ShadowCien is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Is this routine decent? I am missing anything crucial?

A= Workout A
    B= Workout B
    ▪︎Upper▪︎
    Chest:
    •Bench press 4x5
    •A: Db bench press 3x12
    •B: Db flyes 3x12
    Back:
    •Rows 4x5
    A:Chin Ups 3x12
    B:Pull ups 3x12
    •Rear delt machine 2x15
    Shoulders:
    •OHP 4x5
    •Face pulls 3x12
    Arms:
    •Bicep Curls 3x8
    •Tricep extension 3x8

▪︎Lower▪︎
    •Squats(front?) 4x5
    Quads:
    •Leg press 3x12
    Hamstrings:
    •Hamstring machine 3x12
    Glutes:
    •Hip Thrust 3x8
    Calves:
    •Calf raises
    -straight 3x12
    -bend 2x12

▪︎Core▪︎

•Core: 3x
    Cable torso twist 15 each side
    Plank 30s
    Levitation crunch 15
    Leg lifts 15
    Mountain climbers 10 each side

Am I missing any crucial exercises or ****ing up the rep ranges? I'm staying away from deadlifts for now as I'm working on hip and ankle mobility with my physiotherapist and not comfortable with deadlifts yet. I also wanna do 10-30mins of skipping rope(for cardio) but not sure when and how often I should do it.

AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You are missing a progression plan

For example you could say: increase reps every week/every workout and when you reach your rep goals, increase major lifts by 5lb and drop reps back to baseline

Originally Posted by AlexSays View Post
    You are missing a progression plan

For example you could say: increase reps every week/every workout and when you reach your rep goals, increase major lifts by 5lb and drop reps back to baseline
    My plan was to increase main upper lifts by 5lbs and lower by 10lbs every week for now

AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Ok, in that case see how it goes

I would swap DB bench press for incline press on workout A, and the flies on workout B for a compound like dips

Also I would say you are 'crucially' missing something like deadlift or RDL. Are you only doing 1 lower workout per week?

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Two leg days a week
    1 day focus on calves and quads
    1 day focus on gluts/hams/lower back

Or add more lower back to core day like good mornings

Or break up arm and chest and shoulder to arm/chest day and shoulder/back day which dl would be added when you can
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    1. Two exercises for rear delts, but none for lateral delts.
    Maybe swap face pulls with dumbell lateral raises or do 2 sets of face pulls and 2 sets of lateral raises.

2. Incline dumbell bench press if you were thinking of doing flat. Not that it matters a lot, just a little variation, since you are doing barbell flat bench press.

3. You could add hyperextensions for the lower back on the lower day.

4. The rep range looks good

5. It's better to do cardio in the off days, but you can do 10-20 minutes of skipping rope after the workout. Before the workout might be too fatiguing.

Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    Two leg days a week
    1 day focus on calves and quads
    1 day focus on gluts/hams/lower back

Or add more lower back to core day like good mornings

Or break up arm and chest and shoulder to arm/chest day and shoulder/back day which dl would be added when you can
    Why should he train the lower muscles only once a week?

Originally Posted by jaxqen View Post
    Maybe swap face pulls with dumbell lateral raises or do 2 sets of face pulls and 2 sets of lateral raises.

2. Incline dumbell bench press if you were thinking of doing flat. Not that it matters a lot, just a little variation, since you are doing barbell flat bench press.

5. It's better to do cardio in the off days, but you can do 10-20 minutes of skipping rope after the workout. Before the workout might be too fatiguing.

OHP works lateral delta as well as anterior. The reason for 2 rear felt exercises is my rear delts are very weak and my anterior delta are too tight. So my physio recommended me working more on rear delts for now.

Yeah I should have mentioned that the DB bp is incline! I made the workout late at night and forgot to write it.

I'll definitely add hyperextensions thanks!

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Just seconding all of this post.

I'd also point out that add x weight a week runs out quick.
    After a few months you'll likely need a more nuanced plan of progression. Or you can use emerging strategies (basically, change things when you need to change things).
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

Originally Posted by AlexSays View Post
    Ok, in that case see how it goes

I would swap DB bench press for incline press on workout A, and the flies on workout B for a compound like dips

Also I would say you are 'crucially' missing something like deadlift or RDL. Are you only doing 1 lower workout per week?
    I'm doing 1 lower workout twice a week. I'll add hyperextensions to my lower workouts as well. The second my hip and ankles are more healthy(going to physical therapy every week rn) I will be adding deadlifts. For now I have to skip it as it causes me pain due to that.

