Doogless has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Please help motivate me

Hello everyone I'm looking for a little encouragement. I have tried working out in the past but could never get past the 3-4 month mark and would then not workout for a few years after that. I'm goin to be 25 end of this year I feel like I won't be able to achieve my goals of trying to get 20lbs from a years training. I feel like it's impossible and unrealistic but would be achievable if I started at 18 and kept at it. I am a little motivated because there is this guy I use to be friends with, he use to be smaller than me. We were both in a arm wrestling comp and he beat me right handed but i won left...but my left is my weak arm and he got really worn the heck out from the dude he faced before me so I beat both of them. Just really pissed me off how cocky he was rubbing it in and thinking he was better than me. made me wanna do this and come back next year and kick him down a few pegs. He ain't much bigger than me now but I'm afraid to make an embarrassment of myself. I really, really, wanna gain 20-25lbs lose some fat and beat the guy come next year. Go from 200lb mush to 185 solidness. Am I aiming to high? Are my goals unrealistic? Maybe 15lbs is more realistic idk. Some encouragement and advice would.really go a long way for me

K3RBY will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3RBY will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3RBY will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3RBY will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3RBY will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3RBY will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3RBY will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3RBY will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3RBY will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3RBY will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3RBY will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Anything is possible if you put your mind to it! The best advice I can give you is to have no ego in the gym. Nutrition is also going to be your best friend because all that work you do in the gym means absolutely nothing if you don't stay on top of your nutrition.

scooter925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scooter925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scooter925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scooter925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scooter925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scooter925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scooter925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scooter925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scooter925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scooter925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scooter925 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Totally feel your pain

Originally Posted by Doogless View Post
    Hello everyone I'm looking for a little encouragement. I have tried working out in the past but could never get past the 3-4 month mark and would then not workout for a few years after that. I'm goin to be 25 end of this year I feel like I won't be able to achieve my goals of trying to get 20lbs from a years training. I feel like it's impossible and unrealistic but would be achievable if I started at 18 and kept at it. I am a little motivated because there is this guy I use to be friends with, he use to be smaller than me. We were both in a arm wrestling comp and he beat me right handed but i won left...but my left is my weak arm and he got really worn the heck out from the dude he faced before me so I beat both of them. Just really pissed me off how cocky he was rubbing it in and thinking he was better than me. made me wanna do this and come back next year and kick him down a few pegs. He ain't much bigger than me now but I'm afraid to make an embarrassment of myself. I really, really, wanna gain 20-25lbs lose some fat and beat the guy come next year. Go from 200lb mush to 185 solidness. Am I aiming to high? Are my goals unrealistic? Maybe 15lbs is more realistic idk. Some encouragement and advice would.really go a long way for me
    Just wanted to encourage you to keep at it, your goals are not at all realistic. When you start feeling down, remind yourself not just what your goal is but why you want it. The why is usually the most important part of it.

Stay connected in forums, read up and educate yourself. I especially liked this book:

Truthisfitness is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Search for something that really keeps you going!