Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    aleeboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aleeboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aleeboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aleeboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aleeboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aleeboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aleeboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aleeboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aleeboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aleeboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aleeboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Powerlifters are a problem.

They occupy any station for well over an hour for their 3 sets of "heavy" lifts.

They also gave birth to lugging around luggage full of lifting paraphernalia and chalk.

I absolutely detest them and think their clothing are abhorrent - just lol at suits, slings and them diaper like squat shorts they wear.

Typically manlets with their butch female groupies. Never seen a good looking powerlifter too. They could easily pass for members of a Magic cards convention.

Almost forgot, this is how benching is done the "Powerlifting" way

TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    could just be a bad example but when you watch Westside vs the World and compare it to Pumping Iron or even Generation Iron there is a huge difference in the kind of people involved

I prefer the latter tbh
    +++ miscin' at work crew +++

sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I did powerlifting for a while but this was around 2007 - 2010 and I was around a bunch of people who were into oly lifting, bodybuilding, and strongman competitions so you got different personality types. I don't think they were super weird... at least back then. I competed a few times in the WNPF and they were just guys and girls into heavy lifting, no agenda.

But I will say that I have met those powerlifting types you mentioned above. I did smash one chick that was a powerlifter. She was in great shape, had an A cup but a booty lol. Kinda too muscular for my liking in hindsight. She was a nurse FWIW.

OP you also meet the folks who CALL themselves powerlifters but can't hit a 1000 total too.
    A hit was sent, from the President, to raid your residence /
    Because you had secret evidence, and documents /
    On how they raped the continents, and it's the prominent /
    Dominant Islamic, Asiatic Black Hebrew

- GZA "4th Chamber"

JamesA1990 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JamesA1990 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JamesA1990 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JamesA1990 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JamesA1990 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JamesA1990 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JamesA1990 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JamesA1990 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JamesA1990 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JamesA1990 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JamesA1990 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    A lot of powerlifting hate cope itt

Im at a powerlifting / oly / strongman gym and the culture there is fantastic. Everyone says hi when they walk in, bye when they leave

We had an xmas party there and they put on free pizza, beers - got to know everyone even better

Its a community of people with similar interests, just like any other

akghostrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) akghostrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) akghostrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) akghostrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) akghostrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) akghostrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) akghostrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) akghostrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) akghostrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) akghostrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) akghostrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by EnochsProphecy View Post
    choked on smoke while reading this because I know exactly who you're talking about

[img]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/wU022TIML2U/maxresdefault.jpg[/im]
    Thinking of Rippletits actually. Guy's breasts are bigger than my ex gf's.

Eat heavy and lift peanut butter

Mike1991 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mike1991 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mike1991 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mike1991 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mike1991 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mike1991 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mike1991 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mike1991 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mike1991 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mike1991 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mike1991 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    At the top level it's a pretty cool sport.

But 98% of the people that do it are absolutely lulz worthy. I occasionally talk to people at the gym I meet and all they talk about is meets, programing and recovery while having every single gym accessory y you could think of in their gym bag.. This one guy was pulling 1lb eleiko calibrated plates out of his bag... and their lifts are absolute rubbish. I'm talking a guy that could barely bench 245lbs, or a girl who could only deadlift 185lbs

I've never competed and can out lift every single 'powerlifter' I've ever seen in person

Its a numbers game. Why even bother competing unless you are at a world class level of strength. Everyone knows where they stand.
    RON PAUL 2012

BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The thing about powerlifting is no-one gets into it as a first choice, they're always a failure at something else first. Often failed bodybuilders who can't control their fat levels, but also failed athletes who couldn't go pro, or people with psychological problems such as low self esteem, daddy issues etc.

Registered User northernlights7's Avatar
    northernlights7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) northernlights7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) northernlights7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) northernlights7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) northernlights7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) northernlights7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) northernlights7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) northernlights7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) northernlights7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) northernlights7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) northernlights7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by jasticus View Post
    Imo gym culture in general is full of degenerates now. Swear it’s gotten bad in the last few years.
    It was a lot better back in like 2008-2010 before social media attention seeking ruined it. Good luck going to any gym nowadays without running into a bunch of idiots obsessing over how they can post about it on ********/instagram/etc. half the time or more. I liked going to the gym a lot more before those types of people infiltrated the places to the extent they have the past 5 years or so.

Coachbombay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coachbombay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coachbombay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coachbombay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coachbombay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coachbombay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coachbombay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coachbombay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coachbombay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coachbombay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coachbombay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by beansieweansie View Post
    i thought the powerlifting community was just a bunchof fat bald white guys who like metal
    It was.

