Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    aakkt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aakkt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aakkt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aakkt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aakkt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aakkt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aakkt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aakkt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aakkt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aakkt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aakkt has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Amateur1985 View Post
    As the name suggests I'm new to all this and after lots of advice.... I apologise now for choosing your thread, but with millions to choose from I didn't know where to start!
    My goals: loose the gut and build some sort of decent shape. Simple?!
    What I need to know:
    Is my diet anywhere near right?
    Is the kind of exercise I'm doing anywhere near right?
    Are supplements recommended for my goals? If so what?
    Any other advice is massively appreciated.
    My details: Male, 32, 5ft 9 and a massive 15.8 stone. None of which is the right sort of weight. It's basically all fat.
    Background: I started the diet in January and lost about a stone so far. Stopped loosing weight and joined the gym about a week ago. Not really lost anymore weight since joining.
    Current diet:
    breakfast is a shake of almond milk, banana, spinach, orange, avocado and frozen berries.
    Lunch is a chicken breast with chopped tomatoes spinach and chilli.
    Dinner is the same as lunch, eaten after the gym.
    The workout 4 times a week (only on second week now):
    10 mins rowing machine completing about 2200m
    10 mins bike for 3km
    5 mins cross trainer - by which time I'm f****d
    Shoulder press 4 sets of 8 on about 35k
    Chest press 4 sets of 8 on about 35k
    Lat pull the same sets on about 30k
    And about the same on a leg machine.
    sorry for the essay... and thanks in advance if you have any advice.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16
    fat loss forum, make a thread in there
    telling us what you eat is arbitrary, you could be eating 5kg chicken breasts and half a gram of spinach and call it chicken and spinach
    figure out what macros youre eating (carbs/protein/fat) and post that instead. also weigh your food if you arent already. its *very* easy to over/underestimate how much youre eating
    read this thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=129523333

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13
    nutrition forum, very important info in most of the stickies there. covers how to calculate macros, how many calories you expend daily (roughly), what you should be eating and lots more good stuff

aakkt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aakkt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aakkt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aakkt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aakkt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aakkt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aakkt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aakkt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aakkt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aakkt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aakkt has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by tank2003 View Post
    Plenty of exercises. Do you notice from day to day that they wing?

In overhead sports like, baseball, javelin throwing, or even day to day work that keeps you recreating overhead activities. What happens, is that the arm you use the most will developea hugely fast Phasic receptors which respond to fast motion, while tonic receptors respond to slow motions. So in your case, your chest muscles have way over developed Phasic receptors and your back has efficient tonic receptors. Part of fixing this issue is learning what is what, and we all know what you cannot have a muscle contraction without innervation from Central nervous system. So on the Nervous level, you need to stretch the muscles with the fastest receptos which are the chest and anterior delt. these stretches need to be longer than 3 seconds.

now. what is physically happening is that your serratus anterior is weak and undertrained. When you bring your elbows behind you (like when you are bench pressing, the Serratus Anterior actually "floats" away from the bones (kind of similar to shin splits but there is usually no pain included) and massive reduces your ROM.
    Yeah I tend to notice the winging from day to day but I've been paying it attention recently too. It is quite obvious though

I'll start stretching my chest (any specific recommendations?) and training my serratus anterior/lower traps more and let you know of any noticeable differences

What ROM is lost during bench press?

Also out of curiosity can you elaborate on the shin splints comment about muscle "floating"

N = R * fp * ne * fl * fi tank2003's Avatar
    tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by IReallyLoveOats View Post
    lol OP thinks a BS is a PhD

you aren't special, sorry moms just say that
    wait..you mean that someone lied to me and said a BS = PhD? God damnit guys...just cant win

Originally Posted by justin76 View Post
    I have limited dorsiflexion in my left ankle from an injury playing football. I do lots of mobility work for it, but it is never quite as mobile as my right ankle. When I reach 90%+ effort on high bar squats/front squats this causes my right knee to push further forward than my left knee in the hole and has led to me chronically straining what feels like my right IT band in the past. Is there anything I can do to strengthen/stretch the IT band so it can handle the extra load when I get off balance assuming the mobility difference will always be there?
    It sounds like you have a biomechanical issue that limits your ROM in your ankle. There are a chit ton of bones in the ankle and its hard to pin point where the actual issue may be.

