This is at least a 1 month supply, depending on how well it effects you, or when you need it. The price seems to be a little steep to me for what it does.
    • Overall: scale of 1-10= 6
      I was just not impressed with Sulbutiamine. I was really big into PEA, Picamilon and Hup-A, and this was a big let down for me. I can't really say I ever felt anything from it, maybe I was truly a non-responder.
      Anyway, just because it didn't work for me does not mean it is a bad product.
      Check out these logs here, it seems several of the testers really enjoyed the product.

Dedicatedforlif's Unique Nutrition Sulbutiamine Log
      http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3565071

Envy?s Actin A Fool with Nootropics
      http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3258281

Lethaljd
      http://www.mindandmuscle.net/forum/i...howtopic=29455

GetBustered
      http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3508361

Thank you Steve/ Unique Nutrition for allowing me to experience this great product! And thanks to everyone who has been offering advice/comments etc. in my log[/QUOTE]
    WAR IS PEACE
    FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
    IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

SULBUTIAMINE
    BY:

Where to buy: http://bodybuilding.com/store/uniq/sulbutiamine.html

Writeup

What is Sulbutiamine?
    Sulbutiamine (isobutyrylthiamine disulfide) is a novel fat soluble derivative of vitamin B-1 (thiamine) that rapidly and quickly crosses the blood-brain barrier.
    Developed by the amazing French pharmaceutical company Servier under the name Arcalion for mental and physical exhaustion.It has been shown to promote wakefulness, anti fatigue, long-term memory, improve response to stress, and have a positive effect on mood.

-Neurochemical effects-

: Enhances working and episodic memory (through NDMA modulation)

: Acts on the nervous structures responsible for physical activity, attention, and wakefulness

: Helps tired organs to recover its mental and physical capacities

: Improves motor coordination and resistance to muscular fatigue and awakening state

-Dose-
    1-4 capsules daily with a snack or meal containing fat.

-When can I feel it?-
    Can be noticed within a few hours to a few days.

N/A Capsule Form

• Focus: scale of 1-10= 5
      I took Sulbutiamine every morning with fat as it states to. I stayed awake in classes and at work, but I was still pretty lethargic.I think the effects were extremely minimal and I never really "felt" energy. The claims of wakefulness and alertness didn't shine through to me at all.
    • Results: scale of 1-10= 7
      Well I made it through a rough summer of working and schooling. I did not have any extra energy outside of what I usually had. Maybe a little at best, but nothing extraordinary, and I never really felt a difference in mood either. However, I did notice that my body was slightly more refreshed. One weekend I completely passed out due to exhaustion and just slept all day ( I had not taken SULB that day). I took SULB the next day and for the rest of the week and felt slightly better, but I really crashed for that one weekend. I think SULB may have helped with recovery physically and mentally.
      None that I was aware of.
      At bodybuilding.com the price is listed as $19.99. There are 60 capsules (300 mg) in one bottle. Directions state take 1-2 capsules daily or as needed with meals. This is at least a 1 month supply, depending on how well it effects you, or when you need it. The price seems to be a little steep to me for what it does.
    • Overall: scale of 1-10= 6
      I was just not impressed with Sulbutiamine. I was really big into PEA, Picamilon and Hup-A, and this was a big let down for me. I can't really say I ever felt anything from it, maybe I was truly a non-responder.
      Anyway, just because it didn't work for me does not mean it is a bad product.
      Check out these logs here, it seems several of the testers really enjoyed the product.

Dedicatedforlif's Unique Nutrition Sulbutiamine Log
      http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3565071

Envy?s Actin A Fool with Nootropics
      http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3258281

Lethaljd
      http://www.mindandmuscle.net/forum/i...howtopic=29455

GetBustered
      http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3508361

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for taking the time to log it! While not all nootropics work for everyone most of them seem to respond very well.

Can I interest you in logging L-Theanine and Aniracetam?

ANIRACETAM
    BY:

Where to buy: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/uniq/aniracetam.html

My Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=6504801

Writeup

What is Aniracetam?

Aniracetam is an amino acid-like compound that clinically studies suggest can enhance perception, memory, focus, concentration, and creativity. Aniracetam increases communication between the two hemispheres of the brain and stimulates AMPA and NMDA receptor sites shown to be important in memory formation and concentration.

While it shares many of Piracetam?s effects on the brain it has two main unique advantages Piracetam does not have:

1. Being fat soluble it has far better penetration into the brain through the blood brain barrier and is longer lasting.
    2. It is a potent stimulator of the brain?s Glutamate AMPA (alpha-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazolepropionic acid) receptors.

AMPA receptor research is considering an exciting development in studying and enhancing cognition. Such compounds that effect AMPA receptors are called Ampakines.

What Does It Do?
    Neurochemical Effects

* Positive allosteric modulator of AMPA receptors (Ampakine)
    * Enhances glutamatergic neurotransmission, long term potentiation, synaptic transmission, neurotrophin expression, and impulsivity.
    * Potentiates alpha 4 beta 2-type nicotinic acetylcholine receptors
    * Supprots memory & facilitates dual dopaminergic/serotonergic transmission
    * Regulates calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase (CaMKII)
    * Elevates memory consolidation
    * Modulates Serotonin 5-HT2A and dopamine D2 receptors
    * Improves Cerebral Glucose Metabolism

Aniracetam, so much to say. At first I was skeptical, I couldn't really notice much. After the first few times of dosing with 3 caps I finally felt it kick in. Its nothing something that immediately hits you and you can feel it, although one time I did notice a strange sensation. My study skills have improved tremendously. Usually when I am at the library, I read for about 30 minutes, get extremely tired or bored, take a 10 minute nap, reread what I read, and keep going. Now, I read the material once or twice and I still remember most of it and I actually feel like I have a better understanding of the material, only after reading it once!
    I figure a few test grades would convince you as well
    Health Care Ethics: 98%
    Adv. O Chem II: 93%
    Anatomy & Physiology II: 94%
    Microbiology: Just took it yesterday, but I felt like I did very well

Number of days taken: 1 full bottle (60 caps)
      N/A Capsule Form

My only other experience with memory enhancing nootropics is with L-Huperzine A, so I wasn't sure what to expect. Aniracetams effects were not immediately noticable, as they take a while to build up in the brain, but I did notice that my studying seemed to be improving and that my grades were increasing. I actually ended up cutting a lot of my study time in the library down and actually improved my grades. Usually when I study I have to read the same thing 3-4 times to remember the important details. Yet, when I took Aniracetam, I noticed that I only needed to read things like Anatomy & Physiology once to understand where/how/ and what everything does in the body.
      None.

The price is somewhat expensive, depending on how you dose it. Aniracetams are supposed to be taken in high doses and then gradually decreased because they build up, so it depends per individual on how long a bottle of 60 caps will last you.

• Overall: scale of 1-10= 8
      I was impressed by Aniracetam. One of my friends noticed my grades improving dramatically and commented that I must be taking some sort of brain steroid and I kind of chuckled at the time, but now that I think about Aniracetam really does have some effect on the brain. This is not going to turn someone into Einstein over night, but it will improve certain cognitive skills over time. It is definitely worth a try to see how it may hope you increase your study/memory skills. I would definitely like to stack this in the future with some L-Huperzine A.
      Thanks Steve and the CN/ UN Crew for letting me log this. I still have a lot of L-Theanine to log. So expect a review sometime in the future when thats done.
    WAR IS PEACE
    FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
    IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH