Gabriel51 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gabriel51 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gabriel51 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gabriel51 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gabriel51 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gabriel51 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gabriel51 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gabriel51 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gabriel51 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gabriel51 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gabriel51 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Powertec LEG PRESS ACCESSORY (WB-LPA13)

Has anyone used the newer LEG PRESS ACCESSORY (WB-LPA13)?

What did you think? It looks much better than the previous model.

I would attach a link or picture but I have not met the 50 post rule?

Location: London, Greater London, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000)
    That doesn't really look very sturdy and costs below $200 so I assume that you can't rly put too much weight on it. I'd stick with leg curls and front squats instead lol.
    Getting me some gains

Lifting log http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154103&p=103762993#post10302993
    My lifting gear part 1 (bodysolid power rack, bench, lat attachment) http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1509633
    My lifting gear part 2 (bodypower weights, texas power bar) http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151184793&p=1011390903#post10110903

xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    you can usually score a vertical leg press for less money, and they usually have a much higher weight rating
    ()---() York Barbell Club #37 ()---()

Gabriel51 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gabriel51 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gabriel51 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gabriel51 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gabriel51 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gabriel51 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gabriel51 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gabriel51 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gabriel51 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gabriel51 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gabriel51 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It has a 400 lb. rating, the later/newest version (LPA13) is much sturdier than the original one.
    Because of where the plates are located you would actually be pushing more than is loaded.

Has anyone had any experience with this (WB-LPA13) unit?

jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have the 2011(last years model) and it was garbage. Clumsy, awkward and a pain in the ass to take in/out. Stay away at all costs.
    ---------------------------------------
    "Fast is not fast enough, strong is not strong enough."
    ----------------------------------------

Originally Posted by jamesovercome View Post
    I have the 2011(last years model) and it was garbage. Clumsy, awkward and a pain in the ass to take in/out. Stay away at all costs.
    The newer one is vastly different from the one you have, that's why I'm looking for someone that has used the 13.

Amelia11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amelia11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amelia11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amelia11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amelia11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amelia11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amelia11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amelia11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amelia11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amelia11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Leg accessory

I made the mistake of buying the most updated one and its a piece of crap dude!!!! Even with side loaded plates and the stabilizer in the front it's still a sloppy P.O.S. I put 180lbs on it at the most and it still scares me a bit.........not to mention the movement of it sucks in general. I have it hooked to a powertec obd11 bench and if you put a lot of weight on it it will cause your entire bench to fall forward and that stabilizer leg will slide up the shaft since the pin doesn't actually lock into a hole it just presses up against the square tube!! Very scary and extremely stupid. They say this thing is rated for like 400lbs! I wouldn't put half that on it!

Originally Posted by Amelia11 View Post
    I made the mistake of buying the most updated one and its a piece of crap dude!!!! Even with side loaded plates and the stabilizer in the front it's still a sloppy P.O.S. I put 180lbs on it at the most and it still scares me a bit.........not to mention the movement of it sucks in general. I have it hooked to a powertec obd11 bench and if you put a lot of weight on it it will cause your entire bench to fall forward and that stabilizer leg will slide up the shaft since the pin doesn't actually lock into a hole it just presses up against the square tube!! Very scary and extremely stupid. They say this thing is rated for like 400lbs! I wouldn't put half that on it!
    Thanks

KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

[QUOTE=KSA;1010744933]Not stable :

That translates to this (more or less)

opportunity to show the powertec, the system does not allow more than 130kgs (286.6 Lbs) I am wrong load so I took the opportunity to make a series. Except in cases of poor care I will never again no more to avoid dangers. It is more stable at 130kgs but when it kicks explosive hand with the front stabilizer is adjustable without a hole, is a big flaw I found, because often there is 1cms or 2 positoin between low soil and stabilizer, and high position the whole bench dips ahead to get on the ground, even if it is not it is very impressive.

pdc ~ 93kgs so I'm not against a good weight, it would have been wiser to place a system for attaching the frame, the barbarians on the bench as it seems.

Thanks for posting that video link...

Registered User Curbside_Quiche's Avatar
    Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000)
    We have sold loads of Leg Press Accessories and the feedback from our customers has been good.

