OmgLOok is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Advice for intermediate to build more muscular body

Hey i wonder with which exercises i should start according to my body type and the level of advancement that i have made (i will post link to images below) I used to workout at gym for more than 2 years with breaks then i stopped and started climbing on boulders. Now i want to go back but I realized i had no idea what i was doing so my body isn't in the shape it could have been if i was more informed about what exactly to do. My goal is to build a body like on this pic below (is it even possible for me). I have problem with chest because it doesn't grow. What should i do? Any advice?

Pictures of my body are attached, also the one that i want to achieve.

I can workout even 5 times a week with split training so i can progress really fast

What do you thnik guys?

Weight: 80kg
    height: 187cm
    Body fat: 11
    Last edited by OmgLOok; 11-11-2019 at 10:56 AM.

cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Your goal, assuming he is the same height as you probably weights 100 kg's so a good place to start would be to spend the next two years packing some significant weight

HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    First, you are not intermediate with that body lmao.

Secondly, a pro tip: focus on your upper back, lats and all that stuff as hard as anything. Thank me later.

12 pack > 6 pack PurmaBulker1984's Avatar
    PurmaBulker1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PurmaBulker1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PurmaBulker1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PurmaBulker1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PurmaBulker1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PurmaBulker1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PurmaBulker1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PurmaBulker1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PurmaBulker1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PurmaBulker1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PurmaBulker1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    10 years of working out consistently and eating. You need to gain about 40 lbs of lean muscle.
    Current max
    325 bb bench
    295 incl bb bench
    275 push press.

Married w/ 2 kids crew

Originally Posted by HeMB View Post
    First, you are not intermediate with that body lmao.

Secondly, a pro tip: focus on your upper back, lats and all that stuff as hard as anything. Thank me later.
    Looks like i need to workout harder than ever. Why should I focus on lats? Do you mean that i can get this hot body V shape?

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by OmgLOok View Post
    Looks like i need to workout harder than ever.
    No, and you don't need to "progress really fast". You need to be realistic and stick to a real program and proper nutrition consistently over a long period of time. This is why your chest doesn't grow, which really applies to your whole body.

You're not intermediate just b/c you used to work out on and off for 2 years when you had no idea what you were doing. If you want to achieve that body, think in terms of years not months. If you're expecting to transform into that in a year or so you're going to be disappointed and quit long before then.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Looks like i need to workout harder than ever. Why should I focus on lats? Do you mean that i can get this hot body V shape?
    Working out harder doesn't not mean better all the time.
    Doing more days a week doesn't mean faster progress.

Training intelligently and consistently doing the right amount of hard work that you can still recover from to do more hard work shortly, and eating consistently will get you what you want
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    Working out harder doesn't not mean better all the time.
    Doing more days a week doesn't mean faster progress.

Training intelligently and consistently doing the right amount of hard work that you can still recover from to do more hard work shortly, and eating consistently will get you what you want
    Yes i know it takes time i meant that i have to make a preparations and keep up to diet and strict plan. I know that this body takes time to build but i was curious if i am even capable of that and with how much effort. Anyway thanks for replying

Oleg1975K has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oleg1975K has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oleg1975K has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oleg1975K has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oleg1975K has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oleg1975K has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oleg1975K has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oleg1975K has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oleg1975K has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oleg1975K has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oleg1975K has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hey i wonder with which exercises i should start according to my body type and the level of advancement that i have made (i will post link to images below) I used to workout at gym for more than 2 years with breaks then i stopped and started climbing on boulders. Now i want to go back but I realized i had no idea what i was doing so my body isn't in the shape it could have been if i was more informed about what exactly to do. My goal is to build a body like on this pic below (is it even possible for me). I have problem with chest because it doesn't grow. What should i do? Any advice?

Pictures of my body are attached, also the one that i want to achieve.

I can workout even 5 times a week with split training so i can progress really fast

What do you thnik guys?

Weight: 80kg
    height: 187cm
    Body fat: 11
    I have to disappoint you, if you really trained for 2 years and achieved such “successes” in bodybuilding, then you will never become such as your icon. But the good news is that for 6-8 years of proper training and the right diet for this, you can become a fairly muscular man. )))
    bench press 167.5 kgx1, 125 kgx13, 100 kgх24
    standing press 100 kgx1, 82,5 kg 4 sets х 5 reps
    deadlift 230 kgx1, 200 kgx4, 190 kg 3 sets x 5 reps
    raw squat 180 kgx1, 150 kg 5x5
    chin-ups +25 kg x10 reps

Originally Posted by Oleg1975K View Post
    I have to disappoint you, if you really trained for 2 years and achieved such “successes” in bodybuilding, then you will never become such as your icon. But the good news is that for 6-8 years of proper training and the right diet for this, you can become a fairly muscular man. )))
    I mean i didn't workout for 2 years straight. To be honest maybe 3-4 months in one point of time 3-4 times a week. I think my genes aren't as good as this guy but i can do something really similar with my V shape natural body. I just need consistency, good plan and diet

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Don’t strive achieve someone else’s body - while you can choose what to focus on, exactly how your muscles look once built up is largely genetic.

