Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by slippin View Post
    Seems kinda low to do much good. Where did you see this? I've been re-reading his book The Ketogenic Diet and haven't seen anything like that.
    I can't remember where I saw it. But I think either on his forum or in the PSMF book. I just read through UD2.0 to see if it was in there, but he does say that 25-30g will make you stronger by raising blood glucose to low-normal levels.

(yea, it was in the PSMF book).

slippin will become famous soon enough. (+50) slippin will become famous soon enough. (+50) slippin will become famous soon enough. (+50) slippin will become famous soon enough. (+50) slippin will become famous soon enough. (+50) slippin will become famous soon enough. (+50) slippin will become famous soon enough. (+50) slippin will become famous soon enough. (+50) slippin will become famous soon enough. (+50) slippin will become famous soon enough. (+50) slippin will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Day 20

Day 20

Today starts my second carb load. As I stated above I will be officially reporting my weight and measurements every Sat before starting my carb load.

Some weird stuff going on with my measurements today.

Day 20
    Weight: 165.4 lbs
    BF Percentage: 9% (Calipers done 1/14/08)
    Waist: 31" -0.5 in. from last week
    Bicep: 14", 15.5" flexed -0.5 in. un-flexed, same as last week flexed
    Forearm: 12"
    Chest: 37.5" +0.5 in. from last week
    Quad: 22"
    Calf: 14.25" -0.5 in. from last week

So, from last Saturday my weight is up 0.6 lbs, my waist is down 1/2 inch, chest is up 1/2 inch, relaxed arm down 1/2 inch and calf down 1/2 inch. I use a MyoTape to do my measurements, so it's pretty hard to screw up with one of those. The measurements make no sense to me.

Regarding my fatigue this past week, I think it had a lot to do with my botched depletion workout and carb load last weekend. Because I was nauseous most of last Sat, I only pulled 2000 cals that day. Today I decided to do a depletion workout as defined in The Ketogenic Diet by Lyle McDonald. I got up at 5am, weighed in, took measurements/pictures and had 2/3 cup of oats with a scoop of whey. Two and a half hours later I had a large banana and 1 cup pudding. Two hours after that I started my circuit depletion workout that looked like this:

Leg Extension: 4x20
    Chest Press: 4x20
    Narrow Grip Row: 4x20
    Leg Curl: 4x20
    Shoulder Press: 4x20
    Undergrip Pulldowns: 4x20
    Calf Raises: 4x20
    Tricep Pushdowns: 4x20
    BB Curls: 4x20
    Hanging Leg Raises: 4x20

I went real light to try and avoid over training. By the 4th set I could feel muscles failing to contract indicating a good level of depletion. Had 65g carbs when I got home in the form of waffles, lol.

This weeks pictures are on the right for comparison to last week. Not sure if there's much change but I certainly feel leaner and have noticed more separation in areas like arms and shoulders. Looks like the girlfriend was a little closer taking the front pic and lighting seems off in the second pic.

The trainer who did my body fat taught me how to make my abs pop a little better, so below is a pic of my trying that and a back shot.

I'm considering shaving my quads so I can get a good picture of them.

I'm a little pressed for time today so I gotta get going!

-slip
    My Anabolic Diet cutting log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=6584801

My 8 Month Transformation:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=6640721

stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You have a great physique man. Great job with everything. I've been on Keto for 3 days but I'm thinking about switching to the AD next weekend and have my first carb up or whatever it's called on AD. I like the structure better.

Man I want to look like that! I think the 6 inches I have on you in height slows me down.
    I'm an athlete

adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    holy **** you look great man
    i am startign the anabolic diet today
    i hope to look that good by summer
    my blogs
    howigotripped.wordpress.com
    submissiongrappling.wordpress.com

nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Day 20

The trainer who did my body fat taught me how to make my abs pop a little better, so below is a pic of my trying that and a back shot.

-slip
    Slip- idk what you mean about feeling small- looking huge and cut for 165! Back shot looks good- shoulders and delts are solid, deep tricep horseshoe. New pics overall show some enhanced definition- more noticeable in upper pecs? So perhaps your new measurement is correct (not weird).

