Registered User alexfitness1234's Avatar
    alexfitness1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Post Fierce 5 Log/ Progress

After wasting my time bro splitting for my first year at the gym I have decided to start the Fierce 5 novice program.

I am 5ft 11, 19 years old and currently weigh 161.2 pounds.
    I have the following 5 RPM’s
    -Bench 55kg
    -Squat 75kg
    -OHP 30kg

I am currently on a cut as for the first year of training I put on 0% muscle and 100% fat, I have been cutting for about 5 weeks and I have lost about 7.5 pounds. Only going to cut for another 2 weeks or so until I have lost the remainder of my belly fat then I am going to lean bulk on 3000 calories a day. I want to gain 0.5 pounds a week and so I will measure myself once a week and adjust the calories accordingly.

I currently have a slight wrist injury from playing football so I am taking bench quite light at the moment, I have also never done Pendlay rows, front squat or face pulls before. My plan is for the next 2 weeks while I am still cutting is to keep taking bench light, not increasing the weight until my wrist recovers and then for Pendlay rows, front squat and face pulls I will use the next 2 weeks to improve my form and work out what weight to use. Once my cut is over I will then try and increase the weight on upper body by 2.5kg and the lower body by 5kg.

Any tips would be great thanks
    Last edited by alexfitness1234; 12-13-2018 at 02:26 AM. Reason: adding more

Registered User alexfitness1234's Avatar
    alexfitness1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Day 1 - Workout A

Squat 3x5 - 60kg
    Bench 3x5 - 45kg
    Pendlay Rows - 3x8 - 40kg
    Face pulls - 3x10 - 40kg
    Overhead tricep extension (single arm) - 2x10 - 8kg
    Calf Raises (Machine) - 2x15 - 60kg slow reps

60kg squat was very comfortable, could increase easily but as mentioned I am going to bulk in 2 weeks time and this is when I will start to increase weight. My form was pretty good I just need to engage my core a bit more. My wrist wasn't too bad on the bench press, just a little discomfort. For pendlay rows I think my form was okay, managed to keep my back straight and parallel to the floor, used 40kg but will use 50kg next week as this was relatively easy.