IT band issues usually stem from the knee and sometimes the hip, but its definitely not outside the realm of coming from the ankle. To work on the IT band, you dont need to directly attack it because its a fibrous/tendinous structure where muscles insert. What you'll want to do is stretch out your TFL (tensor fascia latae, which is just above your femur next to the illac crest; the most forward part of your ilium). What you'll do is lay on your side. take your top leg (which ever one is in the air) and plant that foot in front of your knee (of the leg that is on the ground; this is to keep your bottom leg from moving forward). Next, take the bottom leg and stretch it back until you feel your quad stretching.

Originally Posted by Bonnappe View Post
    Dude I have the same issue as well! My left knee is further forward than my right one in the descending phase, also my left leg is in general much more stronger than my right one. Oddly enough I don't have any IT band issues
    Do you have a leg length discrepancy? they arent that common, but do occur. if nt, then you may need to have your hips adjusted by a chiro so that they are even and track correctly. lay face down and bend your knees where the pads of your feet are aiming at the ceiling. If you have a mip misalignment, then one foot wills tick up a bit higher making it seem like one leg is longer. Other than that, i'm really nto that sure what to tell you

Originally Posted by xslick View Post
    Holy fuark this thread turned out huge lol. I'm taking Exercise Physiology advanced research right now and I am my own subject. Need to increase my VO2max & lactate threshold to be able to run 1.5miles in 9:10. My VO2max is pretty low right now. What is the best way to overload the system? Should I focus on sprints or should I run distance?
    a BS knows pretty much everything as the PhD. All you do in grad school is take the information you learned from your BS, and do research all day.
    We learned ~80 muscles (origin, insertion, action, innervation, palpation adn antagonist) in undergrad, and nearly doubled that in grad PLUS getting waaaayyyy down ontot he cellular level. mTor synthesis, pyruvate conversions....

Originally Posted by iloveus View Post
    What's VO2max and lactate threshold? Well most importantly why are they so important.
    VO2 Max is the maximum amount of oxygen uptake by your body. The better cardio vascular shape you are in, the higher your VO2 max. Lactate threshold is the point where lactic acid production increases exponentially. Lactic Acid is a nitrogenous waste produced when muscles operate at high levels and causes soem of "the burn" in the muscles. similarly to VO2 Max, the better CV shape you are in, the better lactate threshold will be

Originally Posted by aakkt View Post
    Yeah I tend to notice the winging from day to day but I've been paying it attention recently too. It is quite obvious though

I'll start stretching my chest (any specific recommendations?) and training my serratus anterior/lower traps more and let you know of any noticeable differences

What ROM is lost during bench press?

Also out of curiosity can you elaborate on the shin splints comment about muscle "floating"
    Well, ROM isnt really lost in heavy lifts or times of getting winded, its more along the lines of form goes out the window and ROM can go with it. Ideally, you want to take up to 3 seconds for eccentric phase, and 1.5 sec for concentric. On BP, people tend to bounce the weight which strains the rotator cuff muscles and may not even raise the weight to max height

Shin splints is literally where the tibaialis anterior becomes inflamed and tries to pull away from the tibia. It can be cause by a few different issues like flat feet, uneven heel strikes/mid stances and knee tracking issues.

"Floating" isnt an official term because it implies that a muscle contracts in a different way, which they do not. "winging" is just what the motion associated with a weak serratus anterior is called because the scapulas will flutter out a bit like wings
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.” - The Nameless City by HP Lovecraft
    "The higher the prevalence of infectious diseases the higher the probability of totalitarian political attitudes."
    -Dr. Jordan Peterson Sept 2017
    "The search for a moral equivalent of war continues to define American Liberalism to this day."

iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

VO2 Max is the maximum amount of oxygen uptake by your body. The better cardio vascular shape you are in, the higher your VO2 max. Lactate threshold is the point where lactic acid production increases exponentially. Lactic Acid is a nitrogenous waste produced when muscles operate at high levels and causes soem of "the burn" in the muscles. similarly to VO2 Max, the better CV shape you are in, the better lactate threshold will be

