Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How are figure competitions judged?

I'm going out on a limb and hoping I can get some mature, educated guess responses in the ifbb forum.

I've been lifting for 7 years now but have only really been into bodybuilding for the last 2 of those years and im JUST now really starting to see how they're judged. Before, like most, I just saw a bunch of big mofos on stage. I knew nothing bout conditioning, lines, etc. However, I'mm put through the paces again i was watching the olympia this year on bb.com and i find myself in the same place i was 2 years ago. How do they judge these girls? 90% of them are hot, they're all slightly toned, heavily tanned, with crest kid smiles. Any body got any ideas?

I Am Teh Lolrus stealth_swimmer's Avatar
    stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have yet to discover how figure shows are judged as well. Obviously they got the same criteria but the overall "look" the judges seek is different, and I have no idea what that look is supposed to be.

Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by stealth_swimmer View Post
    I have yet to discover how figure shows are judged as well. Obviously they got the same criteria but the overall "look" the judges seek is different, and I have no idea what that look is supposed to be.
    all im aware of from what i've heard charles glass talk about in "the fit show" is that they don't want to come on stage looking too hard like a female bodybuilder. thats the extent of my knowledge ha

mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It does seem to be a big mystery. I've never heard anyone explain the judging criteria very well. And the criteria seems to keep changing. It's basically a shape/symmetry/proportion round only - and you can't be too ripped or too muscular. It's always been vague.

dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Figure has been consistently inconsistent.
    NPC Bodybuilder, Mother and Hater Extraordinaire

Sponsored by Prep & Rep Kitchen

I Am Teh Lolrus stealth_swimmer's Avatar
    stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by dvsness View Post
    Figure has been consistently inconsistent.
    x2, seems like they go for a different look each time to me, lol

Nuki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nuki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nuki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nuki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nuki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nuki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nuki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nuki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nuki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nuki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nuki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I still think they look so much better when they're not in competition shape... But yeah, that's off topic.

I also agree with the op, what is the criteria exactly and why does it change so much?

Not like male bb shows are 100% objective but from the little I've seen of figure shows ... figure judging makes no sense at all.

siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by stealth_swimmer View Post
    x2, seems like they go for a different look each time to me, lol
    yea they jsut share it around... they dont want it to be a freak contest and they dont want it to be an anorexic or too low body fat...

its basically who is hottest

edit: and maybe whos dick/pussy they lick
    I wish it lasted, forever.

Is still the same size WaterBlender's Avatar
    WaterBlender will become famous soon enough. (+50) WaterBlender will become famous soon enough. (+50) WaterBlender will become famous soon enough. (+50) WaterBlender will become famous soon enough. (+50) WaterBlender will become famous soon enough. (+50) WaterBlender will become famous soon enough. (+50) WaterBlender will become famous soon enough. (+50) WaterBlender will become famous soon enough. (+50) WaterBlender will become famous soon enough. (+50) WaterBlender will become famous soon enough. (+50) WaterBlender will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    went through the ifbb rulebook for you guys.

found this:

51.1 Assessment of Round 1 (Two-Piece Bikini):
    Round 1 (Two-Piece Bikini) will be assessed using the following
    criteria:
    1. The judge should first assess the overall athletic
    appearance of the physique. This assessment should
    begin at the head and extend downwards, taking the
    whole physique into account. The assessment,
    beginning with a general impression of the physique,
    should take into consideration the hair and facial
    beauty; the overall athletic development of the
    musculature; the presentation of a balanced,
    symmetrically developed physique; the condition of the
    skin and the skin tone; and the athlete?s ability to
    present herself with confidence, poise and grace.

2. The physique should be assessed as to its level of
    overall muscle tone, achieved through athletic
    endeavors. The muscle groups should have a round and
    firm appearance with a small amount of body fat. The
    physique should neither be excessively muscular nor
    excessively lean and should be free from deep muscle
    separation and/or striations. Physiques that are
    considered either too muscular or too lean must be
    marked down.

3. The assessment should also take into consideration the
    tightness and tone of the skin. The skin tone should be
    smooth and healthy in appearance, and without cellulite.
    The face, hair and makeup should complement the
    ?Total Package? presented by the athlete.