Now it's mostly redditors and asian college kids.

The trailer park residents switched to strongman.
    They got little baby legs that stand so low
    you got to pick 'em up just to say hello.

aleeboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aleeboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aleeboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aleeboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aleeboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aleeboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aleeboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aleeboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aleeboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aleeboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aleeboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Mike1991 View Post
    At the top level it's a pretty cool sport.

But 98% of the people that do it are absolutely lulz worthy. I occasionally talk to people at the gym I meet and all they talk about is meets, programing and recovery while having every single gym accessory y you could think of in their gym bag.. This one guy was pulling 1lb eleiko calibrated plates out of his bag... and their lifts are absolute rubbish. I'm talking a guy that could barely bench 245lbs, or a girl who could only deadlift 185lbs

I've never competed and can out lift every single 'powerlifter' I've ever seen in person

Its a numbers game. Why even bother competing unless you are at a world class level of strength. Everyone knows where they stand.
    All on point.

Just wanted to add that I have seen "that guy" with the 1 lb plates. Dead srs.

He was decked out with

- Head Band
    - Lifting Belt
    - Knee Wraps
    - Wrist wraps
    - Elbow sleeve
    - Compression socks
    - Lifting shoes
    - Funky 1 lb plates

Tried to squat 315 and was all wobbly kneed. Just LMAO. The headband was a good look though. Not srs

Registered User northernlights7's Avatar
    northernlights7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) northernlights7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) northernlights7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) northernlights7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) northernlights7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) northernlights7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) northernlights7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) northernlights7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) northernlights7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) northernlights7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) northernlights7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by aleeboy View Post
    All on point.

He was decked out with

- Head Band
    - Lifting Belt
    - Knee Wraps
    - Wrist wraps
    - Elbow sleeve
    - Compression socks
    - Lifting shoes
    - Funky 1 lb plates

Tried to squat 315 and was all wobbly kneed. Just LMAO. The headband was a good look though. Not srs

For regular lifting, once you start getting a bit more advanced (not necessarily just based on pure #'s, but perhaps partially so and based on how into it you really are), I don't mind people having gear for certain things while lifting. To address the ones you mentioned:

Head band - stupid any way you look at it
    Lifting belt - fine for dead lifting and squatting, preferably above noob weights.
    Knee sleeves - fine for squatting/leg pressing heavy weights. Forget wraps, that's getting weird for my tastes.
    Wrist wraps - fine for heavy benching
    Elbow sleeves - fine for heavy pressing movements when dealing with injuries
    Compression socks - NO.. just no. Not unless it's someone with a medical condition that requires them regardless
    Lifting shoes - I see no problem here, though it looks kinda stupid for most amateurs with dedicated OLY shoes but that's just me.
    1 lb plates - they could help a lot with progressive overloads to help get past sticking points, but I've never used them.

Now then, what legitimately looks cringey is when you see dudes walking around the gym decked out in that type of gear for like 90-100% of their lifts, from their first warm-up set to their final set period. I've known of a guy for years who is legitimately pretty strong as a lifter, but he is a complete and utter dbag. Dude wears two elbow sleeves and wrist wraps for EVERY lift he does, tosses on the belt unnecessarily for tons of lifts, track pants that I assume hide permanent knee sleeves, and lifting shoes. Dude also wears a bandanna to cover up his baldcel status, plus wears sunglasses in the gym a lot (alternates between keeping them on top of his head and literally wearing them over his eyes inside the gym). Furthermore, he's always hanging out with another idiot buddy of his or whatever, constantly yacking loudly in between sets, and it's always extremely profane. I'm not easily offended by any stretch, but I don't need to hear some moron tough guy power lifters yelling the F word every other sentence they speak when I'm trying to take care of my own lifting 10-30 feet away from them.

scudda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) scudda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) scudda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) scudda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) scudda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) scudda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) scudda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) scudda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) scudda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) scudda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) scudda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The powerlifters that piss me off are the fat fuks. There are a few powerlifters in my gym and only 2 of them are shredded and lift heavy, the others are fat cows that have huge guts and look like they cant run a mile. No point of lifting weights when you look worse than when you started. I feel most of them find it hard to stick to a diet thats why they eat so much and have the excuse that they powerlift so they gotta each that much.