So if I ran alot I wouldn't get anymore muscle "burn"?
    Financial Freedom/Passive Income Crew
    Entrepreneur Crew
    MMA Crew
    Cinematographer Crew
    Photographer Crew
    Ski/Snowboard Crew
    Guns Crew

The point in the run at which you feel the burn will get later and later. Unless you're talking about burn while lifting being effected by running in which case I'm not qualified to answer and I'll leave that to op
    Interestingly, there are a few cases where people are extremely efficient at clearing lactate and it essentially allows them to run or swim forever providing they have the energy via food

tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    LoL..no. the more you work on CV training, the more Lactic acid buffering occurs. the body buffers the acid by converting it back to fuel
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.” - The Nameless City by HP Lovecraft
    "The higher the prevalence of infectious diseases the higher the probability of totalitarian political attitudes."
    "The search for a moral equivalent of war continues to define American Liberalism to this day."

MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    a BS knows pretty much everything as the PhD. All you do in grad school is take the information you learned from your BS, and do research all day.
    Yeah, not even close...With a BS, you just scratch the surface. The depth of information is entirely different. You can learn alot with internships and mentorships but a MS and PhD are on a whole different level which most don't realize until they experience it firsthand.
    B.S. Exercise Science
    M.S. Applied Sport Science and Exercise Physiology

Bonnappe is just really nice. (+1000) Bonnappe is just really nice. (+1000) Bonnappe is just really nice. (+1000) Bonnappe is just really nice. (+1000) Bonnappe is just really nice. (+1000) Bonnappe is just really nice. (+1000) Bonnappe is just really nice. (+1000) Bonnappe is just really nice. (+1000) Bonnappe is just really nice. (+1000) Bonnappe is just really nice. (+1000) Bonnappe is just really nice. (+1000)

Do you have a leg length discrepancy? they arent that common, but do occur. if nt, then you may need to have your hips adjusted by a chiro so that they are even and track correctly. lay face down and bend your knees where the pads of your feet are aiming at the ceiling. If you have a mip misalignment, then one foot wills tick up a bit higher making it seem like one leg is longer. Other than that, i'm really nto that sure what to tell you
    I'm not 100% sure but my right leg in general is much much more weaker than my left one + ankle flexion is much worse on my right leg as well. Today as I was doing leg press I barely got 6 reps with my right leg and my left leg felt like I could've got at least 10 and it just sucks bad. Should I just continue doing leg press and ending my sets when my right leg gives up although my left leg could keep on going?

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by MikeWines View Post
    Yeah, not even close...With a BS, you just scratch the surface. The depth of information is entirely different. You can learn alot with internships and mentorships but a MS and PhD are on a whole different level which most don't realize until they experience it firsthand.
    Then i look forward to your thread helping others with advanced degree help.
    There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and...It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!

plateaubrah123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Tips for close bench press? Many claim for it be a great exercise for triceps but i never get a pump from it. I only feel it if i bring the bar down near to my face but then it turn into a bench press skull crusher hybrid and its harder on my elbows.

theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    How do you feel about people that get weekend certs or pay $500 for a study guide and become personal trainers?
    ★☆★ Full-Time Philadelphia Eagles Fan ★☆★

100% 中國人

USMC Infantry

Originally Posted by plateaubrah123 View Post
    Tips for close bench press? Many claim for it be a great exercise for triceps but i never get a pump from it. I only feel it if i bring the bar down near to my face but then it turn into a bench press skull crusher hybrid and its harder on my elbows.
    im gonna chime in here with my own thoughts. im sure tank will give a much more detailed answer though
    it's much better for triceps than regular BP, not necessarily going to be as good as isolation exercises
    you should not be bringing the bar up that high, the bar should touch your chest fairly low down. in fact im not quite sure how you can comfortably bring the bar down to your high chest with a close grip
    here is a video showing solid form
    https://www.muscleandstrength.com/ex...nch-press.html
    it's not an exercise you're going to get the craziest pump from either IME

B.S., for me, was much more practical and grad level was more theoretical (if you get what i mean, cellular level knowledge...almost completely abstract). Internships and mentorships basically cement your B.S. knowledge

