KingDoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Kreatinine value in blood skyrocketing.. Please help

Hey guys,

I'm 18 years old been fitnessing with a high protein diet for 1.5 years or so.
    Now I've recently took a blood test and turns out my Kreatinine value skyrocketed, now I did a quick google search and turns out your Kreatinine will go up if you're eating alot of meat/fish/protein..

Information about Kreatinine : en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creatinine (put www in front of it I cant post links yet)

Not only am i looking for someone who knows the consequenses of a high Kreatinine value but also for someone has experienced this and has solved /helped this problem but I also want to make people aware that this could happen to you. Apparantly a high protein diet will damage your kidneys bit by bit. I'm around 102 kg and eat 180-220 grams of protein a day and 180-250 grams of carbs. I take rice protein or soy protein, trying to stay away from milk protein but this still happens.
    Could someone who has knowledge about chemistry or biology talk to me about this issue and make me feel comfortable.. because at this stage i just want to become vegan lmao.

Now I'm not experienced with this, and im also aware that this post is kind of confusing but if something is wrong in this post please feel free to tell me and I'll apoligise for any inconvenience.

straight4pay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) straight4pay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Maybe you actually read the wikipedia link you posted before you freak out? Also if you got a blood test why don't you just ask your doctor?! Are you really that stupid?

Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by KingDoo View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm 18 years old been fitnessing with a high protein diet for 1.5 years or so.
    Now I've recently took a blood test and turns out my Kreatinine value skyrocketed, now I did a quick google search and turns out your Kreatinine will go up if you're eating alot of meat/fish/protein..

Information about Kreatinine : en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creatinine (put www in front of it I cant post links yet)

Not only am i looking for someone who knows the consequenses of a high Kreatinine value but also for someone has experienced this and has solved /helped this problem but I also want to make people aware that this could happen to you. Apparantly a high protein diet will damage your kidneys bit by bit. I'm around 102 kg and eat 180-220 grams of protein a day and 180-250 grams of carbs. I take rice protein or soy protein, trying to stay away from milk protein but this still happens.
    Could someone who has knowledge about chemistry or biology talk to me about this issue and make me feel comfortable.. because at this stage i just want to become vegan lmao.

Now I'm not experienced with this, and im also aware that this post is kind of confusing but if something is wrong in this post please feel free to tell me and I'll apoligise for any inconvenience.

A high creatinine value isn't in and of itself harmful. Meaning lowering for the reason of having it arbitrarily lower won't make you more or less healthy. If you stop weight training, lose 15 pounds of muscle, go vegan, etc. your creatinine level will probably plummet...that will not in and of itself make you healthier.

We need way more information from you...

What were your historic creatinine numbers? A one time reading is virtually useless (unless it is ridiculously high indicating a false positive or some sort of actual health issue). The trend is most important with creatinine.

My creatinine has been 1.3-1.55. For some people that could mean kidney failure. For me, that has been my level for the past 14 years....stable and steady. Here is an example...An 80 year old lady whose creatinine is always 0.4 and gets bloods done and then it's 1.2 would be FAR more alarming than a weight training male with a high protein diet whose creatinine is always 1.2-1.3

Secondly, what did your doctor say? Does he want a retest I assume?

I'm not going to get into the semantics of protein and kidney health but suffice to say unless you have an underlying kidney condition a moderately high protein diet (and yours isn't THAT high) will not harm your kidneys.

guyspartacus will become famous soon enough. (+50) guyspartacus will become famous soon enough. (+50) guyspartacus will become famous soon enough. (+50) guyspartacus will become famous soon enough. (+50) guyspartacus will become famous soon enough. (+50) guyspartacus will become famous soon enough. (+50) guyspartacus will become famous soon enough. (+50) guyspartacus will become famous soon enough. (+50) guyspartacus will become famous soon enough. (+50) guyspartacus will become famous soon enough. (+50) guyspartacus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    'A patient with a greater muscle mass will have a higher creatinine level. While a baseline serum creatinine of 2.0 mg/dL (177 μmol/L) may indicate normal kidney function in a male body builder, a serum creatinine of 1.6 mg/dL (110 μmol/L) can indicate significant renal disease in an elderly female.'

