SeanDon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeanDon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeanDon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeanDon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeanDon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeanDon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeanDon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeanDon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeanDon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeanDon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeanDon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

how particular are you guys with your diet when out?

What i mean is, suppose you're out with your gf or something and you both order a meal....You order this chicken, but when it gets to you, you notice there's a little bit of gravy on it.

How many of you wipe the gravy off?

How many of you say "whatever its just gravy, stop being a bitch" and eat it anyways?

I'm curious because today while eating sushi i didn't want to put any soy sauce on it at all, and i just felt like i was being a bit of a tard about it, because i'm basically condeming myself to eating **** tasting food the entire day, hence increasing cravings.

thoughts?

nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    So you were eating sushi (highly processed High GI carbs, with a little bit of protien) and you thought not putting a little salt (soy sauce) on it would make it better?

Mythos219 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mythos219 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mythos219 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mythos219 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mythos219 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mythos219 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mythos219 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mythos219 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mythos219 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mythos219 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mythos219 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It depends. Personally, I keep a strict diet for 6 days, and on my 7th day I have a cheat meal. Now, if I'm out on the 7th day I'll order anything I want. But, if I have to go out on any of the other days, I'll either eat my meal before I go out and order nothing, or depending on the restaurant - I'll order a grilled chicked salad or anything along those lines.

this is a custom title ellipticer's Avatar
    ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by SeanDon
    What i mean is, suppose you're out with your gf or something and you both order a meal....You order this chicken, but when it gets to you, you notice there's a little bit of gravy on it.

How many of you say "whatever its just gravy, stop being a bitch" and eat it anyways?

I'm curious because today while eating sushi i didn't want to put any soy sauce on it at all, and i just felt like i was being a bit of a tard about it, because i'm basically condeming myself to eating **** tasting food the entire day, hence increasing cravings.

thoughts?
    Soy sauce ain't the dangerous part of sushi I think it might be the tablespoon of sugar included in every 6 ounces of white sushi rice.

ps. its just gravy, stop being a bitch... is my answer. But then if I'm losing fat, I'll only go out once a week.

flab 2 fab has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flab 2 fab has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flab 2 fab has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flab 2 fab has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flab 2 fab has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flab 2 fab has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flab 2 fab has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flab 2 fab has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flab 2 fab has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flab 2 fab has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flab 2 fab has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    eat sashimi with low sodium soy sauce easy solution. Make sure you go to better sushi restaurants so you get higher quality fish. Also a lot of restaurants have there nutritional facts on there restaurants on there website, if not just ask for a nutritional guide.
    5/30/05 210lbs 8/14/05 174lbs (18.85%BF)
    6/13/05 203lbs
    6/20/05 198 lbs
    6/27/05 192 lbs 26% BF
    7/04/05 188.5 lbs
    7/11/05 187 lbs 23 % BF
    7/17/05 183.5 lbs
    7/25/05 185 (weekend vacation not as strict)
    7/31/05 178
    8/7/05 175.5

skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i wouldn't order anything with gravy. I'd send it back. I am 100% anal and uptight about my diet 24/7
    I've gained and lost over 100lbs more times than any man alive should. Do as I say and not as I do.

htxRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) htxRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) htxRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) htxRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) htxRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) htxRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) htxRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) htxRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) htxRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) htxRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) htxRed is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i dont care when im out, but i dont have a taste for the foods i used to eat.. most of the time its either chicken or steak naked with some greens on the side. i rarely eat fast food anymore, its gotten to the point where my friends automatically either suggest subway or just take me there before they go get their food.
    post about your transformation:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=769907

stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000)

SeanDon: I think that both you and tino824 need to back it off a notch or two. If your diet is clean overall, there's really no need to get this obsessed over an individual meal here and there.

People who develop weight problems do so as a result of the cumulative effects of poor dietary habits over an extended period of time -- it wasn't because they ate the food provided at one singular wedding reception or one singular night out at a restaurant.

If the rest of your diet is clean and your good eating habits are established, the occasional deviation from the plan here and there will just get absorbed into the calories in / calories out equation and will have no significant effect on your overall goals.

You guys are going to drive yourselves insane living your entire lives in pre-contest mode -- relax...

C.K.

SeanDon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeanDon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeanDon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeanDon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeanDon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeanDon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeanDon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeanDon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeanDon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeanDon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeanDon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by nithos
    So you were eating sushi (highly processed High GI carbs, with a little bit of protien) and you thought not putting a little salt (soy sauce) on it would make it better?
    Actually nithos, i didn't eat it with the rice. Now perhaps you can answer my ****ing question and stop being such a sarcastic dick about it? thx.