Add some Xtend into your workouts. As far as endurance goes, heard lots of great feedback on it. I'm going to include that in my next log when I start back up on Tuesday.
    Last edited by northback; 01-20-2008 at 04:26 PM.

granma lifts more than u! ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT!'s Avatar
    ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000)
    his 666'th post he's asking what kinda weird ..
    now THAT'S weird yo ..

:cue Twilight Zone music now:
    just lift HEAVY A$$ weights & eat on dat healthy isht . * hellabutt psychology 101 *

I ate 3690 cals today .. 275 fat / 269 protein / 25g carbs ~ 8g fiber

yes my head was hurting from all dem dere ketones

the woo is on a distinguished road. (+10) the woo is on a distinguished road. (+10) the woo is on a distinguished road. (+10) the woo is on a distinguished road. (+10) the woo is on a distinguished road. (+10) the woo is on a distinguished road. (+10) the woo is on a distinguished road. (+10) the woo is on a distinguished road. (+10) the woo is on a distinguished road. (+10) the woo is on a distinguished road. (+10) the woo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by MrLovrLovr View Post
    his 666'th post he's asking what kinda weird ..
    now THAT'S weird yo ..

:cue Twilight Zone music now:
    haha never even noticed

slippin will become famous soon enough. (+50) slippin will become famous soon enough. (+50) slippin will become famous soon enough. (+50) slippin will become famous soon enough. (+50) slippin will become famous soon enough. (+50) slippin will become famous soon enough. (+50) slippin will become famous soon enough. (+50) slippin will become famous soon enough. (+50) slippin will become famous soon enough. (+50) slippin will become famous soon enough. (+50) slippin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by stewaat View Post
    You have a great physique man. Great job with everything. I've been on Keto for 3 days but I'm thinking about switching to the AD next weekend and have my first carb up or whatever it's called on AD. I like the structure better.

Man I want to look like that! I think the 6 inches I have on you in height slows me down.
    A CKD as defined in The Ketogenic Diet by Lyle McDonald is actually more structured than the AD. Lyle lays out guidelines for depletion workouts and carb loads which serve as a great starting point. DiPasquale rules for a carb load are very loose.

So far the only real difference I see between the AD and a traditional CKD are a slight difference in macros and guidelines for cutting. DiPasquale actually recommends reducing calories by reducing fat intake once fat adapted. His reasoning is that the body will turn to using stored body fat for energy.

Originally Posted by northback View Post
    Slip- idk what you mean about feeling small- looking huge and cut for 165! Back shot looks good- shoulders and delts are solid, deep tricep horseshoe. New pics overall show some enhanced definition- more noticeable in upper pecs? So perhaps your new measurement is correct (not weird).
    Thanks man. You know, I'm starting to think the change in measurements may be due to uneven glycogen depletion in my muscles. Or some strange shifting in water that takes place on a high fat diet. I find it strange my weight went up slightly but my waist when down half an inch. I know in the AD, DiPasquale states a high fat diet increases testosterone/GH and many attribute weight gain while leaning out to this, but I thought it was just a way for him to "sell" the diet.

Add some Xtend into your workouts. As far as endurance goes, heard lots of great feedback on it. I'm going to include that in my next log when I start back up on Tuesday.
    Yeah, I need to look into this stuff. I'm not a big supplement guy at all, but if things don't improve this week I'll need to do something. Does Xtend work well? It looks like it's just BCAA's......

-slip

Day 21

Day 21

Well this weekends carb load went to hell quickly I paid no attention to calories or macros whatsoever. I made it through yesterday without getting puffy and bloated, but not today! Once I eat something sweet it's all down hill from there. I won't be surprised if I weigh 10 lbs heavier tomorrow. It was nice for a change not to worry about calories though.....