PenorBrahNoHomo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PenorBrahNoHomo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PenorBrahNoHomo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PenorBrahNoHomo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PenorBrahNoHomo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PenorBrahNoHomo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PenorBrahNoHomo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PenorBrahNoHomo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PenorBrahNoHomo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PenorBrahNoHomo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PenorBrahNoHomo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by JamesA1990 View Post
    A lot of powerlifting hate cope itt

Im at a powerlifting / oly / strongman gym and the culture there is fantastic. Everyone says hi when they walk in, bye when they leave

We had an xmas party there and they put on free pizza, beers - got to know everyone even better

Its a community of people with similar interests, just like any other
    I imagine there's a big difference between that and people who 'do powerlifting' in regular commercial gyms
    Palestine supporters are the assorted scum of the earth

Originally Posted by northernlights7 View Post

Now then, what legitimately looks cringey is when you see dudes walking around the gym decked out in that type of gear for like 90-100% of their lifts, from their first warm-up set to their final set period. ...
    I'm well aware of the equipment, but wanted to clarify that he had all of this for his squats.

eod8989 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) eod8989 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) eod8989 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) eod8989 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) eod8989 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) eod8989 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) eod8989 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) eod8989 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) eod8989 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) eod8989 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) eod8989 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by sandman2019 View Post
    I'll probably get flamed for this but so is the bodybuilding community imo. I mean, i go on instagram and see a lot of "bodybuilders" jacked, melontan, spend all their time at the gym etc they don't really have any real career, spend a lot of time going to fitness expos, posting on social media, tanning etc. Also girls who lift and post on social media etc. Takng pictures of their meal prep, doing squats etc. Cringe as ****. Degenerate as ****.
    This

Lifting changed when Instagram became popular srs
    PC specs

i9 9900k/AMD RX 6800 16 GB/16 GB RAM/LG BX 65'' OLED/Gigabyte GS27QC 27''

OLED Master Race crew
    1440p 120+ fps only crew
    6'2 master race crew
    Audiophile crew
    Metal crew
    Introvert/INTJ crew
    German crew
    If you aren't getting stronger you aren't getting bigger crew

RaibeartBruis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RaibeartBruis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RaibeartBruis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RaibeartBruis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RaibeartBruis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RaibeartBruis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RaibeartBruis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RaibeartBruis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RaibeartBruis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RaibeartBruis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RaibeartBruis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Powerlifting is for losers. Man lands on moon.
    HTC

STEMcel

Xboxcel

CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sht you say probably only applies in US. Most powerlifters/weightlifters i know are somewhat aesthetic, strong asf and very humble

People hating on them are usually weak asf and chasing "aesthetics" doing weird 6x a week splits with baby weights lmao

And by the way who gives a sht ? Why do people even care what others do
    S 420/B 310/D 515 @173lb
    BSc Dietetics/Sports Nutrition
    MSc Biomedical Sc/Endocrinology

"Discipline is doing what you hate to do, but nonetheless doing it like you love it." - Mike Tyson.

ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Who honestly cares though

Action isn't always going to reflect who the person is; you're going to meet some real egotistical fukin idiots that are into bodybuilding and power-lifting alike. It's just all coming back to the fact of how their personality is.
    if you need someone to chat with, don't hesitate to shoot me a PM.

Location: Merseyside, The North, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I remember when lifting used to be an underground spit & sawdust type of sport.

Almost nobody did it.

Now the entire lifting game has been infiltrated by cucks, queers and hipsters.

They are doing to lifting what they have done to the beer scene.

Go to any gym now and all you see is an ocean of headphone-wearing twiglets and screaming green-haired *******s.

R.I.P. lifting.

lmfao wtf..
    fist yourself

dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bfdehewdbyywhn View Post
    most powerlifters are part of the lgbtqrs have colored hair, massive feminists, liberals etc. the women 90% of the time are either obese or look like men due to the roids the take. most of these guys get f ucked in the ass and the girls are massive swingers STDs. a lot of them aren’t even that strong, the strongest people I know don’t powerlift. overly complex programming and a weird SJW culture. they all have strong squats but poverty deadlift and especially bench. will never join a powerlifting gym.

example:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6KMQcEh...d=b8if4btp32by
    dying at the comment "congrats you squatted half your body weight"

Potatolifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Potatolifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Potatolifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Potatolifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Potatolifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Potatolifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Potatolifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Potatolifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Potatolifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Potatolifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Potatolifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    All on point.

