Thread: Need help

Jmartin0201 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need help

Currently a member at a local sports center for £20pp through work. To be blunt the gyms awful full of cardio and minimal weights. All i do is play squash once or twice a week. Classes and swimming is included but i dont use either of them.

My brothers a member of an independant gym elsewhere in the town and it is a temple for all the bodybuilders of the local area, he too is shredded. This is old school gold gym style £300 a year cash only.

Ive lost all motivation and I really want to get into weights again but im scared to pay the money and fall off the wagon again. Ive joined a running club and play alot of golf so i need to proritize the gym and by gong to a better gym im hoping this will help
    Im not bothered about it being a roid boy gym either.

Any motivational advice would be appreciated

saltedm8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) saltedm8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) saltedm8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) saltedm8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) saltedm8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) saltedm8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) saltedm8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) saltedm8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) saltedm8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) saltedm8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) saltedm8 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I think the best advice is to simply start, you could start with simple things to begin with, an hours walk every day, some diet adjustments and a little more water intake.

This obviously would not yield muscle results, but it is great to build habits, ones that move you towards your goal, that can increase motivation all by itself, as if you can keep that up for a month or so, you can move to a new habit, like walking and spending an hour at the gym.

It takes a few months to build what transformers into a habit, you just need to take small steps, one at a time to achieve it
    Last edited by saltedm8; 10-27-2017 at 11:22 AM.

Thanks for that, that sounds a good idea. I think my problem is that i jump right into the deepend the way my brother does it and its very hardcore training 6 times a week every macro on point.

Its also my priorities because id drop everything to play golf as im very good at it where as ive an excuse book 1000 pages thick atm for the gym!

Baby steps first though. Thankyou

Im also not wanting to be a huge body builder just Low bf with a bit of muscle so i feel and look good and i dont wake up one day and think **** me when did i get so fat

saltedm8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) saltedm8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) saltedm8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) saltedm8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) saltedm8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) saltedm8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) saltedm8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) saltedm8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) saltedm8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) saltedm8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) saltedm8 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i’m not qualified to give nutritional advice, but start with ‘clean’ foods not processed ones and when you do get to the point of macros with all the training, you will be ready, every journey begins with the first step but again, I stress making good habits.

bcradio is just really nice. (+1000) bcradio is just really nice. (+1000) bcradio is just really nice. (+1000) bcradio is just really nice. (+1000) bcradio is just really nice. (+1000) bcradio is just really nice. (+1000) bcradio is just really nice. (+1000) bcradio is just really nice. (+1000) bcradio is just really nice. (+1000) bcradio is just really nice. (+1000) bcradio is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by saltedm8 View Post
    i’m not qualified to give nutritional advice, but start with ‘clean’ foods not processed ones and when you do get to the point of macros with all the training, you will be ready, every journey begins with the first step but again, I stress making good habits.
    Definitely wash your food for sure before you eat it.

To start, head over to the nutrition forum and read the stickies. Then get on a beginners training plan and start lifting 2-3x a week.

KingKakarot is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by bcradio View Post
    Definitely wash your food for sure before you eat it.

To start, head over to the nutrition forum and read the stickies. Then get on a beginners training plan and start lifting 2-3x a week.
    YEah with Dawn or Palmolive

LiveFitNowUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you can make small changes consistently you will see results, you may want to build up the amount you do at some point but may not stick with it if you put the bar too high at the start if you have other commitments. If the gym that you are considering will allow you to do the things you would like to focus on, go for it, even if you only go once a week it will be less that £6 a session... good luck with whatever you choose!
    Vicki
    Loves lifting weights, working out and being an online coach and personal trainer.
    www.LiveFitNow.co.uk
    www.LiveFitNowOnline.com