I've been re-thinking what I really want to do right now. I haven't been this lean in my entire life, ever! I know I stated earlier that I was going to increase calories up to around 3500 until 4/1 and then do a mild cut for spring, but I don't feel I'm ready to put on fat at this point, I want to enjoy being in the single digits for a while. I haven't made up my mind yet, I'll definitely stay on the AD, but I think I may hang out around 2500-2750 calories, continue cardio (no HIIT!) 5x/week and see what happens over the next few weeks. I need to get these carb loads under control too. Because I want to have a "free for all" on Superbowl Sunday, I'm only going to carb up one day this week and keep it clean. (can't believe Green Bay f'ing lost!!!!!!!!!!)

By keeping my calories around 2500-2750 I should continue to lean out slowly. With summer just around the corner I really don't want to get above 10% and at my current 9% it wouldn't take much for me to exceed that. Of course I don't want to lose strength and I'm hoping once I become more adapted to the diet strength and stamina will return.

Sorry for the rambling, just thinking out loud here. And maybe looking for a little feedback

Anyways, I gotta finish off this PB choc. chip brownie topped with choc chip ice cream

-slip

nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah, I need to look into this stuff. I'm not a big supplement guy at all, but if things don't improve this week I'll need to do something. Does Xtend work well? It looks like it's just BCAA's......

-slip
    I always kind of ignored most supplements besides Creatine. Then got hooked on the NO-Explode/SuperPump.

i'm adding Xtend to the mix this week so i'll let you know how it goes- supposed to be great from everyone i've talked to.

as for the thinking out loud- i think you are in a great position for a lean bulk.

abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Do you find much time to enjoy being in single digit BF% during this time of year? You could try eating at maintnence calories during your ketogenic days, and carb loading like usual in order to more or less maintain your condition, while possibly recomping.

granma lifts more than u! ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT!'s Avatar
    ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000)
    Good suggestion abar
    Then simply workout with an upper/lower split the two days following the carb load day(s)
    Hell at his condition he could afford to have a carb up meal ( 100g or so ) bi-weekly before BIG lift sessions and then carb load only every 2-3 weeks for 48 hours ..
    gotta keep the amounts in check though slippin to avoid spillover .

and yes you do have lots-o-test due to the high animal fat in your diet

p.s. xtend is good and so is purple wraath
    just lift HEAVY A$$ weights & eat on dat healthy isht . * hellabutt psychology 101 *

I ate 3690 cals today .. 275 fat / 269 protein / 25g carbs ~ 8g fiber

yes my head was hurting from all dem dere ketones

the woo is on a distinguished road. (+10) the woo is on a distinguished road. (+10) the woo is on a distinguished road. (+10) the woo is on a distinguished road. (+10) the woo is on a distinguished road. (+10) the woo is on a distinguished road. (+10) the woo is on a distinguished road. (+10) the woo is on a distinguished road. (+10) the woo is on a distinguished road. (+10) the woo is on a distinguished road. (+10) the woo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Day 21

Well this weekends carb load went to hell quickly I paid no attention to calories or macros whatsoever. I made it through yesterday without getting puffy and bloated, but not today! Once I eat something sweet it's all down hill from there. I won't be surprised if I weigh 10 lbs heavier tomorrow. It was nice for a change not to worry about calories though.....

I've been re-thinking what I really want to do right now. I haven't been this lean in my entire life, ever! I know I stated earlier that I was going to increase calories up to around 3500 until 4/1 and then do a mild cut for spring, but I don't feel I'm ready to put on fat at this point, I want to enjoy being in the single digits for a while. I haven't made up my mind yet, I'll definitely stay on the AD, but I think I may hang out around 2500-2750 calories, continue cardio (no HIIT!) 5x/week and see what happens over the next few weeks. I need to get these carb loads under control too. Because I want to have a "free for all" on Superbowl Sunday, I'm only going to carb up one day this week and keep it clean. (can't believe Green Bay f'ing lost!!!!!!!!!!)

By keeping my calories around 2500-2750 I should continue to lean out slowly. With summer just around the corner I really don't want to get above 10% and at my current 9% it wouldn't take much for me to exceed that. Of course I don't want to lose strength and I'm hoping once I become more adapted to the diet strength and stamina will return.

