Closed Thread
    wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Meds & suicide (check out)

Hey Bro's

check this **** out.........

wow

http://www.rense.com/general29/ei.htm
    I'M THINKING WICKED I'M GOING MAD
    I'M FEELING BETTER THAN I EVER HAVE
    I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NIGHT TO BEGIN
    SO I CAN FEED THE BEAST ONCE AGAIN ! ! !! ! !!

Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000)
    cant get it too work Wabney, can anyone
    else???
    Work in progress...

"Insane in the membrane, got no brains gone insane"

" Its all the petroleum products, thats why i make no sense"

"Cry now, smile later:)

wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

mac

hey bro

the site must be down right now or something.
    I checked the link earlier and it was def working.....

try later.... good article

wayne

patrolling the universe snakeman's Avatar
    snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    good article really makes you think about what they put you on.
    i sent this article to my brother, so he can check it out to.thanks

kendo is just really nice. (+1000) kendo is just really nice. (+1000) kendo is just really nice. (+1000) kendo is just really nice. (+1000) kendo is just really nice. (+1000) kendo is just really nice. (+1000) kendo is just really nice. (+1000) kendo is just really nice. (+1000) kendo is just really nice. (+1000) kendo is just really nice. (+1000) kendo is just really nice. (+1000)
    The link was working this morning maybe the author has killed himself!
    Its never to late to transform! www.physiqueoverfifty.co.uk

Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000)
    I still havent gotten it to work, this is strange, i've tried it several different ways page cannot be displayed is all i get.....
    Work in progress...

keegan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The problem I see is they are comparing their numbers of suicides among antidepressant users against the population at large.

Quote:
    ....."Here are the suicide rates. Keep in mind as you read through these that the rate of 11 out of 100,000 persons per year is the suicide rate for the population at large"....

That is people that are already at a higher risk for suicide against the whole of the "normal" population.

If they wanted a fair assesment then the study should compare the suicide rates of only those diagnosed with some sort of Psychosis and NOT taking those dugs against those that ARE taking the drugs.

It appears to me to be piss poor research. Or slanted and spun for a specific purpose.
    God WAS my co-pilot... until we crashed in the mountains and I had to eat him.

Yea, though I walk thru the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil.... for I am the baddest MotherF*cker in the valley! Keegan 3:21

WOW

All I can say is I have been taking the **** and I am still alive ! !

later

mattabull is a name known to all. (+5000) mattabull is a name known to all. (+5000) mattabull is a name known to all. (+5000) mattabull is a name known to all. (+5000) mattabull is a name known to all. (+5000) mattabull is a name known to all. (+5000) mattabull is a name known to all. (+5000) mattabull is a name known to all. (+5000) mattabull is a name known to all. (+5000) mattabull is a name known to all. (+5000) mattabull is a name known to all. (+5000)

Re: WOW

Originally posted by wabney
    All I can say is I have been taking the **** and I am still alive ! !

later
    hey wab, im taking paxil for panic, what do you take it for? did it help? how long before it kicked in? i just read the link and it gave me another attack... hehe i have read a bunch of negative things on them also, but the doc reckons they are the goods.

Hey Bull

It took a couple of weeks. I didn's like Paxil so the doc gave me
    celexa and *****..

check out my last thread it the over 35 section
    called

"Comming of meds HOLY ****"

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...threadid=52201

peace

whiplash21093 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well all I know is that I tried to detox myself off of Serzone and started hallucinating like I was back with Leary and the boys.
    Scared the hell out of me, so I went back up to my normal dose. I am not depressed now, but scared as HELL to come off the damn meds. I know I would have to do it slowly!!! But now I lift and look forward to the process.

But I would be eating cheetohs, and watching Judge Judy if I didn't have the serzone. Now I am just waiting for the DC sniper to come to Baltimore.

whiplash21093
    timonium, Md

MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by keegan
    It appears to me to be piss poor research. Or slanted and spun for a specific purpose.
    As an engineer with a pretty decent footing in statistical analysis, I agree that it appears to be pretty shoddy work, from what i can see.
    aut viam inveniam aut faciam

mattabull is a name known to all. (+5000) mattabull is a name known to all. (+5000) mattabull is a name known to all. (+5000) mattabull is a name known to all. (+5000) mattabull is a name known to all. (+5000) mattabull is a name known to all. (+5000) mattabull is a name known to all. (+5000) mattabull is a name known to all. (+5000) mattabull is a name known to all. (+5000) mattabull is a name known to all. (+5000) mattabull is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i really have to question these types of studies, i read one not long ago that was saying a similar thing. i couldnt help but notice how this particular study i read about was claiming that the people who committed suicide had only been on the product (SSRI's) for a few days. anyone who knows anything about them knows that they take up to a month to start working. my guess is there are many people attempting to slander the phamacutical companys. either that or try and scare the living **** out of the ones who rely on the meds.
    i must admit though, when i began taking them my anxiety was a little higher than when i wasnt taking them. this may have been because of all the negative hype i was reading about them. dunno. hardly suicidal though.
    If people got kicked in the head more often, the world would be a better place.

whiplash21093 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Medical professional sometimes feel that if someone is gravely depressed and they are given an antidepressant, sometimes the antidepressant in its early stages, releases enough serotonin to give the patient enough energy to complete a suicidal act.Because when people are really strung out with depression, they may not have the energy to put the bullets in the gun! That is because the return of energy and focus is sometimes the first sign that an antideprssant is working. But that is why one needs to find the right psychiatrist who may need to prescribe in the early stages of treatment not only the antidepressant but an anti- anxiety pill..Example, Prozac in not the choice drug for anxiety, but more doctors prefer Paxil as Paxil seems to assist anxiety, or often docs will prescribe a drug like Serzone/Effexor with a mild doze of Wellbutrin.