I'm not 100% sure but my right leg in general is much much more weaker than my left one + ankle flexion is much worse on my right leg as well. Today as I was doing leg press I barely got 6 reps with my right leg and my left leg felt like I could've got at least 10 and it just sucks bad. Should I just continue doing leg press and ending my sets when my right leg gives up although my left leg could keep on going?
    when one leg or arm is weaker, try unilateral work to really focus. Have you ever injured your back with an nerve injury? I ruptured my L5/s1 in 2012 and my left leg has been the same. Ive been out of the gym for a year and my left leg atrophied by almost an inch and was ultimately what got me back into the gym. If one side isnt close to equal (its natural to have one leg or arm bigger/weaker/stronger. The jury is somewhat out on why that is though). Measure your quads and calves. to measure your quad, find half way measurement between where your femur bends at the hip and the superior aspect of the patella, divide it by 2, then measure circuference, unless this isnt the thickest part of your quad, then measure that. do the same with your calves, expcept pick the half way point between the bend in your ankle and the inferior aspect of the patella, divide by 2 and measure girth there, unless the tthickest part is in a different position. This can give you an idea if its undertraining or a nervous system issue

Originally Posted by x-trainer ben View Post
    Then i look forward to your thread helping others with advanced degree help.
    MikeWines, jalundah and Ausaric are very good miscers to ask questions. we'll mostly agree, but they usually have a slightly different view

Originally Posted by plateaubrah123 View Post
    Close grip bench isnt all that effective for me. I prefer cobras. where you lay face down ont eh ground, and do a partial push up, but only as far as just raising your stomach off the ground. if your hips come up, then youve done too much. Close grip bench is pretty straight forward. The Majority of motion should be in your elbows with some at your shoudler, so that could be an issue. Dont lower the weight over your face. this can cause some elbow pain because its a bastardized version of skull crushers. If you REALLY want a tricep pump, then do tricep kick backs, but finish with your palms up, just do it slowly and controlled. Finsihing with your palm up REALLy activiates your medial heads

Originally Posted by theACEofSPADES View Post
    How do you feel about people that get weekend certs or pay $500 for a study guide and become personal trainers?
    Well, it is a start. If you have several years of successfuly trianing under your belt, or worked with really talented trainers, then i think its ok. for some, its a great stepping stone to tech what they love, like me. Ive had 4 PT certs in addition to my degree and internships so i dont need them, but if i had the money, i'd have 10 PT certs. You can never stop learning. Its similar to medial school. If youve been out of med school for +5 years, a significant portion of your medial knowledge is probably obselete.

Ex: Behind the head OHP - Slow and controlled is walking a fine line becaus eof your RC muscles but try to amp up the intensity and you'll be dealing with nagging shoulder pain at the least

Originally Posted by aakkt View Post
    im gonna chime in here with my own thoughts. im sure tank will give a much more detailed answer though
    it's much better for triceps than regular BP, not necessarily going to be as good as isolation exercises
    you should not be bringing the bar up that high, the bar should touch your chest fairly low down. in fact im not quite sure how you can comfortably bring the bar down to your high chest with a close grip
    here is a video showing solid form
    https://www.muscleandstrength.com/ex...nch-press.html
    it's not an exercise you're going to get the craziest pump from either IME
    Tricep kick backs (finishing with palms up gives me a berserker pump. Triceps make up 2/3 or your brachium and have a HUGE potential that eclipses the upper limit for biceps

xslick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xslick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xslick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xslick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xslick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xslick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xslick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xslick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xslick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xslick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xslick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Phucked up today. I have a 10k run on Sunday and I forgot about it. Hit legs today and now I'm sore, but the peak DOMS stage hasn't kicked in yet. What is the quickest way to minimize DOMS before Sunday?

iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Phucked up today. I have a 10k run on Sunday and I forgot about it. Hit legs today and now I'm sore, but the peak DOMS stage hasn't kicked in yet. What is the quickest way to minimize DOMS before Sunday?
    How does one get rid of soreness?
    Financial Freedom/Passive Income Crew
    Entrepreneur Crew
    MMA Crew
    Cinematographer Crew
    Photographer Crew
    Ski/Snowboard Crew
    Guns Crew

DOMS fukking SUCKS. They day after is bad but 2 days after is generally the worst. The best your can hope for is stretching every few hours, some VERY low intensity cardio and ice. Good luck bro!