You an old woman?
    ------Current PR----------Goal for 2016
    Squat 155kg x 3-----------160kg x 5
    Bench 130kg x 2-----------140kg x 5
    Dead--220kg x 1-----------250kg x 1
    OHP----75kg x 2-----------90kg x 5

Originally Posted by straight4pay View Post
    Maybe you actually read the wikipedia link you posted before you freak out? Also if you got a blood test why don't you just ask your doctor?! Are you really that stupid?
    I have an appointment with my doctor next week, I'm just curious and I don't want to make it worse than it is now. I read the wikipedia link and it didn't quite gave me the information I wanted. Maybe its because im not native english. Calm down man really.

Originally Posted by Flex500 View Post
    A high creatinine value isn't in and of itself harmful. Meaning lowering for the reason of having it arbitrarily lower won't make you more or less healthy. If you stop weight training, lose 15 pounds of muscle, go vegan, etc. your creatinine level will probably plummet...that will not in and of itself make you healthier.

We need way more information from you...

What were your historic creatinine numbers? A one time reading is virtually useless (unless it is ridiculously high indicating a false positive or some sort of actual health issue). The trend is most important with creatinine.

My creatinine has been 1.3-1.55. For some people that could mean kidney failure. For me, that has been my level for the past 14 years....stable and steady. Here is an example...An 80 year old lady whose creatinine is always 0.4 and gets bloods done and then it's 1.2 would be FAR more alarming than a weight training male with a high protein diet whose creatinine is always 1.2-1.3

Secondly, what did your doctor say? Does he want a retest I assume?

I'm not going to get into the semantics of protein and kidney health but suffice to say unless you have an underlying kidney condition a moderately high protein diet (and yours isn't THAT high) will not harm your kidneys.
    Aaah I see, thanks alot man really needed to read this. I haven't spoken to him yet appointment is next week. Might point this out to him if he doesnt to me.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Apparantly a high protein diet will damage your kidneys bit by bit.
    Onzin. Nonsense.

I take rice protein or soy protein, trying to stay away from milk protein but this still happens.
    Those are poor choices for building muscle.

What is your body fat percentage?
    Recommended science based fitness & nutrition information:
    Alan Aragon https://alanaragon.com/
    Brad Schoenfeld http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/
    James Krieger https://weightology.net/
    Jorn Trommelen http://www.nutritiontactics.com/
    Eric Helms & Team3DMJ https://3dmusclejourney.com/

Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post
    Onzin. Nonsense.

Those are poor choices for building muscle.

What is your body fat percentage?
    Tbh I have no idea, will measure it soon might come in handy.

Would you care to explain to me why those are poor choices to make muscle, and maybe point out if there are any good things about them or only bad things.. I've did quite some research
    picking the appropriate protein powder. But I've excluded whey milk protein in my list because in my point of view toomuch milk is bad and I already eat quite a few milk products anyway so I've made my choices for rice and soy so that I can cut down abit on my milk protein. Maybe i'ts all wrong, you tell me .

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Tbh I have no idea, will measure it soon might come in handy.
    Which one looks to have similar body fat as you?

Would you care to explain to me why those are poor choices to make muscle, and maybe point out if there are any good things about them or only bad things.picking the appropriate protein powder. But I've excluded whey milk protein in my list because in my point of view toomuch milk is bad and I already eat quite a few milk products anyway so I've made my choices for rice and soy so that I can cut down abit on my milk protein. Maybe i'ts all wrong, you tell me .
    You want about 3 grams of leucine per meal.

Soy and rice protein are low on leucine.

There's nothing wrong with some whey protein in your diet. Whey is not the same as milk.

Ah alright, I'm between 20 and 25 % , btw what would happen if i had 10 grams of leucine per meal (I'm not but just curious), or what would happen if youd have 6 meals and 1 of them would be 30 grams of leucine? and the rest about 0-1 ( again I'm not but just curious).

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Ah alright, I'm between 20 and 25 % , btw what would happen if i had 10 grams of leucine per meal (I'm not but just curious), or what would happen if youd have 6 meals and 1 of them would be 30 grams of leucine? and the rest about 0-1 ( again I'm not but just curious).
    If you aren't doing it does it matter? It would be less than optimal is all, nothing more.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Why are you eating 220 grams of protein a day? That's ridiculous.

Originally Posted by lsiberian View Post
    Why are you eating 220 grams of protein a day? That's ridiculous.
    .. Is it really? in what terms.. I've heard it's not even alot..

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    .. Is it really? in what terms.. I've heard it's not even alot..
    Given your weight, it isn't.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

Ah alright, I'm between 20 and 25 %.
    Are you trying to lose weight?