4. The judge?s assessment of the athlete?s physique should
    include the athlete?s entire presentation, from the
    moment she walks onstage until the moment she walks
    offstage. At all times, the fitness competitor must be
    viewed with the emphasis on a ?healthy, fit, athletic?
    physique, in an attractively presented ?Total Package?.

for the second round, they added this in judging:

5. The judges must be mindful of the fact that a
    competitor may present a different ?Total Package?
    while wearing a swimsuit with high-heels as opposed to
    a bikini with high-heels. Therefore, judges must ensure
    that this round is judged from a ?fresh? perspective,
    ensuring that all competitors receive a fair assessment
    based upon their attire in this round.

if you guys read that carefully, their hair and make-up actually affects how they are judged overall. wtf.
    la'illaha'illallah muhammadan'rasuulallah

best of health to you serge, comeback soon!

pssst, global warming is BS, we aren't the cause, but that doesn't mean we should stop trying to take care of the environment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zOXmJ4jd-8 (1:30)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5J7JNfLYco (short)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHATItyOsdY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5frDU5oRtD0

captainhorseboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) captainhorseboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) captainhorseboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) captainhorseboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) captainhorseboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) captainhorseboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) captainhorseboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) captainhorseboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) captainhorseboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) captainhorseboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) captainhorseboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i think they lay their penises on graph paper and they calculate the distance moved during the routines
    Excuse me, your seatbelt seems to be broken. What do you recommend I do?

dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by captainhorseboy View Post
    i think they lay their penises on graph paper and they calculate the distance moved during the routines
    Since when does Figure have a routine?

captainhorseboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) captainhorseboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) captainhorseboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) captainhorseboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) captainhorseboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) captainhorseboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) captainhorseboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) captainhorseboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) captainhorseboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) captainhorseboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) captainhorseboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    there are no posing routines? hmm then when do the judges measure the movement of their boners?

Originally Posted by captainhorseboy View Post
    there are no posing routines? hmm then when do the judges measure the movement of their boners?

you'll have to excuse him. I knew this thread would attract the immature and dumb at some point or another. to answer hboy, that would be fitness competition with the routine not figure.

Originally Posted by WaterBlender View Post

if you guys read that carefully, their hair and make-up actually affects how they are judged overall. wtf.
    Well first i wanna say good find on the rulebook, i'd rep if i wasn't in a sea of red myself. anyways, if you look in male bodybuilding rules i'm pretty sure the way they're groomed is mentioned in there as well.

Originally Posted by Behemoth1 View Post
    you'll have to excuse him. I knew this thread would attract the immature and dumb at some point or another. to answer hboy, that would be fitness competition with the routine not figure.
    i was half messing around only, i mean i think that figure serves the purpose of bringing some hotness to comps and offsets the kinda homo leanings of male bb-ing, thats just how i see it. its a marketable aspect of it, and i think that the ambiguity of function is why there is some inconsistency in its perception

morderstwo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morderstwo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morderstwo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morderstwo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morderstwo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morderstwo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morderstwo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morderstwo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morderstwo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morderstwo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morderstwo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    all the judging of these happens behind the scenes if u know what i mean.

antish has a spectacular aura about. (+250) antish has a spectacular aura about. (+250) antish has a spectacular aura about. (+250) antish has a spectacular aura about. (+250) antish has a spectacular aura about. (+250) antish has a spectacular aura about. (+250) antish has a spectacular aura about. (+250) antish has a spectacular aura about. (+250) antish has a spectacular aura about. (+250) antish has a spectacular aura about. (+250) antish has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i got your routine in my favorites:P

wlf.vik83 is just really nice. (+1000) wlf.vik83 is just really nice. (+1000) wlf.vik83 is just really nice. (+1000) wlf.vik83 is just really nice. (+1000) wlf.vik83 is just really nice. (+1000) wlf.vik83 is just really nice. (+1000) wlf.vik83 is just really nice. (+1000) wlf.vik83 is just really nice. (+1000) wlf.vik83 is just really nice. (+1000) wlf.vik83 is just really nice. (+1000) wlf.vik83 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Antish.. bro where have you been?
    CAUTION: This user may use sarcasm and cynicism in a way you are not accustomed to.
    ► WKEA ◄
    *TEAM KAI*
    *TEAM WOLF*

curqleez is on a distinguished road. (+10) curqleez is on a distinguished road. (+10) curqleez is on a distinguished road. (+10) curqleez is on a distinguished road. (+10) curqleez is on a distinguished road. (+10) curqleez is on a distinguished road. (+10) curqleez is on a distinguished road. (+10) curqleez is on a distinguished road. (+10) curqleez is on a distinguished road. (+10) curqleez is on a distinguished road. (+10) curqleez is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by WaterBlender View Post
    went through the ifbb rulebook for you guys.

found this:

51.1 Assessment of Round 1 (Two-Piece Bikini):
    Round 1 (Two-Piece Bikini) will be assessed using the following
    criteria:
    1. The judge should first assess the overall athletic
    appearance of the physique. This assessment should
    begin at the head and extend downwards, taking the
    whole physique into account. The assessment,
    beginning with a general impression of the physique,
    should take into consideration the hair and facial
    beauty; the overall athletic development of the
    musculature; the presentation of a balanced,
    symmetrically developed physique; the condition of the
    skin and the skin tone; and the athlete?s ability to
    present herself with confidence, poise and grace.

