Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Angry Deadlifts are killing my back!

So, I just added deadlifts to my routine 2 weeks ago.
    Problem is...my back is killing me for the second time.
    I have read that bent-leg deadlifts are an excellent exercise to add to my back routine.
    But, it is killing me.
    I am making a concious effort to breathe in as I lower and exhale as I raise. I am also keep the barbell all but against my shins and quads throughout the entire motion.
    Also, I have been trying to extend my legs before starightening my back as I raise. This I was told, would help protect my lower back.

It isn't!

Any suggestions?

Eric.

skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

dkimpel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Eric - I added them a month or so ago. Back feels strong but fatigued afterward. If you're doing them properly mechanically, you may want to decrease the weight. Form is always #1, I am finding. Weight will follow. Also, do deads only 1x per week, as they really take it out of you and you've got to give your back time to recover. You DO NOT want to injure your back, trust me. Good luck dude.

Gabe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gabe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gabe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gabe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gabe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gabe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gabe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gabe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gabe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gabe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gabe is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I hope that you are nut pulling the weight up by rounding your back. I remember the first time i did dead lifts, i did that and my back was hurting for weeks.

BoxerUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You need to start off with a very light weight and only increase the weight gradually.
    Moderator at rossboxing.com

moomoomoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    stick ur ass out and keep your head up
    i find this helps me keep my back straight for both deadlifts and squats

Bigpecs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bigpecs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bigpecs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bigpecs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bigpecs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bigpecs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bigpecs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bigpecs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bigpecs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bigpecs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bigpecs has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Have to make sure you breathe and keep back staight. Deads can give some nasty back injuries if not done properly.
    Top 10 reasons to date a wrestler
    10.Knows how to ride.
    9.Never stalls on bottom.
    8.Can score from any position.
    7. Knows how to work a 2 on 1.
    6.Knows how to use his hips.
    5.Goes hard from start to finish
    4.Endurance,Endurance,Endurance
    3.Knows when to push and pull
    2.Will eat anything.
    1.Always wears his head gear....

lift28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Try to drop a littlie weight and make sure you warm up really well. Dont rush, it takes a long time and lots of sore back days to get it right.

whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Could be your hip flexors are too tight, that's the problem I've had when doing deads. I'd be ok for one light set, then pain on the next.

Make sure you are stretching your back, hip and hams at the end of your workouts and on off-days. The progress has been slow but it is helping.

Fatporker has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fatporker has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fatporker has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fatporker has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fatporker has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fatporker has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fatporker has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fatporker has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fatporker has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fatporker has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fatporker has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

hmm

i member when i first did deadlifts 2 years ago... i started out light to get the technique down

started with 135 pounds.. the motions felt good but after a couple sets i could barely stand cuz back was so fatigued.

then for a week my back was so stiff sitting down getting up and tieing my shoes took a very long time

i would make weird noises while bending over taking 5-10 seconds to bend

i hated it.. i pretty sure i wasnt doing them right

i havent done em since to afriad =)

Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I know what you mean, fatporker!
    I had been working with 135 pounds to keep it light.
    I am doing everything to the t...that I am aware. My face is looking directly into the mirror the entire time to keep my back straight. Foot placement is a little wider than shoulder-width with toes slightly pointed out. Try to keep my knees from going too far past the toes. Pushing up with legs before straightening back.

Last time I did them, I was good until around my 6th rep in the 3 set. I was doing 4 sets of 12. On that rep my lower back "twinged". I knew I had fu*ked it up at that very moment...again.

Now I am wondering if a weighlifting belt would help? Or, is it just keeping me from strengthening what needs to be stronger?

Yesterday I was talking to guys at the gym, and they were all saying drop em. I think I am only about 1 of 3 people I have ever seen doing deads.

Eric.

Fatporker has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fatporker has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fatporker has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fatporker has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fatporker has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fatporker has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fatporker has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fatporker has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fatporker has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fatporker has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fatporker has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    im not experienced at all but belts add support and if u use a belt a lot its like a crutch then say u stop using the belt u dont have that crutch no more and u may hurt urself?

i dunno i think thats what would happen

Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally posted by Eric_FXST
    Last time I did them, I was good until around my 6th rep in the 3 set. I was doing 4 sets of 12. On that rep my lower back "twinged". I knew I had fu*ked it up at that very moment...again.
    4 sets of 12 is a lot of reps. It could be fatigue affecting you.

Markus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Markus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Markus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Markus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Markus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Markus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Markus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

dont think... use your BELT