absf will become famous soon enough. (+50) absf will become famous soon enough. (+50) absf will become famous soon enough. (+50) absf will become famous soon enough. (+50) absf will become famous soon enough. (+50) absf will become famous soon enough. (+50) absf will become famous soon enough. (+50) absf will become famous soon enough. (+50) absf will become famous soon enough. (+50) absf will become famous soon enough. (+50) absf will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Why is my Bench so Low Compared to my DB Bench?

So my db bench is 60 in each, while my bb is only 135. To add to that, my bench pr is 140. I was wondering why my bb bench is so low. I don't think it's my form, since I do the same thing when I do db bench (kness at 90 degrees, use leg drive on final reps, lie on shoulder blades rather than flat), and I keep my hands slightly out of shoulder width. The only two things I think I can do is start benching more, or maybe my triceps are weaker than my chest and front delt. Also, a monthish ago when my db bench was 50, my bb bench was 135, but even though I added 10lb to each hand, my bb bench remained the same. So I was wondering if all I need to do is bb bench more, and how long would it take for my bb bench to db bench ratio to increase?

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by absf View Post
    (kness at 90 degrees, use leg drive on final reps, lie on shoulder blades rather than flat), and I keep my hands slightly out of shoulder width.
    Your form sucks.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Did you really need to create a second thread on this subject after you already got responses last time?

safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Seems about right to me. My dumbell bench is 100 per hand and my barbell is about 220ish

absf will become famous soon enough. (+50) absf will become famous soon enough. (+50) absf will become famous soon enough. (+50) absf will become famous soon enough. (+50) absf will become famous soon enough. (+50) absf will become famous soon enough. (+50) absf will become famous soon enough. (+50) absf will become famous soon enough. (+50) absf will become famous soon enough. (+50) absf will become famous soon enough. (+50) absf will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    Your form sucks.
    Which part specifically?

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Did you really need to create a second thread on this subject after you already got responses last time?
    I didn't make a prior thread.

Originally Posted by safcpaul View Post
    Seems about right to me. My dumbell bench is 100 per hand and my barbell is about 220ish
    But isn't my db to bb bench ratio pretty small? I have friends who press less than me (50 & 55lb) but their bench pr's are a lot higher (160 and 175). I'm almost at the point where my db bench is the same as my bb bench.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I didn't make a prior thread.
    Right. https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=182697363

But isn't my db to bb bench ratio pretty small? I have friends who press less than me (50 & 55lb) but their bench pr's are a lot higher (160 and 175). I'm almost at the point where my db bench is the same as my bb bench.
    Both aren't great, and your form from this and your prior thread sounds like it sucks for both. You also probably quarter rep your db press. There's no proper ratio, if you want to increase one or both, train one or both - and get stronger in general with a proper overall program.

Not sure what you're complaining about. Your lifts are what you train them to be.

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Dumb bell presses will utilize assistant secondary movers (stabilizers) in the lift. When you bench with a straight bar the use of stabilizers is much less. That's why you can do more weight with a bar.
    Funishe renal hoses in Cofeville Kasas. Washe/drye, full kitcen, cale/wif, all bils paid. Weders, fiters, boilermakes, electicians, inpectors the refiery, soybea plat, bio disel plant, pipline and anmal fod plant conractos.

safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not really. Just focus on getting stronger. You're not really at a strength level to be bothered about this stuff. Also make sure you lift with proper form. My dumbell and barbell bench both touch my chest. I always see people Dumbell benching half or even quarter reps

Originally Posted by safcpaul View Post
    Not really. Just focus on getting stronger. You're not really at a strength level to be bothered about this stuff. Also make sure you lift with proper form. My dumbell and barbell bench both touch my chest. I always see people Dumbell benching half or even quarter reps
    Alright. Is it fine if I don’t fully lock out on db? Personally, it feels like my chest does more work without locking out.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Which part specifically?
    Everything I quoted. Knee angle isn't a consideration in your set up. Leg drive should be on every rep. You should set up on your traps if you're going for weight. Slight outside shoulder width grip is very narrow, even for close-grip bench.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Both aren't great, and your form from this and your prior thread sounds like it sucks for both. You also probably quarter rep your db press. There's no proper ratio, if you want to increase one or both, train one or both - and get stronger in general with a proper overall program.

Not sure what you're complaining about. Your lifts are what you train them to be.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I thought I discarded the first one. I looked at a video on proper form, and I can see that my form can improve, but for db bench, I do full rom (aside locking out elbows at the top)

Oh, I thought I discarded the first one. I looked at a video on proper form, and I can see that my form can improve, but for db bench, I do full rom (aside locking out elbows at the top)
    Well this is a pretty circular discussion then. See my comments above both on your form/training & your prior thread. Good luck!

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I do full rom (aside locking out elbows at the top)
    That's like saying I'm following a strict diet. Except I have a cheat meal each night of pizza, burgers, wings.
    Funishe renal hoses in Cofeville Kasas. Washe/drye, full kitcen, cale/wif, all bils paid. Weders, fiters, boilermakes, electicians, inpectors the refiery, soybea plat, bio disel plant, pipline and anmal fod plant conractos.

Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    That's like saying I'm following a strict diet. Except I have a cheat meal each night of pizza, burgers, wings.
    And when someone says that, it's usually much worse than that. There was a guy next to me at the gym earlier today doing db press with 80s, but he was barely moving... a quarter rep somewhere in the middle of the movement. He probably thinks he does a full rom aside from the lockout to.

Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    If it helps, I can send a video of my ROM.