BBTruck is not very helpful. (-500) BBTruck is not very helpful. (-500) BBTruck is not very helpful. (-500) BBTruck is not very helpful. (-500) BBTruck is not very helpful. (-500) BBTruck is not very helpful. (-500) BBTruck is not very helpful. (-500) BBTruck is not very helpful. (-500) BBTruck is not very helpful. (-500) BBTruck is not very helpful. (-500) BBTruck is not very helpful. (-500)
    DOMS fukking SUCKS. They day after is bad but 2 days after is generally the worst. The best your can hope for is stretching every few hours, some VERY low intensity cardio and ice. Good luck bro!
    I get DOMS when I get lazy. With a regimen and diet right, it goes away while getting stronger/leaner at same time. It's a thing I had to learn.

CuckConnoisseur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CuckConnoisseur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CuckConnoisseur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CuckConnoisseur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CuckConnoisseur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CuckConnoisseur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CuckConnoisseur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CuckConnoisseur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CuckConnoisseur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CuckConnoisseur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CuckConnoisseur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    take NSAIDs, do some light activity. honestly wouldn't bother stretching, it won't improve recovery or reduce DOMS, if anything it'll impede recovery.

you goofed but honestly you'll probably be okay. your performance in the 10k will be limited by physiological factors that won't necessarily be hindered to any significant degree by sore legs from a lifting session. all its gonna do is test your tolerance to pain lol.

as long as you didnt do balls to the wall whatever it takes goddammit 8 hour legs workout, your performance won't be hindered that much.

MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ice is probably the worst suggestion, that will only delay healing time even further by slowing lymphatic flow and promoting vasoconstriction. The goal is not to slow fluid shifts, it is to enhance it. Heat, compression, sauna, active recovery, and non weight bearing activities to stimulate blood flow (biking, rowing, etc. - Marc Pro or Norma Tec if you really want to get fancy).

DO NOT use NSAIDs, you'll just be shooting yourself in the foot.
    B.S. Exercise Science

CuckConnoisseur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CuckConnoisseur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CuckConnoisseur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CuckConnoisseur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CuckConnoisseur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CuckConnoisseur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CuckConnoisseur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CuckConnoisseur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CuckConnoisseur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CuckConnoisseur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CuckConnoisseur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ice is probably the worst suggestion, that will only delay healing time even further by slowing lymphatic flow and promoting vasoconstriction. The goal is not to slow fluid shifts, it is to enhance it. Heat, compression, sauna, active recovery, and non weight bearing activities to stimulate blood flow (biking, rowing, etc. - Marc Pro or Norma Tec if you really want to get fancy).

DO NOT use NSAIDs, you'll just be shooting yourself in the foot
    how so?

NSAIDS are counterproductive in the long run as a recovery tool, but in the short term its likely the pros outweigh the cons in terms of pain relief and reduction in inflammation.

yeah it will screw with the inflammatory response slightly, but honestly that's going to be negligible if he does it just this once. the pain relief will be worth it.

need to look at the big picture, which is to maximize performance for the event. the net effect of a single dose of NSAIDs over the course of 1 day is going to amount to an extremely minute negative physiological effect but will yield a noticeable decrease in pain during the event.

definitely debatable, thats just my opinion.

Bonnappe is just really nice. (+1000) Bonnappe is just really nice. (+1000) Bonnappe is just really nice. (+1000) Bonnappe is just really nice. (+1000) Bonnappe is just really nice. (+1000) Bonnappe is just really nice. (+1000) Bonnappe is just really nice. (+1000) Bonnappe is just really nice. (+1000) Bonnappe is just really nice. (+1000) Bonnappe is just really nice. (+1000) Bonnappe is just really nice. (+1000)
    What's up man? Can you clear your inbox a bit? I have PM I'd like to send you regarding my issues

Originally Posted by CuckConnoisseur View Post
    how so?

