Thread: Dieting

Shaba65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Dieting

Hi, I am 328lbs. 6' tall. My bodyfat is around 25-28%

I am looking to cut and was wondering if this would be a good diet:

meal 1 - syntha 6/1 cup oatmeal
    meal 2 - lean meat/1 potato
    meal 3 - syntha 6
    meal 4 - lean meat
    meal 5 - syntha 6
    meal 6 - lean meat

My diet will be going to this from eating bad foods such as a lot of fast food. I lift 5 days a week, sometimes double sessions. I will also be adding in cardio.

Any suggestions?
    2007 Bests:
    Bench: 315x25, 405x12, 455x8, 460x5, 520x1
    Squat: 585x3x5
    Hang Clean (Straps/No drop): 340x3x3

Grummy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Grummy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Grummy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Grummy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Cut the lifting for now, and focus on extra cardio. Once you've lost about 40-60lbs you can pick up the lifting again. Add extra fruit and veg to your diet. Certain fruits, (strawberries, apples and blueberries are the ones I use the most), aid weightloss. Drink plenty of water.
    Having an out of fat body into a much fitter body experience. (I hope)

Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Looks like a **** diet.
    Read the stickies.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3768961
    Back on it

Dropped from 250lbs+

PapaNickS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ditto to what bad company said. You need get a better combo of fats/carbs/protein at EACH meal.

kycat2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kycat2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kycat2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kycat2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kycat2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kycat2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kycat2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kycat2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kycat2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kycat2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kycat2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I know you could break alot of people in half but that diet is bad.

You are 328lbs and diet is like 1200 calories depending on sixe of lean meat portions.

You should be taking in around 3280 calories if you wanted to be in a caloric deficit.

Eat something like this

morning 7am
    6 eggs and oatmeal omega 3 fish oils

snack 10am
    almonds and whey protein

lunch 12
    tuna or salmon brocoli or vegies and maybe brown rice omega fish oil

snack 2pm
    2 table spoons of peanut butter and whey shake

dinner 5pm
    lean meat fish or chicken, vegies, sweet potato

pwo most say protein shake some like egg white powder and some like blend Muscle milk.

Before bed natural peanut butter and or cottage cheese

This is not specific but some ideas. There are stickies that can give you ideas. Stay away from fast food and sugar. Drink lots of water througout the day.

Adjust your calories throughout the weight loss period. You will need less as you lose but if you don't eat enough now your metabolism will slow down and the weight loss will make you lose more muscle than you want.

Good luck
    MARRIAGE IS THE LEADING CAUSE OF DIVORCE

MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Grummy View Post
    Cut the lifting for now, and focus on extra cardio. Once you've lost about 40-60lbs you can pick up the lifting again. Add extra fruit and veg to your diet. Certain fruits, (strawberries, apples and blueberries are the ones I use the most), aid weightloss. Drink plenty of water.
    DON'T drop lifting....that's the worst advice possible....ugggghhh
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

Getting big: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136802401

- Alan Aragon www.alanaragon.com

Grummy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Grummy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Grummy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Grummy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by MarkVI View Post
    DON'T drop lifting....that's the worst advice possible....ugggghhh
    Now see someones going to have to explain this too me.

No offence to the OP, but he seems to be quite badly overweight (but I could well be wrong on that score) and I was under the impression that heavy lifting would hinder his weightloss not help it. I've been told in a few places that the ideal weight for his height is around 175lbs, and that to lose that kind of weight (what is it, 150lbs?), you need to focus purely on cardio first, then come onto the lifting when you have lost, say a 3rd of that weight.

Now if thats wrong, what would be right?

MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Grummy View Post
    Now see someones going to have to explain this too me.

No offence to the OP, but he seems to be quite badly overweight (but I could well be wrong on that score) and I was under the impression that heavy lifting would hinder his weightloss not help it. I've been told in a few places that the ideal weight for his height is around 175lbs, and that to lose that kind of weight (what is it, 150lbs?), you need to focus purely on cardio first, then come onto the lifting when you have lost, say a 3rd of that weight.

Now if thats wrong, what would be right?
    Well it is wrong. This is why:

The goal is not weight loss -- it is body fat loss and body recomposition.

Pure cardio, and no weights will make them go away. If you do not use it, you will lose it. The OP's success is going to come from his diet mainly, but to keep his metabolism high he must retain as much muscle mass (while training and shaping it). The ideal weight is not 175lbs, weight is meaningless by itself as an indicator of health; ESPECIALLY in the BBing world.

Ideally the OP would be about 230 w/12% BF....that wouuld be fantastic and is possible at his current body composition. (328 at 28% is still pretty darn good for 6 feet)
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

Getting big: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136802401

- Alan Aragon www.alanaragon.com

Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Ideally the OP would be about 230 w/12% BF....that wouuld be fantastic and is possible at his current body composition.
    Great post Mark repped.

Gummy, lifting weights while cutting is crucial if you want a good result at the end of the cut. Heaps of cardio + no weights and a big calorie deficit will result in weightloss no doubt but he'll be losing fat and muscle as well. It's a hell of a lot easier to cut fat than it is to gain quality muscle so the OP needs to try and minimise muscle atrophy as much as possible.

Seriously though read the stickies but all the information is there if you take the time to look for it or at least get your hands on a copy of "body for life" by Tom Venuto - a great book that spells things out in laymens terms.

Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Lifting weight raises your metabolism.

Also doing cardio u only burn calories whilst u do it. Wheras with weightlifting you are burning calories all the time, even well after u have finished as your body is recovering.

Furthermore by using your muscles (weightlifting) u are telling your body that it needs to hold on to them, so it will not burn them so much while in caloric defecit. Hence burning more fat instead.

Each lb of muscle has active cells and requires calories to be alive, fat doesnt. So the more muscle u keep hold of the more fat u will burn,weightlifting is very important to help u do this.

Your bodys main function is survival. It will burn muscle and hold on to fat if u dont do it right.
    Back on it

Dropped from 250lbs+

The goal is not weight loss -- it is body fat loss and body recomposition.

Pure cardio, and no weights will make them go away. If you do not use it, you will lose it. The OP's success is going to come from his diet mainly, but to keep his metabolism high he must retain as much muscle mass (while training and shaping it). The ideal weight is not 175lbs, weight is meaningless by itself as an indicator of health; ESPECIALLY in the BBing world.

Ideally the OP would be about 230 w/12% BF....that wouuld be fantastic and is possible at his current body composition. (328 at 28% is still pretty darn good for 6 feet)
    I think I see what you mean, without the lifting to suppliment the cardio, he would lose a degree of muscle mass and would perhaps end up with the excess skin that comes with excessive weight loss. But by continuing his lifting he can maintain a high metabolism which will help in weightloss, but also help to mold his body (and avoid the excess skin). Is that about right?