Sorry for the rambling, just thinking out loud here. And maybe looking for a little feedback

Anyways, I gotta finish off this PB choc. chip brownie topped with choc chip ice cream

-slip
    i wouldnt worry to much about laying to much fat down on the AD and if you do add a little it is easily lost,im now eating around 400kcal above maintenance without any trouble at all(gonna add another 200 next week),strength is great and weight is slowly increasing.started doing 20mins of low intensity cardio post workout just to keep fat gain to a minimum without burning out glycogen stores. i plan to keep adding 200kcal each week until around march time(maybe more see how things go)then start to cut in time for summer.i liked the look of the plan you had,if i were you i would give that i shot and if you notice a significant change in bodyfat cut back a bit

Day 21

Day 21

Didn't have time to post this yesterday, so here it is today....

Weight was 172.6 lbs this morning, 7.2 lbs over Sat. weight. Had good stamina in the gym today, felt solid doing squats. Going to sneak some more weight on them next week. Maybe there's something to the dirty carb loads.....

I switched chest for legs today, wanted to hit my legs hard while I was carbed. Couldn't get on the leg press, so did 5 sets of squats instead.

Legs
    Squats: 265x7,285x5,305x3,185x12,185x12
    Leg Curls: 115x8,115x8,115x5
    Standing Calf Raise: 495x10,495x10,495x8
    Calf Press: 280x12,280x10,280x9

No cardio today.

You guys are right, I should stick to the lean bulk plan. I'll be cutting cardio to 4x this week @ 20-30min each session, no HIIT. My calories this week are set at 2750/day.

Todays Macros
    Calories: 2747
    Fat: 198g
    Cho: 26g - 9g fiber = 17g net carbs
    Pro: 200g

Had some pretty intense carb cravings tonight which I squashed some sugar free jello.

-slip
    Last edited by slippin; 01-22-2008 at 08:38 AM.

Day 22

Day 22

Weight was 169.6 lbs this morning. Much of the bloat I had was gone last night.

Today was chest & biceps. The pump was insane. I got a mild sharp pain in my left shoulder on the first 2 reps of my first working set of flat bb bench. So I racked the weight and decided to do some light db work on a 30 degree incline. I'll be changing my shoulder workout this week to make sure I don't injure it.

Chest & Biceps
    DB Incline: 70's x10,70's x10,70's x10,70's x10,70's x10
    Incline DB Flyes: 55x8,55x8
    DB Preachers: 35x10,35x8
    Overhead Cable Curls: 70x8,70x8
    Incline Hammers: 30x6,30x6

Cardio: 30 min low intensity

I'm eating the same thing as yesterday:

Todays Macros

That's it for today!

-slip
    Last edited by slippin; 01-22-2008 at 03:19 PM.

Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000) Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000) Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000) Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000) Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000) Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000) Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000) Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000) Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000) Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000) Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Looking great Bro, take care of that shoulder.

Drcour2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drcour2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drcour2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drcour2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Congrats on the physique man, looking great. If you don't mind i have a few questions for you. How long have you been working out, and what is your weekly ab routine? Thanks man and good luck with your diet.
    if you're not laughing, you're not living
    -Matt Watkins

There are risks and costs to a program of action. But they are far less than the long-range risks and costs of comfortable inaction.
    -JFK

Nothing productive to say FitzChivalry's Avatar
    FitzChivalry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FitzChivalry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FitzChivalry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FitzChivalry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FitzChivalry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FitzChivalry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FitzChivalry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FitzChivalry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FitzChivalry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FitzChivalry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FitzChivalry has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    [b]
    Had some pretty intense carb cravings tonight which I squashed some sugar free jello.

