Slivovica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slivovica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slivovica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slivovica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slivovica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slivovica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slivovica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My guide to training like an animal

Im leaving nothing to chance ive decided im going to keep a detailed log of my training that way i can check back on my progress therefore i can keep challenging myself in the gym and hopefully my gains will be all the better for it.

Ive just started a split that im fairly happy with it looks something like this:

Day 1: Chest/Back

Day 2: Legs

Day 3: Shoulders/Biceps/Triceps

Day 4: Rest day (Cardio if required)

Then repeat the cycle.

I hope you all enjoy reading my journal as i will try and keep it updated as often as possible and feel free to ask questions or offer advice.

Slivovica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slivovica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slivovica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slivovica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slivovica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slivovica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slivovica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So my workout journal will start on day 2 as i was unable to log day 1 due to forgetting my journal :-/ not to worry i remembered it for day 2 and here is how my leg workout went.

Lying Leg Curl:
    (1)Plate 5 - 16 reps
    (2)Plate 6 - 10 reps
    (3)Plate 7 - 6 reps.

Standing Single Leg Curl:
    (1)Plate 5 - 10 reps
    (2)Plate 5 - 10 reps
    (3)Plate 7 - 6 reps.

Leg Extensions Single Leg (Warm-Up):
    (1)Plate 2 - 20 reps on each leg
    (2)Plate 3 - 15 reps on each leg

ATG Squat (Smith Machine):
    (1)40kg - 9 reps
    (2)50kg - 6 reps
    (3)60kg - 4 reps

Hack Squat:
    (1)40kg - 8 reps
    (2)40kg - 8 reps
    (3)60kg - 6 reps

Leg Press:
    (1)120kg - 12 reps
    (2)160kg - 10 reps
    (3)180kg - 6 reps

Notes: My first hard leg workout for a few weeks so i eased back into it, i got caught in a trap of going too heavy before and letting my technique suffer so ive gone right down in weight and concentrating on strict form for slow controlled reps, all the way down and all the way up, and i tell you its alot harder work, also the weights i have recorded do not include bar weight etc its simply weight loaded onto, now im looking forward to day 3.
    Last edited by Slivovica; 04-29-2007 at 01:43 AM.

Day 3 today and it was time to hit the shoulders, biceps and triceps this is how the workout went.

Shoulders-
    Dumbell Standing Lateral Raises:
    (1)10kg - 12 reps
    (2)12.5kg - 6 reps
    (3)12.5kg - 6 reps

Behind The Neck Presses:
    (1)40kg - 12 reps
    (2)45kg - 9 reps
    (3)55kg - 4 reps
    (4)45kg - 9 reps

Wide Grip Upright Rows:
    (1)25kg - 10 reps
    (2)30kg - 8 reps
    (3)30kg - 8 reps

Bent Over Dumbell Lateral Raises:
    (1)6kg - 12 reps
    (2)7kg - 8 reps
    (3)7kg - 8 reps

Triceps-
    Close Grip Bench Press:
    (1)40kg - 12 reps
    (2)50kg - 10 reps
    (3)60kg - 8 reps
    (4)65kg - 7 reps

Dips:
    (1)bw - 8 reps
    (2)bw - 6 reps
    (3)bw - 6 reps
    (4)assisted dips plate 4 - 8 reps

Rope Pulldown:*
    (1)Plate 5 - 12 reps
    (2)Plate 6 - 10 reps
    (3)Plate 6 - 8 reps

Tricep Pushdowns:*
    (1)Plate 10 - 12 reps
    (2)Plate 11 - 6 reps
    (3)Plate 11 - 6 reps

Biceps-
    Underhand chins:
    (1)bw - 8 reps
    (2)bw - 6 reps
    (3)bw - 4 reps

Barbell Curls:
    (1)30kg - 12 reps
    (2)35kg - 9 reps
    (3)40kg - 5 reps

21's close grip barbell curl 25kg

Hammer Curls:
    (1)17.5kg - 8 reps
    (2)17.5kg - 6 reps
    (3)12.5kg - 12 reps

Notes: This felt like a good workout im pretty happy with the routine not too much im going to change with this. On a side note im still concentrating on keeping good form and technique rather than loading up the bar and seeing how much i can press so ill slowly build the weight up looking forward to see the difference in the coming weeks .. stay tuned.

* indicates exercises that were supersetted with eachother.

Day 4 today and its time for a rest before im back into the cycle tommorow, which will include my first post for a day 1 chest/back routine till then stay cool... im off to bulk!

Okay i didnt manage to update my journal yesterday so ill be putting up my results for my Day 1 and then ill be posting todays Day 2 results.

First of all Day 1 and this was my second workout under this new cycle however the first ive posted the workout went like this.

CHEST:
    Flat Bench Press Barbell:
    (1)70kg - 12 reps
    (2)80kg - 9 reps
    (3)90kg - 5 reps
    (4)80kg - 7 reps

Incline Bench Press Barbell:
    (1)50kg - 12 reps
    (2)60kg - 8 reps
    (3)60kg - 8 reps
    (4)70kg - 5 reps

Incline Dumbell Flies:
    (1)15kg - 9 reps
    (2)15kg - 9 reps
    (3)17.5kg - 6 reps

Decline Bench Press Barbell:
    (1)60kg - 12 reps
    (2)70kg - 9 reps
    (3)80kg - 6 reps

BACK:
    Assisted Chins:
    (1)Plate 8 - 6 reps
    (2)Plate 8 - 6 reps
    (3)Plate 8 - 6 reps

Vertical Wide Grip Rows:
    (1)20kg - 12 reps
    (2)30kg - 8 reps
    (3)35kg - 5 reps
    (4)35kg - 5 reps

Horizontal Wide Grip Rows:
    (1)15kg - 12 reps
    (2)20kg - 10 reps
    (3)25kg - 8 reps
    (4)25kg - 8 reps

Pulldowns Close Grip:
    (1)Plate 10 - 12 reps
    (2)Plate 11 - 9 reps
    (3)Plate 12 - 6 reps
    (4)Plate 12 - 6 reps

Notes: Was a very tough workout my forearms felt it since ive stopped using straps, i like the chest/back idea however ill most likely tweak my workout till i find something that im more happier with. Legs up next cant wait first time i can start to compare results even though its my 2nd time around of the cycle its already a chance to start pushing myself to better past results, stay tuned!

Change of routine

Okay due to several reasons im going to be changing up my routine id rather do it now than get further into my cycle and then change, several factors have caused this but i wont go into that, so im going to focus now on a upper/lower body split primarily focusing on compound movements.

Ill be starting this tommorow, so ill do a full write up of it tommorow including my upper and lower body split my goals my nutrition etc till then keep training hard.

Location: On the Ho Chi Min Trail Sippin on a 40oz of Old English 800, Vietnam
    MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I saw the title of your journal and had to stop in. Good work, keep it up. Slow and steady wins the race.
    Death is winning. Do something.- Sam Boyd