We all know the plight of 60's rocker Dell Shannon ( Runaway, Little Town Flirt, Hats off to Larry) who was one of the first press releases of Prozac suicide, hence the fear of Prozac. Prozac is a miracle drug to many, so people should not be afraid. But just don't go to your family doc, and get it, as sometimes you have to do the antidepressant two step to find the right choice.
    These scare articles are ridiculous, and half of them are put out by Ron Hubbard's Scientology cult, as they feel like meds interfere with "getting clear"

tom

the "finding the right phsyciatrist" bit is certainly true. especially if you classify as a relatively normal type of person. from my experience most of them are a pack of weird bastards. i think a phsycologist takes a better initial approach. the cognitive learing business is a step in the right direction first and foremost. in some cases, the steps in finding the right one combined with the right meds can be a terrible time for sufferers because it can take what seems like an eternity to gain control via either method. once you get that right, its smooth sailing.

rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Getting the right Shrink and the right set of meds is cirticial ...

I spent a lot of years talking to several, until one guy suggest I might want to conside medications. At first I was sceptial but I finally decided I wasn't getting any where just talking. Once I except the idea of meds, it took over two years to a mix that I could live with. Finding something to muffle the depression is eazy. Finding side effects that you can live with is the tricky part. When I started on anti-despressants picking the meds was basically trail and error. Do they have any sort of tests now that can suggest what the most likely drugs are for a specific person.

Rob

Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000)
    I still find that the best antidepressant is excersise!
    starting over!!!!!!!!!!

Yep i agree charger, workouts pulled me out of a lot of **** man, bad days, relationship, drinking and druggin, DEPRESSION, anger, all sorts of things, i ALWAYS feel good when i leave the gym, getting there is another story but upon leaving i am a different man......

I am back working out 5 days off thats all i could stand had a nice chest and shoulder routine tonight will feel it tomorrow
    Work in progress...

charge, that may be true for depression, but i guess it depends on what you are taking the meds for. i suffer anxiety/panic and when you are trying to deal with that it isnt really possible. it makes your body hyper-sensitive. something simple to get your heart racing will send your mind into panic, a false alarm if you will. that normally leads to hyper-ventilation and the things that were once familiar seem unreal and uncomfortable. combine that with complete digestive system shutdown and basically till you find out whats happening to you every waking moment is terrifying. it just takes time.

IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000)
    mattabull, thats sounds really scary, I wish you luck.

I'm with charger, exercise has always been my first route.

Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000)
    mattabull,
    Your right, I never have experienced anything like anxiety,except when the Chargers are up by 6 with a 1 min left in the game and the other team has the ball.
    This is my story, Almost 5 years ago now I went through a divorce. I pretty much lost it all and had to start over. I turning to a bottle was my first reaction, that didn't work to say the least. I turned to a Doc for help, something I swore I would never do. Anyway thank god I found a good one the first time and she got me to lay off the bottle and suggested excersise. Now this was from a woman who was 50+ who was over weight big time. I am thinking what has she been smokin? I was thinking you got to give me something, I'm going over the edge.
    Having nothing else to lose and a friend wanting to try lifting anyway, away we went, and the rest is history.
    I can honestly say I have never felt better in my life both pysically or emotionally and it didn't take a pill to do it.
    I understand what you are saying though Matt, there is alot of difference between the two, no disrespect intended, I wouldn't have a clue what you go through, good luck!
    starting over!!!!!!!!!!

thanks IPR, much appreciated.
    charger- i can see how that worked for you, i guess i realise that when ppl have problems or addictions as such, they need to find something to substitute it. exercise and training is very good, hell, i did the same thing to quit smoking.
    its funny you mentioned that you wouldnt have a clue what i go through... a lot of ppl close to me have said i look perfectly normal, including my girl whom ive been with for 12 years. it really is something that if you havent experienced it first hand, i couldnt expect anyone to relate. lets just say its your WORST nightmare. but having said all that, the meds etc are doing wonders and the next hill to climb will be to get off them eventually.
    anyway bro, youve done good judging by your post and all the best to you.

rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Anxiety and depression mean different things depending on the context. I wish there different words. In common use they refer to the NORMAL feeling of ups, downs and fears of daily life. In a clinicial context they refer to serious and potentially life threatining conditions that are not within to range of "normal."

If your really clinically depressed you wouldn't be able to get to yourself to workout. Loss of interest in activities that are normally important to you is one of the main critria for a diagnosis of depress. If you have clinical depression or anxiety you can't snap out of it... you hurt and feel hopeless and you only want to not feel that way anymore.

If you haven't been there it's very hard to understand what it's like. So please don't make assumptions and judgements about other's depression and anxiety.

Rob