-slip
    Got this recipe from over in the Sciviation forum. Good stuff. I have it every night for a dessert:

Recipe for NO-carb egg pancakes

6 whole eggs (or you can mix Egg Beaters and Whole eggs to hit your macronutrient goals for the meal)
    Cinnamon
    4 packets Spenda or a pinch of pure sucralose (for you malto-haters like me!)
    1 tbsp PURE Psyllium Husk
    Walden Farms No Calorie Chocolate, Marshmallow, Caramel or Maple Syrup

Blend eggs, cinnamon, Psyllium Husk and sucralose on high for 30 seconds until nice and fluffy. Preheat a skillet to medium-high heat greased with macadamia nut oil (or cooking spray). Pour mixture into skillet an cook like a pancake. When the first side is done, flip it and cook the other side. Take off of heat when finished and top with Walden Farms dessert syrup of your choice.

If you wish, you can also make with all egg whites/egg beaters and top with Peanut Butter.

You don't need the psyllium husk or that many eggs and I don't know if there is any place where you can get Torani sugar free syrup around you guys but if you can there are tons of flavors and you can use that instead of the splenda for flavoring of the actual pancake.
    Last edited by abramkline; 01-22-2008 at 04:38 PM.

Nothing productive to say FitzChivalry's Avatar
    FitzChivalry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FitzChivalry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FitzChivalry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FitzChivalry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FitzChivalry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FitzChivalry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FitzChivalry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FitzChivalry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FitzChivalry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FitzChivalry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FitzChivalry has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Oh, and how long do you rest between sets? I'm serious about your lifts still being very, very good for dieting. I feel like I've lost a ton of strength on my own cut, though I cut down rest time to about a minute between sets and upped sets significantly.

I make pancakes roo, abram. I do 4 eggs, 1 scoop whey, and splenda, with coconut butter to fry them in. I don't use syrup, but that Walden stuff looks alright, I might have to try it. Would sure as hell be cheaper than eating beef so much.

Get_BIG_or_go_HOME HemiRamOn20s's Avatar
    HemiRamOn20s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HemiRamOn20s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This mornings weight was 168 lbs, lost 1.4 lbs of water from the weekend carb up.

Todays Macros
    Calories: 2532
    FAT: 183g - 65%
    CHO: 32g -16g fiber = 16g net carbs
    PRO: 180g - 30%

With my body fat being in the single digits now, I've decided to slowly increase my calories over the next few weeks until I'm eating around 500 cals above maintenance. I still expect to lean out a little bit more while ramping calories up, I'll only be adding about 250 cals/week.

I've decided to stay on the AD to gain lean mass for several reasons:
    1. Spring and summer are just around the corner and I live at the beach. No sense in putting on a bunch of fat now.
    2. I love what I can eat on this diet
    3. I feel great most of the time eating like this. I don't have crazy blood sugar swings, I think more clearly and for some reason I'm more sociable.
    4. Since my goal is to gain weight, I can have dirtier carb ups

So the new plan looks like this:

Week 1 - 1/14-1/20
    Low carb day calories: 2500/day
    High carb day calories: 2750/day

Week 2 - 1/21-1/27
    Low carb day calories: 2750/day
    High carb day calories: 3000/day

Week 3 - 1/28-2/3
    Low carb day calories: 3000/day <---- My maintenance level
    High carb day calories: 3250/day

Week 4 - 2/4-2/10
    Low carb day calories: 3250/day
    High carb day calories: 3500/day

Week 5 - 2/11-2/17
    Low carb day calories: 3500/day
    High carb day calories: 3750-4000/day

I'll continue on 3500 cals/day making adjustments as necessary until Apr 1st. Then I'll start to drop cals again to cut any fat I put on. With this plan it will take me 3 weeks to hit maintenance and in that time I *should* continue to lean out a bit more.

Today was leg day and I really wish I didn't do an HIIT session last night, I really felt it today. It couldn't match last weeks workout. My legs felt shaky just on the warmups.

Legs
    Squats: 265x7, 285x5, 305x2 (got 4 last week, 2 with bad form today)
    Leg Presses: 325x12,325x12
    Leg Curls: 120x8,120x7,120x5
    Stand. Calf Raise: 495x10,495x10,495x8
    Hammer Strength Calf Press: 270x10,270x10,270x9

That's it for today....

