Liljan is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Damaged metabolismen HELP!!

Hello! I just wanted to ask a quick question, I have been trying to get leaner and I have got from 93kg to 85 in a very short amount of time. I have been on 2300 calories now for a while and im not loosing wheight anymore, im nearly going up in wheight. My Bmr is on 2000 calories and I work out at least one and a half hour every day and doing other things. I have read that I could have damaged my metabolismen, because i did a bulk and ate like 3000+ and then immediatley i started eating 2300 calories. I have noticed that my body temepature have decreased a lot im around 36.3 celsius and before that I was around 36.8. My sleep is **** and my recovery time is getting worser and worser, Im starting to get depression and im always sad now a days. I just wanted to ask you what you should have done in my situation, your help would mean a lot.

LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Liljan View Post
    Hello! I just wanted to ask a quick question, I have been trying to get leaner and I have got from 93kg to 85 in a very short amount of time. I have been on 2300 calories now for a while and im not loosing wheight anymore, im nearly going up in wheight. My Bmr is on 2000 calories and I work out at least one and a half hour every day and doing other things. I have read that I could have damaged my metabolismen, because i did a bulk and ate like 3000+ and then immediatley i started eating 2300 calories. I have noticed that my body temepature have decreased a lot im around 36.3 celsius and before that I was around 36.8. My sleep is **** and my recovery time is getting worser and worser, Im starting to get depression and im always sad now a days. I just wanted to ask you what you should have done in my situation, your help would mean a lot.
    You don't really provide a lot of information here but if you think you're suffering depression then you should go and see your doctor, they're the only one that can provide help with regards to this.

Having said that, good nutrition also makes a difference, have you been getting adequate levels of all your nutrition including fat? Fat plays a large party in balancing hormones among other health issues.

You notice you ate at 2300 calories and lost a lot of weight but then it stopped. Over how long of a period did you lost the 8kg? Have you tried reducing your calories further as you don't mention this? Try dropping a few hundred more calories to say 2000 and seeing if this makes a change in a few weeks.
    Feb 11th: 82.9kg | Mar 11th: 80.3kg | April 15th: 76.4kg | May 13th: 73.5kg | June 10th: 70.6kg | Sept 10th 70.6kg

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    You have not "damaged" your metabolism. It is possible that the amount of calories you need to eat to lose weight has dropped some as you dropped weight...

LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    You have not "damaged" your metabolism. It is possible that the amount of calories you need to eat to lose weight has dropped some as you dropped weight...
    I would wager that's exactly what it is, he doesn't mention having dropped his calories further after the initial drop.
    Feb 11th: 82.9kg | Mar 11th: 80.3kg | April 15th: 76.4kg | May 13th: 73.5kg | June 10th: 70.6kg | Sept 10th 70.6kg

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    - How tall are you?
    - How long have you been cutting calories?
    - What are you eating in an average day (fat/protein/carbs in grams)?
    - What are you using to log calories?
    - What is your training program like (specific program name or description, # days/week, etc.)?
    - Are you doing any cardio in addition to weight training?

juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    This...plus I'd wager you're likely not accurately counting calories.

broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000)
    There is a multiplier I read about on the project swole blog (not sure if they came up with it) that said that if you take your weight in pounds and multiply it by 12, that would be the typical daily calorie intake to maintain that weight for someone working a desk job.

85 kg * 2.2 lbs/kg * 12 = 2244 calories per day to maintain that weight. Looks to me like this would apply. You can reverse engineer that rule by taking your desired weight and multiply it by 12, and that would be your new daily calorie intake. If you stick with it you would eventually stabilize around that weight.

Im 187cm and 86kg right now im doing push pull legs, so im training 6 days a week and in doing cardio at least 2 days a week (Hiit) My macros right know is carbs 288, fats 51 and protein 173. I have Maybelline been om Therese calories in 10 weeks.

I just thought that the calories was pretty low for My height and weight, and of so Many hours of training in a week, I Will try 2300 this week with a Little more cardio, IF it doesnt work I Will cut the calories to 2000. But ita very boring becasue I Also have ****ty workouts, My strenght is going down very fast rigjt now, a det weeks i go randomly hit a new pr om the deadlift (170 kg) and now I have problem to deadlift 150kg.

I Lost the 8 kg in 4 weeks.

Adare1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adare1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adare1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adare1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adare1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adare1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adare1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adare1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adare1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adare1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adare1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Im 187cm and 86kg right now im doing push pull legs, so im training 6 days a week and in doing cardio at least 2 days a week (Hiit) My macros right know is carbs 288, fats 51 and protein 173. I have Maybelline been om Therese calories in 10 weeks.
    288 g carbs :O!!!

Try 159g carbs max / 71 g fat / 136 - 182 g protein

1800 calorie per day

Okej i try 2300 this week and of nothing happends i Will change it thanks

Adare1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adare1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adare1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adare1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adare1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adare1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adare1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adare1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adare1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adare1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adare1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Okej i try 2300 this week and of nothing happends i Will change it thanks
    I went ahead and just threw your numbers into a tdee calculator, and 2300 came out as your tdee. So presumably if it is correct you will neither gain nor lose weight at 2300. :P

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Adare1 View Post
    288 g carbs :O!!!

Try 159g carbs max / 71 g fat / 136 - 182 g protein

1800 calorie per day
    I would definitely up the fat from 51. Fat is more important than many people realize and getting too little can lead to many side effects--poor vitamin absorption, lethargy, depression, loss of libido, hair loss, etc. Your OP made me wonder if you had cut them too low and I believe you have. Remember that raising fat means that you need to cut the calories elsewhere. One gram of fat is 9 calories while protein and carbs are each 4 calories. So increasing fat by 1 gram means you need to cut out 2.25 grams of one of the other macros.

