weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Question Consuming protein in the evening

I have dinner around 5, cottage cheese around 8 and eggs around 10. Then I have a casein shake 30 min before bed around 11.

Are these protein consumptions too late in the evening or too tight? Would meal timing matter here?

I know carbs before going to sleep isn't good but I'm just afraid the two meals before the casein shake is too late to fully count. I don't want the stuff to store as fat.
    Last edited by weppe; 01-16-2024 at 03:00 PM.
    <Anxiety Crew>

Bodybuilding motivation
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTBZCr0EuhY

Prepare Perform Prevail SuicideGripMe's Avatar
    SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Eating before bed is a personal preference. Eating before bed will not cause extra weight gain or anything like that, it'll just maybe lead to some discomfort or trouble sleeping for some people.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180003183&p=1635918623#post1635918623
    New Shanghai Log!

"225, 315, 405 whatever. Yeah these benchmark digits come to mean a lot to us, the few warriors in this arena. They are, however, just numbers. I'm guilty of that sh*t too, waiting for somebody to powder my nuts cuz I did 20 reps of whatever the **** on the bench. Big f*king deal. It is all relative." G Diesel

weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SuicideGripMe View Post
    Eating before bed is a personal preference. Eating before bed will not cause extra weight gain or anything like that, it'll just maybe lead to some discomfort or trouble sleeping for some people.
    I eat whole eggs so there's some more stuff other than only protein. That's fine?
    <Anxiety Crew>

Bodybuilding motivation

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by weppe View Post
    I eat whole eggs so there's some more stuff other than only protein. That's fine?
    If you sleep alone, a bunch of eggs are fine.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    If you sleep alone, a bunch of eggs are fine.
    Hahaha. My stomach doesn't get upset by the typical stuff I feel blessed for that.
    <Anxiety Crew>

Bodybuilding motivation

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Meal/nutrient timing in the grand scheme of things is largely irrelevant as long as you're hitting your weekly calorie/macro targets.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

Prepare Perform Prevail SuicideGripMe's Avatar
    SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    Meal/nutrient timing in the grand scheme of things is largely irrelevant as long as you're hitting your weekly calorie/macro targets.
    Great line, especially the weekly calorie/macro target. Too many people get hyperfocused on macro/micros per day that it becomes almost unsustainable from a cooking/cost standpoint, especially if doing IF.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180003183&p=1635918623#post1635918623
    New Shanghai Log!

"225, 315, 405 whatever. Yeah these benchmark digits come to mean a lot to us, the few warriors in this arena. They are, however, just numbers. I'm guilty of that sh*t too, waiting for somebody to powder my nuts cuz I did 20 reps of whatever the **** on the bench. Big f*king deal. It is all relative." G Diesel

kimnancy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimnancy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimnancy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimnancy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimnancy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimnancy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimnancy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimnancy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimnancy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimnancy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimnancy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by weppe View Post
    I have dinner around 5, cottage cheese around 8 and eggs around 10. Then I have a casein shake 30 min before bed around 11.

Are these protein consumptions too late in the evening or too tight? Would meal timing matter here?

I know carbs before going to sleep isn't good but I'm just afraid the two meals before the casein shake is too late to fully count. I don't want the stuff to store as fat.
    Your protein consumption timing is generally fine. Having cottage cheese and eggs before a casein shake is good for nighttime protein intake. Meal timing matters, but it's unlikely to store as fat with a protein-focused approach. Don't worry too much; your current routine seems balanced.

DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Carbs are fine before bed