-slip
    where in delaware do you live slip? rehobeth/dewey/bethany area? I live in newark and i stay in bethany during the summer

I have been out of training for 8 months now and im starting to get really out of shape. its tough to train being in school as a result ive put on about 15 lbs of fat and lost some muscle mass. the month of december i spent eating while studyin for exams and all of january i have spent and am still spending time in australia studying abroad. and basically all we do is eat and drink. so im getting pretty out of shape. so when i get back im going to do a basic 40/40/20 diet for 8 weeks starting feb 5 and then switch to an AD diet simular to how yours started until the end of summer then do a Lean mass bulk. Im going to pay close attention to your progress. so keep up the good work slip!
    Last edited by HemiRamOn20s; 01-23-2008 at 06:02 AM.
    "Go Big or Go Home"
    Height: 5'11"
    Weight: 175lbs
    BodyFat: 15%
    Cutting Commences: 2.5.08

Current:
    Muiti
    Fish Oil
    Whey Protein

Next Stack Starting: 2.5.08
    White Flood
    Glycergrow
    Green Magnitude

Originally Posted by Drcour2 View Post
    Congrats on the physique man, looking great. If you don't mind i have a few questions for you. How long have you been working out, and what is your weekly ab routine? Thanks man and good luck with your diet.
    Thanks! I've been working out since 5/1/07. I do abs twice per week. Right now my routine is:

Hanging Leg Raises: 2xfailure
    Incline Situps: 2x failure
    Weighted Sidebends on Hyperextension bench: 2x failure

The above is done in a circuit.

Originally Posted by abramkline View Post
    Oh, and how long do you rest between sets? I'm serious about your lifts still being very, very good for dieting. I feel like I've lost a ton of strength on my own cut, though I cut down rest time to about a minute between sets and upped sets significantly.
    I rest for 90 sec. Lately I do feel like I've lost strength, I don't have that intensity that I had with a carb based diet. It's gotten better this though.

Originally Posted by HemiRamOn20s View Post
    where in delaware do you live slip? rehobeth/dewey/bethany area? I live in newark and i stay in bethany during the summer

I have been out of training for 8 months now and im starting to get really out of shape. its tough to train being in school as a result ive put on about 15 lbs of fat and lost some muscle mass. the month of december i spent eating while studyin for exams and all of january i have spent and am still spending time in australia studying abroad. and basically all we do is eat and drink. so im getting pretty out of shape. so when i get back im going to do a basic 40/40/20 diet for 8 weeks starting feb 5 and then switch to an AD diet simular to how yours started until the end of summer then do a Lean mass bulk. Im going to pay close attention to your progress. so keep up the good work slip!
    I live in the beach area, only a 30 second walk to the sand

-slip

Day 23

Day 23

Weight was 167.4 lbs this morning. Today is my off day so will only be doing 20 min light cardio.

To help in the gym this week, I took advantage of the insulin surges over the weekend and loaded creatine at 10g/day. I also bumped up my daily dose from 2.5g to 5g/day. Hopefully that will help with my stamina on lift days.

I've been getting a lot of pm's lately about setting up the AD so I put up an Anabolic Diet Calculator on my site that can be used to help determine caloric intake and macronutrient breakdown for those who wish to start the diet. It gives calorie levels for cutting, bulking and maintenance. The site is nothing special.....yet. I actually designed back in November but did nothing with it. I'm hoping over time it will grow into a nice fitness site. The url for the calculator is: http://www.roadtofit.com/the-anabolic-diet-calculator/

I'm planning some more calculators for the site such as bmr, CKD and a 40/40/20 calculator. But mostly it will be my ramblings about health and fitness.

Calories today are the same as yesterday:

Todays Macros

That's it for today!

