Robert H. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question I need advice from a personal trainer

I am disabled and trying to get ready to compete. I have tried many workout programs, most have helped in some way, but I still need some help. I weigh about 190 lbs. I don't believe that I am a hard gainer, I just want to put on weight and muscle. My question is what kind of split should I do? Please help. Any Info would be a help.

Registered User eddiegoodfellar's Avatar
    eddiegoodfellar is just really nice. (+1000) eddiegoodfellar is just really nice. (+1000) eddiegoodfellar is just really nice. (+1000) eddiegoodfellar is just really nice. (+1000) eddiegoodfellar is just really nice. (+1000) eddiegoodfellar is just really nice. (+1000) eddiegoodfellar is just really nice. (+1000) eddiegoodfellar is just really nice. (+1000) eddiegoodfellar is just really nice. (+1000) eddiegoodfellar is just really nice. (+1000) eddiegoodfellar is just really nice. (+1000)
    i think you may get more answers if we knew in which way you are disabled so we know what you can and cant do (ex are you in a wheelchair etc..)

i'll help you if i can

Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Re: I need advice from a personal trainer

Originally posted by Robert H.
    I am disabled and trying to get ready to compete. I have tried many workout programs, most have helped in some way, but I still need some help. I weigh about 190 lbs. I don't believe that I am a hard gainer, I just want to put on weight and muscle. My question is what kind of split should I do? Please help. Any Info would be a help.
    Like eddie said, we need to know in which way you are disabled. This will help us out. I admire you though for trying to reach your goals even though you have some problems along the way.
    The Beginner's Guide to Bodybuilding

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=101841

Needed Info Regarding Need Advice....

I have a form of CP that only effects my legs, I can walk but I don't have the best balence. So I have to use machines, or if I use free weights I have to be sitting. It's not the best sometimes for the workout but it is what I can do. I do most exercises....Smith Machines are a good thing, so are Hammer Strength Machines. I can do some standing exercises if I can use a single dumbell. I do most leg exercises but they are very tough to say the least. I hope this wil help.

eddiegoodfellar is just really nice. (+1000) eddiegoodfellar is just really nice. (+1000) eddiegoodfellar is just really nice. (+1000) eddiegoodfellar is just really nice. (+1000) eddiegoodfellar is just really nice. (+1000) eddiegoodfellar is just really nice. (+1000) eddiegoodfellar is just really nice. (+1000) eddiegoodfellar is just really nice. (+1000) eddiegoodfellar is just really nice. (+1000) eddiegoodfellar is just really nice. (+1000) eddiegoodfellar is just really nice. (+1000)
    well i would suggest a 4 day split somthing like this

monday chest/tries

tuesday abs/traps/forearms

wed legs/shoulder

thurs off

friday back/bis

sat and sun off

Chest
    Decline dumball pree 3x 4-6
    cable crossovers 3x6-9
    flat benchpress 3x4-6
    dips end of workout though 3x6

tries
    skull crusher 3x6
    close grip bench press 3x6
    reverse cable curl pull downs 3x6

abs
    weighted incline situps, weighted crunches, and leg raises
    (pick what ever sets and rep you prefer........)

traps
    dumbell raises till you drop

forearms
    wrist curls
    behind the neck wrist curls
    farmers walk
    all the weight you can handle for forearms

Legs
    leg press 3x6
    leg extensions 3x6
    leg curls 3x6
    hack squat machine 3x 6

Shoulder
    military press 3x6-8
    lateral raises 2x8
    bent over raises 2x8
    arnold raises 2x8

Back
    bent over rows 3x6
    cable rows 3x6
    lat pull downs 3x6
    back extensions 3x6
    deads (if balance allows) 3x5

bis
    barbell curls 3x6
    dumbell curls 2x 6
    one are preacher curls 2x6
    cable curls 2x6

and eat all you can!
    hope thsi helps

Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Re: Needed Info Regarding Need Advice....

