dphilli3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dphilli3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dphilli3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dphilli3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dphilli3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dphilli3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dphilli3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dphilli3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dphilli3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dphilli3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dphilli3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Gaining weight in a calorie deficit?

Hello!

I just started working out again after 6 months after i had bicep tendonesis surgery for a torn bicep tendon. At the end of March, I was going to the gym regularly for a week or two, doing 3 x 30 min of cardio a week and working out 5 days a weeek for around 80 minutes. I was consuming around 130g of carbs, 76g fat and 240g of protein or so during this time and ate around 2080 calories. I was losing around .7-.8 lbs a week.

Easter kind of messed up my consistency.. But being back into it and very consistent, I am eating 2330 calories, 37g fat , 203g carbs and 301g of protein and i do 5x 45 min sessions of cardio a week and 70-80 min during my intense workouts… I went from 198.9 to 201.5 and as I have measured every other day, it keeps going up??! I’m confused. I also drink 1.75-2.25 gallons of water a day.

Is it possible the increased carbs are giving me water weight?, I am recomping or am i just not eating the right calories?

I track consistently and flawless, weighing and tracking meat cooked , as well as rice cooked ,oats raw, protein raw obvs, and eggs raw. So i’m joy seeing where I’m going wrong ..

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Eat less if weight loss is your goal, try the 2080 calories you were losing weight at before.

Give it a longer window if you want to be sure, but if you continue to gain weight, then by definition you aren't in a deficit at 2330 regardless of what an online calculator might tell you.

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    for how long has your weight been going up? if it's been 2-3 weeks, you need to lower your calories. why suddenly increase them in the first place when you were losing weight at a decent rate? and i don't think anyone needs 240g of protein per day, not to mention 301g... half of that is plenty for you

but dude, why are you tracking rice and meat cooked? cooked rice can throw you off because of water, so it's not exactly "consistent and flawless" tracking - weighing stuff raw lets you be way more precise

GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by dphilli3 View Post

I track consistently and flawless, weighing and tracking meat cooked , as well as rice cooked ,oats raw, protein raw obvs, and eggs raw. So i’m joy seeing where I’m going wrong ..
    Might be the tracking meat cooked. Weigh the meat uncooked. It loses weight when cooked.
    "There is no question that belts assist in generating a few more Newton-meters (or foot-pounds) of torque in the torso through elastic recoil of a bent orso that is stiffened with a belt. However, if a neutral spine is preserved throughout the lift this effect is minimal. In other words, to obtain the maximal effect from a belt, the lifter must lift poorly and in a way that exposed the back to a much higher risk of injury!”

dphilli3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dphilli3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dphilli3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dphilli3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dphilli3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dphilli3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dphilli3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dphilli3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dphilli3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dphilli3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dphilli3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Deficit

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Eat less if weight loss is your goal, try the 2080 calories you were losing weight at before.

Give it a longer window if you want to be sure, but if you continue to gain weight, then by definition you aren't in a deficit at 2330 regardless of what an online calculator might tell you.

I mean yeah yeah but it’s so confusing . even when i calculate my TDEE which ****, if i do 6 days of workout , and 5 days of 45 minure cardio burning 345-500 each cardio session… HOW AM I NOT in a deficit at 2300. and , could be my metabolism at 27 but still. So there’s no way i could be in a recomposition ? even tho i’ve been out of the gym
    and packed on a little weight during the 6 months i’ve been out? I’m gaining on. alll my lifts but yeah i was thinking of just cutting my calories 10% and just seeing where it gets me but 2080 is low.

Originally Posted by GROSO View Post
    Might be the tracking meat cooked. Weigh the meat uncooked. It loses weight when cooked.
    well no, the thing is, is i weigh it coooked and i track it cooked. so 4 oz of uncooked chicken is like 100 and whatever calories but… i weigh it as 3 oz.. and it’s still yielding the same nutritional info. i guess i could weigh and track uncooked but **** it’s a lot of work and i cook each meal everyday fresh because it’s gross if i cook it all at once. but you think it’s the tracking?

tracking and weight loss.

Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    for how long has your weight been going up? if it's been 2-3 weeks, you need to lower your calories. why suddenly increase them in the first place when you were losing weight at a decent rate? and i don't think anyone needs 240g of protein per day, not to mention 301g... half of that is plenty for you

but dude, why are you tracking rice and meat cooked? cooked rice can throw you off because of water, so it's not exactly "consistent and flawless" tracking - weighing stuff raw lets you be way more precise
    well, it seems my weight goes up every other day like even tho this morning i pissed out a **** ton of water, i was at 201.5… i also uppped my carbs by 40g… and i have pink salt with almost every meal, and also upped my carbs by 300 to reflect my additional cardio. but also, there’s one week wherre i was eating 2100 calories and 60 min cardio 5x a week and still saw like .2-.3 change in weight loss… so i’m not exactly sure… i weigh things cooked and
    i track them cooked so they aren’t any discrepencies. Also 1.5g per pound of bw, i’m trying to maintain mass and if possible , recomp.. if i can reduce protein , that’s an option too. i’m just confused

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dphilli3 View Post
    I mean yeah yeah but it’s so confusing . even when i calculate my TDEE which ****, if i do 6 days of workout , and 5 days of 45 minure cardio burning 345-500 each cardio session… HOW AM I NOT in a deficit at 2300. and , could be my metabolism at 27 but still. So there’s no way i could be in a recomposition ? even tho i’ve been out of the gym
    and packed on a little weight during the 6 months i’ve been out? I’m gaining on. alll my lifts but yeah i was thinking of just cutting my calories 10% and just seeing where it gets me but 2080 is low.
    It's not some great mystery that needs to be solved, just eat less. If you lose at 2080 but you felt it was too low, and you're gaining at 2300, try 2150 and adjust further as necessary.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    It's not some great mystery that needs to be solved, just eat less. If you lose at 2080 but you felt it was too low, and you're gaining at 2300, try 2150 and adjust further as necessary.

well no of course not . but it seems odd that i gain almost a pound at 2330 and lost a pound at 2050? so hmm. i mean it’s obviously common sense. i’m just trying to rule out recomposition or water weight etc. but i mean it’s always trial and error

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My weight can fluctuate up to 8 lbs in a few hours on some days and I only weigh 150-160 lbs. I just look at trends.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    My weight can fluctuate up to 8 lbs in a few hours on some days and I only weigh 150-160 lbs. I just look at trends.
    do you take averages of the week?

yoked4women is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yoked4women is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yoked4women is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yoked4women is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yoked4women is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yoked4women is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yoked4women is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yoked4women is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yoked4women is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yoked4women is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yoked4women is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Watch the amount of sugar brah srs.
    Cries about Mod negs-crew

itsannie is not very well liked. (-100) itsannie is not very well liked. (-100) itsannie is not very well liked. (-100) itsannie is not very well liked. (-100) itsannie is not very well liked. (-100) itsannie is not very well liked. (-100) itsannie is not very well liked. (-100) itsannie is not very well liked. (-100) itsannie is not very well liked. (-100) itsannie is not very well liked. (-100) itsannie is not very well liked. (-100)
    It's possible that the increase in carbs could be causing some water retention, especially if your body was not used to that level of carbohydrate intake before. Additionally, it's important to keep in mind that weight fluctuations can be caused by a variety of factors, including changes in water weight, changes in muscle mass, and changes in fat mass.

It's also possible that you may not be eating the right amount of calories for your current level of activity. Although your calorie intake may have worked for you before your surgery, it's possible that your body's needs have changed as a result of the surgery and the time off from working out. It may be worth reevaluating your calorie needs based on your current activity level and adjusting your intake accordingly.

It's great that you are tracking your food intake so closely, but it's important to remember that tracking is not an exact science and there can be some variation in the accuracy of the calorie and nutrient information provided by food tracking apps or websites. If you continue to have concerns about your weight and are not seeing the results you want, you may want to consider speaking with a registered dietitian or certified personal trainer who can help you fine-tune your nutrition and exercise plan to meet your goals.