WhatUpBrah50 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhatUpBrah50 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhatUpBrah50 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhatUpBrah50 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhatUpBrah50 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhatUpBrah50 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhatUpBrah50 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhatUpBrah50 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhatUpBrah50 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhatUpBrah50 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhatUpBrah50 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Need some nutrition advice

Hey guys been only lifting for a little more than a month and I have been seeing good progress so far, however I think I can push it even further by improving my nutrition. So far I rely on whey, egg whites, and cottage cheese to hit my protein goals. I realize I'm neglecting carbs an fats which is what I need some help on. Because of my crazy school/work schedule I sometimes forget to eat. What are some convenient foods I can toss in to help meet my carb/fat goals? I'm currently bulking.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Whey is a fraction of milk

Egg whites are a fraction of whole eggs

So why not drink milk and eat eggs? Then you'll get all the nutrients and not waste parts of the food.

Other than that, look at food labels or myfitnesspal for things you like eating. Good sources of protein rich wholefoods are: meat, eggs, dairy, nuts, beans, wholegrains, peas, lentils, pulses etc.

IFBB Amateur, M. Physique ArchangelEST's Avatar
    ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by WhatUpBrah50 View Post
    Hey guys been only lifting for a little more than a month and I have been seeing good progress so far, however I think I can push it even further by improving my nutrition. So far I rely on whey, egg whites, and cottage cheese to hit my protein goals. I realize I'm neglecting carbs an fats which is what I need some help on. Because of my crazy school/work schedule I sometimes forget to eat. What are some convenient foods I can toss in to help meet my carb/fat goals? I'm currently bulking.
    Switch to whole eggs. Use high fat milk with your whey shakes. Nuts and fruits are always easy to carry along as snacks and are a good source of carbs and fats. Hell, you shouldn't say no to some good chocolate or whatever junk food either every now and again. No need to try and stuff your face with egg whites and whatnot - that ****'s gonna make you throw up before you'll get enough calories in you. You can also mix all kinds of stuff into your cottage cheese - sweet or salty can both work depending on what stuff you've been buying. Also look into some nice beef jerky if you want more protein on the go.

Endless choices.
    Owner of:

www.Aspartame-Research.com
    www.MayfieldFitness.net

Author of:

Flexible Dieting Handbook: How To Lose Weight by Eating What You Want - an Amazon Bestseller

"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn. "

― Alvin Toffler

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    In addition to what has been said; beef jerky, trail mix, nuts, full fat dairy.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

WhatUpBrah50 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhatUpBrah50 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhatUpBrah50 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhatUpBrah50 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhatUpBrah50 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhatUpBrah50 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhatUpBrah50 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhatUpBrah50 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhatUpBrah50 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhatUpBrah50 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhatUpBrah50 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Whey is a fraction of milk

Egg whites are a fraction of whole eggs

So why not drink milk and eat eggs? Then you'll get all the nutrients and not waste parts of the food.

Other than that, look at food labels or myfitnesspal for things you like eating. Good sources of protein rich wholefoods are: meat, eggs, dairy, nuts, beans, wholegrains, peas, lentils, pulses etc.
    Originally Posted by ArchangelEST View Post
    Switch to whole eggs. Use high fat milk with your whey shakes. Nuts and fruits are always easy to carry along as snacks and are a good source of carbs and fats. Hell, you shouldn't say no to some good chocolate or whatever junk food either every now and again. No need to try and stuff your face with egg whites and whatnot - that ****'s gonna make you throw up before you'll get enough calories in you. You can also mix all kinds of stuff into your cottage cheese - sweet or salty can both work depending on what stuff you've been buying. Also look into some nice beef jerky if you want more protein on the go.

Endless choices.
    Originally Posted by gbullock32 View Post
    In addition to what has been said; beef jerky, trail mix, nuts, full fat dairy.
    Thanks guys. I avoid whole milk because of lactose intolerance, and avoid whole eggs because of high cholesterol.

The beef jerky is a good suggestion but I'm hitting at least 160g of protein a day, usually more, so I'm all set in that department. It's mostly carbs and fats I have trouble getting. The nuts are a good idea, hopefully they aren't too pricey. Thanks again!

wlodarczykn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wlodarczykn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wlodarczykn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wlodarczykn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wlodarczykn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wlodarczykn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wlodarczykn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wlodarczykn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wlodarczykn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wlodarczykn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wlodarczykn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    PB&J sandwiches
    ★Subaru WRX/STi Crew★

AdiasF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AdiasF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AdiasF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AdiasF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AdiasF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AdiasF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AdiasF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Some oatmeal and fruit are good sources of carbs. This morning I had no time to eat so I grabbed to bananas and boom. 60g carbs right there.

Just like @SuffolkPunch said, use myfitnesspal to help you. Been using it for around a month and it makes everything way easier. Switch to whole eggs like it was mentioned. It doubles the protein and gives you some healthy fat.

The high cholesterol on eggs is a myth that has been debunked many times.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Cholesterol in food has nothing to do with high blood cholesterol and CHD. Eggs yolks are a go.

However, if you don't tolerate lactose, no point upsetting your stomach - but you can still have some dairy products like yogurt or cheese.

Originally Posted by wlodarczykn View Post
    PB&J sandwiches
    Originally Posted by AdiasF View Post
    Some oatmeal and fruit are good sources of carbs. This morning I had no time to eat so I grabbed to bananas and boom. 60g carbs right there.

Just like @SuffolkPunch said, use myfitnesspal to help you. Been using it for around a month and it makes everything way easier. Switch to whole eggs like it was mentioned. It doubles the protein and gives you some healthy fat.

The high cholesterol on eggs is a myth that has been debunked many times.
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Cholesterol in food has nothing to do with high blood cholesterol and CHD. Eggs yolks are a go.

However, if you don't tolerate lactose, no point upsetting your stomach - but you can still have some dairy products like yogurt or cheese.
    Thanks again guys. Oddly enough the cottage cheese only slightly bloats me but straight milk gives my stomach all types of problems.

Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm the same way with milk. Try soy milk instead. I like the taste of soy milk or almond milk better anyway.

I always think sandwiches and wraps are a good idea- quick to make, easy to carry, require no utensils and can be very versatile. Just some mixes

PB and J
    PB and banana
    PB and raisins
    Turkey and bacon
    Roast beef and hummus
    Tuna salad and avocado
    Chicken breast and bean dip