I have a form of CP that only effects my legs, I can walk but I don't have the best balence. So I have to use machines, or if I use free weights I have to be sitting. It's not the best sometimes for the workout but it is what I can do. I do most exercises....Smith Machines are a good thing, so are Hammer Strength Machines. I can do some standing exercises if I can use a single dumbell. I do most leg exercises but they are very tough to say the least. I hope this wil help.
    Are you able to do the following:

Any chest exercise that requieres you to lay down?

leg extensions and leg curls

Inclince and preacher curls?

Seated military press and seated lateral raises?

Pullups, one armed dumbell row, hyper extensions?

I assume you can't do deadlifts and squats. If you answer those questions, I can help pull together a split for you.

sorry id didnt think to ask how bad it is before i put together that split like Sychokid said what are you able to do as of now?

It's ok. I can do any type of exercise which allows me to sit or lie down. I do squats with a smith Machine, that is tough, but at least I can do them that way. Otherwise, I can do all exercises that were asked about or listed.

It's ok. I can do any type of exercise which allows me to sit or lie down. I do squats with a smith Machine, that is tough, but at least I can do them that way. Otherwise, I can do all exercises that were asked about or listed.
    Even deadlifts? Okay I think I came up witht he best split I could of that mostly has you sitting/lying. I only need to know one thing. What would you like as in terms of days per week? If i know your time schedule and when you can workout, it will be easier.

Yes, I believe I could do Deadlifts, I think there is equipment there to help me with that. I lik a four day split. It gives me a little me flexibiliy with my schedule. My workouts last anywhere between an hour to an hour and fifteen minutes. I usually workout before going to work in the mornings. (I could do five days if it would be better, I don't want to do less than four because the workouts help me tolerate my disability.)

Yes, I believe I could do Deadlifts, I think there is equipment there to help me with that. I lik a four day split. It gives me a little me flexibiliy with my schedule. My workouts last anywhere between an hour to an hour and fifteen minutes. I usually workout before going to work in the mornings. (I could do five days if it would be better, I don't want to do less than four because the workouts help me tolerate my disability.)
    In that case, a four day split it is . There are two four day splits I liked the best. You can pick anyone you think is better:

Chest/triceps

Flat Bench Press 3 sets
    Incline Dumbell Press 3 sets
    Dips (leaning foward) [if can't do then any isolation ovement for the chest]) 2 sets
    Close-grip Bench Press 3 sets
    Skull Crushers 2 sets

Back/biceps

Laying down barbell rows 3 sets
    http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...rLyingRow.html
    Shoulder width pullups (palms facing foward and weighted if it can be done over 10 reps. If can't be done, then cable seated row.) 2 sets
    Deadlifts 3 sets
    Barbell Curls 3 sets
    Incline curls 2 sets

rest

legs

Squats (if you can't then leg press) 3 sets
    Stiff legged deadlifts (if you can) 3 sets
    leg extensions 2 sets
    leg curls 2 sets
    Seated Calf raises 3 sets

Shoulders/traps
    Seated military or dumbell press 3 sets
    Seated lateral raises 2 sets
    seated rear lateral raises 2 sets http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...eralRaise.html
    Seated Dumbell shrugs 3 sets

or

chest/shoulders
    Flat Bench Press 3 sets
    Incline Bench press 3 sets
    Flat flyes 2 sets
    Military Press 3 sets
    Lateral raises 2 sets

Back/traps
    laying barbell rows 3 sets
    pullups or seatd rows (which ever you can do) 2-3 sets
    One armed dumbell rows 2 sets
    deadlifts 3 sets
    seated dumbell Shrugs 2 sets

rest

legs
    Squats (if you can't then leg press) 3 sets
    Stiff legged deadlifts (if you can) 3 sets
    leg extensions 2 sets
    leg curls 2 sets
    Seated Calf raises 3 sets

arms
    Barbell curls 3 sets
    Incline hammer curls 2 sets
    seated preacher curls 1 set
    Close-grip Bench Press 3 sets
    Skull Crushers 2 sets
    Tricep dips (if can't do then seated tricep extension) 1 set
    Behind back wrist curls 1 set
    Reverse wrist curls 1 set

Reps should be done in the 5-10 range. Post again if you have any questions.