ddougy is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Sharp chest pain instead of pump

whenever i workout or flex my chest always has this weird sharp pain instead of how it usually feels when you get a pump, i struggle to feel my chest and this pain sometimes occurs during other exercises such as ez bar curls. anyone know why this happening? btw i am 5ft 3, 14 and 105 pounds.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    You may have a minor muscle strain. Don't do any exercise that causes this pain. If it persists, you need to work with a sports physio.

JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    SuffolkPunch is completely right. It could simply be a minor strain or tear. Could also be costochondritis or something else. Can you give us a little more detail?

I usually think PQRST when assessing pain. Especially chest pain, although yours doesn't sound dangerous.

PQRST is:

Palliation, precipitation. Flexing and exercise makes it worse, any other details? Coughing? Deep breath? Pushing on the area?
    Quality: You already said it's sharp. like a cramp? like being stabbed?
    Radiation: Staying in one location? Radiating? Also, exact location. Medial/sternal, more lateral?
    Subjective: So how bad is it?
    Timing: Does it happen only when you flex or are lifting. Sudden onset immediately after using the muscles. After you finish the workout? When did it start, days, weeks... Is it getting better or worse.

Also, what are you doing to treat or mitigate the pain? Tylenol, NSAID, ice pack, heating pad, rest... and do they help?

I don't actually look in the body fit forum, but "chest pain" caught my eye on the main mene, so I clicked. Ignore my questions if you got better already.
    Could you define ______ for me, please?