Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by grumpytude View Post
    I might try that. The Belt Squat and I did not hit it off as friends right away for sure, its definitely a relationship in progress.
    Should be getting the Powertec Leverage squat soon. curious to compare the two in how they work the legs.
    Fantastic for standing calf raises and I'd take one of those over a leg press, but I didn't like how it performed under heavy load. The machine didn't feel stable once you stated piling on the weight, then angle felt weird to me, and the footplate was narrow which shifted all the focus to the quads. However, the one I had on the big multi-unit I played around with positioning my feet wider on the ground and it felt a little better for the hamstrings. But that was an old machine so maybe the new ones are designed a little different, did you consider the Body-Solid Pro Clubline? Alot more expensive but looks more substantial, then there are the occasional Bear Squat machines that pop up locally. Those look like beasts!!!
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have used a Bodymaster leverage squat, Bear Squat, a BodySolid leverage squat and owned a Magnum Perfect Squat machine and IMO, the Bear Squat and Magnum Perfect Squat were by far the best. After having used several commercial pieces and owning the Magnum I wouldn’t bother with the PowerTec or BodySolid ones
    Now OK for Sig line to be a novel

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by irongrandpa View Post
    I have used a Bodymaster leverage squat, Bear Squat, a BodySolid leverage squat and owned a Magnum Perfect Squat machine and IMO, the Bear Squat and Magnum Perfect Squat were by far the best. After having used several commercial pieces and owning the Magnum I wouldn’t bother with the PowerTec or BodySolid ones
    Oh yeah, forgot about the Perfect Squat! Definitely agree though, after having a few and trying out the Body-Solid previously, I wouldn't bother if I saw them pop up locally. Using the leverage arm on the corner gym wasn't bad though, actually made for a decent good morning machine as well.

grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    yeah I looked at the body solid version-just didn't want to spend that much money right now- its over double the cost f the powertec, also the footprint is a bit larger- so not sure it would fit in the area I have designated. going to be tight as is. Also both versions seem to be out of stock at fitness factory. Bear squat is much larger- so out of the question.

yeah I looked at the body solid version-just didn't want to spend that much money right now- its over double the cost f the powertec, also the footprint is a bit larger- so not sure it would fit in the area I have designated. going to be tight as is. Also both versions seem to be out of stock at fitness factory. Bear squat is much larger- so out of the question.
    I'm sure it will get the job done, just using it for additional overload on leg day, or are you attempting a Barbell-less leg day? With the Belt Squat I feel like I'm pretty set on leg day. Typically I start with Barbell squats, then belt squat, followed by front squats (seal row bar) and RDLs (using belt squat), then if I have anything left in the tank I can superset leg curls/extensions on the SuperBench.

grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    I'm sure it will get the job done, just using it for additional overload on leg day, or are you attempting a Barbell-less leg day? With the Belt Squat I feel like I'm pretty set on leg day. Typically I start with Barbell squats, then belt squat, followed by front squats (seal row bar) and RDLs (using belt squat), then if I have anything left in the tank I can superset leg curls/extensions on the SuperBench.
    Yeah I have all the bases covered I think after this. I have squats, cybex squat press and belt squat. I just need to get a better quality leg curl/extension.
    I talked with a dealer and waiting for the new Tuff stuff line to come out. they have a new piece that I want that fits my needs.
    I know there are better leverage squat machines, but they require more room and money for sure.

Also I am lucky when it comes to legs, I prefer higher reps and supersets and my legs always responded without having to use massive amounts of weights to get results.
    Saving my joints and tendons for sure. So I doubt I will ever load the powertec to its full capacity.
    here is link to the tuff stuff machine:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bj6fTWIYIg

Nice looking machine, interesting mix between using leverage arms and cables. Only thing I'd really like to add for leg day is a leg extension / seated curl combo like the Hoist machine to replace my bench attachments. Lying ham curls sometimes irritate my lower back, where the more upright seated machines always feel great. But I'm done shopping for now, I've went ape this past few months so unless it's an obscene deal (like free) I'm going to learn to be happy with what I have. In addition to belt squats I'm working on a solution to chest supported rows using the arm, trying to figure out a way to increase the ROM while using the SuperBench. These leverage machines rock for versatility!

