Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Alvarezzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alvarezzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alvarezzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alvarezzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alvarezzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alvarezzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alvarezzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alvarezzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alvarezzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alvarezzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alvarezzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Any oral hygiene tips for a whiter smile (not bleach)? My teeth are pretty straight and I have a good smile; they just aren't the brightest. Going to get a teeth scraper as well.

Do I need a toothpaste change? I'm currently using Arm and hammer baking soda and peroxide which has worked for me for years, but lately doesn't seem to anymore.
    Keep the srs tag sacred crew

ausbrit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ausbrit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ausbrit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ausbrit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ausbrit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ausbrit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ausbrit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ausbrit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ausbrit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ausbrit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ausbrit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Best thread I've seen on here in years.

I swear by cold showers. For me it was a game-changer. It wakes you up etc, but I find it's main benefit is that it gives you a chance to set the tone for your entire day first thing in the morning.

Registered User patientpredator's Avatar
    patientpredator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patientpredator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patientpredator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patientpredator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patientpredator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patientpredator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patientpredator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patientpredator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patientpredator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patientpredator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patientpredator is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I was using sleep cycle up until recently, but stopped since I didn't like having my phone right next to me while sleeping (too hard to not use it).

A few people ITT have mentioned it can now use a microphone to judge your sleep. I just had a look, and couldn't find anything about that.

Can someone aware me, hopefully it isn't an apple only thing.

proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by patientpredator View Post
    I was using sleep cycle up until recently, but stopped since I didn't like having my phone right next to me while sleeping (too hard to not use it).

A few people ITT have mentioned it can now use a microphone to judge your sleep. I just had a look, and couldn't find anything about that.

I don't know if apple only but yeah I use it on iPhone, on iPhone version u choose it by going to settings in app and then go to "movement detection" and choose microphone instead of accelerometer, think this got added in last update of iOS version of the app like just couple months ago at most so if u don't have latest version try updating
    💪🏻Team Manlet💪🏻
    --♥♥--♥♥--TEAM MISC BIG C SUPPORT--♥♥--♥♥--
    "A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man." J. Springfield
    BRAINWAVES: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147989483
    MIND POWER/CONFIDENCE/GOALS
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158959453
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150994183
    STOICISM https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173954741
    1 Samuel 16:7

patientpredator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patientpredator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patientpredator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patientpredator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patientpredator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patientpredator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patientpredator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patientpredator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patientpredator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patientpredator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patientpredator is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by proudmanlet View Post
    I don't know if apple only but yeah I use it on iPhone, on iPhone version u choose it by going to settings in app and then go to "movement detection" and choose microphone instead of accelerometer, think this got added in last update of iOS version of the app like just couple months ago at most so if u don't have latest version try updating
    Thanks. I couldn't find it so I did some research on their site. At this point it's only for iphone.

dchuck90 is just really nice. (+1000) dchuck90 is just really nice. (+1000) dchuck90 is just really nice. (+1000) dchuck90 is just really nice. (+1000) dchuck90 is just really nice. (+1000) dchuck90 is just really nice. (+1000) dchuck90 is just really nice. (+1000) dchuck90 is just really nice. (+1000) dchuck90 is just really nice. (+1000) dchuck90 is just really nice. (+1000) dchuck90 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by FiteMeIrlFgt View Post
    -Waking up early and doing sprints. Feels good to do cardio again and waking up early makes me more productive throughout the day since I get chit done early

-Cleaning my room every single day. Clears my head and it's made me more of a minimalist. The more I clean, the more efficient I make everything in my room. If there's something I haven't used in awhile, I'll toss it or stash it. Each time I clean everything gets put away in a nicer fashion each day.

-Drumming everyday, either on a real drum set or just pads. It's nice to just make a beat. I carry my drum sticks everywhere, sometimes I'll play to the music in my car at a stoplight. It improves my coordination and it's a stress reliever

-Reading, I started reading again and it's really been improving my vocabulary and day to day social interactions. I don't feel as anxious when I converse with people, I always have something to say as opposed to before when I sucked at making conversation.

-Smile at people you make eye contact with, I've been doing this for awhile now and I've actually became friends with the people I smile at often. It's nice to just get to know different people everyday.

