Mvanlanen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Injury Prevention and Recovery

In the last 3 years I have had surgery on my shoulder (torn labrum) and a spine surgery (L5 S1 Herniation). I was just curious as to how I should go about working out and getting back into the gym. How long I should go with lightweight lifts and just how light should I be starting?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    We can't really offer you any advice - that should only be done by a qualified physiotherapist. Sorry this seems unhelpful but even well meaning people could offer you advice which ends up making your condition worse.

KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Mvanlanen View Post
    In the last 3 years I have had surgery on my shoulder (torn labrum) and a spine surgery (L5 S1 Herniation). I was just curious as to how I should go about working out and getting back into the gym. How long I should go with lightweight lifts and just how light should I be starting?
    You definitely should see a PT if you can. If you can't the best advice I can give is to start extremely light and avoid exercises that give you pain. You may have imbalances from the injuries you need to work on first and that's where a PT would help

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Just to be clear, by PT he means (at least I hope he does!!) Physical therapist /physiotherapist not personal trainer