VanillaBean_21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VanillaBean_21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VanillaBean_21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VanillaBean_21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VanillaBean_21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VanillaBean_21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VanillaBean_21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VanillaBean_21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VanillaBean_21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VanillaBean_21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VanillaBean_21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

thoughts?
    If I go out to eat and what I order is covered in butter or gravy. I send it back.

College Nutrition Student ]X[Tr3MaX's Avatar
    ]X[Tr3MaX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ]X[Tr3MaX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ]X[Tr3MaX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ]X[Tr3MaX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ]X[Tr3MaX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ]X[Tr3MaX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ]X[Tr3MaX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ]X[Tr3MaX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ]X[Tr3MaX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ]X[Tr3MaX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ]X[Tr3MaX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm very anal with my diet but then the next day, when I cheat, I end up doing 7000 calories day

Kinda stupid lol; /me slap myself
    - Work smarter, not harder

- You eat like ****, you look like ****

www.myspace.com/redskullll

I just asked this question because i was reading something Arnold said about when he used to train.....

He said he usually would work his ass off in the gym and then just go out and enjoy himself. He wouldn't be so anal about it...he said if he was cutting for a competition he would eat what his plan laid out for him, but if he was just maintaining or bulking he'd eat hamburgers and such.

Obviously i'm not Arnold, and obviously i have a lot of weight to lose...but i dont think that completely seperating yourself from good tasting food is the way to go about it. I know once i'm in decent shape i wont be worrying about the goddamned sugar content in sushi, i'll just continue eating it the twice a month i tend to eat it for.

nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Actually nithos, i didn't eat it with the rice. Now perhaps you can answer my ****ing question and stop being such a sarcastic dick about it? thx.
    I can't stop being a sarcastic dick, it's not in my nature.

Sashimi with soy sauce or wasabi is fine.

When going out on a date, I usually order something that I concider healthy from the menu and enjoy it. I don't get overly picky because I know it will be followed by several hours of "cardio."

ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by nithos
    I don't get overly picky because I know it will be followed by several hours of "cardio."
    the girl: "I told you, I like it romantic and slow"

Nithos: "just wait 30 seconds, I'm doing intervals"

VanillaBean_21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VanillaBean_21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VanillaBean_21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VanillaBean_21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VanillaBean_21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VanillaBean_21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VanillaBean_21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VanillaBean_21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VanillaBean_21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VanillaBean_21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VanillaBean_21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by ellipticer
    the girl: "I told you, I like it romantic and slow"

Nithos: "just wait 30 seconds, I'm doing intervals"
    LMAO

Prove you're worth a damn DJohnson's Avatar
    DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000)
    Soy sauce is like half protein half carbs and has almost no calories. I use it on my brown rice.

But yeah, when I go out and eat I have something that is not too unhealthy but tastes good. Just call it a cheat meal. For example I might have a chicken breast diced a cheese penne (pasta).

I mean if you're in a 7000cal deficit per week, it's pretty hard to mess that up. If you have 1000 cals one meal instead of 450 it's not tough to work that off or forget about it completely.
    History: Mar, 2001: 135lbs @ ~14% | Nov, 2004: 245lbs @ ~40% | Dec, 2006: 168lbs @ 5.5%ish | Nov, 2008: 177lbs @ 5.5%ish | Dec, 2016: 179lbs

I just hate having to be so limited is all i'm saying. I tend to carry around protein shakes with me because i'm like wtf else can i do?

If i go to a restaurant everything on the menu is unhealthy in some sort of way....even if there are sandwhiches, they dont offer whole wheat bread or anything. I always find myself stuck in that position...and i dont expect my gf to not eat so i always take her where she wants to go..its just frustrating to have to drink a shake while she eats.

skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I just hate having to be so limited is all i'm saying. I tend to carry around protein shakes with me because i'm like wtf else can i do?

If i go to a restaurant everything on the menu is unhealthy in some sort of way....even if there are sandwhiches, they dont offer whole wheat bread or anything. I always find myself stuck in that position...and i dont expect my gf to not eat so i always take her where she wants to go..its just frustrating to have to drink a shake while she eats.

It's too bad what other people want to do or what other people think. You have two options my friend. Either success, or failure. Make your choice, and trample anything or anyone that gets in your way.

About protein shakes with you... that doesn't sound too healthy. Calories vs calories out is much more important (and effective) than dousing yourself in too much protein. You're better off eating half of a sandwich then you are eating that protein shake.
    I've gained and lost over 100lbs more times than any man alive should. Do as I say and not as I do.

Meh.. even when bulking I carry around protein shakes, apples, and mixed nuts.

Like htxRed said, every restauraunt I'd go to offers a salad with a chicken or duck breast on it and a vinaigrette. If not, they can make it. Personally, I'd get a steak with some green vegetables on the side. Again... every decent place will make that one.