NSAIDS are counterproductive in the long run as a recovery tool, but in the short term its likely the pros outweigh the cons in terms of pain relief and reduction in inflammation.

yeah it will screw with the inflammatory response slightly, but honestly that's going to be negligible if he does it just this once. the pain relief will be worth it.

need to look at the big picture, which is to maximize performance for the event. the net effect of a single dose of NSAIDs over the course of 1 day is going to amount to an extremely minute negative physiological effect but will yield a noticeable decrease in pain during the event.

definitely debatable, thats just my opinion.
    B.S. Exercise Science

What's up man? Can you clear your inbox a bit? I have PM I'd like to send you regarding my issues
    Lol...sorry man. I ALWAYS forget about my inbox. I JUST cleared everythign so i may have deleted your PM by accident

Gios has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gios has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gios has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gios has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gios has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gios has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gios has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gios has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gios has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gios has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gios has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Regarding incorporating low rep / high rep variations. I often do supersets and dropsets so does that cover both low and high rep? Normal sets I'm 6-10 range so that covers lower rep and then with supers or drops its after failure with lower reps on first set (4-6) then the super and drop obviously brigs total reps to 12 +
    Is that sufficient or should I do days of 12 - 15 rep ranges with the same weight on same exercise on most sets? Fanks in advance

Ive never looked at it like that. GJDM

Originally Posted by Gios View Post
    Regarding incorporating low rep / high rep variations. I often do supersets and dropsets so does that cover both low and high rep? Normal sets I'm 6-10 range so that covers lower rep and then with supers or drops its after failure with lower reps on first set (4-6) then the super and drop obviously brigs total reps to 12 +
    Is that sufficient or should I do days of 12 - 15 rep ranges with the same weight on same exercise on most sets? Fanks in advance
    As long as you are increasing the demand on the body then you should be fine. You dont need to swing a kettle bell while doing flips on a swiss ball. If you dont increase the weight, mode (db vs barbell vs etc), time etc, then you will continue to adapt. Otherwise, it is called the reversibility principle. If youa rent using what you have, then you'll lose it. Muscle confusion isnt a tough principle to understand. Throw some more weight on the bar, increase the rep range, pause between eccentric/concentric cycles etc....no need for all that cross fit BS

DassItMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DassItMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DassItMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DassItMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DassItMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DassItMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DassItMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DassItMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DassItMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DassItMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DassItMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    how long is the road from a 225lb squat ass to grass to 315lb squat ass to grass?

I'm lean bulking right now and all my lifts are going up. My squat sucks like crazy though. I posted my form to several forums and they all said it was amazing so it's not that. I'm just a crappy squatter. My bench is going really well though. I added 20lbs in the past 38 days to my bench 3rm and my other lifts are going well. Why do I just suck at squatting? I honestly want to lean bulk until I can bench around 240lbs for reps and squat 315lbs for reps and then cut hard as fukc. Bulking is depressing because it's life on rot mode because I'm just so focused on getting stronger that I don't feel the drive to do anything else in life besides studying and lifting. I'm confident I'll hit my bench goals soon enough but my squat is just terrible. Wat do? I'm 5'8 160lbs btw.
    Voices NEGGED without fear of being opinion crew

*Trust your gut crew*

Sep 2018: 5'7.5
    March 2019: 5'9
    Goal: 5'11-6'0

*shyt speller because keyboard is fukd crew

Originally Posted by DassItMan View Post
    how long is the road from a 225lb squat ass to grass to 315lb squat ass to grass?

I'm lean bulking right now and all my lifts are going up. My squat sucks like crazy though. I posted my form to several forums and they all said it was amazing so it's not that. I'm just a crappy squatter. My bench is going really well though. I added 20lbs in the past 38 days to my bench 3rm and my other lifts are going well. Why do I just suck at squatting? I honestly want to lean bulk until I can bench around 240lbs for reps and squat 315lbs for reps and then cut hard as fukc. Bulking is depressing because it's life on rot mode because I'm just so focused on getting stronger that I don't feel the drive to do anything else in life besides studying and lifting. I'm confident I'll hit my bench goals soon enough but my squat is just terrible. Wat do? I'm 5'8 160lbs btw.
    Cutting sucks balls bro. Big donkey balls. I think we can all argue you are on top of a plateau. The ACSM/NCSM protocol for plateau breaking is increase rest time between sets, but, honestly, that has never worked for me at all.