And yeah the db benchpress is incline I forgot to write it! Thanks for the input!

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

some people only do 3 days a week and my suggestions are to do lower twice a week I count lower back as lower
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    Just seconding all of this post.

I'd also point out that add x weight a week runs out quick.
    After a few months you'll likely need a more nuanced plan of progression. Or you can use emerging strategies (basically, change things when you need to change things).

Yeah that was my biggest worry about the 5lbs and 10 lbs a week. I'm still making a lot of beginner gains so for now I think it'll work. But once I stall I'll look up a better progression, do you know any good ones?

Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    some people only do 3 days a week and my suggestions are to do lower twice a week I count lower back as lower
    I'll be doing Upper workout twice a week and Lower twice a week as well to clear it up

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ShadowCien View Post
    Yeah that was my biggest worry about the 5lbs and 10 lbs a week. I'm still making a lot of beginner gains so for now I think it'll work. But once I stall I'll look up a better progression, do you know any good ones?
    Several,
    Basic double progression (not a fan personally but it works) add reps until you can add weight. Then reset reps with the extra weight. I only do this for isolations.

Set autoregulation, you have a weight and a Reps in reserve target. You do sets until you hit the RIR target. You have a set range. 4 to 6 say. If you get 7 sets within target you add weight (2-3%). If you get less than 4 sets you pull off weight.

Amrap autoregulation, you amrap you last set of the workout, if you get a determined amount of extra reps (say 10 when you were doing sets of 6) you add weight. If you don't you keep the weight you've got.

Full autoregulation. You use RPE rating, sets and reps are predetermined but weight you hit each day is adjusted by RPE targets (see YouTube for RPE).

Fierce 5 upper lower on here use the first.
    Greg Nuckols average to savage uses the second.
    Greyskull lp uses the third.
    Reactive training systems, barbell medicine, calgary barbell all use the last.
    5 day full body crew

ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Or you can use emerging strategies (basically, change things when you need to change things).
    ES is a great training philosophy but it's really for experienced lifters, or very patient and systematic novices. Most novices couldn't use ES very effectively IMO, unless they're with an experienced coach.
    Once upon a time (maxes 2020) ...
    Squat 185, Bench 137, DL 205, @ bw 88.5 age 43

Workout Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175647011&p=1630928323&viewfull=1#post1630928323

Originally Posted by ECGordyn View Post
    ES is a great training philosophy but it's really for experienced lifters, or very patient and systematic novices. Most novices couldn't use ES very effectively IMO, unless they're with an experienced coach.
    For sure, but hopefully the idea gets widespread enough in the community that people start to get it earlier.

I think novices get a bit of a hard time of you need to do the most basic thing of all time, obviously actual (intelligent) coaching should avoid this by gradually introducing more concepts and allowing them to develop their own knowledge and awareness of training tools and methodology.
    Without coaching.. Yeah trickier and personality dependant, but I don't think there's any harm in being aware of concepts existence and there rough principles.
    They might find it too complex and ignore it, but at least they were given the choice too ignore it

We can simplify ES right down too.

Do 5 sets of bench with 70kg each week, until you do less reps or can't do 5 sets twice.
    Now we change something.

^^ ES, also Fierce 5 novice if you take out the weekly weight adding.
    5 day full body crew

ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    For sure, but hopefully the idea gets widespread enough in the community that people start to get it earlier.

I think novices get a bit of a hard time of you need to do the most basic thing of all time, obviously actual (intelligent) coaching should avoid this by gradually introducing more concepts and allowing them to develop their own knowledge and awareness of training tools and methodology.
    Without coaching.. Yeah trickier and personality dependant, but I don't think there's any harm in being aware of concepts existence and there rough principles.
    They might find it too complex and ignore it, but at least they were given the choice too ignore it

We can simplify ES right down too.

Do 5 sets of bench with 70kg each week, until you do less reps or can't do 5 sets twice.
    Now we change something.

^^ ES, also Fierce 5 novice if you take out the weekly weight adding.
    Right on. If ES becomes a big training philosophy, then we could start seeing fewer training programs and more training principles. That would really be interesting.

Tuscherer did a podcast with Nuckols where N. said we're in a golden age of training because of all the research being done and so many lifters out there implementing the research and experimenting with their training. ES is one more set of principles and practice that will amplify that situation.
    Once upon a time (maxes 2020) ...
    Squat 185, Bench 137, DL 205, @ bw 88.5 age 43

Workout Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175647011&p=1630928323&viewfull=1#post1630928323