Charles7261 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Are deadlifts and lat pull-down enough for a thick and wide back?

As title says are deadlifts and lat pull-down enough for a thick and wide back?

jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yes

Serious answer, yes

Sure, you can incorporate rows, but deadlifts and pulldowns can be enough for a thick and wide back.
    I like to learn from the mistakes of the people who take my advice.

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Maybe but why wouldn't you do rows?
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #79 ▪█─────█▪

Thetoplesschef is not very well liked. (-100) Thetoplesschef is not very well liked. (-100) Thetoplesschef is not very well liked. (-100) Thetoplesschef is not very well liked. (-100) Thetoplesschef is not very well liked. (-100) Thetoplesschef is not very well liked. (-100) Thetoplesschef is not very well liked. (-100) Thetoplesschef is not very well liked. (-100) Thetoplesschef is not very well liked. (-100) Thetoplesschef is not very well liked. (-100) Thetoplesschef is not very well liked. (-100)
    For the V shape can just do lat pull downs, pull ups and DL. For proper definition across the back I think bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows are two more exercises I would do.

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    You need to do a horizontal and vertical pull, or otherwise you will look like Quasimodo. He is the hunchback of Notre Dame for you 'tards that don't know who Quasimodo is.

Funihe renal hoses in Cofevile Kasa. Washe/drye, ful kitcen, cale/wif, all bils paid. Weders, fiters, boiermakes, ecticians, inpecors the refiery, soybea plat, bio disel plat, piplie and anmal fod plat conracos.

jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Thetoplesschef View Post
    For the V shape can just do lat pull downs, pull ups and DL. For proper definition across the back I think bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows are two more exercises I would do.
    What is proper definition?
    Pulldowns grow the lats, rhomboids, posterior delts.
    Deadlifts grow the traps and the spinal erectors.
    What back muscle only grows by doing rows and doesn't grow by doing pulldowns and deadlifts?

Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    You need to do a horizontal and vertical pull, or otherwise you will look like Quasimodo. He is the hunchback of Notre Dame for you 'tards that don't know who Quasimodo is.
    Indeed, calisthenic guys who only do pullups (fewer do bodyweight rows) are hunchbacks.

Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    Maybe but why wouldn't you do rows?
    Cables and machines are OK, but bentover dumbbells and barbell rows... dainty human position... basically, OP would be asking for a rape.

Same for lat prayers... OP can never be too careful.
    Last edited by jaxqen; 11-12-2023 at 04:17 AM.

Thetoplesschef is not very well liked. (-100) Thetoplesschef is not very well liked. (-100) Thetoplesschef is not very well liked. (-100) Thetoplesschef is not very well liked. (-100) Thetoplesschef is not very well liked. (-100) Thetoplesschef is not very well liked. (-100) Thetoplesschef is not very well liked. (-100) Thetoplesschef is not very well liked. (-100) Thetoplesschef is not very well liked. (-100) Thetoplesschef is not very well liked. (-100) Thetoplesschef is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by jaxqen View Post
    What is proper definition?
    Pulldowns grow the lats, rhomboids, posterior delts.
    Deadlifts grow the traps and the spinal erectors.
    What back muscle only grows by doing rows and doesn't grow by doing pulldowns and deadlifts?

Definition was a wrong word. But bent over rows will target the Rhomboids and posterior delts far more than pulldowns, I'm not sure how you do pulldowns. Do you lie backwards like horizontal? lol
    Last edited by Thetoplesschef; 11-13-2023 at 04:43 AM. Reason: Typo

Originally Posted by Thetoplesschef View Post
    Definition was a wrong word. But bent over rows will target the Rhomboids and posterior delts far more than pulldowns, I'm not sure how you do pulldowns. Do you lie backwards like horizontal? lol
    So what is the right word?
    I disagree. Not far more.
    Pulldown can be done in many ways: wide/narrow/medium grip, supinated/pronated/neutral grip, unilateral, or just different positions of the body. If you lean a little back and stay there, making the movement more diagonal, but still a pulldown, not a high row, the rhomboids and the posterior delts are more activated.
    Also, rhomboids and posterior delts are worked during deadlifts.
    And posterior delts can be worked with shoulder specific exercises: face pulls, reverse flies.

I'm not bashing rows.
    If he would have asked "Are deadlifts and cable rows enough for a thick and wide back?" the answer would still be Yes.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP, stop asking redundant questions and start lifting weights.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well you have to do something, and choosing two of the best back exercises should do it.