how on point is your lean bulk? Are you kcal counting or estimating as best as you can? I dont think it matters much, just wondering

anyway...so your form seems to be on point, but the legs just arent responding. What is your leg workout?
    How strong would you say your legs in general? do you have a respectable leg press (i think the leg press is slowly disappearing from gyms)? I'm just asking because (i'm sure you know this) you cant have a good squat with a weak leg press or weak ham development, ya know? Weak ISO = weak compounds.

the thing to remember about squats is that it is a HUGELY compound movement. The weight on your shoulders raises your center of gravity, Your core muscles (abs, erector spinae, inter/external obliques, transverse abdominal, multifidus and depending on who you ask the psoas major) keep you stable along with your glutes, then your hamstrings and quads contract in almost unison so the upper body can come down close to straight up. 100k years ago, human legs were probably solid as fuuuuuuuuck because there were no toilets and we had to squat to chit, so this isnt an unnatural movement. Usually where yous hould pause between eccentric and concentric phases is where the money is made but most dont exactly work on that, it just comes with the territory.

There are a bunch of factors that could reveal the culprit. PM me some and i'll take a look. Me thinks you should work on your hip drive. Lexira can give you an A+ run down on that. The guy can dick thrust a semi. But along with hip thrusts and also hamstring (i keep typing 'hamSTRONG' contraction because instead of hamSTRING. Maybe is hould coin that...) because they do more than just bend the knee. The also thrust your pelvis forward. Glutes area factor too.

What i'm getting at, and i'm sure you already knwo that its a multitude of muscles working in sync to achieve your goal, even down in the calves. Think in terms of a kinetic chain:
    -Energy generates from the ground into your feet
    -Which travels up to your calves
    -Then hams/quads, then glutes
    -and abs

when one group is lacking, the others pick up the slack and can cause injury. Knee issues tend to arise from poor stance. I personally like to rest y hands Over the bar rather than grab because it hurts my wrists. Also, make sure your elbows are pointing to the ground and tucking into your lats. This helps save face with your RC muscles. IMO, ATG squats are harmful, but to each his own. try puasing and the bottom and holding for 5-10 seconds and then EXPLODING up, you'll need to lower the weight though. You can also use plyometrics to help get a boost. Put as much effort in other lifts as ou do quat. And it never hurts to mix things up. Shock that sh*t up and FORCE your legs to respond

Edit:

chilleS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chilleS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chilleS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chilleS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chilleS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chilleS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chilleS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chilleS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chilleS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chilleS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chilleS has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Sprints the day after heavy legs? Putting together my program for football, running twice a week and unfortunately both days fall after legs (heavy legs and explosive/plyo days) Not sure what i can change due to my schedule outside of training, am i just going to injure myself attempting this?

Also i know not quite on topic, wondering if you could recommend any supps that genuinely improve athletic performance, just asking since there's a good few experience lifters in here. Thanks for the thread tankbruh

Originally Posted by chilleS View Post
    Sprints the day after heavy legs? Putting together my program for football, running twice a week and unfortunately both days fall after legs (heavy legs and explosive/plyo days) Not sure what i can change due to my schedule outside of training, am i just going to injure myself attempting this?

Also i know not quite on topic, wondering if you could recommend any supps that genuinely improve athletic performance, just asking since there's a good few experience lifters in here. Thanks for the thread tankbruh
    Sprinting the day after leg day is gonna suck balls. If I understand you correctly, you will be int he gym 2 days a week and sprinting 2 days (day after leg day)? What exactly will our leg day look like? It REALLY seems like you'd be dangerously close to over training. Personally, i'd EASE sprints in there because i hate doing them, i'm built like a deep freezer and i'm slow as fukkkkk. But you could go balls out on sprint day and slowly bring in leg day. I mean, if you REALLY put effort into sprints, especially after heavy leg day, you'll be damn near paralyzed for 2 or 3 days. Sprints are no fukking joke when you give it your all. can you give me a preview of what your workout will resemble?