anonymous

Rehabbing after hip surgery #3, the hardest set I've ever done with 225

5 weeks post hip repair - bursa removal, labrum removal (there wasnt much labrum left after years of FAI grinding it to shreds), capsule cleanup and FAI bone removal.

This wasnt pain free by any means, but my joint feels fine - it's the bursa area that is painful due to scar tissue forming so I need to work out to keep it flexible.

My torn hammie from xmas finally seems to be healing too but I'm still too scared to do RDLs

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wow half, still very strong. Really good form. Have you had to change stance at all to compensate?
    B: 285
    S: 375
    D: 555

BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hips look really good here, I almost can't believe you just had surgery. You might be doing a little buttwink at the bottom:

https://www.strongerbyscience.com/ho...about_buttwink

ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Significant milestone and you looked really strong and solid throughout. Congrats, keep it safe, slow, and steady!

anonymous
    Originally Posted by drudixon View Post
    Wow half, still very strong. Really good form. Have you had to change stance at all to compensate?
    no, the pain is still significant from the trocanteric bursa area, although it's mostly in the IT band now. The ortho said my glute tendons looked fine so this was all local pain caused by my bursa being massively scarred up and inflammed

she removed it, but they do grow back lol

Because she wanted to limit the time in there, she didn't fully pop out my hip, only a partial distraction, so she didn't take all the bone on the inside of my femur head. My stance is still pretty much the same because it didn't open up that much more joint space and my right hip still had excess bone. My first surgeon was WAY too conservative, he treated me like a 80 year old lady with osteoporosis, rather than a lifter with super dense bones

he could have safely taken off 2 x as much bone as he did, so I needed the surgeries redone. Because he left too much bone, my remaining labrum was crushed between the pinching hip joint

My lower back needs major mobility so I'll do front squats next session + RDL and alternate those with back squats until I'm back to normal.

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Halfway View Post
    no, the pain is still significant from the trocanteric bursa area, although it's mostly in the IT band now. The ortho said my glute tendons looked fine so this was all local pain caused by my bursa being massively scarred up and inflammed

she removed it, but they do grow back lol

Because she wanted to limit the time in there, she didn't fully pop out my hip, only a partial distraction, so she didn't take all the bone on the inside of my femur head. My stance is still pretty much the same because it didn't open up that much more joint space and my right hip still had excess bone. My first surgeon was WAY too conservative, he treated me like a 80 year old lady with osteoporosis, rather than a lifter with super dense bones

he could have safely taken off 2 x as much bone as he did, so I needed the surgeries redone. Because he left too much bone, my remaining labrum was crushed between the pinching hip joint

My lower back needs major mobility so I'll do front squats next session + RDL and alternate those with back squats until I'm back to normal.
    Front squats are the only squat variety that I've ever hurt my back with. Be careful when the femur hits the hip socket not to keep going and pull hips into posterior tilt.
    B: 285
    S: 375
    D: 555

anonymous
    Originally Posted by drudixon View Post
    Front squats are the only squat variety that I've ever hurt my back with. Be careful when the femur hits the hip socket not to keep going and pull hips into posterior tilt.
    That's surprising, but every lifter has different anatomy. I can go ATG with fronts with a flat back because of the increased knee travel, my only issue is not being able to do more than 7 or so reps before my thoracic fails and I drop the bar, so its hard to get in enough TUT

anonymous
    Tried the SSB this week to see how that felt, it's been gathering cobwebs since 2018 since I couldn't use it pre knee surgery

315 x 3 which was a bit disappointing, IT band pain shut me down but I think I had a couple more reps in me. Then 225 x 12 paused.

Hopefully I can get back to at least 315 x 10 with this next month. The pain is really annoying tho

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Half, I somehow missed this thread. Nice and smooth form. Nice you have a power rack. The things we take for granted when the plague hits.

Nice work. Don't over-do it.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Were you cleared to squat again?
    Just curious.
    While i haven't had my hip looked at but I'm sure it has some issues.
    I can squat to parallel at best.
    I would hate for a doc to say your squatting days are over.

anonymous
    Originally Posted by Garage Rat View Post
    Were you cleared to squat again?
    Just curious.
    While i haven't had my hip looked at but I'm sure it has some issues.
    I can squat to parallel at best.
    I would hate for a doc to say your squatting days are over.
    My doc is in her 30s and super progressive. She told me once the inflammation was down, the worst I could do was irritate things by pushing too hard. She actually wants me doing more massage/etc but I just dont have time currently

As soon as I got full ROM back I started loading the bar. It wasn't until the 4th week that I could hit full ROM without any hip pain, the first month was tough.

Your hip probably has some wear and tear, but why not get an xray for an idea? Xrays are apparently as good as MRI's for hips since they show joint space better (labrum damage aside)