-slip

Day 23

I put up an Anabolic Diet Calculator on my site that can be used to help determine caloric intake and macronutrient breakdown for those who wish to start the diet. It gives calorie levels for cutting, bulking and maintenance. The site is nothing special.....yet. I actually designed back in November but did nothing with it. I'm hoping over time it will grow into a nice fitness site. The url for the calculator is: http://www.roadtofit.com/the-anabolic-diet-calculator/

I'm planning some more calculators for the site such as bmr, CKD and a 40/40/20 calculator. But mostly it will be my ramblings about health and fitness.
    -slip
    Great calculator and website! Site seems easy to use and navigate. Above and beyond, very cool.

Great calculator and website! Site seems easy to use and navigate. Above and beyond, very cool.
    Thanks! I have 2 weeks off work coming up where I hope to do a lot with the site.

Day 24

Day 24

Todays weight was same as yesterday, 167.4 lbs. I've been f'ing bloated as hell and looking puffy the last few days. I have a suspicion it has to do with loading creatine mono this past weekend and increasing my daily dosage to 5g/day. Without carbs to spike insulin and pull the creatine into the muscle cells, it stays outsite them pulling water out of muscle cells and blood vessels, resulting in a bloating effect that can blur muscularity. I've got some creating ethyl ester on the way since it's absorbed better, doesn't need insulin and won't cause bloat.

Stamina has improved, had pretty good workouts all week. The diet is getting easier. Carb cravings are low, almost non existent and I don't feel like I'm walking around in a fog anymore. Maybe due to increased calories this week? I've been hitting 2750 daily. Next week I bump them up to 3000/day, can't wait.

Today was back and traps:

Back & Traps
    Weighted Pullups: 45x8,45x7,45x5
    Bentover Rows: 170x8,170x8,170x6
    Seated Cable Rows: 160x8,160x8,160x8
    BB Shrugs: 210x8,210x8,210x8
    DB Shrugs: 80x12,80x12

Cardio: 30min low intensity PWO on elliptical

Todays Macros
    Calories: 2733
    FAT: 202g
    CHO: 17g
    PRO: 190g

Any of you guys on the AD do depletion workouts the morning of your first carb day?

-slip

Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000) Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000) Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000) Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000) Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000) Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000) Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000) Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000) Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000) Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000) Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Great site Bro, will be visiting it often to check out your progress. Thanks for the calculator!

Day 24

Stamina has improved, had pretty good workouts all week. The diet is getting easier. Carb cravings are low, almost non existent and I don't feel like I'm walking around in a fog anymore. Maybe due to increased calories this week? I've been hitting 2750 daily. Next week I bump them up to 3000/day, can't wait.

Back & Traps

Any of you guys on the AD do depletion workouts the morning of your first carb day?

-slip
    Good workout!
    Taking a break from deads though?

Haven't gotten to the AD depletion part yet- but it sounds, um... fun? heh.

Good workout!
    Taking a break from deads though?

Haven't gotten to the AD depletion part yet- but it sounds, um... fun? heh.
    Yeah, forgot to mention, during bent over rows I tweaked my lower back a little. I need to consider taking a week off soon, I've been going hard the last 8 months. My right elbow and left wrist have been giving me problems lately too.

-slip

Day 24

Todays weight was same as yesterday, 167.4 lbs. I've been f'ing bloated as hell and looking puffy the last few days. I have a suspicion it has to do with loading creatine mono this past weekend and increasing my daily dosage to 5g/day. Without carbs to spike insulin and pull the creatine into the muscle cells, it stays outsite them pulling water out of muscle cells and blood vessels, resulting in a bloating effect that can blur muscularity. I've got some creating ethyl ester on the way since it's absorbed better, doesn't need insulin and won't cause bloat.

Back & Traps

Todays Macros
    Calories: 2733
    FAT: 202g
    CHO: 17g
    PRO: 190g

-slip
    weighed i at 179lb this morning +1 from last week

my first carb-up starts friday evening after last workout around 5pm..never done the depletion workouts,usually just some cardio PWO then straight after around 90g of dextrose with my whey,i dont imagine you could get a bigger insulin surge than 90g of dextrose PWO on a friday lol

Slip i know your not big on supps but have you ever looked into Beta Alanine?i have had alot better results with this than creatine..pretty cheap too and lots of studies to back claims.