Nice looking machine, interesting mix between using leverage arms and cables. Only thing I'd really like to add for leg day is a leg extension / seated curl combo like the Hoist machine to replace my bench attachments. Lying ham curls sometimes irritate my lower back, where the more upright seated machines always feel great. But I'm done shopping for now, I've went ape this past few months so unless it's an obscene deal (like free) I'm going to learn to be happy with what I have. In addition to belt squats I'm working on a solution to chest supported rows using the arm, trying to figure out a way to increase the ROM while using the SuperBench. These leverage machines rock for versatility!
    yeah after the powertec I am done for awhile too. Interesting- looking forward to your solution on the rows. Love getting multiple uses out of one machine too.

yeah after the powertec I am done for awhile too. Interesting- looking forward to your solution on the rows. Love getting multiple uses out of one machine too.
    Well, actually I've played around with the Edge handles and think I can make them work as-is. The adjustment tube for the handles is a bit long and I might chop off 6-8", but it's not getting in the way of the movement so that would just be a cosmetic fix. I had originally thought about removing the pop-pin adjustment entirely and adding eye-bolts to the connection point to help increase the ROM, so I could quickly attach belts and MAG cable attachments without needing two carabiners. You know better than anyone else how a matter of 1-2" can make or break the ROM on these, so just the smallest reduction in carabiner needed makes a huge difference for some things. For squats I'm still shocked at how low I can get without needing a platform, whatever adjustment Parillo made to the arm Edge needs to make a permanent fixture on their models. I'm dang near ATG at the bottom of the movement and nearly got pinned the other day LOL

Last edited by urbanlifter; 11-16-2021 at 09:30 AM.

If you have 'grip' style plates I'd say go with the one you have already tried and think is amazing. There is no way I'd attempt to own the SquatMax with my deep dish plates, you'd never get them off the pin. For me I'll likely end up with either the Rogue Rhino or Edge Fitness Deluxe belt squat. Effectiveness wise they all provide the same benefit, so ignore the BS marketing you see from one of the makers mentioned above. They all remove the spinal load making it more comfortable to hammer the legs without pain.
    Well looking back, I was true to my word! On the topic of belt squat machines, I saw someone demonstrating this machine on Instagram and about fell over. Looks absolutely amazing! The arm is plenty long enough, nice cutout, band pegs, weight storage, and it just looks mean as HELL!! Might have to update my future 'No cost no object' purchase to add this from Raw Motive Works!

Well looking back, I was true to my word! On the topic of belt squat machines, I saw someone demonstrating this machine on Instagram and about fell over. Looks absolutely amazing! The arm is plenty long enough, nice cutout, band pegs, weight storage, and it just looks mean as HELL!! Might have to update my future 'No cost no object' purchase to add this from Raw Motive Works!

the raw motive looks like a killer machine but for the price I don't think it blows away the edge fitness version you have. the footplate is really nice. They have some cool stuff for sure

the raw motive looks like a killer machine but for the price I don't think it blows away the edge fitness version you have. the footplate is really nice. They have some cool stuff for sure
    True true, probably wouldnt provide any extra benefit, but I do like how far out the weight is loaded on the arm. Platforms are really nice though, even the 'Deluxe' Edge moves around a little bit, while the Titan Belt squat felt bolted to the ground when in use. Speaking of Titan though, HOLY COW! The price went up to $769, that's quite a leap since it's initial release of $499.

Reassurecting this thread, Edge Deluxe is still going strong! I'm working on a solution for hip thrusts, in addition to single leg Bulgarian squats which I just figured out recently. Always finding new ways to put this thing to use

Here is my initial approach, the articulating arm on the Edge handles makes this feel pretty darn good. Just need to dial in the motion, get the pad bolted to the machine, and maybe create a standalone platform with a cutout in the center.

So, after looking at Edge's machine online the difference between their dedicated hip thrust and my retrofit is a 2-point seat belt and platform. While I'm building the platform I went ahead and ordered a belt and pad on Amazon. This should make getting into position MUCH easier. Then all I have to do is decide on where I want to attach them. To the row handle, the regular belt squat attachment, or farther up the machine where the pad is located. Any thoughts?

Closing in on perfection, hip thrust retrofit almost done! Ironmaster pad bolted to frame, extra squat belt from Edge with squat pad for comfort, this uses the existing row arm so nothing extra to attach, just working on bolting the squat wedge's to the top of the platform.

[QUOTE=urbanlifter;1670854373]Closing in on perfection, hip thrust retrofit almost done! Ironmaster pad bolted to frame, extra squat belt from Edge with squat pad for comfort, this uses the existing row arm so nothing extra to attach, just working on bolting the squat wedge's to the top of the platform.