-Studying, I've never had to study in my life because everything came easy to me. These days I'm actually realizing how useful the information I learn in my class is. So right now in my junior year of college, I'm just now developing good study habits and wow, it's amazing. I only spend 15 minutes a day reading my books but it's helped tremendously in school and for applying what I've learned in real life situations.
    Literacy the bridge from misery to hope.

I am a strong advocate in reading.
    Less articles/posts and more literature 200+ pages.

proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz
    Thanks. I couldn't find it so I did some research on their site. At this point it's only for iphone.
    sorry maybe they will update it with it soon, hope so brah!
    💪🏻Team Manlet💪🏻

AyMayne is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AyMayne is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AyMayne is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AyMayne is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AyMayne is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AyMayne is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AyMayne is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AyMayne is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AyMayne is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AyMayne is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AyMayne is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Alvarezzz View Post
    Any oral hygiene tips for a whiter smile (not bleach)? My teeth are pretty straight and I have a good smile; they just aren't the brightest. Going to get a teeth scraper as well.

Do I need a toothpaste change? I'm currently using Arm and hammer baking soda and peroxide which has worked for me for years, but lately doesn't seem to anymore.
    I don't know if you would count Crest White Strips as bleach, but honestly, that's the only chit I've used that worked.

It worked so well that I consistently get people commenting on how white my teeth are. I'm in the double digits of compliments at this point. Often in a shocked manner, like they'll be saying something and mid-sentence they'll abruptly say something like "Wow, your teeth are REALLY white"

My teeth are so white that they are overexposed in pics and make me look like I'm frauding. If you've ever seen Friends where Ross leaves the bleach on his teeth for so long that they glow in the dark, it's like that. My roommate once described it as "creepy white"... feels good man.

The whiteness lasts quite a while too. AND that's despite me being a major coffee drinker (which has never really affected my teeth, come to think about it). Sometimes I think I lost the freakish whiteness of my teeth because I hadn't used the White Strips for like a year, only for somebody to comment on it again.

I've never noticed a difference based on the type of toothpaste I used. I go to the dentist twice a year for a full cleaning and I've never noticed a difference in whiteness based on that either. I really don't think you can get a much noticeably whiter smile without dem expensive chemical products.
    Books read in 2017: 110
    Books read in 2018: 29+ (Goal: 35)
    Positivity crew but always relapsing and losing my chit crew
    AJ Styles/Andrade Almas/Alexa Bliss crew
    INTP/ENTP crew
    Slytherin crew
    Wanna be a bad boy but deep down huge beta WK crew
    ~ Rest in Peace, Zyzz. Forever mirin. Thanks for the inspiration ~

Originally Posted by proudmanlet View Post
    sorry maybe they will update it with it soon, hope so brah!
    Not your fault, I appreciate you taking the time.

I think I might have an old iPad around somewhere, if I can find it that may work.

I love reading what people do to stay motivated and improve themselves.

bjnor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjnor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjnor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjnor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjnor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjnor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjnor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjnor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjnor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjnor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjnor is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Dan101 View Post
    Switching from weights to calisethenics. I look and feel so much better. I find bodyweight workouts much tougher than what I was doing with the iron and it's as if they just hit my muscles better. Not just that I get to train outside for free.
    Sounds great. Got any starting routines? Currently have access to a gym (and my home) no nearby parks with calisthenics equipment/bars. Already got dips and pullups implemented in my routine, what more can I add/switch up? Will add bodyrows in stead of cable rows from now on.

Would love to have a short routine/two-day split (?) to do every day for about 30-45 minutes.
    Have been thinking about keeping one exercise for each muscle group, bench, ohp, deadlift, squat, one bicep curl and one tricep movement - and then fill the rest with bodyweight exercises. Whats your take on this?
    Terrified... mortified... petrified... stupefied... by you.