Also, you are 6'1" and 187 lbs. What is your overall goal?
    Last edited by spradish; 05-15-2017 at 01:51 PM.

lntense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lntense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lntense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lntense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lntense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lntense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lntense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lntense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lntense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lntense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lntense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I just thought that the calories was pretty low for My height and weight, and of so Many hours of training in a week, I Will try 2300 this week with a Little more cardio, IF it doesnt work I Will cut the calories to 2000. But ita very boring becasue I Also have ****ty workouts, My strenght is going down very fast rigjt now, a det weeks i go randomly hit a new pr om the deadlift (170 kg) and now I have problem to deadlift 150kg.

Your carbs are too high. Have you not heard of insulin sensitivity?.. You need to do more research.

171 LBS so 78 kg

ericmforest is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    At your height, assuming you have an average/athletic makeup, 187lbs is what I might expect.

I'm 6ft, 192lbs. A little over 2300cal is maintenance (I have a desk job but I jog 2-3 times/week). When I slack off and hit 200-210lbs I need to dip a bit below 2000/day in order to drop mass at a perceptible rate.

During weight loss proportionally very few calories need to come from carbs, and those carbs ideally come from vegetables or lean vegetable soups (roasted red pepper, tomato, carrot, avoid creamy). Otherwise I eat eggs, chicken (thighs, drums, breast, whatever, just keep the overall calories down), the occasional steak or burger (1-2 times/week). The occasional homemade pizza, thinnest crust possible, easy cheese.

Sorry man. It sucks balls, but the answer is eat less (assuming you already move as much as you can).

- sub-2000 cal
    - avoid carbs
    - don't be quite as afraid of fats (don't go eating a stick of butter either)
    - more cardio never hurt weight loss but it could **** with your resistance results

breakfast:
    2-3 eggs ~300cal
    occasionally bacon 2-4 strips ~200-300 cal

lunch:
    big bowl of pureed vegetable soup, I make it myself, but read the label if you dont, sodium is a bitch ~shouldnt ever be more than 500cal, often less

dinner:
    steamed veggies ~negligible
    meat of some kind ~keep it under 800 cal

This hits ~1600 cal (without the bacon). You'll then have room to snack on nuts and protein shakes, but they can sneak up on you. Keep in mind, you will never get strong on this diet.

FWIW I like to eat late and have a big glass of water so I don't feel hungry before bed. I'm not totally sold on the "don't eat after 9 thing."
    Last edited by ericmforest; 05-16-2017 at 09:48 PM.

Buckyx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Buckyx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Buckyx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Buckyx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Buckyx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Buckyx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Buckyx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Buckyx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Buckyx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Buckyx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Buckyx has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    what the hell is this damaged metabolism thing? I thought any negative effects of restricting calories on TDEE reverts once you start eating more
    20% bf crew

screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000)
    "Damaged metabolism" is an excuse that bro-scientists invented to explain why people can't lose weight. It's not damaged metabolism, your body just needs fewer calories the less you weigh. If you have a significant amount of fat to lose, you can NEVER go back to eating the way you did at the beginning (unless you want to get fat again).

Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Buckyx View Post
    what the hell is this damaged metabolism thing? I thought any negative effects of restricting calories on TDEE reverts once you start eating more
    'Starvation Mode' is the most enduring myth of the nutrition/fitness industry. Well that and 'Carbs are bad for you'.
    IIFYM

Start Weight : 300
    Goal Weight : 200
    Aug/Sep Motivation Thread: 262 | 260.8 | 258.8 | 257.2 | 255 | 264.5 | 256.3 | 254.4

jdcole4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jdcole4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jdcole4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jdcole4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jdcole4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jdcole4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jdcole4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jdcole4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jdcole4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jdcole4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jdcole4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thyroid production could get screwed up and then you'd have metabolism issues. 99.9% of people don't, but if you think you are that special snowflake go give your money to a doctor to get your blood checked. Be sure to post afterwards that you have no medical problems and simply eat too much.
    "You're either pro or your noob, that's life."

Glyco-Energy Log (COMPLETE): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154746253&p=1107996033&posted=1#post1107996033
    Muscleology Sledgehammer (COMPLETE): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156063553&p=1115146633#post1115146633

Balanor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Balanor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Balanor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Balanor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Balanor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Balanor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Balanor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Balanor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Balanor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Balanor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Balanor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DyingAtheist View Post
    'Starvation Mode' is the most enduring myth of the nutrition/fitness industry. Well that and 'Carbs are bad for you'.
    Dr. Layne Norton on metabolic damage... but then again what does he know?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHHzie6XRGk
    Current FAT-loss Log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172142603&p=1457092743#post1457092743

dashdash89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dashdash89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dashdash89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dashdash89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dashdash89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dashdash89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dashdash89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dashdash89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dashdash89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dashdash89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dashdash89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Balanor View Post

You can get some more comprehensive insight from the podcast here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swrul81qco8

Layne is a great resource, his viewpoint isn't shared by everyone.

Keep on swimming! scrossmaggard's Avatar
    scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000)
    Cut more calories or move more.
    Nothing worth having in life comes easily!

Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Balanor View Post

Forgive me if I don't watch a near 30 minute video because of a non-specific forum post. Don't dispute that your metabolism can slow down.
    IIFYM

Start Weight : 300
    Goal Weight : 200
    Aug/Sep Motivation Thread: 262 | 260.8 | 258.8 | 257.2 | 255 | 264.5 | 256.3 | 254.4