7empest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 7empest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 7empest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 7empest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 7empest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 7empest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 7empest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 7empest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 7empest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 7empest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 7empest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

stingray bass vs fender jazz bass vs fender p bass?

which would you pick and why?
    Overthinking, overanalysing separates the body from the mind

sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It depends on what your sound concept is for bass. Every studio has a P-Bass with flats on the wall. A whole lot of folk's have had their parts overdubbed by a p-bass. It's good to have a P-bass with flats and one with rounds. A J-bass is pretty good, can get noisy due to the single coil pickups if you try to go with the neck or the bridge. They also have issues with dead notes on the neck. A G&L version of the J is better. Stingray is a different animal, pretty cool, would like to have one. My stable is a Taylor AB-1, Alembic Spoiler, Warwick Streamer Stage 1 5 string with Bartolini's, a fretless P-bass with an EMG (to be reconstructed into a P/soapbar EMG body). and I have another stock P-bass with a custom wound pickup that sports flats or rounds (currently rounds).

7empest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 7empest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 7empest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 7empest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 7empest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 7empest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 7empest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 7empest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 7empest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 7empest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 7empest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by sowilson View Post
    It depends on what your sound concept is for bass. Every studio has a P-Bass with flats on the wall. A whole lot of folk's have had their parts overdubbed by a p-bass. It's good to have a P-bass with flats and one with rounds. A J-bass is pretty good, can get noisy due to the single coil pickups if you try to go with the neck or the bridge. They also have issues with dead notes on the neck. A G&L version of the J is better. Stingray is a different animal, pretty cool, would like to have one. My stable is a Taylor AB-1, Alembic Spoiler, Warwick Streamer Stage 1 5 string with Bartolini's, a fretless P-bass with an EMG (to be reconstructed into a P/soapbar EMG body). and I have another stock P-bass with a custom wound pickup that sports flats or rounds (currently rounds).
    wow thanks mate, on recharge

a lot to look into here cheers, didn't realise a Stingray is a completely different beast to that extent wow?

I was gonna say Warwick too, really want one of those, apparently though a Musicman Stingray can create sounds that a Warwick can't - no idea how though

sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    just take time and play lots of basses and have an idea of what tone concept you're going for. It's also instructive to try and find recording stems so you can isolate the bass part and hear how it sounds. You'll be surprised that a lot of time it won't sound particularly great when isolated but then it sits in the mix. A p-bass has an uncanny ability to sit in the mix like no other. As an example. My Warwick growls. I run it through my SWR rig and it just growls - which is great for playing in a rock band. My Alembic on the other hand is a real hi-fi bass. Clean, clear, distinct, and somewhat unforgiving for technique. Of course I can set it up like Entwistle's and make it roar but that's mainly right hand technique. I like it for folk, Americana, jazz, and such. The Taylor has had some work and with the addition of another pickup and using tapes it can be a real woody sound that I really like. Of course the p-bass with flats (fretless) has a good p-bass vibe and very old school. so play numerous instruments and you'll find one that works for you.

ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I dint play bass but have been tempted by another Gretsch and a squier jaguar 6 string electrics.

Originally Posted by sowilson View Post
    just take time and play lots of basses and have an idea of what tone concept you're going for. It's also instructive to try and find recording stems so you can isolate the bass part and hear how it sounds. You'll be surprised that a lot of time it won't sound particularly great when isolated but then it sits in the mix. A p-bass has an uncanny ability to sit in the mix like no other. As an example. My Warwick growls. I run it through my SWR rig and it just growls - which is great for playing in a rock band. My Alembic on the other hand is a real hi-fi bass. Clean, clear, distinct, and somewhat unforgiving for technique. Of course I can set it up like Entwistle's and make it roar but that's mainly right hand technique. I like it for folk, Americana, jazz, and such. The Taylor has had some work and with the addition of another pickup and using tapes it can be a real woody sound that I really like. Of course the p-bass with flats (fretless) has a good p-bass vibe and very old school. so play numerous instruments and you'll find one that works for you.
    that's aweomse mate thank you, still trying to work out why you would want a P bass vs J bass because Precision seems like something you want with all bass playing?

cheers again I'm gonna try a load