Charlie1121 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Charlie1121 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Charlie1121 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Charlie1121 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Charlie1121 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Charlie1121 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Charlie1121 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Charlie1121 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Charlie1121 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Charlie1121 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Charlie1121 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Oil pulling
    Pot Smoking
    Orgasm
    Bikram
    Fermented veggie eating

kopikum is just really nice. (+1000) kopikum is just really nice. (+1000) kopikum is just really nice. (+1000) kopikum is just really nice. (+1000) kopikum is just really nice. (+1000) kopikum is just really nice. (+1000) kopikum is just really nice. (+1000) kopikum is just really nice. (+1000) kopikum is just really nice. (+1000) kopikum is just really nice. (+1000) kopikum is just really nice. (+1000)
    waking up at the same hour every day is the key, I work from home so used to wake up whenever I wanted and it really ****ed me up

ShadowShinobi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ShadowShinobi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ShadowShinobi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ShadowShinobi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ShadowShinobi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ShadowShinobi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ShadowShinobi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ShadowShinobi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ShadowShinobi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ShadowShinobi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ShadowShinobi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Outdoor cardio.

Krochna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krochna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krochna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krochna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krochna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krochna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krochna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krochna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krochna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krochna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krochna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Making lists and breaking down tasks into smaller, easy to do ones is great for motivation.
    Keeps you feeling like you're on the right path, getting things done. I use Google Keep at the moment, synchronizes everywhere.

vordulmega is a complete loser! (-2000) vordulmega is a complete loser! (-2000) vordulmega is a complete loser! (-2000) vordulmega is a complete loser! (-2000) vordulmega is a complete loser! (-2000) vordulmega is a complete loser! (-2000) vordulmega is a complete loser! (-2000) vordulmega is a complete loser! (-2000) vordulmega is a complete loser! (-2000) vordulmega is a complete loser! (-2000) vordulmega is a complete loser! (-2000)

I use it on iPhone, it uses the microphone and seems to work well although in the morning it picks up birds and such. It's quite sensitive. But I notice if I wake up early, if I move around too much during the wake up phase the alarm will go off.

I like it though, I notice I have better sleep quality on nights I don't drink alcohol etc.

Transformer01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Transformer01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Transformer01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Transformer01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Transformer01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Transformer01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Transformer01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Transformer01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Transformer01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Transformer01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Transformer01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by vordulmega View Post
    I use it on iPhone, it uses the microphone and seems to work well although in the morning it picks up birds and such. It's quite sensitive. But I notice if I wake up early, if I move around too much during the wake up phase the alarm will go off.

I like it though, I notice I have better sleep quality on nights I don't drink alcohol etc.
    i might try that app
    "Light travels faster than sound, This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak"

Get Ripped Or Die 'Mirin - R.I.P Zyzz

Registered User 6foot2masterace's Avatar
    6foot2masterace is just really nice. (+1000) 6foot2masterace is just really nice. (+1000) 6foot2masterace is just really nice. (+1000) 6foot2masterace is just really nice. (+1000) 6foot2masterace is just really nice. (+1000) 6foot2masterace is just really nice. (+1000) 6foot2masterace is just really nice. (+1000) 6foot2masterace is just really nice. (+1000) 6foot2masterace is just really nice. (+1000) 6foot2masterace is just really nice. (+1000) 6foot2masterace is just really nice. (+1000)
    Great stuff in here brahs, what are some of your favorite self improvement books?

And to the poster in here who said no-fap thats a big one. When i fap i feel terrible when i did not fap felt much more disciplined.
    Check out Criollo and Impurityz youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/EyeGameEG

Originally Posted by 6foot2masterace View Post
    Great stuff in here brahs, what are some of your favorite self improvement books?
    mine r listed here http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...post1354872691
    💪🏻Team Manlet💪🏻

Jkm94 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jkm94 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jkm94 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jkm94 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jkm94 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jkm94 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jkm94 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jkm94 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jkm94 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jkm94 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jkm94 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    bump

shreddywap is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) shreddywap is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) shreddywap is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) shreddywap is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) shreddywap is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) shreddywap is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) shreddywap is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) shreddywap is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) shreddywap is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) shreddywap is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) shreddywap is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    1. Wake up very early, typically 5am on weekdays. Makes me feel a lot more productive and a step ahead of the competition.
    2. Eat foods that are great for the skin, like carrots and sweet potatoes. I get complimented on how tan I look regularly and I almost never actually tan.
    3. Take cold showers.
    4. Daily brain training sessions using Elevate. It's an app designed to improve focus, speaking skills, processing speed, etc. Keeps me sharp.
    5. Have sex, but most importantly, safe, meaningful sex with a girl you really care about. There's a big difference brahs. This is coming from someone who's had his fair share of unprotected one-night stands.