He was decked out with

- Head Band
    - Lifting Belt
    - Knee Wraps
    - Wrist wraps
    - Elbow sleeve
    - Compression socks
    - Lifting shoes
    - Funky 1 lb plates

You forgot to add "getting your bro to slap chalk all over your back whilst shouting fuk yeah you got this while squatting 315lb above parallel"

Social media influencer AWillis's Avatar
    AWillis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AWillis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AWillis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AWillis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AWillis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AWillis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AWillis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AWillis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AWillis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AWillis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AWillis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    degenerates you say...

Subjecting yourself to self imposed discipline is the surest way to increase the quality of your existence

Never accept defeat

Cobra Kai Crew

The opposite of courage, in our society, is not cowardice but conformity

M3lony has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) M3lony has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) M3lony has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) M3lony has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) M3lony has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) M3lony has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) M3lony has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) M3lony has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) M3lony has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) M3lony has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) M3lony has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I just dont like stereotypes and they exist both in the fitness and powerlifting scene. Still dont understand that once you do powerlifting your beard seems to grow out, your head sheds and its all metal and growling.
    I respect guys like this

Zwicker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zwicker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zwicker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zwicker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zwicker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zwicker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zwicker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zwicker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zwicker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zwicker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zwicker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I remember in the mid-late 2000's when I was beginning to realize that bodybuilding was overwhelmingly just about the orange juice, I started to consider powerlifting. At the time it was 100% underground. The typical skull bandanas, all black clothing, and goofy death metal. It was as niche as can be. It seems like that community of equipped lifters still exists in small numbers, but powerlifting has become a lot trendier. Loads of people in commecial gyms now squat, deadlift, and bench. I suppose it's good except for the cringe-worthy talk of "programming" and having a girlfriend/boyfriend combo hog a rack for an hour while they barely half squat 255.

All lifting communities have their walking memes. Crossfit has decent people just trying to workout and be in shape, but also the jooce boys who immediately take off their shirt in the gym and show off around the females. Mediocre athletes on gear who are just there for the looks they get. Bodybuilding has the typical narcissists who pretend their physique is only to do with their hard work and sacrifice, not their orange juice regimen. Etc.
    Last edited by Zwicker; 12-17-2019 at 05:06 AM.

So Fly My Ash is Lined Up rainieravesouth's Avatar
    rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    people get into powerlifting and bodybuilding because they aren't good at sports.
    - Rep "super stupid jeans" pics on sight

MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by M3lony View Post
    I just dont like stereotypes and they exist both in the fitness and powerlifting scene. Still dont understand that once you do powerlifting your beard seems to grow out, your head sheds and its all metal and growling.
    I respect guys like this

I saw a dude like that at the gym once. Didn't look like much, maybe a 170 but was out benching just about everyone in the gym.
    Vikings--Wolves-Gophers
    ***United----MNUFC***
    *****Celiac Bruh*****

allianc3 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) allianc3 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) allianc3 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) allianc3 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) allianc3 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) allianc3 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) allianc3 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) allianc3 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) allianc3 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) allianc3 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) allianc3 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Reading this thread makes me kinda sad. I feel as though the days are gone where people get into lifting for the pure enjoyment/fulfillment that it gives them. It seems like nowadays there's a bandwagon that people are desperately trying to jump onto before the next bandwagon arrives.

Props to anyone around here who began lifting before social media, didn't let social media influence the way they approached the gym/fitness, and continue to lift purely for their own motivations and not for any other acceptance or validation.

Fuking glad I never became interested in PL, crossfit, strongman, ect... they'd have all been a tremendous waste of time when compared to just waking up and hitting the gym the way I want to hit the gym.

MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The ****e I don't like are the SJWs and fukking cheats. I like old school, flat back on the bench lifting, no suits or other gear. Maybe a belt, that's it. It's getting like everything else in life these days, when **** gets hard lets build something to make it easier for me.
    Vikings--Wolves-Gophers
    ***United----MNUFC***
    *****Celiac Bruh*****

KirkMcquest has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KirkMcquest has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KirkMcquest has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KirkMcquest has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KirkMcquest has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KirkMcquest has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KirkMcquest has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KirkMcquest has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KirkMcquest has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KirkMcquest has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KirkMcquest has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wondering where most of you guys live? What you see in the gym probably reflects urban culture. We dont have any of that crap here. SJWs are freaks I see on youtube videos not in real life.

My gym is mostly dudes, couple of muscular chicks in super tight short shorts. Everyone mostly friendly. I dont see much difference from the gyms I worked out in in the 90's [accept lifters are alot smaller now ].

MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by M3lony View Post
    I respect guys like this

How tf is this guy so strong??? I would be snapped immediately srs