Skel - I think i'm using the term protein shake too loosely. Its a myoplex deluxe meal replacement shake...42g of protein, 27 minerals and 20g of carbs. its ok, just not something i enjoy all the time.

Then again i have a free meal every week now (Scheduled so i dont fall off my diet at random times). so i can live with it.

wine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Eating properly becomes a habit...i feel rather ****ty when i cheat..i feel like a loser...but at the same time i think alot of people dont understand that its not just "a little bit of gravy"...its 2 hours of cardio down the drain and a minor setback. At the same time if you enjoy eating, I think you need to treat yourself every once in a while and go nuts....i have made better progress by incorporating a cheat meal or an off day from time to time than i ever did being super strict..and i'm much more pleasant to be around. I also compensate..just like a cheat meal is neccessary..some days u need to work a little harder...do an extra hour of cardio...a few more sets of squats...

Mister_A is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mister_A is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mister_A is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mister_A is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mister_A is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mister_A is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mister_A is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mister_A is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mister_A is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mister_A is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mister_A is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I always ask for things plain or if I see that the meal has something included that I dont want I say none of that "*****".
    Scheizekopf

kasdos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kasdos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kasdos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yea i got another dilemma

now im going to bermuda for a week

there goes my diet!!

what the hell should i do???

Strong-Ass Jaw Crew user34566548717114's Avatar
    user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000) user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000) user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000) user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000) user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000) user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000) user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000) user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000) user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000) user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000) user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    unless your precontest you need to calm down, up the cardio have a sick leg workout before a cheat meal....eat healthy at home that way when you go out with your friends you can enjoy yourself....personally I gave up soda forever I simply have water with all my meals or diet soda doesn't bother me one bit.....

if your on vacation be active and live a little its not gonna kill you, in fact 5 bucks says you'll be so amped up from feeling guilty about your diet and workout or lack of during that period of time that when you get back you gonna tear **** up with your now rested and restored body and have some serious gains in a small amount of time

Hey dvv,

Yea i dont drink soda at all. 100% water and diet coke, thats it for me....and of course i drink about 99.9% more water than diet coke.

I Dunno sometimes i find myself really hungry with no options except a stupid shake. But i'm giving myself a free half a day (like 2 meals) every saturday for now so i can live with that i guess.

I just get a little discouraged because i want nothing more than to be huge and ripped and all that, but i want to be able to live a little while i'm at it. Its like you said, i'm not trying to compete or anything, i'm just trying to get buffed up and healthy, not obese :P

Location: Lazy student, 19, from Sunny England, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    micky c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) micky c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) micky c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) micky c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) micky c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) micky c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) micky c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) micky c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) micky c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) micky c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) micky c has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    whats wrong with gravy? if its the instant stuff?
    whatever people say i am, thats what i'm not

Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000)
    I know once i'm in decent shape i wont be worrying about the goddamned sugar content in sushi, i'll just continue eating it the twice a month i tend to eat it for.
    Actually, no offense but at your weight I wouldn't worry about it. Long term consistency is going to be the ticket. Sure, I wouldn't go balistic on portions or eat out too much, but get the basics down and stick with it for the long term.

At sub 10% BF, I find I have to be much MORE careful becasue things can get out of hand quickly and adding just 1-3 lb makes a much bigger difference.

Prove you're worth a damn DJohnson's Avatar
    DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000)
    Speaking of vacation I was expecting to gain a lot of weight in my Feb. vacation to Mexico for a week. The resort we stayed at was so ghetto and the old thing that didn't look like week old vomit (and taste like it) was the chicken breasts, chicken legs and broccoli. They even had a gym with a bench and stuff so we did some lifting. Even with a disgusting amount of alcohol I probably made better gains during my vacation than I normally do at home.

Seriously though, you need to take a week off now and than from weight training to recooperate. So just try eat semi-healthy and eat a good amount so you're fully recooperated when you come back
    History: Mar, 2001: 135lbs @ ~14% | Nov, 2004: 245lbs @ ~40% | Dec, 2006: 168lbs @ 5.5%ish | Nov, 2008: 177lbs @ 5.5%ish | Dec, 2016: 179lbs

Originally Posted by Jules Verne
    Actually, no offense but at your weight I wouldn't worry about it. Long term consistency is going to be the ticket. Sure, I wouldn't go balistic on portions or eat out too much, but get the basics down and stick with it for the long term.

At sub 10% BF, I find I have to be much MORE careful becasue things can get out of hand quickly and adding just 1-3 lb makes a much bigger difference.
    No man no offense at all, and thats my point. I'm so heavy right now that honestly a portion of sushi wont kill me. I was eating 6000 calories or more a day of pure junk food to get this big, so sushi is a hell of a lot better than what i was at before.

Once i get down to the lower weight, thats when it'll matter. Thats what i'm trying to say...I guess it depends how much weight you need to lose.