TallSaint is a name known to all. (+5000) TallSaint is a name known to all. (+5000) TallSaint is a name known to all. (+5000) TallSaint is a name known to all. (+5000) TallSaint is a name known to all. (+5000) TallSaint is a name known to all. (+5000) TallSaint is a name known to all. (+5000) TallSaint is a name known to all. (+5000) TallSaint is a name known to all. (+5000) TallSaint is a name known to all. (+5000) TallSaint is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by 6foot2masterace View Post

And to the poster in here who said no-fap thats a big one. When i fap i feel terrible when i did not fap felt much more disciplined.
    It's not a self improvement book by title, but I just finished reading Arnold Schwarzenegger's Autobiography: Total Recall and it far more inspiring than most self improvement books I've read.

It teaches you a lot of self improvement principles through a very inspiring story.

It's a big bonus if you are into lifting as well.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    1. Spend at least 30 min outdoors everyday rain, snow or shine.
    2. Appreciate my husband by showing affection, paying a compliment, or just doing something nice.
    3. Read something.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Ashfrolicious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ashfrolicious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ashfrolicious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ashfrolicious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ashfrolicious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ashfrolicious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ashfrolicious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ashfrolicious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ashfrolicious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ashfrolicious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ashfrolicious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Great thread....

1) Focus on more positive and productive things each day, and turning any negative stimuli (thoughts/feelings etc) into more positive ones. Takes quite a bit of focus
    2) Watching and reading lots of material about philosophy, mindfulness, and even spirituality. I've been toeing the line between agnosticism and atheism the past few years, and I find that if I was to not believe in anything (atheism), I find that I feel very hollow and vacuous inside. A very lonely feeling. This may be a placebo effect, but I prefer the idea of finding common ground between rationality/science etc and the possibility of other metaphysical things.
    3) Being more connected with my family. Living on the other side of the country as my parents (due to university), is very hard. Especially as they are now in their late 60s Time is precious, brahs
    4) Being more mindful about my exercise/diet regimen, and not consuming things that are more harmful to me (excess alcohol etc)

As a former research sleep scientist, I wouldn't really bother with silly gadgets like that to "judge" your sleep lol.

If you are really curious - book a polysomnogram at a sleep centre near you.

Originally Posted by shreddywap View Post
    5. Have sex, but most importantly, safe, meaningful sex with a girl you really care about. There's a big difference brahs. This is coming from someone who's had his fair share of unprotected one-night stands.
    25 years old, and you've got dat dere wisdom brah.

I've been having casual sex for the past few years, and it's nowhere near as good as with a girl you really care about.
    Last edited by Ashfrolicious; 10-24-2016 at 05:42 PM.
    Positive Crew
    Dentist Crew
    Seen the Eiffel Tower but haven't been to France Crew

"Your thoughts become your beliefs. Your beliefs become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny."

PeteJonesHTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeteJonesHTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeteJonesHTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeteJonesHTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeteJonesHTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeteJonesHTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeteJonesHTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeteJonesHTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeteJonesHTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeteJonesHTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeteJonesHTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Exercising

I wish I could take a nap erryday, but it's frowned upon at my office (I know, right?). But on the weekends, since I lift early morning, I usually take a nap after my post workout meal. Dat R&R tho.
    **Engineering master race crew**
    **MILF crew**
    **Kliff Kingsbury crew**
    **Magna Cum Laude crew**
    **Secretly enjoys Hallmark channel Xmas movies crew**

Originally Posted by Ashfrolicious View Post
    As a former research sleep scientist, I wouldn't really bother with silly gadgets like that to "judge" your sleep lol.

If you are really curious - book a polysomnogram at a sleep centre near you.
    Thanks for the reply.