Just aim for a more in shape, muscular version of yourself. In the end after years of working out you might even look better than him, but you will look different.

yea but i wonder what can i achieve with my bone structure. Is it hard to anticpate? I can see that i have crazy shoulders during workout. What should i aim for firstly? Is it even worth for me to put so much effort into my body so that it can look amazing or just stay consistent with 2/3 times per week? I mean i can go crazy with 5 days workout but only if i get really good results in time ( as u said before 2+ years)

12 pack > 6 pack PurmaBulker1984's Avatar
    PurmaBulker1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PurmaBulker1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PurmaBulker1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PurmaBulker1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PurmaBulker1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PurmaBulker1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PurmaBulker1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PurmaBulker1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PurmaBulker1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PurmaBulker1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PurmaBulker1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    yea but i wonder what can i achieve with my bone structure. Is it hard to anticpate? I can see that i have crazy shoulders during workout. What should i aim for firstly? Is it even worth for me to put so much effort into my body so that it can look amazing or just stay consistent with 2/3 times per week? I mean i can go crazy with 5 days workout but only if i get really good results in time ( as u said before 2+ years)
    With that attitude I'd say youre maxed out
    Current max
    325 bb bench
    295 incl bb bench
    275 push press.

Married w/ 2 kids crew

You should aim to improve your entire body by using balanced workout routines and appropriate diet over the course of years, not by "going crazy" now or focusing on one body part at a time.

You can spend your time coming up w/ excuses why working out is not worth it for your body type or you could spend your time in the gym doing something about it - your body type is only what it is until you change it.

Wanting a guarantee that you'll achieve the body you want before working out is like wanting a guarantee that you'll get into a great college before you study or do homework. That's not how this works, you get back results based on the effort you put in.

There's no end time limit on achieving the body you want - half of the ppl on this forum are 49 yrs old and are still working at it. I can guarantee you that if you put in the work under a proper program and eat based on your goals, you'll improve your body and feel good about seeing gains from your hard work - what's hard to anticipate is whether you'll actually put in the effort and discipline to get there.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    You should aim to improve your entire body by using balanced workout routines and appropriate diet over the course of years, not by "going crazy" now or focusing on one body part at a time.

You can spend your time coming up w/ excuses why working out is not worth it for your body type or you could spend your time in the gym doing something about it - your body type is only what it is until you change it.

Wanting a guarantee that you'll achieve the body you want before working out is like wanting a guarantee that you'll get into a great college before you study or do homework. That's not how this works, you get back results based on the effort you put in.

There's no end time limit on achieving the body you want - half of the ppl on this forum are 49 yrs old and are still working at it. I can guarantee you that if you put in the work under a proper program and eat based on your goals, you'll improve your body and feel good about seeing gains from your hard work - what's hard to anticipate is whether you'll actually put in the effort and discipline to get there.
    Thank you for reply. I am fully dedicated to improving my body, I will make an update in a half a year and year.

Thank you for reply. I am fully dedicated to improving my body, I will make an update in a half a year and year.
    Sounds like a plan, good luck!

LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm surprised no one has asked this yet. What are your lifting numbers? It's highly likely that you are still a beginner. If so, pick one of the stickied routines, follow it for 4-6 months religiously and then come back asking for advice for an intermediate lifter.

I wholeheartedly support you looking up to physiques online for inspiration. Just don't beat yourself up if you can't achieve it exactly. There are too many factors at play and some are out of your control.

Originally Posted by LifterWest View Post
    I'm surprised no one has asked this yet. What are your lifting numbers? It's highly likely that you are still a beginner. If so, pick one of the stickied routines, follow it for 4-6 months religiously and then come back asking for advice for an intermediate lifter.

I wholeheartedly support you looking up to physiques online for inspiration. Just don't beat yourself up if you can't achieve it exactly. There are too many factors at play and some are out of your control.
    Hello! I dont deadlift at all, i never did legs because they are already massive and i dont want to look like an elephant. I bench press 50 kg in series 12,10,8,6. I take 16 kg on biceps each hand with dumbbel. I do shoulders rising sideways with 10 kg each hand. I never took numbers of my back because I trained it on climbing wall. My triceps is always an unknown. For my stomach i do plank for 1 minute 3 times with 30 second break and other exercises.
    Yes I love watchin these videos. I know i can become something similar if put an effort and dedicate my time for training

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I dont deadlift at all, i never did legs because they are already massive and i dont want to look like an elephant.
    Based on your pics and your numbers, I have to take your assessment of your legs with a grain of salt.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    Based on your pics and your numbers, I have to take your assessment of your legs with a grain of salt.
    Hahaha I can send pics they are massive but not that much to see each muscule in parts

LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hahaha I can send pics they are massive but not that much to see each muscule in parts
    I don't mean to be rude here but you are absolutely a beginner since you haven't done any structured lifting. In fact you need to read up a lot and I'd start with the stickies in the program sub forum. I guarantee you, you need to work out each and every body part. If your legs look like an elephant, it's for the wrong reason.

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Hello! I dont deadlift at all, i never did legs because they are already massive and i dont want to look like an elephant. I bench press 50 kg in series 12,10,8,6.
    You are a novice. Nowhere near intermediate. You need a good full-body novice routine like Fierce 5.