Holy Hell, great job. Best of both worlds

Holy Hell, great job. Best of both worlds
    Thanks! Made a few more adjustments and alterations to the setup, it's working great so far. I'll have to get revised pictures up once the platform is painted, the setup is quick and it certainly burns up the posterior chain. The DB's on the platform aren't doing anything, the wedges are now secured to the top. One of my better DIY solutions I think

1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Nicely done! And timely bump…seriously considering a belt squat order next week (cleaning basement today to make sure I can clear more space).
    []---[] Equipment Crew #73 []---[]
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #78 []---[]
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #20 ||---||

Originally Posted by 1651Naismith View Post
    Nicely done! And timely bump…seriously considering a belt squat order next week (cleaning basement today to make sure I can clear more space).
    Sweet! Which one are you thinking about going with? Rogue, SquatMax, Edge, Wenning, or one of the cheaper Titan/BOS? Although I guess BOS and Titan really aren't 'cheap' anymore, the Titan was on sale the other day but Edge's standard & Deluxe models are starting to look more attractive these days compared to the competition.

1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sweet! Which one are you thinking about going with? Rogue, SquatMax, Edge, Wenning, or one of the cheaper Titan/BOS?
    99% sure it will be the Rogue Rhino.
    []---[] Equipment Crew #73 []---[]
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #78 []---[]
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #20 ||---||

Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thanks! Made a few more adjustments and alterations to the setup, it's working great so far. I'll have to get revised pictures up once the platform is painted, the setup is quick and it certainly burns up the posterior chain. The DB's on the platform aren't doing anything, the wedges are now secured to the top. One of my better DIY solutions I think

Having never done a hip thrust, what are they for besides posterior chain? If posterior chain is what GHD do, I kind of hate those.

Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Do hip thrusts do anything except posterior chain? If posterior chain is what GHD's do, I kind of hate them...

Originally Posted by Greybird2 View Post
    Do hip thrusts do anything except posterior chain? If posterior chain is what GHD's do, I kind of hate them...
    Mainly glutes, but hip muscles and quads are involved. I've had issues with glute activation during other movements, despite heavy squatting for years my glutes are falling behind. So I started looking into doing hip thrusts with a Barbell and couldn't get it to feel right, then figured I'd give this a try when I saw the combo unit from Edge. Long winded way of saying that some day I'd like to finally fill a pair of Levis for once.... Bwhaha

Mainly glutes, but hip muscles and quads are involved. I've had issues with glute activation during other movements, despite heavy squatting for years my glutes are falling behind. So I started looking into doing hip thrusts with a Barbell and couldn't get it to feel right, then figured I'd give this a try when I saw the combo unit from Edge. Long winded way of saying that some day I'd like to finally fill a pair of Levis for once.... Bwhaha
    Good answer.. LOL.. So kind of for the wife?

Originally Posted by Greybird2 View Post
    Good answer.. LOL.. So kind of for the wife?
    Well, that's part of it. But mostly so she can stop teasing me LOL

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Well, that's part of it. But mostly so she can stop teasing me LOL
    This is, after all, the wife's job. Take note, Deep Voiced One, in case you are thinking about marrying that awesome girlfriend of yours.

Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    This is, after all, the wife's job. Take note, Deep Voiced One, in case you are thinking about marrying that awesome girlfriend of yours.
    Haha! As a side benefit, I've been able to embarrass my daughter in front of her friends when I explained it. She was like, "What are you trying to do?" to which I responded, "I'm building a 'dumpy' like the Kardashians sweetheart", and I don't think I've seen her turn that shade of red before bwhaha.

murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by rob71458 View Post
    like how the pull is straight up and that there is no arc to the movement.
    This is the one thing I don't like about my DIY lever belt squat. It's hard to get the pull to be straight up, so it's always pulling forward a bit. No room for a dedicated belt squat though.

Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by radrd View Post

My girl's latina so if I filled out a pair of Levi's like her she'd be utterly repulsed...she don't want no PAWG (Phat A** White Guy) lmao. Happy Thanksgiving!
    Last edited by Deep-Voiced-One; 11-24-2022 at 04:32 AM.

Originally Posted by Deep-Voiced-One View Post
    My girl's latina so if I filled out a pair of Levi's like her she'd be utterly repulsed...she don't want no PAWG (Phat A** White Guy) lmao. Happy Thanksgiving!
    Ha! I'm not looking for anything crazy, but I'm a Bodybuilder at heart so I'm always trying to achieve balance when it comes to upper / lower body. Noticed after my latest session my hamstrings were abnormally sore, so I take that as a good sign its hitting something differently.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all as well!