It isn't so much that I want it to judge my sleep, though I do enjoy looking at the stats and graphs, I just want it to wake me up during my lightest sleep so getting up is easier. I have never been a morning person, and it's always tough for me so anything that can help I'll take.

I fired up the iPad, and was able to get the microphone utility on sleep cycle, liked it much better than the movement detection.

I'm also trying out melatonin before bed, starting last night. Will keep it up for a month or so before deciding whether to continue. Anyone have any experiences/thoughts with this.

A lot of my 'good habit' process is focused on a good sleep pattern and getting up early, as I find if I get this right other good habits often follow on naturally from that.

Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Have a 4 month boy now and wife back to work a few weeks ago and I work nights. So I have him during the day. Trying to make a positive morning/day for him and figuring out this dad thing: So I work 9:30 pm - 5:30 am and have the boy until around 1 or some days 5pm. Sleep 5p-9p (if I'm lucky)

Sleep: Get home and if he is asleep still, I go too sleep. Hell, when he naps at any time during the day, I nap. Get it when I can. I need more sleep. My body and mind really need it.

Read: I've always been a big reader but never out loud. Didn't realize how terrible of a reader I was until this little guy. I read to him constantly. Kids books, my personal book, recipes as I cook...literally everything. Highly suggest just reading to yourself out loud some times. Since starting that, I feel more articulate and clear while speaking.

Cardio and Lifting: I run with him every morning in his running stroller. At least a mile a day and up to 5 on days I don't lift. Do sprints days I lift between sets with him in stroller. I lift in my garage and we listen to classical music. Didn't realize how much time I wasted between sets and dicking around while lifting. He gives me the proper motivation to get my workouts done more efficiently while being safe. Mostly because I want to get done before he loses his sht. srs.

Clean house/cooking: I clean mostly because I'm bored and I carry little man in a carrier that straps too my chest to get him to nap. Kid hates sitting still. Results are great. Clean house creates a positive atmosphere so I try to clean a room a day. Plus I do all the cooking. I enjoy cooking a lot. It's meditative too me. But when I do these things, I speak the steps I'm taking out loud to him as I do them. I've realized how out of order I am in the kitchen since staring this. By speaking through the steps, I find I finish one task at a time or complete multiple cooking steps at a time more efficiently and get less distracted. My work space is also much cleaner for some reason.

Outdoors: Get him and myself outside for at least 30 mins. Bought a botanical book to ID plants and animals that we see on our hikes. Even rocks. I just park his stroller in a spot on a hike and let him listen and smell. Good for both of us and something I did before him anyways. If it's raining, we sit in the garage and watch the rain and listen too the thunder or go stand out in it. As a result, he really isn't scared of storms and sleeps through them. Can't beat the outdoors!!

Painting: Started watercolor painting just to try something new though haven't had much time for it. Enjoy it a lot and hope to get back too it soon. Try to sketch and work on drawing at work when I have down time.

Time too myself: Love my wife and kid but everyone needs time too themselves. My wife and I try to take around an hour or longer and do something on our own. Right now it's playing a video game, watching Netflix or painting. Mostly laying in bed watching Netflix on my phone. Should probably sleep now that I think about it.

snufy is just really nice. (+1000) snufy is just really nice. (+1000) snufy is just really nice. (+1000) snufy is just really nice. (+1000) snufy is just really nice. (+1000) snufy is just really nice. (+1000) snufy is just really nice. (+1000) snufy is just really nice. (+1000) snufy is just really nice. (+1000) snufy is just really nice. (+1000) snufy is just really nice. (+1000)
    I hate to say it... but as you get older, eating "clean" is just so much more important.

The pleasure feelings of eating chit food aren't worth more then the feeling of eating well any longer.

you actually want to eat lots of veggies and small meals of chicken and rice.

One other thing... NEVER stop learning new things, even if they're challenging. It's actually more enjoyable learning things when you don't "have too" or aren't getting scored on a test/exam.

I've taught myself HTML/CSS/JS in like 2 months. It's pretty easy with the resources available. It just takes some effort and time.

I would like to learn a language as well.

Keep the mind occupied and challenged is equally if not more important then the body.

Like the wizard above me.... get more into the arts, it's relaxing and rewarding.
    SINK Crew (Single Income No Kids)

Who gon' drive? How about we both drive. I love that Sh*t.