2. The physique should be assessed as to its level of
    overall muscle tone, achieved through athletic
    endeavors. The muscle groups should have a round and
    firm appearance with a small amount of body fat. The
    physique should neither be excessively muscular nor
    excessively lean and should be free from deep muscle
    separation and/or striations. Physiques that are
    considered either too muscular or too lean must be
    marked down.

3. The assessment should also take into consideration the
    tightness and tone of the skin. The skin tone should be
    smooth and healthy in appearance, and without cellulite.
    The face, hair and makeup should complement the
    ?Total Package? presented by the athlete.

4. The judge?s assessment of the athlete?s physique should
    include the athlete?s entire presentation, from the
    moment she walks onstage until the moment she walks
    offstage. At all times, the fitness competitor must be
    viewed with the emphasis on a ?healthy, fit, athletic?
    physique, in an attractively presented ?Total Package?.

for the second round, they added this in judging:

5. The judges must be mindful of the fact that a
    competitor may present a different ?Total Package?
    while wearing a swimsuit with high-heels as opposed to
    a bikini with high-heels. Therefore, judges must ensure
    that this round is judged from a ?fresh? perspective,
    ensuring that all competitors receive a fair assessment
    based upon their attire in this round.

This is for fitness not figure.

antish has a spectacular aura about. (+250) antish has a spectacular aura about. (+250) antish has a spectacular aura about. (+250) antish has a spectacular aura about. (+250) antish has a spectacular aura about. (+250) antish has a spectacular aura about. (+250) antish has a spectacular aura about. (+250) antish has a spectacular aura about. (+250) antish has a spectacular aura about. (+250) antish has a spectacular aura about. (+250) antish has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by wlf.vik83 View Post
    Antish.. bro where have you been?
    bz at work. i've been working on shifts.my job's the worst in the world.lol.
    hw about you?

anyway vanessa adams, keep the good work up!

wlf.vik83 is just really nice. (+1000) wlf.vik83 is just really nice. (+1000) wlf.vik83 is just really nice. (+1000) wlf.vik83 is just really nice. (+1000) wlf.vik83 is just really nice. (+1000) wlf.vik83 is just really nice. (+1000) wlf.vik83 is just really nice. (+1000) wlf.vik83 is just really nice. (+1000) wlf.vik83 is just really nice. (+1000) wlf.vik83 is just really nice. (+1000) wlf.vik83 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by antish View Post
    bz at work. i've been working on shifts.my job's the worst in the world.lol.
    hw about you?

anyway vanessa adams, keep the good work up!
    I am doing good. Missed u around the boards. BTW... ur PM box is full.
    CAUTION: This user may use sarcasm and cynicism in a way you are not accustomed to.
    ► WKEA ◄
    *TEAM KAI*
    *TEAM WOLF*

Originally Posted by antish View Post
    i got your routine in my favorites
    Ugh, I was such a twig.

Is still the same size WaterBlender's Avatar
    WaterBlender will become famous soon enough. (+50) WaterBlender will become famous soon enough. (+50) WaterBlender will become famous soon enough. (+50) WaterBlender will become famous soon enough. (+50) WaterBlender will become famous soon enough. (+50) WaterBlender will become famous soon enough. (+50) WaterBlender will become famous soon enough. (+50) WaterBlender will become famous soon enough. (+50) WaterBlender will become famous soon enough. (+50) WaterBlender will become famous soon enough. (+50) WaterBlender will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by curqleez View Post
    This is for fitness not figure.
    i looked carefully, there was a fitness section and fitness body/body fitness section.

didn't have any section called figure so i just put 2 and 2 together.

tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    the hottest one..this isnt complex

Victorian guy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Victorian guy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Victorian guy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Victorian guy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Victorian guy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Victorian guy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Victorian guy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Victorian guy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Victorian guy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Victorian guy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Victorian guy will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Who cares?

It's a bimbo fest, added in to make sure everyone knows bodybuilding is NOT gay. Why do they put the girls in the mags, on the covers...if I want playboy pics I'll buy Playboy. The whole sidebar 'fitness' stuff and the pretty girls at booths, etc, is that the sponsors and magazine publishers want to be as overtly heterosexual as possible. Otherwise it's magazines and contests with muscled oiled up guys in thongs. Add in the girls to remind everyone bbding is not gay.

Originally Posted by Victorian guy View Post
    It's a bimbo fest, added in to make sure everyone knows bodybuilding is NOT gay. Why do they put the girls in the mags, on the covers...if I want playboy pics I'll buy Playboy. The whole sidebar 'fitness' stuff and the pretty girls at booths, etc, is that the sponsors and magazine publishers want to be as overtly heterosexual as possible. Otherwise it's magazines and contests with muscled oiled up guys in thongs. Add in the girls to remind everyone bbding is not gay.
    Who cares? Maybe the women that train and diet for these competitions care. Did it ever occur to you that these 'pretty girls at booths' bust their asses to compete as well?