First up, it is an Accessory - not a stand alone leg press - so if you adapt your training accordingly you will get good use out of it.

Generally home weight trainers are bit restricted for legs. They either have a power rack or multi gym like the Powertec Multi System where they are doing squats, mixed in with some leg extensions and leg curls.

So their bread and butter exercise will still be squats/front squats, leg press accessory gives some variety. So do your squats with heavier weight and lower reps. Use the leg press with lighter weight and higher reps.

Lee Priest used to leg press with 50 to 100reps - so the leg press accessory is perfect for this kind of application.

Legs are one bodypart that respond to higher reps, and squats are best for this type of training because I find my back muscles start to tighten up before my legs go.

You could also do a volume training type set where you might do 10 sets of 10 reps with only 30 seconds rest in between.

Here is what one of our customers came up with - http://samsfitness.com.au/blog/testi...pressaccessory

From my experience weight trainers get carried away with lifting too much weight on leg presses in general. It is one machine where you can load up stacks of plates and move the weight. The fact that they are moving the weight with their hips, glutes and hamstrings is not important to them. So if you are this type of person I wouldn't recommend the Leg Press Accessory.

I'm personally not much for adapting my workout to the equipment and I do sets that max at 8 reps, so I need something that can handle the weight and the stress, I find the cable leverage machine to be of that quality and construction and wondered if the press accessory was up to the task because to me it did not look like it and based on the testimonies and video it is not.

Thanks for all the input

komoshe10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) komoshe10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) komoshe10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) komoshe10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) komoshe10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) komoshe10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) komoshe10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) komoshe10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) komoshe10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) komoshe10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) komoshe10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Gabriel51 View Post
    It has a 400 lb. rating, the later/newest version (LPA13) is much sturdier than the original one.
    Because of where the plates are located you would actually be pushing more than is loaded.

Has anyone had any experience with this (WB-LPA13) unit?
    Yes i have experience with LPA13
    The idea to create the legs press accessory was excellent but unfortunately is very cumbersome.
    1. Very difficult to assemble and disassemble it
    2. Middle axis of the device including the base of the bench buckles under heavy weights.
    I have good news for you and I improved the device myself. Currently connecting the machine to the bench most easily done without the need to pick it up and in addition is also more stable in heavy weights. Now you do not limmitted for load.
    If you are interested I can send you pictures and how to improve the lpa13
    Have a great day.
    Moshe

KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hi

If you can post pics of your Powertec leg press, it will be great.

Thanks.

Upetr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Upetr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Upetr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Upetr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Upetr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Upetr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Upetr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Upetr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I got it quire recently and haven't put too much weight on it yet - only around 100kg or so.
    I think it depends on how much weight you normally use - I would rather use squats as primary and the leg press as secondary. It is meant to handle about 180kg - but I am out of weights so I haven't tested it. Max you could probably fit on there is about 200kg though.

It is a bit large and cumbersome to attach to the bench but it seems to work. But the weights that you put on there feel different than on a traditional leg press. I found that you need to put more weights initially on there to feel the weight as the platform is a lot lighter than on a leg press but once you get past a certain point it feels a bit heavier than the weights on a proper leg press.

Here is a pic of the net - mine looks exactly the same but I don't have any pics of it with me. One of things is that your position for your feet is set - as there are "pedals" that you put your feet against.
    Powertec Leg Press.jpgPowertec Leg Press1.jpg
    No pain - No gain.

edmon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edmon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edmon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edmon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edmon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edmon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edmon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edmon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Great attachment!

Originally Posted by xephonics View Post
    you can usually score a vertical leg press for less money, and they usually have a much higher weight rating
    I just bought the powertec leg press attachment and it works great! I used it for the first time yesterday, I did front squats first and some pin back squats and then used the leg press attachment 3rd and put 2 45's on each side and it was suprisingly chalenging then I put on 2 10's on each side and got 6 rep's , you can put more than 300lbs on there it's made very sturdy plus if you have a low pulley on your rack or pulley system you can use trx strap's or blast strap's and attach it to the weight sleeves. I have gotten 9-10 rep's on the 45 degree leg press at the gym with 600lbs so I was suprised how challenging this leg press attachment is, I recomend it.
    Your Life and your Body is what You Make it.