Ashfrolicious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ashfrolicious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ashfrolicious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ashfrolicious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ashfrolicious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ashfrolicious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ashfrolicious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ashfrolicious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ashfrolicious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ashfrolicious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ashfrolicious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thanks for the reply.

It isn't so much that I want it to judge my sleep, though I do enjoy looking at the stats and graphs, I just want it to wake me up during my lightest sleep so getting up is easier. I have never been a morning person, and it's always tough for me so anything that can help I'll take.

I fired up the iPad, and was able to get the microphone utility on sleep cycle, liked it much better than the movement detection.

I'm also trying out melatonin before bed, starting last night. Will keep it up for a month or so before deciding whether to continue. Anyone have any experiences/thoughts with this.

A lot of my 'good habit' process is focused on a good sleep pattern and getting up early, as I find if I get this right other good habits often follow on naturally from that.
    Ah ok, got it.

A tip - the best time to get up for anyone, is when a phase of NREM 3 (deepest stage of non-REM) or REM (when people typically dream) has just completed, and your have had an "arousal" (obvious and prominent electrophysiological changes to your brain waves).

Again, best way to find out is via a polysomnography at a sleep centre, or taking one machine from the sleep centre home to monitor yourself at night.

Despite this - there can be some variation regarding WHEN you would have these critical stages of sleep - NREM3 and REM. Hence, trying to judge when to get up can be pretty inaccurate.

I think we all know "what it feels like" to get up in the middle of a dream or while in deep sleep - horrible.
    Positive Crew
    Dentist Crew
    Seen the Eiffel Tower but haven't been to France Crew

"Your thoughts become your beliefs. Your beliefs become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny."

tx_rican is a name known to all. (+5000) tx_rican is a name known to all. (+5000) tx_rican is a name known to all. (+5000) tx_rican is a name known to all. (+5000) tx_rican is a name known to all. (+5000) tx_rican is a name known to all. (+5000) tx_rican is a name known to all. (+5000) tx_rican is a name known to all. (+5000) tx_rican is a name known to all. (+5000) tx_rican is a name known to all. (+5000) tx_rican is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

Very good stuff in here
    "Easy, peezy, lemon squeezy."

wailshark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wailshark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wailshark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wailshark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wailshark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wailshark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wailshark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wailshark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wailshark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wailshark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wailshark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    1) sleep - I'm always up at 6:30, in bed by 11 (~7.5h seems to be a sweet spot for me)
    2) move - morning workout in addition to whatever other activity may be scheduled (rock climbing, a jog, volleyball game, hike, etc...)
    3) family/friends - send a message or call a cousin/friend who lives far away etc... at least once a week just to see how they're doing and catch up
    4) eat clean - IIFYM works when you're young but I feel like chit if I consume too much processed food or sweets or junk (like wings covered in sauce) nowadays
    5) podcasts - running and gym time will never be the same (saw a list above but I like freakonomics, planet money, note to self, TED radio hour, the moth radio hour, 99% invisible)
    6) no mindless TV - stopped turning the news on while I make breakfast; not missing anything. Still watch good movies or shows from time to time or catch a live game with the boys
    7) scheduling - get a calendar app/planner/piece of paper and stick to it - plan out your days and your months, time is just passing by
    8) do things that scare you just a little - say yes to trying new activities, give big presentations you think you're unprepared for, etc...
    9) email - block chunks of time in a day to spend on it, unsubscribe to all promo mailings (the 1-2s it takes to delete this crap adds up)
    10) save - 15% of my pay heads to a bank account that is at a different bank; out of sight out of mind until it is time to transfer that money to investments/book a vacation/or an unexpected purchase comes up
    11) buy as little as possible - a "deal" is only a deal if you were going to buy the item anyway; the fewer things you have the happier you'll be (srs)
    12) read - been covered above and no, twitter and ******** don't count - spend 30 mins a week catching up on this chit if you want it
    13) be kind to strangers; sometimes everyone is having a bad day...dude who cut you off probably isn't as big of an ******* as you think in that moment
    ‾\_(ツ)_/‾